Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Same-sex Marriage Bill Is Irrevocable – David Mark - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Same-sex Marriage Bill Is Irrevocable – David Mark (6634 Views)

Change Is Irrevocable – Osinbajo / Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill / Gov.t.a Orji Has Declared That The Relocation Of The Main Market Is Irrevocable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Same-sex Marriage Bill Is Irrevocable – David Mark by PointB: 1:47am On Dec 02, 2011
Same sex marriage bill irrevocable – Mark Featured
Written by  Oluwole Josiah, Abuja

font size decrease font size increase font size

President of the Senate, David Mark, has reacted to the criticisms from the international community over the passage of the bill prohibiting the same sex marriage, saying the action by the Senate is irrevocable.

Speaking while receiving the German Ambassador to Nigeria, Dorothee Janetzke-Wenzelin, in his office on Thursday, Mark said the Senate would not change its position in the face of threats by some foreign nations.

He restated his position that countries could withdraw their aids to Nigeria if they wished on account of the law on the same sex marriage.

Mark said, "It is unfair to tie whatever assistance or aid to Nigeria to the laws we make in the overall interest of our citizens, otherwise we are tempted to believe that such assistance comes with ulterior motives.

"If the assistance is aimed at mortgaging our future, values, custom and ways of life, then they should as well keep their assistance."

He also assured foreign missions in Nigeria of their safety as the Federal Government had risen to the occasion to check the menace of security threats.

He said, "There is no need to panic or contemplate leaving Nigeria on account of security. We are doing our best to contain the situation. Recent events have shown that we are capable of handling the situation.

Mark said Nigeria was aware of the challenging security situation and was exploring all reasonable local and international avenues to tackle the situation.

"I can say without fear of contradiction that our efforts are yielding results in dealing with the security situation. So there is no need for anybody or mission to contemplate leaving Nigeria, we shall overcome," he said.

According to him, Nigeria and Germany have a long history of bilateral relationship which he canvassed should be improved upon for the benefit of both nations.

[url]http://www.punchontheweb.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=6434:same-sex-marriage-bill-irrevocable-%E2%80%93-mark&Itemid=542[/url]
Re: Same-sex Marriage Bill Is Irrevocable – David Mark by Nobody: 4:11am On Dec 02, 2011
Stand and dont waver.
Stay consistent.
And the world will take you serious.
Re: Same-sex Marriage Bill Is Irrevocable – David Mark by PointB: 6:35am On Dec 02, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Stand and dont waver.
Stay consistent.

+100
Re: Same-sex Marriage Bill Is Irrevocable – David Mark by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 04, 2011
president mark (insha Allah) "countries that want to withdraw aid on the issue of same sex marriage can go to hell" sir you have my vote come 2015.
Re: Same-sex Marriage Bill Is Irrevocable – David Mark by muyoto: 10:31pm On Dec 04, 2011
go David go! cool
Re: Same-sex Marriage Bill Is Irrevocable – David Mark by OAM4J: 10:46pm On Dec 04, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Stand and dont waver.
Stay consistent.

Well said.
Re: Same-sex Marriage Bill Is Irrevocable – David Mark by efisher(m): 10:51pm On Dec 04, 2011
David Mark, you have the support of most Nigerians on this one. Nothing do you.
Re: Same-sex Marriage Bill Is Irrevocable – David Mark by jmaine: 11:28pm On Dec 04, 2011
Jonzing people smiley . . .boiz dey arrange to revolt go U.S.A and U.K embassy as per Visa level due to persecution of their false gay status . . . . Assylum in the U.S.A here we come cheesy . .

No time . . .You go fear huge numbers of straight people wey go claim gay just to locate one Visa go obodo oyibo grin grin . . .
Re: Same-sex Marriage Bill Is Irrevocable – David Mark by ortopazz(m): 8:10am On Dec 05, 2011
Oshei, u toh badt. Mark me oga mi I de wit u.
Re: Same-sex Marriage Bill Is Irrevocable – David Mark by ortopazz(m): 8:13am On Dec 05, 2011
Naija we sef ehn! Politicianios e b lyk say Germanz no d gbadun same sex issues so im moral high, any hwz afteral I dnt see what they gv us gud or bad that ABA cnt do, eitherways.
Re: Same-sex Marriage Bill Is Irrevocable – David Mark by Emmyk(m): 8:14am On Dec 05, 2011
Damn Straight Mark!
Re: Same-sex Marriage Bill Is Irrevocable – David Mark by Ehisod(m): 8:20am On Dec 05, 2011
Nigerians !!! na wa o! Na same sex marriage be our problem for dis country? There are so many important legislations and reports that have refused to see the light of day. Yet see the speed wen this bill take pass. Yeye senate and their president.
Re: Same-sex Marriage Bill Is Irrevocable – David Mark by Suntemi(m): 8:23am On Dec 05, 2011
Ehisod:

Nigerians !!! na wa o! [b]Na same sex marriage be our problem for dis country? [/b]There are so many important legislations and reports that have refused to see the light of day. Yet see the speed wen this bill take pass. Yeye senate and their president.

It will be part of our future problem if not tackled now.

Ileke-IdI:

Stand and dont waver.
Stay consistent.

Supported.
Re: Same-sex Marriage Bill Is Irrevocable – David Mark by cashmentor(m): 8:42am On Dec 05, 2011
Now that's the Balls, Ooops! I mean, thats what we're talking about!
Re: Same-sex Marriage Bill Is Irrevocable – David Mark by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 05, 2011
sun_temi:

It will be part of our future problem if not tackled now.

Words  cool
Re: Same-sex Marriage Bill Is Irrevocable – David Mark by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 05, 2011
There's nothing for the reps to gain in terms of money and contract, that's why dis bill gets passed easily.
Re: Same-sex Marriage Bill Is Irrevocable – David Mark by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 05, 2011
Re: Same-sex Marriage Bill Is Irrevocable – David Mark by GagaBoy: 8:55am On Dec 05, 2011
Nigerians and their primitive minds. Lol, See you guys applauding him for violation of human rights while they are lots of problem this country is facing e.g Terrorism and Even ASSU is on strike. There's no way we are going to move foward if all our leader does is push aside our most pressing issues and start delibrating over issues that is irrelevant to our nation's development. And to use religion and morality to defend the bill is the biggest insult to us and God. If they want to ban same sex, they shuld also ban fornication, adultry,  Insulting our brothers and other sins to. Its only fair. AND I WOULD ADVISE ALL THE AMBASADORS AND DELEGATES TO LEAVE O. NIGERIA IS NOT SAFE. ME SEF DEY GO SWEDEN NEXT YEAR
Re: Same-sex Marriage Bill Is Irrevocable – David Mark by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 05, 2011
jmaine:

Jonzing people  smiley . . .boiz dey arrange to revolt go U.S.A and U.K embassy as per Visa level due to persecution of their false man-lover status . . . . Assylum in the U.S.A here we come  cheesy  . .

No time . . .You go fear huge numbers of straight people wey go claim man-lover just to locate one Visa go obodo oyibo   grin grin . . .

Imagine if they kon tell dem "To prove you're both gay, we need to watch you 2 take to yansh, here and now" and they will monitor everything[b] to be sure [/b] both are enjoying it.  cheesy
Re: Same-sex Marriage Bill Is Irrevocable – David Mark by elliottibanga(m): 8:58am On Dec 05, 2011
Oh my country!!!

Why does thou chase after ants,

When lions roam unchecked.

embarassed cry angry
Re: Same-sex Marriage Bill Is Irrevocable – David Mark by Chuksaluta(m): 9:06am On Dec 05, 2011
Ehisod:

Nigerians !!! na wa o! Na same sex marriage be our problem for dis country? There are so many important legislations and reports that have refused to see the light of day. Yet see the speed wen this bill take pass. Yeye senate and their president.
and so what! people like you dont see anything good in it. at least the speed should show you how much we detest homosexuallity.
How many years did it take the US to legalize it, nigeria is only 51yrs.
Re: Same-sex Marriage Bill Is Irrevocable – David Mark by Oba234: 9:15am On Dec 05, 2011
The only time I ever see Nigeria gets anything done is when the laws deals with morality issue. They are quick to vote on a morality issue because Nigeria is a deeply religious country, but talks of economy, infrastruture, corruption, we don't see such quick action. Imagine if Nigeria work towards targeting issues like these the way they want to regulate people intimate activities, I swear we won't be a third world country. I disagree with the vote, but I understand Nigeria is an independent country and they can what they want. I still find this whole thing bizzare. religion sha.

I swear Nigerians are hypocrites with the corruption, scams, 419, drug dealing, polygamy, aristo babes, adultery fornication, etc now Nigeria want to be the moral police? LMAO and tout some useless Nigerian values. Abeg, what are Nigerian values? HYPOCRITESSSSSSSS!

Sometimes, I wonder why Nigeria is a poor country and behind despite having so many intelligent people. I am starting to think it is because of our hypocritical nature. God doesn't like hypocrites.
Re: Same-sex Marriage Bill Is Irrevocable – David Mark by Ruq: 9:22am On Dec 05, 2011
Wait another five to eight years and see if it wont be signed.

Why are people actin like signin it by the senate means it can be practiced??It only means they have the govts support. The influx of gay people in Nigeria has been doubled over the recent years,

as if some of this politicians aint gay themselves??

Am so sure its gonna be signed it might take years but Nigeria will definitely accept it in few years to come.
Re: Same-sex Marriage Bill Is Irrevocable – David Mark by GagaBoy: 9:27am On Dec 05, 2011
The worse thing is that Nigeria is weak and whether we want to believe it or not, we are still DEPENDENT on foreign countries. I give it a year befor we fold to foreign countries and This bill will be declared null and void! So we should not disturb ourselves by this and Face the REAL problem this country is faced.
Re: Same-sex Marriage Bill Is Irrevocable – David Mark by crackhouse(m): 9:31am On Dec 05, 2011
DivideUs:

president mark (insha Allah) "countries that want to withdraw aid on the issue of same sex marriage can go to hell" sir you have my vote come 2015.
DivideUs:

u dey mad?, Wetin concern 2015 with this topic. Abi, Did David Mark tell u that he want to vie for the post 2015?. Gbaru ogwu gi ñuo o.
Re: Same-sex Marriage Bill Is Irrevocable – David Mark by OlaPhils(m): 9:34am On Dec 05, 2011
GagaBoy:

Nigerians and their primitive minds. Lol,  See you guys applauding him for violation of human rights while they are lots of problem this country is facing e.g Terrorism and Even ASSU is on strike. There's no way we are going to move foward if all our leader does is push aside our most pressing issues and start delibrating over issues that is irrelevant to our nation's development. And to use religion and morality to defend the bill is the biggest insult to us and God. If they want to ban same sex, they shuld also ban fornication, adultry,  Insulting our brothers and other sins to. Its only fair. AND I WOULD ADVISE ALL THE AMBASADORS AND DELEGATES TO LEAVE O. NIGERIA IS NOT SAFE. ME SEF DEY GO SWEDEN NEXT YEAR
GAYBOY, u can go to hell if u wish. David Mark has spoken , if them like let them remove there embassy , or go to hell. Nigerians will never stick to ur useless human right that will distroy her good citizen. u think say abroad better pass Nigeria
Re: Same-sex Marriage Bill Is Irrevocable – David Mark by Ruq: 9:55am On Dec 05, 2011
Ola Phils:

GAYBOY, u can go to hell if u wish. David Mark has spoken , if them like let them remove there embassy , or go to hell. Nigerians will never stick to your useless human right that will distroy her good citizen. u think say abroad better pass Nigeria

So because Nigeria didn't sign the bill means we are better than other countries?

Gagboy is right wat about prostitution,fornication and others? Why dont they sign the fuckin deal and leave them to God to judge.
Re: Same-sex Marriage Bill Is Irrevocable – David Mark by saintohia: 10:52am On Dec 05, 2011
Damn foreign aid 4 same sex marriage. Is it really aid or debt?

Same sex marriage was the ONLY reason God destroyed Sodom.
Re: Same-sex Marriage Bill Is Irrevocable – David Mark by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 05, 2011
One of the reasons why i admire Mark is that he is never afraid to speak his mind to whoever and in wherever.He is indeed, a courageous leader.
Re: Same-sex Marriage Bill Is Irrevocable – David Mark by WinkWrld: 11:13am On Dec 05, 2011
Everyone has a choice of Lifestyle. Respect Human Rights. David Mark's bill is his and his followers opinion. Who are we to Judge? What if man-lover happens not to be as condemable as we think? Lets preach Love and focus on the Ten-Commandments.  What if we have to presecute every moral mishaps, i'm sure many of us would have been citizens of kiri-kiri. Because polygammy, fornication, adultry, stealing and even killing would demand jail terms. Take thhe Story of Jesus and the adultree woman. what did Jesus do? If He actually condemned the woman,, lets go ahead and condemn these people. Better still, Lets leave judgement to Whom deserves esp in cases of morality because we all are not worthy, we May judge on other social evils that affect our security. Just my opinion guys smiley
Re: Same-sex Marriage Bill Is Irrevocable – David Mark by bestonic: 11:18am On Dec 05, 2011
The only time I ever see Nigeria gets anything done is when the laws deals with morality issue. They are quick to vote on a morality issue because Nigeria is a deeply religious country, but talks of economy, infrastruture, corruption, we don't see such quick action. Imagine if Nigeria work towards targeting issues like these the way they want to regulate people intimate activities, I swear we won't be a third world country. I disagree with the vote, but I understand Nigeria is an independent country and they can what they want. I still find this whole thing bizzare. religion sha.

I swear Nigerians are hypocrites with the corruption, scams, 419, drug dealing, polygamy, aristo babes, adultery fornication, etc now Nigeria want to be the moral police? LMAO and tout some useless Nigerian values. Abeg, what are Nigerian values? HYPOCRITESSSSSSSS!

Sometimes, I wonder why Nigeria is a poor country and behind despite having so many intelligent people. I am starting to think it is because of our hypocritical nature. God doesn't like hypocrites.

As long as Nigerians always believe Westerners are always right, we will continue to loom in our country.
And for the records folks: its Britain that actually corrupted us during their colonial era, now they label us  'deeply religious and hypocritical'. I tell you, if we don't check mate their antics now,they will re-colonize us again. They are the real corrupt who are ready to continue giving "aides" to forment more troubles through their HUMAN RIGHT demons
Re: Same-sex Marriage Bill Is Irrevocable – David Mark by Kay1kay1(m): 11:34am On Dec 05, 2011
All hail the 'super-efficient' Nigerian Senate. . .  Hyper-Confused-Deteriorating Hypeocrazy. I wish the same speed could have been applied to roads, water and electricity. Tell those countries giving aid with (all their ulterior motives) not to bother issuing you senators their visas as well.  cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

LIVE!!! Israeli Citizens From Jerusalem Are In Owerri With Nnamdi Kanu (video) / Uche Secondus Files ₦5 Billion Libel Case Against Afegbua / Plateau: Ex Mangu LG Workers Vow To Work Against PDP's Candidate, Caleb Mutfwang

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.