Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,953 members, 7,835,181 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

OFFICIAL: Messi, Ronaldo & Van Dijk Shortlisted For 2018-19 UEFA Men's POTY - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / OFFICIAL: Messi, Ronaldo & Van Dijk Shortlisted For 2018-19 UEFA Men's POTY (14556 Views)

Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations / Okocha: Missing Out On CAF POTY Award My Biggest Regret / Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OFFICIAL: Messi, Ronaldo & Van Dijk Shortlisted For 2018-19 UEFA Men's POTY by BroadStreetBull(m): 7:04pm On Aug 15, 2019
blowjohn:

Telling u! That comeback was ridiculous!.
Well, Ronaldo scoring all the 3 goals was what made it ridiculous, just in case some people start mentioning the Liverpool and Tottenham comebacks too.
One goal barely crossed the line they had to use VAR to check whether it crossed.

One was a penalty goal.

Is that what you call ridiculous?

You nor dey shame.
Re: OFFICIAL: Messi, Ronaldo & Van Dijk Shortlisted For 2018-19 UEFA Men's POTY by BroadStreetBull(m): 7:07pm On Aug 15, 2019
The shortlist should be Van Dijk, Messi and Mane.

Ronaldo has no business in this list.

He's only here because fans voted for 25 percent of the votes.

And as usual his stupid fans voted him.

2 Likes

Re: OFFICIAL: Messi, Ronaldo & Van Dijk Shortlisted For 2018-19 UEFA Men's POTY by OgaPredict(m): 7:13pm On Aug 15, 2019
FREE bet9ja betting code for this weekend.

Z5BGK368

Bet and thank me later.
Happy weekend
Re: OFFICIAL: Messi, Ronaldo & Van Dijk Shortlisted For 2018-19 UEFA Men's POTY by Belawy(m): 7:18pm On Aug 15, 2019
Is for Ronaldo
Re: OFFICIAL: Messi, Ronaldo & Van Dijk Shortlisted For 2018-19 UEFA Men's POTY by mystical109(m): 7:19pm On Aug 15, 2019
hulk616:
fake Ronaldo fan.
Messi can't score a goal to save Barcelona. Or win something with Argentina.
But Ronaldo did it all
Hala Ronaldo , Ronaldo for the award
CR7 did it all my brother especially scoring the goal that eliminated Ajax. Bro this is an individual award and not a team award. Without telling lies to the world, Messi was the best player last season with a wide margin. If it's by team trophy then Hazard also has a claim to the crown. Cr7 won the balloon d'or in 2013 despite not playing in the champions league final

2 Likes

Re: OFFICIAL: Messi, Ronaldo & Van Dijk Shortlisted For 2018-19 UEFA Men's POTY by cuteralph101(m): 7:36pm On Aug 15, 2019
obembet:

Hope this helps

Re: OFFICIAL: Messi, Ronaldo & Van Dijk Shortlisted For 2018-19 UEFA Men's POTY by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 15, 2019
I can see the trend has not changed, the first in the three man short list is always the winner.
Based on the three man short list
1st...Messi
2nd...Ronaldo
3rd...Virgil Van Dijk.
Check the previous uefa best three man short list in 2018, 2017 and confirm it. The first person has always been the scorer of highest points/votes. Its never according to the alphabetical order as they claimed.
Messi has won it.
It would shock Liverpool fans that C7r was voted ahead of VVD.
Re: OFFICIAL: Messi, Ronaldo & Van Dijk Shortlisted For 2018-19 UEFA Men's POTY by Iphran6: 8:12pm On Aug 15, 2019
Messi for the win
Re: OFFICIAL: Messi, Ronaldo & Van Dijk Shortlisted For 2018-19 UEFA Men's POTY by Blabbermouth: 9:41pm On Aug 15, 2019
Beverlyjean:

Messi fans are already shaking cos Ronaldo is on the list... That's y they hv been fighting for him not to b included
Milady, I agree Ronaldo deserves it. He deserves the.....

Marketing d'or
and the "Market man of the year" Awards.

1 Like

Re: OFFICIAL: Messi, Ronaldo & Van Dijk Shortlisted For 2018-19 UEFA Men's POTY by Jokerman(m): 10:13pm On Aug 15, 2019
BroadStreetBull:

Are you insecure??

1 Like

Re: OFFICIAL: Messi, Ronaldo & Van Dijk Shortlisted For 2018-19 UEFA Men's POTY by Blabbermouth: 10:18pm On Aug 15, 2019
Jokerman:

Are you insecure??
I am with you on this bro, Ronaldo deserves the MARKETING D'OR award.
Re: OFFICIAL: Messi, Ronaldo & Van Dijk Shortlisted For 2018-19 UEFA Men's POTY by Jokerman(m): 10:27pm On Aug 15, 2019
Blabbermouth:

I am with you on this bro, Ronaldo deserves the MARKETING D'OR award.

What did Messi win last season that Ronaldo didn't??

1 Like

Re: OFFICIAL: Messi, Ronaldo & Van Dijk Shortlisted For 2018-19 UEFA Men's POTY by specialJosh(m): 10:37pm On Aug 15, 2019
CR7 _ First
LM10_ second
Virgil_ third

���
Re: OFFICIAL: Messi, Ronaldo & Van Dijk Shortlisted For 2018-19 UEFA Men's POTY by Blabbermouth: 10:55pm On Aug 15, 2019
Jokerman:

What did Messi win last season that Ronaldo didn't??
Has it come to this?? European Golden boot UCL golden boot Chillax bro, Nairaland has a lot of Cr7 wailers to console Ronaldo with a LIKE D'OR
Re: OFFICIAL: Messi, Ronaldo & Van Dijk Shortlisted For 2018-19 UEFA Men's POTY by Slynation(m): 11:17pm On Aug 15, 2019
BabaIbo:

I'm a Liverpool fan but Mane has no business there, the title is between Van Dijk and C. Ronaldo... UEFA UCL, UEFA Nation League are in between these guys, the league Ronaldo won with Juve canceled out Messi's league, Van Dijk is runner-up in UEFA Nation League.
Be sincere with yourself.
P.S- Allison stands a better chance than Mane
This one don't even have sense....., u called urself a Liverpool fan, yet u said Mane don't have any business there?? For real?? Mane even had a better season than Cr7, it's crystal clear to everyone, u even forget that he's also an AFCON finalists, Yet u placed that common ordinary friendly matches that later changed to UEFA nations league ahead of that just to favor CR7 who played only 2 matches in all....Oboy gerrout abeg u nobi Liverpool fan!!
Re: OFFICIAL: Messi, Ronaldo & Van Dijk Shortlisted For 2018-19 UEFA Men's POTY by JayGraphics(m): 11:40pm On Aug 15, 2019
Rinaldo won UEFA national league.
Or have you all forgotten its part of Uefa trophies

samisj4real:
Why is Ronaldo there & not Bernardo Silva

1 Like

Re: OFFICIAL: Messi, Ronaldo & Van Dijk Shortlisted For 2018-19 UEFA Men's POTY by chiboy1116: 11:42pm On Aug 15, 2019
MachadoPreto:

You have headache.

And the one complaining about football pitch and later complained about corruption is worthy to be there abi
I think Ur the one with chronic headache, grin Messi was the highest goal scorer in UCL and had more man of the match awards than any player .
Re: OFFICIAL: Messi, Ronaldo & Van Dijk Shortlisted For 2018-19 UEFA Men's POTY by sunkieisland(m): 12:24am On Aug 16, 2019
dewhaley:
If Modric could win the Uefa Poty last year, I wouldn't be suprised to see Ronaldo win it this year... Though Messi Deserves it.
Cr7 Fan btw
The award is UEFA based. Please enlighten us how Messi deserves it. He didn't win any UEFA trophy last season, the others won.

It's definitely a two-horse race.

Cr7 vs Virgil

1 Like

Re: OFFICIAL: Messi, Ronaldo & Van Dijk Shortlisted For 2018-19 UEFA Men's POTY by BabaIbo: 1:08am On Aug 16, 2019
Slynation:

This one don't even have sense....., u called urself a Liverpool fan, yet u said Mane don't have any business there?? For real?? Mane even had a better season than Cr7, it's crystal clear to everyone, u even forget that he's also an AFCON finalists, Yet u placed that common ordinary friendly matches that later changed to UEFA nations league ahead of that just to favor CR7 who played only 2 matches in all....Oboy gerrout abeg u nobi Liverpool fan!!

Bleep off, you're senseless for the insults....

Is VVD not a Liverpool player, what about Allison that made the fourth spot, Allison won CopaAmerica and Mane only came 2nd with his country, are you OK at all?
From the voting partern the OP posted, Allison came before Mane, who is Mane to be nominated as Liverpool main performer for last season, is it Liverpool's defense or attack that was outstanding last season... Mane and Salah went off at some points last season when they were needed and it cost Liverpool fc the league.
I don't need your acknowledgement, I'm a Liverpool fan even before you started watching football (judging from your level of reasoning).
So because Mane na Liverpool player make I no get my own choice abi.
You don't deserve any further reply from me, a simple check on my profile will shoe you that I'm a Liverpool fan.

And again this award is UEFA based award, what's the business with AFCON, see brother, brother wey no wise.
Re: OFFICIAL: Messi, Ronaldo & Van Dijk Shortlisted For 2018-19 UEFA Men's POTY by Oritsewhandey(m): 6:24am On Aug 16, 2019
Horlartunes:
Ronaldo
My point goes to the lone soccer bulldozer.
Ronaldo.
Re: OFFICIAL: Messi, Ronaldo & Van Dijk Shortlisted For 2018-19 UEFA Men's POTY by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:02am On Aug 16, 2019
samisj4real:
Why is Ronaldo there & not Bernardo Silva
what did Silva do u see am for top ten
Re: OFFICIAL: Messi, Ronaldo & Van Dijk Shortlisted For 2018-19 UEFA Men's POTY by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:10am On Aug 16, 2019
BabaIbo:

I'm a Liverpool fan but mane has no business there, the title is between Van Dijk and C. Ronaldo... UEFA UCL, UEFA Nation League are in between these guys, the league Ronaldo won with Juve canceled out Messi's league, Van Dijk is runner-up in UEFA Nation League.
even with the points Allison got ahead of Mane they are still shouting.... VVD should win this one definitely
Re: OFFICIAL: Messi, Ronaldo & Van Dijk Shortlisted For 2018-19 UEFA Men's POTY by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:17am On Aug 16, 2019
BroadStreetBull:

you get sense at all...coaches and journalist selected them you de call fans this is the objective one more than FIFA self...VVD winning it ll be ok....
Re: OFFICIAL: Messi, Ronaldo & Van Dijk Shortlisted For 2018-19 UEFA Men's POTY by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 16, 2019
BabaIbo:

I'm a Liverpool fan but mane has no business there, the title is between Van Dijk and C. Ronaldo... UEFA UCL, UEFA Nation League are in between these guys, *the league Ronaldo won with Juve canceled out Messi's league*, Van Dijk is runner-up in UEFA Nation League.
If the league Ronaldo won with Juve canceled out Messi's league, what about Messi's
...Golden boot
....Top Uefa goals
......Most MOTM
........Most assists
Bros get sense nah. Na abeg I dey beg
Re: OFFICIAL: Messi, Ronaldo & Van Dijk Shortlisted For 2018-19 UEFA Men's POTY by BroadStreetBull(m): 8:58am On Aug 16, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
you get sense at all...coaches and journalist selected them you de call fans this is the objective one more than FIFA self...VVD winning it ll be ok....
Ignorance should never be accepted as an excuse for foolishness.

Coaches 25 percent
Captains 25 percent
Journalists 25 percent
Fans 25 percent

Stop advertising ignorance please.
Re: OFFICIAL: Messi, Ronaldo & Van Dijk Shortlisted For 2018-19 UEFA Men's POTY by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:52am On Aug 16, 2019
BroadStreetBull:
Ignorance should never be accepted as an excuse for foolishness.

Coaches 25 percent
Captains 25 percent
Journalists 25 percent
Fans 25 percent

Stop advertising ignorance please.
that's for FIFA oga this is UEFA u are the one advertising ignorance with no one to tel u
Re: OFFICIAL: Messi, Ronaldo & Van Dijk Shortlisted For 2018-19 UEFA Men's POTY by BabaIbo: 9:14pm On Aug 16, 2019
Dvin:

If the league Ronaldo won with Juve canceled out Messi's league, what about Messi's
...Golden boot
....Top Uefa goals
......Most MOTM
........Most assists
Bros get sense nah. Na abeg I dey beg

Na you no wan get sense, what about Ronaldo's serie a player of the season, what about Ronaldo's Uefa nations league
Re: OFFICIAL: Messi, Ronaldo & Van Dijk Shortlisted For 2018-19 UEFA Men's POTY by lolinglong(m): 7:03am On Aug 17, 2019
C. Ronaldo for the Award
Re: OFFICIAL: Messi, Ronaldo & Van Dijk Shortlisted For 2018-19 UEFA Men's POTY by BabaIbo: 11:59am On Aug 17, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
even with the points Allison got ahead of Mane they are still shouting.... VVD should win this one definitely

Don't mind them o
Re: OFFICIAL: Messi, Ronaldo & Van Dijk Shortlisted For 2018-19 UEFA Men's POTY by samisj4real(m): 8:34am On Aug 20, 2019
JayGraphics:
Rinaldo won UEFA national league.
Or have you all forgotten its part of Uefa trophies

Bernado Silva plays for Jamaica na.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tottenham Beat Chelsea On Penalties To Progress In League Cup / Rank The Top 5 Nigerian Footballers Of All Time!! / Bursaspor SK Signs Shehu Abdullahi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.