Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,805 members, 7,810,098 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

Neymar Willing To Take £13.7m Pay Cut In Order To Rejoin Barca - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Neymar Willing To Take £13.7m Pay Cut In Order To Rejoin Barca (16903 Views)

Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United / Man Utd Cut Down Pogba's Asking Price In Order To Offload Him / Odion Ighalo: I Took Pay Cut To Secure Manchester United Move (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Neymar Willing To Take £13.7m Pay Cut In Order To Rejoin Barca by ogbiwa: 4:52am On Aug 16, 2019
Neymar would be willing to take a pay cut of 15 million euros (£13.7m) to rejoin Barcelona from Paris St-Germain, says BBC Radio 5 Live's Guillem Balague.

The Spanish giants are believed to have made several offers for the Brazil international, including one of 100m euros (£92.4m) plus Philippe Coutinho.

However, those bids have been rejected with PSG holding out for more money.

"The player is happy to reduce his wages from 38 million euros net to 23 million euros net," said Balague.

"It is an interesting situation at Barcelona. They feel they have to try really hard to get him back.

"Lionel Messi, Gerard Pique and Luis Suarez want him back but also the president Josep Maria Bartomeu has two more years in his mandate and he wants to leave a big legacy. Can you imagine all those players that have been mentioned and Neymar as well?"

Neymar is currently training alone at PSG, although that is understood to be part of a scheduled programme rather than related to the transfer saga.

Real Madrid have also put forward a deal that includes money as well as Gareth Bale and James Rodriguez but, like Barcelona's bid, that has been rejected.

'Neymar belongs to PSG and we'll see what happens'

Barca boss Ernesto Valverde was non-committal when asked about Neymar in a news conference previewing Friday's La Liga opener between the defending champions and Athletic Bilbao.

Valverde lamented the fact the transfer window does not close until 2 September and insisted he was "very happy with the squad".

"It's inconvenient and it's not logical," he said about the transfer window.

"The normal thing would be that the team you start with is the same one that will compete for the whole season.

"Now we have two weeks until the transfer window shuts and you can't breathe easily until then. I'm very happy with the squad I have at the moment but I don't know what will happen next.

"Neymar belongs to PSG and we'll see what happens but I can't say anything more about him."

Messi to miss season opener
Messi scored 51 goals in 50 appearances for Barcelona in all competitions in 2018-19 but will miss the start of this season because of a calf injury.

The Argentina international has not trained ahead of Friday's game at San Mames and Valverde said: "We are not going to take risks with any player, even less with Leo.

"He hasn't trained or played with the team. We will wait a while but his recovery process is going well."

Friday's game will be broadcast on ITV after the broadcaster agreed a continuation of their La Liga partnership to screen the Spanish top flight on terrestrial TV this season.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49363124

1 Like

Re: Neymar Willing To Take £13.7m Pay Cut In Order To Rejoin Barca by Kingosytex(m): 5:41am On Aug 16, 2019
Starboy Ney, this guy na baller and i so much like his style of play.

Ney is an extremely blessed child, he is a pure definition of grace. He really messed up by stepping down from Barca to Psg, he would have stepped up to Real Madrid.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Neymar Willing To Take £13.7m Pay Cut In Order To Rejoin Barca by Kingosytex(m): 5:46am On Aug 16, 2019
logon599:
I must confess that a Barca frontline of Messi, Griezmann and Neymar, with a backup of Suarez, Dembele and Malcolm, is a tantalizing prospect. I'm not too sure they have adequate cover in midfield and defence neither am I convinced that they have an adequate coach, but that frontline has the potential to strike fear into any opposition defence.

Malcom is no longer a Barca player.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Neymar Willing To Take £13.7m Pay Cut In Order To Rejoin Barca by realestniggah: 6:00am On Aug 16, 2019
Why are Barcelona board being this stupid.. Why pay so much for a drama queen like neymar.. When they can easily have mbappe who is much better and level headed with as much star power..

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Neymar Willing To Take £13.7m Pay Cut In Order To Rejoin Barca by RockHard: 6:01am On Aug 16, 2019
Neymar is appearing more and more to lack focus. The guy is confused. Such a waste of talent and potential. Smh.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Neymar Willing To Take £13.7m Pay Cut In Order To Rejoin Barca by Memberclub(m): 6:02am On Aug 16, 2019
Ronaldo took a pay rise to join juventus.

New challenge indeed lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: Neymar Willing To Take £13.7m Pay Cut In Order To Rejoin Barca by arantess: 6:02am On Aug 16, 2019
This guy sef
Re: Neymar Willing To Take £13.7m Pay Cut In Order To Rejoin Barca by Nobody: 6:03am On Aug 16, 2019
I would leave PSG too with those injuries.
Re: Neymar Willing To Take £13.7m Pay Cut In Order To Rejoin Barca by Nobody: 6:03am On Aug 16, 2019
Let him know what he is doing.

We open Verified WeChat and Alipay wallet.

1 Like

Re: Neymar Willing To Take £13.7m Pay Cut In Order To Rejoin Barca by otabuko(m): 6:05am On Aug 16, 2019
Pride they say comes before fall.
Re: Neymar Willing To Take £13.7m Pay Cut In Order To Rejoin Barca by ominilongest(m): 6:05am On Aug 16, 2019
realestniggah:
Why are Barcelona board being this stupid.. Why pay so much for a drama queen like neymar.. When they can easily have mbappe who is much better and level headed with as much star power..
Wetin person no go c on nairaland
Mbappe better pass Neymar?!
Joker! angry

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Neymar Willing To Take £13.7m Pay Cut In Order To Rejoin Barca by ManspaceBarber(m): 6:05am On Aug 16, 2019
This life! What would happen if one has the power to see the future? Neymar, I wish you good luck.

Barça and PSG fans, have you gotten the 2019/20 jersey? I have good deals on it.

Re: Neymar Willing To Take £13.7m Pay Cut In Order To Rejoin Barca by gurunlocker: 6:05am On Aug 16, 2019
Ashawo Neymar!

I don't know why they want him back despite all he did before leaving... He will cause problem for the team.
Re: Neymar Willing To Take £13.7m Pay Cut In Order To Rejoin Barca by phollybee(m): 6:08am On Aug 16, 2019
Greedy player,,, I even thought he went to PSG to make a name, and by now to stand out to that level of Messi and Ronaldo, and to also competing for Ballon d'or award, even with the way he falls like wall of Jericho on the Field.. Eyes yaf clear

9 Likes

Re: Neymar Willing To Take £13.7m Pay Cut In Order To Rejoin Barca by sirpompey(m): 6:12am On Aug 16, 2019
Malcolm has gone to zenith st Petersburg for your info
Re: Neymar Willing To Take £13.7m Pay Cut In Order To Rejoin Barca by dapsoneh: 6:14am On Aug 16, 2019
LIFE MUST BE REALLY FRUSTRATING AT PSG TO TAKE THAT PAYCUT
MAYBE HE WAS NOT SUPPORTED DURING HIS RAPE SAGA

1 Like

Re: Neymar Willing To Take £13.7m Pay Cut In Order To Rejoin Barca by Isoduwa(m): 6:15am On Aug 16, 2019
otabuko:
Pride they say comes before fall.

Rich people are not afraid to fail big
Re: Neymar Willing To Take £13.7m Pay Cut In Order To Rejoin Barca by domino4211(m): 6:18am On Aug 16, 2019
Let him take it and quit being a sissy..
Welcome back in advance Messi jnr..
Re: Neymar Willing To Take £13.7m Pay Cut In Order To Rejoin Barca by kenzysmith: 6:21am On Aug 16, 2019
My guy wan die follow world best that is gud for his career if na nigerian players them they pay that salary 4 psg na there he go die put. Buh the same neymar force is way out of spain hazard is praying day and night he shouldnt move to madrid, surez also doing the same thing at barca in their minds.

1 Like

Re: Neymar Willing To Take £13.7m Pay Cut In Order To Rejoin Barca by money121(m): 6:22am On Aug 16, 2019
Ok
Re: Neymar Willing To Take £13.7m Pay Cut In Order To Rejoin Barca by BroadStreetBull(m): 6:26am On Aug 16, 2019
Pay cut of 15 million Euros?

How much com remain?

Seems the guy is truly repentant.

As a barca fan, the board should give him a second chance.

Everybody deserves a second chance.

Besides Neymar is potentially the best player in the world after Messi and Ronaldo.

2 Likes

Re: Neymar Willing To Take £13.7m Pay Cut In Order To Rejoin Barca by martineverest(m): 6:27am On Aug 16, 2019
I don't really know why I don't like this guy....even tho I'm a barca fan.tgis guy is unrepentant.he will divide Barca's dressing room the clueless valverde and bartomeu are trying to sign neymar cos of upcoming elections

4 Likes

Re: Neymar Willing To Take £13.7m Pay Cut In Order To Rejoin Barca by geedot: 6:27am On Aug 16, 2019
Neymar is among the top 2 most marketable player, so Barça are not just going all out because of his footballing prowess, but also for the financial aspect too.
And y'all condemning Neymar, please mention any player currently aged 27 and below that has scored over 350 goals( Neymar has scored above this).
Re: Neymar Willing To Take £13.7m Pay Cut In Order To Rejoin Barca by olatade(m): 6:28am On Aug 16, 2019
dude is confused. he doesn't know what he wants

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Enyimba Stoned During Training In Tunisia (CAF Champions League) / 60goals Soccer Stars Project Holds Massive Screening, 536 Players Participated / List Of African Players Who Represented European Countries At EURO 2016.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.