Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,125 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Please I Need Help On How To Get Pre-paid Meters In Lagos - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please I Need Help On How To Get Pre-paid Meters In Lagos (4694 Views)

Pre Paid Meter Showing Error Message / HACK Your Pre-paid Meter Now / Please I Need Help On How To Manage A Child With Ss Gene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Help On How To Get Pre-paid Meters In Lagos by hakinze00(m): 9:42am On Aug 16, 2019
I really need help on how to get a pre-paid meter in Lagos. Ikeja Electric (IKEDC) want to finish with high NEPA bills, they bring as much as 15-20k monthly for a 2bedroom flat. Where I stay at before I use 10k on my prepaid meter for 2months or more conveniently but I relocated to this my new place early year and this High NEPA bills have been eating a lot from my income. I have complained to NEPA Office frequently for months now and still no changes. I have spoken with my Landlord, he has agreed that I should get a prepaid meter and when next I am to pay my rent I should deduct it. So please if you got a prepaid meter or contact of someone who can help, please help me out with the process on how to get it and how long it takes and also the cost. Thanks.

If this is the wrong section for this mods can help me move it to the right section thanks.

cc: lalasticlala
Re: Please I Need Help On How To Get Pre-paid Meters In Lagos by drmikeadams(m): 10:44pm On Aug 16, 2019
hakinze00:
I really need help on how to get a pre-paid meter in Lagos. Ikeja Electric (IKEDC) want to finish with high NEPA bills, they bring as much as 15-20k monthly for a 2bedroom flat. Where I stay at before I use 10k on my prepaid meter for 2months or more conveniently but I relocated to this my new place early year and this High NEPA bills have been eating a lot from my income. I have complained to NEPA Office frequently for months now and still no changes. I have spoken with my Landlord, he has agreed that I should get a prepaid meter and when next I am to pay my rent I should deduct it. So please if you got a prepaid meter or contact of someone who can help, please help me out with the process on how to get it and how long it takes and also the cost. Thanks.

If this is the wrong section for this mods can help me move it to the right section thanks.

i get one for d sale,,e cost o

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help On How To Get Pre-paid Meters In Lagos by hakinze00(m): 11:30pm On Aug 16, 2019
drmikeadams:
how much is it?
Re: Please I Need Help On How To Get Pre-paid Meters In Lagos by goodnija: 11:32pm On Aug 16, 2019
DM privately
Re: Please I Need Help On How To Get Pre-paid Meters In Lagos by miib: 2:26am On Aug 17, 2019
I beg oo, I need one too ooo. same things applies to me.
Re: Please I Need Help On How To Get Pre-paid Meters In Lagos by Victornezzar: 10:23am On Aug 17, 2019
drmikeadams:
Op ignore this

Buy directly from Ikedc......You might be prosecuted if u don't do it in a direct way

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Help On How To Get Pre-paid Meters In Lagos by hakinze00(m): 10:42am On Aug 17, 2019
Victornezzar:

Op ignore this

Buy directly from Ikedc......You might be prosecuted if u don't do it in a direct way
Ok noted
Re: Please I Need Help On How To Get Pre-paid Meters In Lagos by Marshiro(m): 6:16pm On Aug 17, 2019
hakinze00:

Visit map.ikejaelectric.com to apply for a prepaid meter, but u will need to apply with the account number on your existing electric bill. For more details, you can visit ikeja electric website
Re: Please I Need Help On How To Get Pre-paid Meters In Lagos by felixmuyiwa: 9:49pm On Aug 17, 2019
Maybe your location is commercial area. That is why they billing u like that
Re: Please I Need Help On How To Get Pre-paid Meters In Lagos by hakinze00(m): 5:42am On Aug 18, 2019
felixmuyiwa:
Maybe your location is commercial area. That is why they billing u like that
Not really there are few offices around tho, I think the NEPA officials are just lazy to come and read the meters. They bring as much as 25-40k monthly for my Landlord 4bedroom flat and he doesn't seem to be bother with it that's why he didn't see it necessary to get prepaid meters before I came.
Re: Please I Need Help On How To Get Pre-paid Meters In Lagos by topsyboy: 8:00pm On Aug 18, 2019
pls am applying for prepaid meter on EKEDP. ,website and am sock at this junction ,, to be fill by lincenced electrical contractor

Re: Please I Need Help On How To Get Pre-paid Meters In Lagos by StrikeBack(m): 8:31pm On Aug 18, 2019
Op disconnect totally and see them rush you with prepaid meter.

Tell them you are not interested with their "light"
Re: Please I Need Help On How To Get Pre-paid Meters In Lagos by topsyboy: 7:50am On Aug 19, 2019
StrikeBack:
Op disconnect totally and see them rush you with prepaid meter.

Tell them you are not interested with their "light"

not in this my areal oooh them no go answer you ,, a man in my street has been disconnected since last year March till date he refuse to connect and they still serve him Bill's despite written different letter to stop the bill,,, me I just dey broke to dey pay that excessive amount
Re: Please I Need Help On How To Get Pre-paid Meters In Lagos by lawrenzo007(m): 10:59pm On Aug 25, 2019
hakinze00:

I can help you with the registration for a token... n u will get it within a month
Re: Please I Need Help On How To Get Pre-paid Meters In Lagos by ThothHermes: 11:48pm On Aug 25, 2019
lawrenzo007:

I can help you with the registration for a token... n u will get it within a month
Is there not supposed to be a pattern for collecting the meters?

How come you can get it "for a fee"?

The problem with Nigeria is Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Help On How To Get Pre-paid Meters In Lagos by hakinze00(m): 6:45am On Aug 26, 2019
lawrenzo007:

well I decided to take the advice of someone up there to go through NEPA officials and I have done that days ago and they said the next few months I will get it

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help On How To Get Pre-paid Meters In Lagos by StPete: 5:27pm On Aug 26, 2019
hakinze00:
well I decided to take the advice of someone up there to go through NEPA officials and I have done that days ago and they said the next few months I will get it

Please how much did you pay and what’s the procedure?
Re: Please I Need Help On How To Get Pre-paid Meters In Lagos by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 26, 2019
hakinze00:

Meter Asset Provider MAP scheme is presently going on. Enter one of their offices and request to obtain a meter under MAP. They shouldn't take 15 working days before your meter is installed. Hold about 40k for a single phase meter. Thank God you have an existing account.
Re: Please I Need Help On How To Get Pre-paid Meters In Lagos by hakinze00(m): 7:26pm On Aug 30, 2019
StPete:

Please how much did you pay and what’s the procedure?
Sorry I replied late.. Well they asked me to pay the full bill owed with an extra 30k, after that I was asked to fill some forms so it will take like 4-6months before getting it, but if I want it faster like in less than a month I will have to pay for the express which is much more but I didn't ask how much because I filled for the other option that will take months... Now I am even trying to reconsider my option because that 4-6months of waiting dey will still keep on bring the normal high bills.

But I heard from a friend that has a prepaid already,he said that after they bring the prepaid meter, they take the formal meter away and also I will pay like 60k or so to have them connect it... But so far the NEPA officials haven't said anything about that. They also said I should keep on reminding them monthly. So far I have spent just 30k to process it.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help On How To Get Pre-paid Meters In Lagos by LadySarah: 7:59pm On Aug 30, 2019
hakinze00:
Sorry I replied late.. Well they asked me to pay the full bill owed with an extra 30k, after that I was asked to fill some forms so it will take like 4-6months before getting it, but if I want it faster like in less than a month I will have to pay for the express which is much more but I didn't ask how much because I filled for the other option that will take months... Now I am even trying to reconsider my option because that 4-6months of waiting dey will still keep on bring the normal high bills.

But I heard from a friend that has a prepaid already,he said that after they bring the prepaid meter, they take the formal meter away and also I will pay like 60k or so to have them connect it... But so far the NEPA officials haven't said anything about that. They also said I should keep on reminding them monthly. So far I have spent just 30k to process it.

Unfortunately You have entered a long waiting period.Even themselves doesnt know when it will come.That 6 mths might reach 2 yrs. shocked
When they told You to be reminding them.Does itmean they Dont have list of Those that they have made payment?I also hope You were given a receipt.

The only day it will Come is when they start registering ur area.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help On How To Get Pre-paid Meters In Lagos by hakinze00(m): 12:25am On Aug 31, 2019
LadySarah:

Unfortunately You have entered a long waiting period.Even themselves doesnt know when it will come.That 6 mths might reach 2 yrs. shocked
When they told You to be reminding them.Does itmean they Dont have list of Those that they have made payment?I also hope You were given a receipt.

The only day it will Come is when they start registering ur area.
Lol like I said I am reconsidering doing that of express, All I was just waiting for is month end so by next week I will go to them to speed up the process at least they won't have an excuse then and yes I do have a document serving as an evidence of payment.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help On How To Get Pre-paid Meters In Lagos by Adeagbo001: 4:48am On Oct 15, 2021
Please if you applywith the landlords existing electricity bill, will the existing debt of the landlordreflect also on the new account?

Marshiro:

Visit map.ikejaelectric.com to apply for a prepaid meter, but u will need to apply with the account number on your existing electric bill. For more details, you can visit ikeja electric website
Re: Please I Need Help On How To Get Pre-paid Meters In Lagos by Adeagbo001: 4:49am On Oct 15, 2021
hakinze00:

Please how many months does it take you to get it eventually after opening of account and prepaid meter request?
Re: Please I Need Help On How To Get Pre-paid Meters In Lagos by Marshiro(m): 7:38am On Oct 16, 2021
Yes, the debt will be shared equally into the two accounts
Adeagbo001:
Please if you applywith the landlords existing electricity bill, will the existing debt of the landlordreflect also on the new account?

Re: Please I Need Help On How To Get Pre-paid Meters In Lagos by Homeyfav: 7:11am On Feb 07, 2022
jcbvdn

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Wife Mocked Husband Because He Doesn't Last In Bed. See What He Did To Her / "I Don't Know How Dad Got My Pretty Mum": Lady Shares Throwback Photo Of Parents / 7 Greatest And Common Mistake To Avoid In Your Marriage{my Personal Experience}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.