Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,781 members, 7,827,884 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Help Me To Make A Marital Decision - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help Me To Make A Marital Decision (2143 Views)

Our Culture Of Marital Pressure And Shaming People Isn't Good -twitter User / Pamela Adie: "Coming Out As A Lesbian Is The Best Decision I Ever Made" / 10 Realistic steps a lady should follow if she truly desires marital peace(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Me To Make A Marital Decision by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 16, 2019
Lol. Op please look for a man deserving of you, someone who will be there for you. You too young to live the way the USA irresponsible man is pushing your way.

1 Like

Re: Help Me To Make A Marital Decision by cooooooks(m): 5:45pm On Aug 16, 2019
If you need his provision and if he can provide US visa/citizenship, marry him.

Unless you have good prospects here in terms of career, business and marriage, marry him.

Verify his statements first though.

When you are a US citizen with a comfortable house and car and job/shop, nobody on Nairaland will say anything.

Bonne courage.
Re: Help Me To Make A Marital Decision by cooooooks(m): 5:46pm On Aug 16, 2019
You, will you choose US permanent residence over being single and broke in Nigeria?

AwkaetitiBabe:
Lol. Op please look for a man deserving of you, someone who will be there for you. You too young to live the way the USA irresponsible man is pushing your way.
Re: Help Me To Make A Marital Decision by Facelessforum: 5:46pm On Aug 16, 2019
Pinky111:

Amen thanks. I actually brought it up here after chatting up someone I consider a confidant. The advice he gave me is a bitter pill to swallow. He advised I get pregnant for him and bear him a child. That having children at this my age should be a priority. And I can always get married to a younger guy later in future.

Honestly speaking, he gave you a good advice.
Having a child (ren) should be your priority right now.
Cos age is really not on your side.
At this point, you may or may not see a husband to marry again.
So, get a child hanty.

No offense please
Re: Help Me To Make A Marital Decision by Pinky111: 7:10pm On Aug 16, 2019
LosC:
Hello Dear,

I know you want to live in the US but please don't jeopardize your future.
You're young but you need to be Bold.
See, that Papa needs a young blood and not a wife.

Don't ever make the mistake of allowing him into your life and don't collect any material stuff from him,but if you have been accepting money or other things, then you need to stop ASAP, so nothing will speak against you when you finally decline his request.

The devil is actually tempting you but don't fall. Yes, America is a Blessed land, but don't sell your destiny.

You'll find another decent and young African/Nigerian American if you can only make a request and pray to God about it. Tell God you need a good man from US and I'll be waiting for your TESTIMONY.

Don't marry for the future now but for the future later.

SHALOM LOVE.

Thank you ,you are appreciated.
Re: Help Me To Make A Marital Decision by Pinky111: 7:12pm On Aug 16, 2019
Facelessforum:

Honestly speaking, he gave you a good advice.
Having a child (ren) should be your priority right now.
Cos age is really not on your side.
At this point, you may or may not see a husband to marry again.
So, get a child hanty.

No offense please

You mean person we dem born 1986 no get hope for marriage again.. It's a painful world
Re: Help Me To Make A Marital Decision by Kingosytex(m): 8:17pm On Aug 16, 2019
Pinky111:

You mean person we dem born 1986 no get hope for marriage again.. It's a painful world

Its not true dear, i can assure you that there is much hope for you. You need a child actually but it is too early for you to panick at 33. You need the best and that old man isn't even good enough not to talk of being the best for you. I don't know why i am just bothered about this your post. Those advising you to marry that old divorcee are your enemies, don't heed that advise. They can give their girlfriends or sisters to the old man if they so much care.

There is hope for you. Don't accept that offer, i repeat for the very last time, don't accept that offer. Good night.
Re: Help Me To Make A Marital Decision by Useku(m): 8:40pm On Aug 16, 2019
[quote author=Pinky111 post=81303903]Pls friends I have a man coming for my hand in marriage- US base.

He was a two times divorcee and later came home in 2016 to marry the third who later joined him but the marriage is having issues.He has 4children in all from previous marriage
This man is telling me to have a child for him and possibly marry him that the children over there will never come back to Nigeria. He said he needs an indigenous wife and baby who are going to base in Nigeria until the child gets to 18. He is assuring of financial security and comfort.

He is in his early 70s and I'm 33. The age gap is much coupled with the fact that I don't love him. What should I do ,he is damn serious. On the other hand I'm considering my age. But truth be told I see him as a father figure and least expected the sudden demand for marriage.[/quote

Please don't marry him!

He only wants to use you to bear kids so his name doesn't go extinct!

He's selfish!

I know the only reason your considering him is kesh.

Just work hard and believe, you'd get someone better within your age bracket.

Your just 33 don't throw your future away my .dear.
believe in yourself, work hard,and get better.

Love will find you naturally.

1 Like

Re: Help Me To Make A Marital Decision by nicepoker101(m): 8:48pm On Aug 16, 2019
At 33 you are just like the continent of Antarctica. Everybody knows you are down there. But no one gives a damn. Gold digger grin
Re: Help Me To Make A Marital Decision by Pinky111: 8:54pm On Aug 16, 2019
Kingosytex:

Its not true dear, i can assure you that there is much hope for you. You need a child actually but it is too early for you to panick at 33. You need the best and that old man isn't even good enough not to talk of being the best for you. I don't know why i am just bothered about this your post. Those advising you to marry that old divorcee are your enemies, don't heed that advise. They can give their girlfriends or sisters to the old man if they so much care.

There is hope for you. Don't accept that offer, i repeat for the very last time, don't accept that offer. Good night.

I really appreciate your kind words.. I'm even ashamed to disclose this to my mum and siblings. I wonder how he want to correct his mistakes at 70s using me. If he needed indigenous home base wife , while wait till this time. I can't, the reason I put it up here for people's opinion and i'm happy with the positive reactions so far condemning such ugly intent. Thank you so much
Re: Help Me To Make A Marital Decision by Pinky111: 8:56pm On Aug 16, 2019
nicepoker101:
At 33 you are just like the continent of Antarctica. Everybody knows you are down there. But no one gives a damn. Gold digger grin

Thank you, if this is the only thing you ve got to say
Re: Help Me To Make A Marital Decision by Kingosytex(m): 8:59pm On Aug 16, 2019
Pinky111:

I really appreciate your kind words.. I'm even ashamed to disclose this to my mum and siblings. I wonder how he want to correct his mistakes at 70s using me. If he needed indigenous home base wife , while wait till this time. I can't, the reason I put it up here for people's opinion and i'm happy with the positive reactions so far condemning such ugly intent. Thank you so much

You are welcome dear. I wish you the very best. Good night!

1 Like

Re: Help Me To Make A Marital Decision by Pinky111: 8:59pm On Aug 16, 2019
[quote author=Useku post=81316823][/quote]

Thank you so much
Re: Help Me To Make A Marital Decision by HarryJinkai: 9:08pm On Aug 16, 2019
it's only slay queens turned Olosho that normally think this way....I know u must have turned down many Young men when. u were under 30, reason because they yet to make it.....even Baboo some will still marry provided the money is there....
Re: Help Me To Make A Marital Decision by Pinky111: 9:16pm On Aug 16, 2019
HarryJinkai:
it's only slay queens turned Olosho that normally think this way....I know u must have turned down many Young men when. u were under 30, reason because they yet to make it.....even Baboo some will still marry provided the money is there....

I have filtered the post and gotten the advice I really wanted. You're free to rant no problem. You don't speak ill of people when you don't know them.
Re: Help Me To Make A Marital Decision by Facelessforum: 9:46pm On Aug 16, 2019
Pinky111:

Smiles.
I didn't mean to hit a nerve.
The problem is, it's not as if you have a stable relationship yet. And you also didn't say if there are serious suitors asking you out. I just feel if you are in your thirties as a woman with a good job and no husband, having a child will not be a bad idea.
Truth is, your chances are slim, but it's still very, very much possible.

But what do I know?
Re: Help Me To Make A Marital Decision by nicepoker101(m): 11:01pm On Aug 16, 2019
Pinky111:

Thank you, if this is the only thing you ve got to say
Welcome. That's the only thing you deserve to hear. grin
Re: Help Me To Make A Marital Decision by Les: 11:32pm On Aug 16, 2019
I can only say, don't settle for less. You are higher than this love.

1 Like

Re: Help Me To Make A Marital Decision by frozen70(f): 1:40am On Aug 17, 2019
Pinky111:
Pls friends I have a man coming for my hand in marriage- US base.

He was a two times divorcee and later came home in 2016 to marry the third who later joined him but the marriage is having issues.He has 4children in all from previous marriage
This man is telling me to have a child for him and possibly marry him that the children over there will never come back to Nigeria. He said he needs an indigenous wife and baby who are going to base in Nigeria until the child gets to 18. He is assuring of financial security and comfort.

He is in his early 70s and I'm 33. The age gap is much coupled with the fact that I don't love him. What should I do ,he is damn serious. On the other hand I'm considering my age. But truth be told I see him as a father figure and least expected the sudden demand for marriage.

A 70yrs old man who can not keep four marriages ❓

Is it because he is abroad or you think at that age, you will be the one to keep his marriage ❓

Hmmmm, yes he can make any promise to you just to get his dream come through, but having a child for him and the child will remain in Nigeria until he is 18yrs,

What makes you think that at his age then he can fend for that child ❓

His children from his previous marriage, would have shared all he had and won't give a Bleep about you and your kids

Look he just need someone to take care of his old age because he has non to hold on to despite his past marriage

Left for me, you are considering him because he stays abroad assuming he stays in Nigeria, you won't even give him audience

Your family will just use you to train others

Marry your mate and grow old together

2 Likes

Re: Help Me To Make A Marital Decision by placeofallure(f): 2:44am On Aug 17, 2019
Pinky 1 1 1, you're 33 doesn't mean you are too old or consider yourself undesirable for men. My bossom friend was 40 last April. She will be getting married next Saturday to a brand new bachelor. Why I tell you all these is to affirm the fact that you're not too old to hook a man. Don't marry that ancestor!

One, He is a serial failure at making marriages work. You are not going to be any different from those other women.

Secondly, the age difference is much, about 40 years! Doesn't his wrinkled hands irritate you when he touches you? How well will he fare in the other room? Do you plan to cheat on him? There's nothing comparable to when your partner pounds you hard and you're both sweaty and spent.

Again, couples are supposed to live together barring any unavoidable circumstances like work, study or health related issues. Why will he want to keep you here and not there with him? He wants you and the kids to be here till 18? Who says he'll live till then? 70+18? Tomorrow is not promised anyone my friend. Then you start inheritance issues when you find the will doesn't exactly favour you and your kids. An older friend shared her story with me, it wasn't palatable at all. The other wife was controlling everything and everyone from abroad and she was totally shut out along with her twin girls.

Lastly, focus on what you can do for yourself. Forget about his money. You can achieve more when you work hard for yourself. Many men desire self sufficient women so discover your passion and work it. Good luck to you.

1 Like

Re: Help Me To Make A Marital Decision by FromZeroToHero(m): 3:38am On Aug 17, 2019
low self-esteem has dealt with you. I was 34 and my wife was 33 when we got married last year. so what makes you think that you can't get married to a younger guy instead of a 70years old grandpa.

1 Like

Re: Help Me To Make A Marital Decision by deewhydoski(m): 8:28am On Aug 17, 2019
I don't know why women are too desperate for marriage when they are above 30yrs of age..Op u want to commit yourself to something u will later regret. It is better to marry late and have a happy home than marry out of desperation and later regret it.

1 Like

Re: Help Me To Make A Marital Decision by Pinky111: 9:29am On Aug 17, 2019
Thank you all, I appreciate your kind words and wonderful advice
Re: Help Me To Make A Marital Decision by Useku(m): 1:49pm On Sep 08, 2021
R
Re: Help Me To Make A Marital Decision by romelady(f): 6:40pm On Sep 08, 2021
Useku:
Romelady,would you paste your WhatsApp contact, so we can talk

Just sent it to your mail
Re: Help Me To Make A Marital Decision by MufasaLion: 7:36pm On Sep 08, 2021
DenreleDave:
Another Regina in the making.

If u think that he will die before you and u will inherit his property, I'm glad to announce to dt you are wrong.

Good advice

If you love him, marry him and be prepared also to be a divorcee sooner or later

Bad advice

At 33, u sef don turn evening newspaper hence u r seeing 70 yrs old as an option for you. Wait, are young men of 35 to 40 not coming your way ni, how did u spend ur 23 to 30 years youthful age.

You can marry him and get a side guy incase d old man pack before u... Atleast u r still a young-evening newspaper

A 33 year old lady is not an evening newspaper.
Re: Help Me To Make A Marital Decision by MufasaLion: 7:40pm On Sep 08, 2021
Pinky111:

Hi, did you proceed to marrying the man? If you did, I hope your marriage has brought you blessings.

However, if you ain't married yet you must know that you can still find your true love and still get married if you want to. Don't be discouraged.
Re: Help Me To Make A Marital Decision by AutoChick4U(f): 7:47pm On Sep 08, 2021
MufasaLion:

Hi, did you proceed to marrying the man? If you did, I hope your marriage has brought you blessings.

However, if you ain't married yet you must know that you can still find your true love and still get married if you want to. Don't be discouraged.
Growing a conscience?
Re: Help Me To Make A Marital Decision by MufasaLion: 7:49pm On Sep 08, 2021
AutoChick4U:
Growing a conscience?

LMAO

You talking about me?
Re: Help Me To Make A Marital Decision by NelviusGrey(m): 7:51pm On Sep 08, 2021
Don't make a decision that'll haunt you for a whole lifetime

(1) (2) (Reply)

Natural Way To Get Flawless Skin / Is It A Sin To Have A Concubine? / What Is This Again? 2021 Just Started (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.