Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road (44231 Views)

Army Foils International Ammunition Smuggling Syndicate Heading To Anambra / How Evans Shot Vincent Obianuju, Young Shall Grow Motors Chairman – Police / Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by nairalanduseles: 11:37pm On Aug 16, 2019
Mightyhaiz:
That driver bam wella

Na u check am ?

1 Like

Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by donjahsy(m): 11:40pm On Aug 16, 2019
Oyerinde16:
That driver think say him get odeshi... Thank your stars bullet miss you... Awoon amateur robbers. Good he risked it n succeeded.
You sounded like an armed robber. Are you one?

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by anago40: 11:40pm On Aug 16, 2019
Oyerinde16:
That driver think say him get odeshi... Thank your stars bullet miss you... [b][/b]Awoon amateur robbers[b][/b]Good he risked it n succeeded.

Are you a professional robber?

16 Likes

Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by Nobody: 11:42pm On Aug 16, 2019
So u r promoting their mischief? God deliver u

Oyerinde16:
That driver think say him get odeshi... Thank your stars bullet miss you... Awoon amateur robbers. Good he risked it n succeeded.

11 Likes

Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by Emekayoung(m): 11:42pm On Aug 16, 2019
Who recorded the video?
Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by incogni2o: 11:43pm On Aug 16, 2019
Flame4chi:
I'm on the road presently. May God guide and protect us. Your prayers will go a long way.

You will arrive safely in Jesus name.

Psalm 23...Amen

9 Likes

Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by Thegeneralqueen(f): 11:44pm On Aug 16, 2019
Mightyhaiz:
That driver bam wella
What's the meaning of that ?
Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by macarson2k(m): 11:44pm On Aug 16, 2019
Flame4chi:
I'm on the road presently. May God guide and protect us. Your prayers will go a long way.

Journey mercy bro.

1 Like

Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by Studyinchina200(m): 11:49pm On Aug 16, 2019
Nigeria should be listed among 10 ways to die.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by sheubaba2013: 11:51pm On Aug 16, 2019
IKERE GORGE DAM, A BLESSING TO OUR GENERATION.

Ikere is a town located in Iseyin Local Government Area of Oyo State Nigeria.
It is about 28km North East Iseyin. The town is a home to the popular Ikere Gorge Dam. It is located on the Ogun river with a reservoir capacity of about 690 million meter cube.

I have visited the Ikere Gorge Dam on more than three occasions, the last time I visited the Dam was 12th of August, 2019 which is the second day of Eid Al-Adha (Festival of Sacrifice).
The trip was led by the Hon. President of Iseyin Youth Development Group (IYDG) in person of Hon. Babajide Oniyo, Hon. Shina Peller, my humble self Sakariyau Tijani Sheu (Sheubaba) and the entire members of IYDG.
The theme of this year program was "Convergence season 3/ Developmental Tour". We paid a visit to the Ado Awaye Iyake suspended lake and later proceeded to Ikere George Dam both in Iseyin LGA.
Iseyin Youth Development Group (IYDG) aim is the way forward for the development of Iseyin, Oke Ogun and the entire Nigeria at large, therefore Ikere George Dam must not be abandoned. Charity begins at home.

A Dam is a barrier that stops or restrict the flow of water or underground stream. -Wikipedia
Some Dams are constructed to change the direction of river water flow into channel, canal, pipeline etc.

George is a narrow valley between hills or mountains typically with steep rocky walls and a stream running through it.
The term is obtained from the French word "Gorge" which means throat or neck. A George is often smaller than Canyon, although both can be used to describe deep, narrow valleys with a stream or river running along their base.

Ikere Gorge Dam has been abandoned for so long. It is the second largest Dam in Nigeria, but it has been a long forgotten dream.
The Ikere Gorge Dam was first established by the Military regim of Ex President Olusegun Obasanjo and it was set up in 1983 by the then administration of Alhaji Shehu Shagari.
Ikere Gorge Dam was initially planned to generate 6 Megawatts of Electricity.

Furthermore, Dam can also supply water for Iseyin, Iganna, Okeho, Lagos etc.
Among the the plans was also for Irrigation purpose of about 12,000 hectares of land. According to findings, some equipments has been purchased as at then by the Government, they has been kept at the site for the Hydro Power component of the Dam and has not yet been installed.
According to experts the project will take up to 3 to 4 months to be completed.

Ikere Gorge Dam can be developed for aquaculture, I even bought some fishes on our way back from the site visitation. It can create over 1,500 jobs for the youths, production capacity of over one million tonnes of fish annually if fully utilized.

There is no mobile network in the area, we are unable to make or receive calls throughout the visitation.

The 35km access road that lead to the Dam is appalling, the road need to be fixed for easy access.

Conclusively, we the Iseyin Youth Development Group (IYDG) on my humble behalf are calling on the Federal Government of Nigeria to put the Ikere Gorge Dam in good shape for the purpose of Hydro power generation, Irrigation, aquaculture etc.
At the other hand the government should also harness the tourism potential of the Ado-Awaye Iyake suspended lake which is the second suspended lake in the world after the Colorado suspended lake in the USA.
"I am convinced that Nigeria would have been a more highly developed country without the oil. I wished we had never smelled the fumes of petroleum" -Prof Wole Soyinka.
God bless Iseyin, God bless Nigeria.

Ikere Gorge Dam! The second largest Dam in Nigeria.
Ikere Gorge Dam! The time is now.
Ikere Gorge Dam! No more further delay
Ikere Gorge Dam! The untapped blessing
Ikere Gorge Dam! A blessing to our generation
Ikere Gorge Dam! A gift from God Almighty

By SAKARIYAU TIJANI SHEU aka SHEUBABA

1 Like

Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by mknigeriagreat: 11:52pm On Aug 16, 2019
Germandude30:
Can't even think of visiting my own country. Na wa oo.even police dey attack Nigerians that came to visit.seizing their travel documents.

Where are you? America where they randomly shoot people to death? Some of you just talk carelessly without thinking about the implications of your words. Smh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by Heffalump(m): 12:00am On Aug 17, 2019
Policemen are responsible for the robbery undecided
Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by Badgers14: 12:04am On Aug 17, 2019
The driver might be bam or not!

But this protocol is adhered to even by the secret service drivers driving thr U.S president. In a situation like that, they are trained to forge ahead and don't stop.

3 Likes

Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by mechanics(m): 12:11am On Aug 17, 2019
He was really brave.

1 Like

Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by Nobody: 12:23am On Aug 17, 2019
You are safe in Jesus name.
Flame4chi:
Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by OBIPLUS(m): 12:26am On Aug 17, 2019
Many days for the thieve. They should desist from such act.
Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by capitalzero: 12:40am On Aug 17, 2019
Oyerinde16:

it is better to take some calculated risks. it is 50/50. what if they are kidnappers who can kill if ransom is not paid.

1 Like

Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by bikefab(m): 12:42am On Aug 17, 2019
Night journeys are the best, I used to love it till the bus I was traveling in ran into armed robbers one night. January last year, travelling back to Abuja from the East, driver followed onitsha and we met the night Kings at umunede. Thank God for small mercies...no one was hurt and no items were stolen but it was some terrible moment.

2 Likes

Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by dedoz: 12:58am On Aug 17, 2019
Night travel!!! Remember travelling to and fro bauchi state at night like 4times during my service year...I was always scared then..I wouldn't take such risk again!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by Nobody: 1:06am On Aug 17, 2019
AFRICA....HE THANK THE DRIVER FOR ALLOWING GOD TO USE HIM TO DRIVE INTO THE ARM ROBBERS

Everything is God
Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by emezuo17: 1:17am On Aug 17, 2019
J111333:
Igbos are not cowards, if the driver come from one particular region, he for even dash the robbers the bus sef run.
I just wan start trouble, I'm in a good mood. grin
. Enyia make we stop all this na
Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by Nobody: 1:26am On Aug 17, 2019
Germandude30:
Can't even think of visiting my own country. Na wa oo.even police dey attack Nigerians that came to visit.seizing their travel documents.

Which part of Niamey are you from. Your country should be safe to travel to from 9ja.
Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by micflo28(m): 1:28am On Aug 17, 2019
Why night journey? If only we have working and fast locomotive rail system to cater for night travellers all over nigeria. Rail transport is synonymous with security just like airplanes.

3 Likes

Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by EGprince(m): 1:45am On Aug 17, 2019
grin grin cheesy cheesy ;Dguy you funny o
Studyinchina200:
Nigeria should be listed among 10 ways to die.
Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by Eseries(m): 1:47am On Aug 17, 2019
This story sweet ehh ehh!

Were you a child when your uncle told you this story? cheesy

kalvoken:
People take risk sha.

Daytime is no safe in Nigeria no more, yet you guys ply that danger zone at night.

Thank God for their lives. My uncle once killed robbers along along okigwe road, year back. He said that she the idiot pulled out the pistol, corked it and was raising it to his head while standing in front of his bus. He just unmatched the brake and ran through the fucker. The rest pulled out motorbike from bush and took after their bus. He was speeding very fast until he got to a gully pothole on the road, he matched the bake steadily with the steering stronlgy held.

The robbers too who were already at the tail of the bus all crashed at the back of the bus. He said that they heard them screaming "my legs are cut" while they sped off. Passengers after they got to the park contributed money for him in appreciation.

2 Likes

Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by Nobody: 3:41am On Aug 17, 2019
kalvoken:
People take risk sha.

Daytime is no safe in Nigeria no more, yet you guys ply that danger zone at night.

Thank God for their lives. My uncle once killed robbers along along okigwe road, year back. He said that she the idiot pulled out the pistol, corked it and was raising it to his head while standing in front of his bus. He just unmatched the brake and ran through the fucker. The rest pulled out motorbike from bush and took after their bus. He was speeding very fast until he got to a gully pothole on the road, he matched the bake steadily with the steering stronlgy held.

The robbers too who were already at the tail of the bus all crashed at the back of the bus. He said that they heard them screaming "my legs are cut" while they sped off. Passengers after they got to the park contributed money for him in appreciation.

Nice super story. Wale Adenuga must see this.
Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by Olubanben23(m): 3:55am On Aug 17, 2019
Na war films we dy see such. He really tried but odikwa very risky.
Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by abescom: 4:01am On Aug 17, 2019
Oyerinde16:
Professional robber is that you?

1 Like

Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by Gee64: 4:06am On Aug 17, 2019
New James Bond!
Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by BrokenCock: 4:07am On Aug 17, 2019
Mightyhaiz:
That driver bam wella
i swear!
Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by BrokenCock: 4:10am On Aug 17, 2019
kalvoken:
People take risk sha.

see ehn! night travel in Nigeria is safer than day if you dont know.
if not for anything but when the worst happen and u enter bush u fit hide well unlike day time. Moreover the security on the road at night is double what u see in the day.

all kidnappings in Nigeria happen in the daytime.
Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by BrokenCock: 4:11am On Aug 17, 2019
micflo28:
Why night journey? If only we have working and fast locomotive rail system to cater for night travellers all over nigeria. Rail transport is synonymous with security just like airplanes.
if vandals cut the rail line just to rob passengers nkor?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Toyosi Who Tweeted She's Being Kidnapped, Raped, Has Been Arrested By The Police / Rev. Fr. Nwaigwe Stephen Impregnates Teenager In Anambra / Photo Of The 17-Year-Old Girl Who Stabbed Her Neighbour To Death In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.