Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road (44236 Views)

Army Foils International Ammunition Smuggling Syndicate Heading To Anambra / How Evans Shot Vincent Obianuju, Young Shall Grow Motors Chairman – Police / Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by Ayetobi92: 4:33am On Aug 17, 2019
snipernigga:
What about the promised drone and military patrol, hnmm wild wild west.
Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by Goshiii: 5:40am On Aug 17, 2019
sheubaba2013:
IKERE GORGE DAM, A BLESSING TO OUR GENERATION.

Ikere is a town located in Iseyin Local Government Area of Oyo State Nigeria.
It is about 28km North East Iseyin. The town is a home to the popular Ikere Gorge Dam. It is located on the Ogun river with a reservoir capacity of about 690 million meter cube.

I have visited the Ikere Gorge Dam on more than three occasions, the last time I visited the Dam was 12th of August, 2019 which is the second day of Eid Al-Adha (Festival of Sacrifice).
The trip was led by the Hon. President of Iseyin Youth Development Group (IYDG) in person of Hon. Babajide Oniyo, Hon. Shina Peller, my humble self Sakariyau Tijani Sheu (Sheubaba) and the entire members of IYDG.
The theme of this year program was "Convergence season 3/ Developmental Tour". We paid a visit to the Ado Awaye Iyake suspended lake and later proceeded to Ikere George Dam both in Iseyin LGA.

Iseyin Youth Development Group (IYDG) aim is the way forward for the development of Iseyin, Oke Ogun and the entire Nigeria at large, therefore Ikere George Dam must not be abandoned. Charity begins at home.

A Dam is a barrier that stops or restrict the flow of water or underground stream. -Wikipedia
Some Dams are constructed to change the direction of river water flow into channel, canal, pipeline etc.

George is a narrow valley between hills or mountains typically with steep rocky walls and a stream running through it.
The term is obtained from the French word "Gorge" which means throat or neck. A George is often smaller than Canyon, although both can be used to describe deep, narrow valleys with a stream or river running along their base.

Ikere Gorge Dam has been abandoned for so long. It is the second largest Dam in Nigeria, but it has been a long forgotten dream.
The Ikere Gorge Dam was first established by the Military regim of Ex President Olusegun Obasanjo and it was set up in 1983 by the then administration of Alhaji Shehu Shagari.
Ikere Gorge Dam was initially planned to generate 6 Megawatts of Electricity.

Furthermore, Dam can also supply water for Iseyin, Iganna, Okeho, Lagos etc.
Among the the plans was also for Irrigation purpose of about 12,000 hectares of land. According to findings, some equipments has been purchased as at then by the Government, they has been kept at the site for the Hydro Power component of the Dam and has not yet been installed.
According to experts the project will take up to 3 to 4 months to be completed.

Ikere Gorge Dam can be developed for aquaculture, I even bought some fishes on our way back from the site visitation. It can create over 1,500 jobs for the youths, production capacity of over one million tonnes of fish annually if fully utilized.

There is no mobile network in the area, we are unable to make or receive calls throughout the visitation.

The 35km access road that lead to the Dam is appalling, the road need to be fixed for easy access.

Conclusively, we the Iseyin Youth Development Group (IYDG) on my humble behalf are calling on the Federal Government of Nigeria to put the Ikere Gorge Dam in good shape for the purpose of Hydro power generation, Irrigation, aquaculture etc.
At the other hand the government should also harness the tourism potential of the Ado-Awaye Iyake suspended lake which is the second suspended lake in the world after the Colorado suspended lake in the USA.
"I am convinced that Nigeria would have been a more highly developed country without the oil. I wished we had never smelled the fumes of petroleum" -Prof Wole Soyinka.
God bless Iseyin, God bless Nigeria.

Ikere Gorge Dam! The second largest Dam in Nigeria.
Ikere Gorge Dam! The time is now.
Ikere Gorge Dam! No more further delay
Ikere Gorge Dam! The untapped blessing
Ikere Gorge Dam! A blessing to our generation
Ikere Gorge Dam! A gift from God Almighty

By SAKARIYAU TIJANI SHEU aka SHEUBABA
I like this development . It would be nice if you posted some pictures as well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by kalvoken(m): 5:46am On Aug 17, 2019
Eseries:
This story sweet ehh ehh!

Were you a child when your uncle told you this story? cheesy

olasunkanmimart:

Nice super story. Wale Adenuga must see this.

This is a true life story. He was crying in our compound that said day, because he couldn't believe he had taken someone's life.
Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by zionic(m): 5:49am On Aug 17, 2019
Let the IG look deep into this matter without fear or favour to any tribe.
The future is not bright if we don't work now.
Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by Niceman4u(m): 5:54am On Aug 17, 2019
kalvoken:
People take risk sha.

Daytime is no safe in Nigeria no more, yet you guys ply that danger zone at night.

Thank God for their lives. My uncle once killed robbers along along okigwe road, year back. He said that she the idiot pulled out the pistol, corked it and was raising it to his head while standing in front of his bus. He just unmatched the brake and ran through the fucker. The rest pulled out motorbike from bush and took after their bus. He was speeding very fast until he got to a gully pothole on the road, he matched the bake steadily with the steering stronlgy held.

The robbers too who were already at the tail of the bus all crashed at the back of the bus. He said that they heard them screaming "my legs are cut" while they sped off. Passengers after they got to the park contributed money for him in appreciation.

is this a true life story or a movie script?
if it is a true life story ur deserves to be made the chief driver of the nation
Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by SirVintageCock: 6:13am On Aug 17, 2019
BrokenCock:
if vandals cut the rail line just to rob passengers nkor?
Cut the rail line, how? grin The train on high speed will derail, crushing the robbers to plums and also some of the passengers.

The chaos and responses after train derailments are always national or even international. The robbers won't even know what hit them. That's why travelling by train like Abuja-Kaduna train is the safest route apart from air. The chaos is mesmerizing.

1 Like

Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by Skelewu: 6:15am On Aug 17, 2019
IGBOSON1:
The vermin must have been surprised at the bus barrelling towards them at great speed, despite all their shooting! They wisely turned at the very last second and dived unceremoniously into the bushes....emerging seconds later covered in mud, leaves and bruises, and looking crestfallen at the bus disappearing in the distance! The head robber, still looking in wonder and slight admiration at disappearing bus, would have declared to his boys, 'na juju!' shocked

Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by aminusodiq(m): 6:19am On Aug 17, 2019
Flame4chi:
I'm on the road presently. May God guide and protect us. Your prayers will go a long way.
i hope u save now bro... Our prayers ar with you
Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by galaxy2020(m): 6:21am On Aug 17, 2019
That driver go get odeshi..
Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by Technology14: 6:29am On Aug 17, 2019
What an act of bravery displayed by the driver. Thank God no one was hurt. Contact me for your high quality CCTV spy gadgets like spy pen, spy button ,spy eye glass, spy wristwatch . To buy, call 07038997503 , 09097430451. Pay on delivery available nationwide.
Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by benni(m): 7:21am On Aug 17, 2019
Another young shall grow bus might pay the price because the guys will be ruthless when any falls into their trap.

1 Like

Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by felixawe(m): 7:26am On Aug 17, 2019
Na true na
emmanuelpopson:
robbers and night.. they are children of the dark...
Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by ZaOzaRoom(m): 7:43am On Aug 17, 2019
I think the front glass of cars should be bullet proof.

1 Like

Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by ladyachims(f): 7:53am On Aug 17, 2019
Oyerinde16:
That driver think say him get odeshi... Thank your stars bullet miss you... Awoon amateur robbers. Good he risked it n succeeded.
living in nigeria as a whole is risky. so what da heck.
Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 17, 2019
kalvoken:
People take risk sha.

Daytime is no safe in Nigeria no more, yet you guys ply that danger zone at night.

Thank God for their lives. My uncle once killed robbers along along okigwe road, year back. He said that she the idiot pulled out the pistol, corked it and was raising it to his head while standing in front of his bus. He just unmatched the brake and ran through the fucker. The rest pulled out motorbike from bush and took after their bus. He was speeding very fast until he got to a gully pothole on the road, he matched the bake steadily with the steering stronlgy held.

The robbers too who were already at the tail of the bus all crashed at the back of the bus. He said that they heard them screaming "my legs are cut" while they sped off. Passengers after they got to the park contributed money for him in appreciation.
. Your uncle is a very experienced driver..iGod has truly blessed him with wisdom
Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 17, 2019
kalvoken:

This was a real life story. He was crying in our compound that said they because, he couldn't believe he had taken someone's life.

Eeyyahhh..he saved lives those bastards would have raped and possibly killed .maybe kidnap some .some robbers are told to make sure they kill by their babalawo
Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 17, 2019
Brave driver... everyone bleeds.
Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by signz: 8:16am On Aug 17, 2019
Flame4chi:
I'm on the road presently. May God guide and protect us. Your prayers will go a long way.

How far? Hope you arrived your destination without any bad incident
Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by captainking(m): 8:31am On Aug 17, 2019
IGBOSON1:
The vermin must have been surprised at the bus barrelling towards them at great speed, despite all their shooting! They wisely turned at the very last second and dived unceremoniously into the bushes....emerging seconds later covered in mud, leaves and bruises, and looking crestfallen at the bus disappearing in the distance! The head robber, still looking in wonder and slight admiration at disappearing bus, would have declared to his boys, 'na juju!' shocked
Good narration.. I was told.. That in a situation like this.. When the Armed robbers are spotted late. Best course of action is to drive through them while keeping ones head along with other occupants low.. This makes the robbers confused and scamper for safety... Retreating when already too close gives the robbers room to attack more..
Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by Anijay1212(m): 8:41am On Aug 17, 2019
IGBOSON1:
Lol...
Just finished watching your discriptive prowess in HD.
What a movie!!!

1 Like

Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by Rotimi47: 8:46am On Aug 17, 2019
kalvoken:
People take risk sha.

shocked your Uncle deserve a medal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by Rotimi47: 8:54am On Aug 17, 2019
If you have Faith as small as a mustard seed you will tell that mountain to be removed and casted into the sea and it will obey you.

The luxury bus driver had faith as big as his bus and he made the robbers to flee and casted into the bush and it worked.

He is a brave Man even though he put his life and that of his passengers at risk.
Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by kalvoken(m): 9:13am On Aug 17, 2019
Rotimi47:
shocked your Uncle deserve a medal.

He himself couldn't believe how he did it.

It is God that used him to save everyone onboard

1 Like

Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by kalvoken(m): 9:16am On Aug 17, 2019
Mustsucceed:

Eeyyahhh..he saved lives those bastards would have raped and possibly killed .maybe kidnap some .some robbers are told to make sure they kill by their babalawo

He would have been the first victim. Their plan was to take out the drive first.
Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by Advancedman(m): 9:27am On Aug 17, 2019
Oyerinde16:
That driver think say him get odeshi... Thank your stars bullet miss you... Awoon amateur robbers. Good he risked it n succeeded.
Are you their Trainer?
Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by kalvoken(m): 9:32am On Aug 17, 2019
Niceman4u:

is this a true life story or a movie script?
if it is a true life story ur deserves to be made the chief driver of the nation

A true life story. Though I am not the driver, my uncle is.
Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by luluosas(m): 9:44am On Aug 17, 2019
Glory be to God that no life was lost. At least, this is a second chance for the robbers to repent and accept Jesus Christ now.
Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by AFONJACOW(m): 10:16am On Aug 17, 2019
kalvoken:
People take risk sha.

which of the James Bond movie is this
Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by Rahym001(m): 10:32am On Aug 17, 2019
Oyerinde16:
are u a high way robber,
from their comments u shall know them
Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by maxiuc(m): 11:19am On Aug 17, 2019
Thank God say na young shall grow

Young shall grow drivers are something else

Those drivers for night journey Dem bam wella

Thank God say no be ABC transport with their speed limit

ABC transport management get sense their Night often leave terminals by 4pm so that they can drive pass dangerous places in friendly hour
Re: Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 17, 2019
Be safe out there people.

We will give you a commission if you get us a client,for any of our services.Check out our site, for Real Estate briefs and Properties in Lekki, Ikoyi, Ibeju Lekki etc, Diesel Delivery and Marine Services. Send us an emai- distributeinc@gmail.com.
Click to view our services-
https://distributeinc..com/?m=1

Our aim is to help every Nigerian teenager and youth get engaged profitably, as they use their time and resources online.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Toyosi Who Tweeted She's Being Kidnapped, Raped, Has Been Arrested By The Police / Photo Of The 17-Year-Old Girl Who Stabbed Her Neighbour To Death In Kano / Protesters Carry Placard Blaming Victims Found Dead In Port-Harcourt Hotel (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.