Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,922 members, 7,821,230 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Why FIFA Ban Siasia, Former Super Eagles Coach, For Life - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why FIFA Ban Siasia, Former Super Eagles Coach, For Life (736 Views)

NFF, Friends Deserted Me During My FIFA Ban - Siasia Narrates Ordeal / Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2 / Why FIFA Is Investigating Croatia, Nigeria Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why FIFA Ban Siasia, Former Super Eagles Coach, For Life by Shehuyinka: 7:35pm On Aug 16, 2019
SAMSON Siasia, a former super eagles player and coach has been banned for life from all football-related activities by FIFA after being found guilty of taking bribes in connection with match-fixing.

The decision was made by the FIFA adjudicatory chamber of the independent ethics committee and was officially announced on Friday through a statement made available on its website.

The committee said Siasia was found guilty of receiving bribes in relation to the manipulation of matches in violation of the FIFA Code of Ethics, which he accepted.

In addition to the ban, a fine in the amount of CHF 50,000, totaling more than N18 million, was imposed on him.

“The decision was notified to Siasia today, the date on which the ban comes into force,” the statement read.

The ethics proceedings against Siasia had been instituted since February 11, 2019, through its component departments and in cooperation with the relevant stakeholders and authorities.

Read more: https://www.icirnigeria.org/why-fifa-ban-siasia-former-super-eagles-coach-for-life/

1 Like

Re: Why FIFA Ban Siasia, Former Super Eagles Coach, For Life by seborrhic: 7:52pm On Aug 16, 2019
See how this one rubbished his name for life.
Remember one nigerian youth player also accused him then of asking him for bribe before he would make the National junior team Siasia handled then.
When the guy couldn't come up with the bribe he was promptly dropped in favor of less talented footballers Siasia picked then.
Rubbish human being.
Thank God he lives in the US,I think,where the guilt and conviction would trail him wherever he goes,making it difficult for him to hold any sporting appointment.
He may soon relocate to Nigeria,if he is still abroad,grant an interview accusing FIFA of racism and before you know it one useless state government or government agency will appoint him to one post where he is likely to carry on his seemingly inborn bribery acts.
Ode.

1 Like

Re: Why FIFA Ban Siasia, Former Super Eagles Coach, For Life by gly(m): 11:05pm On Aug 16, 2019
seborrhic:
See how this one rubbished his name for life.
Remember one nigerian youth player also accused him then of asking him for bribe before he would make the National junior team Siasia handled then.
When the guy couldn't come up with the bribe he was promptly dropped in favor of less talented footballers Siasia picked then.
Rubbish human being.
Thank God he lives in the US,I think,where the guilt and conviction would trail him wherever he goes,making it difficult for him to hold any sporting appointment.
He may soon relocate to Nigeria,if he is still abroad,grant an interview accusing FIFA of racism and before you know it one useless state government or government agency will appoint him to one post where he is likely to carry on his seemingly inborn bribery acts.
Ode.

Na so my chief but his own is over, he would not even have access to any football related activities not to talk of getting any appointment being it home or abroad. May be he should try hand ball and start over again. Greedy fellow.
Re: Why FIFA Ban Siasia, Former Super Eagles Coach, For Life by otipoju(m): 4:01am On Aug 17, 2019
Its amazing that we dont have the details of what actually transpired. Until then, i cant say nothing.
Re: Why FIFA Ban Siasia, Former Super Eagles Coach, For Life by 1shortblackboy: 4:12am On Aug 17, 2019
OP I have not said anything new or different from d old post what is this use of this post
Re: Why FIFA Ban Siasia, Former Super Eagles Coach, For Life by DAutoDiagnosis: 6:43am On Aug 17, 2019
Source, sauce

Must have diagnostic tool for every car owner: Get one today, and stop doing trial and error fixes. Infact, if you dont want, buy for your Kazeem/Chinedu/Ahmed

Check my signature

(1) (Reply)

U-17: 3-2 Why Nigeria Beating this Same Boys in 8yrs time Becomes a Problem? / ... / Osimhen Reveals Who Inspired Him To Wear The Jersey Number '7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.