Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,638 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Invictusobi: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Forbes, Atiku, BBC, Bella Etc - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Invictusobi: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Forbes, Atiku, BBC, Bella Etc (1918 Views)

Obinwanne Okeke: Invictus Obi Forbes 100 Most Influential Young African In 2018 / Who Do We Blame When People Do This On The Street? (PHOTOS) / How Nigerians Should Address President Buhari Henceforth - FG Issues Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Invictusobi: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Forbes, Atiku, BBC, Bella Etc by TechCapon(m): 2:11pm On Aug 17, 2019
TechCapon

The rise and fall of Forbes celebrated nairaland billionaire InvictusObi and why we can’t afford to blame EFCC, Forbes Africa and BBC.

Ever since Obinwannem Okeke was arrested by the FBI in the United States, social media have been flooded with thousands of comments and many reputable media outlets like Bella Naija, Forbes Africa, BBC etc have come under heavy attack from social media users. In this post, I’ll take my time to explain why we should not put blame on these reputable media outlets and even law enforcement agencies.

EFCC IS NOT SOPHISTICATED ENOUGH TO TRACK SUCH HIGH TECH SCAM

EFCC is more of a guerilla crime fighting agency. They mostly rely on what they call “tip-off” to do their jobs. They receive a call from “anonymous source” saying he suspects his neighbour is a yahoo boy. Immediately they raid his house in the middle of the night, arrest him and his crew, seize their smartphones and laptops with the hope of finding incriminating evidence that can serve as evidence in court. That’s their modus operandi.

EFCC can’t track stuff like Internet Protocol (IP address), hack into an email, carry out a detailed painstaking investigation. They depend a lot on luck, an element of surprise, harassment and intimidation. They lack the training, technology and manpower for that high-level scam so blaming them for not arresting Invictus after all these years is not fair. There are many fraudsters that have beaten the “Almighty FBI” and been on FBI watch list for years with no hope of arrest.

INVICTUS OBI IS NOT YOUR EVERYDAY SCAMMER

According to a popular Nigerian politician, some people belong to 97% while others belong to 5%. INVICTUS does not belong to the 97% class of fraudster, he belongs to the rare 5% which are extremely difficult to decipher. The everyday yahoo boy wants to make a few thousand bucks, drive a flashy car, grow dreadlocks and pop champagne with big ass women twerking for him day and night. The rare 5% of fraudsters are too smart for that, they invest their loot in legit businesses and foundations. They wear suits and keep low haircut while acting as motivational speakers That’s why it’s hard to even suspect they’re into fraud and that’s why they can fool big organizations who believe they’re legit.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Invictusobi: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Forbes, Atiku, BBC, Bella Etc by TechCapon(m): 2:12pm On Aug 17, 2019
TechCapon

FORBES AFRICA IS NOT A LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY BUT A MEDIA ORGANIZATION.

Since this story broke, many folks have been saying “Forbes 30 under 30” list is a scam. No, it’s not! It’s not their duty to investigate how you started your life, their job is to look at your assets and their value. They work with the information you provide not the other way round. The highest they can do is demand proof that you are actually the owner of those assets and that you actually earn what you claim and they’ll publish a story about you. Elizabeth Holmes is the biggest fraudster in Silicon Valley but she made it into Forbes and Fortune magazines until she got busted. So no need to blame Forbes, Atiku, BBC or Bella Naija and so on.

INVICTUSOBI MADE SOME TERRIBLE MISTAKES BUT HE IS NOT A FOOL.

I laughed when I saw some comments of people who called him a fool and stupid for making the dumb mistakes he did. The guy was just leaving his footprints all over the internet like a toddler. He didn’t use VPN to hide his IP address while sending out scam emails, he kept using the same scam email for personal use and creating accounts on social media and a host of other dumb mistake but he was not a fool. A fool would not be able to attain that height in the scam industry and even appear on Forbes cover. A fool would not set up companies in oil and gas, agriculture, technology, real estate and so on. He was smart, maybe too smart and that gave him too much confidence and led to his downfall.

What EFCC can do at this point is just to use his BVN and freeze his personal and company accounts. Then maybe seize some assets after all the hard work has already been done by the FBI. The FBI in its report stated that if INVICTUS leave the US for Nigeria, he will be out of their reach. This shows that EFCC does not synergize and coordinate with the FBI and that’s bad. They should step up and game so they can be more proactive and effective. I really commend the FBI for achieving this incredible task.

Final word, embrace hard work and integrity. “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and 5 minutes to destroy it.” Warren Buffet

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/invictusobi-why-we-should-not-blame-forbes-atiku-efcc-bella-naija-bbc-etc/

Mynd44
dominique

5 Likes

Re: Invictusobi: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Forbes, Atiku, BBC, Bella Etc by onetouchconcept(m): 2:29pm On Aug 17, 2019
Hmmn.

There is a saying..... "show me how much money you made, and I will reveal the level of crime you've had to commit"

Not all this so called legit young entrepreneur are legit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Invictusobi: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Forbes, Atiku, BBC, Bella Etc by TechCapon(m): 2:32pm On Aug 17, 2019
By now siasia will be thanking God that Invictus has removed him from the limelight grin

7 Likes

Re: Invictusobi: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Forbes, Atiku, BBC, Bella Etc by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 17, 2019
Final word, embrace hard work and integrity. “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and 5 minutes to destroy it.” Warren Buffet

[/quote]

Yahoo yahoo is hard work oooo, it’s not just a legit work... why do u think boys are adding science to it....when they loose sleep many night and realize it’s not easy to convince someone to part with their hard earned money

Rephrase that statement above to : embrace legit-work and integrity..

2 Likes

Re: Invictusobi: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Forbes, Atiku, BBC, Bella Etc by Dhortunn(m): 2:35pm On Aug 17, 2019
Another thread. cry
Re: Invictusobi: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Forbes, Atiku, BBC, Bella Etc by TechCapon(m): 2:39pm On Aug 17, 2019
1StopRudeness:

Yahoo yahoo is hard work oooo, it’s not just legit work... why do u think boys are adding science to it....when they loose sleep many night and realize it’s not easy to convince someone to pet with their hard earned money

Rephrase that statement above to : embrace legit-work and integrity..
lol, embrace legit work and integrity
Re: Invictusobi: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Forbes, Atiku, BBC, Bella Etc by czarina(f): 2:44pm On Aug 17, 2019
Fine boi.

Techcapon, well-done.
Re: Invictusobi: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Forbes, Atiku, BBC, Bella Etc by TechCapon(m): 2:45pm On Aug 17, 2019
czarina:
Fine boi.

Techcapon, well-done.
thanks

1 Like

Re: Invictusobi: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Forbes, Atiku, BBC, Bella Etc by MJBOLT: 2:51pm On Aug 17, 2019
the americans should drop him a a deep dark hole,lock it and send the key to the moon.

1 Like

Re: Invictusobi: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Forbes, Atiku, BBC, Bella Etc by Benjaniblinks(m): 2:58pm On Aug 17, 2019
grin
Re: Invictusobi: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Forbes, Atiku, BBC, Bella Etc by daddytime(m): 3:01pm On Aug 17, 2019
Lol
Re: Invictusobi: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Forbes, Atiku, BBC, Bella Etc by iCauseTrouble: 3:05pm On Aug 17, 2019
If I hear anybody blame Naira Marley again
Re: Invictusobi: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Forbes, Atiku, BBC, Bella Etc by daddytime(m): 3:06pm On Aug 17, 2019
Lol....

Very apt, spot on and I can relate.

However, enough of glamourizing a thief.

He isn't smart, but a fool to think he can successfully reap from where he hadn't sown and not get caught.

Motivational thief...

4 Likes

Re: Invictusobi: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Forbes, Atiku, BBC, Bella Etc by TechCapon(m): 3:35pm On Aug 17, 2019
daddytime:
Lol....

Very apt, spot on and I can relate.

However, enough of glamourizing a thief.

He isn't smart, but a fool to think he can successfully reap from where he hadn't sown and not get caught.

Motivational thief...
I never knew that he was this popular. Dude really enjoyed it while it lasted. Mynd44,, Dominique

1 Like

Re: Invictusobi: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Forbes, Atiku, BBC, Bella Etc by Trex4(m): 4:04pm On Aug 17, 2019
Spot On Post Good Sir... Please Keep Up with The Good Articles.....Maybe We'll See You On The Next Forbes Issue grin

1 Like

Re: Invictusobi: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Forbes, Atiku, BBC, Bella Etc by GOFRONT(m): 4:47pm On Aug 17, 2019
Maga no need pay..

1 Like

Re: Invictusobi: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Forbes, Atiku, BBC, Bella Etc by PhenomenalAustin: 5:45pm On Aug 17, 2019
G
Re: Invictusobi: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Forbes, Atiku, BBC, Bella Etc by TechCapon(m): 6:14pm On Aug 17, 2019
Trex4:
Spot On Post Good Sir... Please Keep Up with The Good Articles.....Maybe We'll See You On The Next Forbes Issue grin
thanks bro, I hope so too grin
Re: Invictusobi: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Forbes, Atiku, BBC, Bella Etc by MyGeneration(m): 6:22pm On Aug 17, 2019
your writing is poor, try to improve
Re: Invictusobi: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Forbes, Atiku, BBC, Bella Etc by Obaiyski(m): 6:24pm On Aug 17, 2019
Techcapon you need to read this https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1162473738589343745.html So you understand who this dudes really are before writing
Re: Invictusobi: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Forbes, Atiku, BBC, Bella Etc by TechCapon(m): 6:41pm On Aug 17, 2019
Obaiyski:
Techcapon you need to read this https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1162473738589343745.html So you understand who this dudes really are before writing
Mehn that write up is too long, summarize it nah, I'm watching Manchester city vs Tottenham grin
Re: Invictusobi: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Forbes, Atiku, BBC, Bella Etc by Obaiyski(m): 6:59pm On Aug 17, 2019
TechCapon:
Mehn that write up is too long, summarize it nah, I'm watching Manchester city vs Tottenham grin
I'm not the one that write it. Here is the Twitter thread of the guy that wrote it https://mobile.twitter.com/chikenyelum/status/1162473738589343745

1 Like

Re: Invictusobi: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Forbes, Atiku, BBC, Bella Etc by TechCapon(m): 7:26pm On Aug 17, 2019
Obaiyski:
I'm not the one that write it. Here is the Twitter thread of the guy that wrote it https://mobile.twitter.com/chikenyelum/status/1162473738589343745
Mehn that was a very serious issue. Looks like the guy was used and dumped by invictus and his cabal
Re: Invictusobi: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Forbes, Atiku, BBC, Bella Etc by bluefilm: 9:51pm On Aug 17, 2019
So in essence, what you are saying is that the invictus guy is still at the end of the day, nothing but just a highly coded yahoo boy? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Invictusobi: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Forbes, Atiku, BBC, Bella Etc by czarina(f): 9:58pm On Aug 17, 2019
TechCapon:
It's too long but you're blogger? You never ready grin

2 Likes

Re: Invictusobi: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Forbes, Atiku, BBC, Bella Etc by TechCapon(m): 10:11pm On Aug 17, 2019
czarina:
It's too long but you're blogger? You never ready grin
I finally read it and it was way more serious than I thought. They started with romance scams before graduating to companies. That guy has caused his victims so much pain
Re: Invictusobi: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Forbes, Atiku, BBC, Bella Etc by Zombiekiller010: 11:28pm On Aug 17, 2019
Its enough. Stop using this guy to trend
Re: Invictusobi: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Forbes, Atiku, BBC, Bella Etc by DavidEsq(m): 12:13am On Aug 18, 2019
TechCapon:
By now siasia will be thanking God that Invictus has removed him from the limelight grin

3 Likes

Re: Invictusobi: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Forbes, Atiku, BBC, Bella Etc by Wickedfacts: 2:36am On Aug 18, 2019
TechCapon:

You know you can't make heaven?

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Invictusobi: Why Nigerians Should Not Blame Forbes, Atiku, BBC, Bella Etc by TechCapon(m): 3:14am On Aug 18, 2019
Wickedfacts:

You know you can't make heaven?

grin grin
ur still awake? grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shocking: My Husband Impregnated My Mom Who Came For Omugwo – Woman Reveals / Two Slayqueens Caught After Doing Fake Transfer (pics/video) / What If Your Sisters Husband Beats Her A Lot?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.