Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

To the atheist, what do you think? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To the atheist, what do you think? (4459 Views)

Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? / God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God / Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by LordReed(m): 9:56pm On Mar 14, 2020
Acehart:

Scientists say that the universe has stopped expanding because of the effect of entropy and gravitational force.

Where did you get that from? This is wrong. The data shows expansion is accelerating not stopped.
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Acehart: 7:08am On Mar 15, 2020
LordReed:

Where did you get that from? This is wrong. The data shows expansion is accelerating not stopped.

Click: https://www.bbc.com/reel/video/p083yshg/could-the-big-bang-have-created-a-hidden-twin-universe-

Also, I’d like to see your data.
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by LordReed(m): 7:38am On Mar 15, 2020
Acehart:

Click: https://www.bbc.com/reel/video/p083yshg/could-the-big-bang-have-created-a-hidden-twin-universe-

Also, I’d like to see your data.

How does what you posted relate to the universe not expanding?

Here is one proof of the expansion of the universe: https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1929PNAS...15..168H/abstract

Proof of the accelerating expansion of the universe:
https://arxiv.org/abs/astro-ph/0609591
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Acehart: 9:08am On Mar 15, 2020
LordReed:

How does what you posted relate to the universe not expanding?

Here is one proof of the expansion of the universe: https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1929PNAS...15..168H/abstract

Proof of the accelerating expansion of the universe:
https://arxiv.org/abs/astro-ph/0609591

Did you watch it? You are showing me a publication from 1929 and we are in 2020. Well done.

The second publication says, “These circumstances demand an ambitious observational program to determine the dark energy properties as well as possible”. It is not even a theory that is proposed. I’d like to know your highest educational qualification and in what field. It seems you don’t know how to read papers.

I have you a video where the best physicists in the world speak about the universe’ expansion and either lack of data or sheer effort is the bane of your response.
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by LordReed(m): 10:32am On Mar 15, 2020
Acehart:

Did you watch it? You are showing me a publication from 1929 and we are in 2020. Well done.

The second publication says, “These circumstances demand an ambitious observational program to determine the dark energy properties as well as possible”. It is not even a theory that is proposed. I’d like to know your highest educational qualification and in what field. It seems you don’t know how to read papers.

I have you a video where the best physicists in the world speak about the universe’ expansion and either lack of data or sheer effort is the bane of your response.

Yes I watched it, did you? I don't think you did because right at the 3min mark a cosmologist comes on and says the universe is expanding. You have no clue what you are on about.

Are you serious? When did Einstein write about General Theory of Relativity? In 1915 and does it not hold up even now? Is Isaac Newton's Laws of Gravity generally discarded, when was that written? Hubble's paper has been proved correct in 2020 if that is what your hang up is. Do you know what the Hubble telescope is? SMH. Hubble's observations have been confirmed over and over again.

I give you 2 scientific papers containing observations of scientists and you bring a video you didn't even watch and you have the temerity to ask for my academic qualifications? What a friggin joke. Bwahahahahahaha!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by budaatum: 3:08pm On Mar 15, 2020
LordReed:

Yes I watched it, did you? I don't think you did because right at the 3min mark a cosmologist comes on and says the universe is expanding.
That's what happens to those to whom evidence does not matter. They don't watch it nor do they expect you to watch it, lol.

Do you know that there is a difference between Christianity and Pharisaism, and that most practise the latter without realising it?

It's a debate we shall soon be having on here once we've evolved far enough to have it.

1 Like

Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by LordReed(m): 3:49pm On Mar 15, 2020
budaatum:

That's what happens to those to whom evidence does not matter. They don't watch it nor do they expect you to watch it, lol.

Do you know that there is a difference between Christianity and Pharisaism, and that most practise the latter without realising it?

It's a debate we shall soon be having on here once we've evolved far enough to have it.

They always seem to be looking for anything to confirm their bias. It's so funny to watch. I constantly hope to have them present something solid but they never do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 15, 2020
LordReed:

How did you come to the ultimate cause is the question. Science has not demonstrated any such thing, so you just leapt from all things have causes to ultimate cause. You can't define something into existence. You must demonstrate its reality.
has science being able to demonstrate that something can come out of nothing? No. As far as evidences are concern it proves that there is God.
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by LordReed(m): 9:16pm On Mar 15, 2020
solite3:
has science being able to demonstrate that something can come out of nothing? No. As far as evidences are concern it proves that there is God.

Science has never claimed something came from nothing, that has always been you Christians claiming that.

Lack of evidence is is not proof of god. Bring proof of your god not illogical leaps of faith.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Mar 15, 2020
LordReed:

Science has never claimed something came from nothing, that has always been you Christians claiming that.

Lack of evidence is is not proof of god. Bring proof of your god not illogical leaps of faith.
prove to me the existence of atoms by using a light microscope
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by LordReed(m): 9:20pm On Mar 15, 2020
solite3:
prove to me the existence of atoms by using a light microscope

Prove to me the existence of your god with observable proofs.
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 21, 2020
LordReed:

Prove to me the existence of your god with observable proofs.
prove to me that atoms exist let me see it with my unaided eyes
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by LordReed(m): 4:30pm On Mar 21, 2020
solite3:

Prove to me your god exists with verifiable proofs.
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by budaatum: 2:42pm On Aug 13, 2020
solite3:
To be honest with you, solite3, I can not understand why you are not bothering to prove to yourself whether atoms exist or not even if you needed aids to see if they exist or not, but to be so lazy as to request that someone show atoms to a wilfully blind person who has no desire whatsoever to put in any work to learn to use their eyes better and see, is taking the biscuit!

You will laugh one day, be assured.
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 13, 2020
budaatum:

To be honest with you, solite3, I can not understand why you are not bothering to prove to yourself whether atoms exist or not even if you needed aids to see if they exist or not, but to be so lazy as to request that someone show atoms to a wilfully blind person who has no desire whatsoever to put in any work to learn to use their eyes better and see, is taking the biscuit!

You will laugh one day, be assured.
Budaatum, Jesus loves you, repent and believe on him.
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by budaatum: 6:04pm On Aug 13, 2020
solite3:

Budaatum, Jesus loves you, repent and believe on him.

budaatum:

And to make it worse they will claim the Bible they read told them they should not work despite very clearly being told otherwise!

Anyone following Christ who does not consider the "work being plenty" should seriously consider if they worship God through Christ with the Holy Spirit or something else.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12123514_notable01732_jpegeecf1f938bd2d33ab506e4b1267e89c7

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12123515_20200813171606150_jpeg_jpege2e2b5f06b867fc98b13ce58af7915b7
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 13, 2020
budaatum:

I didnt ask for these, I pray for God to open your eyes and bring you out from that darkness.
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by johnydon22(m): 1:59pm On Aug 22, 2020
Jozzy4:

Thats why he is God. If he needed something to make him exist, then he isn't.
Well, the premise of the argument is "everything requires a cause" and the only way to excuse God in view of that premise will be to invalidate the premise.

Let me illustrate with Key and padlock ... U will call that a design ? Now compare the human sex organs and tell me its not a design
I'm sorry but this says nothing about how one can recognize design, which is my question

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Jozzy4: 9:51am On Oct 07, 2020
johnydon22:
Well, the premise of the argument is "everything requires a cause" and the only way to excuse God in view of that premise will be to invalidate the premise.

I'm sorry but this says nothing about how one can recognize design, which is my question

It's says nothing ??

Do u recognize a key and padlock as designs ??
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by johnydon22(m): 7:33pm On Oct 07, 2020
Jozzy4:

It's says nothing ??
Yes. it says nothing.

Do u recognize a key and padlock as designs ??
Of course that I recognize them as design speaks to elements that constitute design and that is my question.

What are the things you observe in key and padlock that informs you that they were designed? How do you recognize design?
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Tboyfrosh123(m): 8:55pm On Oct 07, 2020
budaatum:

Its called confirmation bias. You want what you believe to be true so you believe it and its true.

Tempts me to ask how old you are. I know a five year old who would tell you aren't reasoning right.
OK so please can you explain
why there is no God

pls pls pls am begging you accept Jesus tommorow may be too late

pls been an atheist is like been stupid

even Albert Einstein the smartest man on earth accept there is God so what more of you who your cerebrum isn't up to quarter if his

pls
been an atheist won't take you anywhere

there is life after death pls
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Tboyfrosh123(m): 8:59pm On Oct 07, 2020
LordReed:

you been alive today is God

you able to move is God

you able to speak is God

there are so many things God is doing for you everything can't be explained finish pls accept Christ

there is hell fire and heaven
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by LordReed(m): 9:11pm On Oct 07, 2020
Tboyfrosh123:
you been alive today is God

you able to move is God

you able to speak is God

there are so many things God is doing for you everything can't be explained finish pls accept Christ

there is hell fire and heaven

Yeah, well good luck with that. LMAO!
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Tboyfrosh123(m): 9:24pm On Oct 07, 2020
LordReed:

Yeah, well good luck with that. LMAO!
pls this is not a matter of your stupid LMAO God created you for a purpose pls don't allow that stupid evolution get into your head pls been an atheist is like been in the dark

for example when you are blind you won't be able to see how really things look then the doctor operates on you then you could see again won't you be happy to see how things really look? yeah you would be extremely happy that what God wants for all his followers

in my illustration the doctor am saying is Jesus Christ accept Jesus in your life now
pls repent
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by LordReed(m): 1:28am On Oct 08, 2020
Tboyfrosh123:
pls this is not a matter of your stupid LMAO God created you for a purpose pls don't allow that stupid evolution get into your head pls been an atheist is like been in the dark

for example when you are blind you won't be able to see how really things look then the doctor operates on you then you could see again won't you be happy to see how things really look? yeah you would be extremely happy that what God wants for all his followers

in my illustration the doctor am saying is Jesus Christ accept Jesus in your life now
pls repent

[img]https://media1./images/ce36b421ade24aa771808d658bf9aff3/tenor.gif?itemid=11551560[/img]

1 Like

Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Gilbertkwabena(m): 2:40am On Oct 08, 2020
I believe there is God, the one who created all things my premise is that nothing can exist without something acting to bring it to existence, even science supports this.

I believe from my observation of the material universe that the creator must have intelligence because for example man which is very complex cannot be by accident but by a delibrate design.

what do you think?

VERY SIMPLE ANSWER REPLY TO UR WRITE UP... UR LOGIC HAS FAILED U ALREADY, U SAID U BLV "NOTHING" CAN EXIST WITHOUT SOMETHING ACTING TO BRING IT INTO EXISTENCE.... THE SAME LOGIC APPLIES TO UR GOD(JEHOVAH OR ALLAH)... WHO BROUGHT HIM TO EXISTENCE SINCE "NOTHING" I REPEAT THE "NOTHING" CAN EXIST WITHOUT BEING CREATED?

2 Likes

Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by budaatum: 11:39am On Oct 08, 2020
Tboyfrosh123:
OK so please can you explain why there is no God. pls pls pls am begging you accept Jesus tommorow may be too late
I doubt you read the thread as much as I doubt you read the Bible, and I think you are very young and only just starting on your journey of discovery. Below is a gift to help you on your way. The Lord God Almighty will be your guide.

budaatum:
Download free copy of ESV in audio

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11514526_notable02251_jpeg9644633f25fabfb7cc4599eb3e433e47

Tboyfrosh123:

even Albert Einstein the smartest man on earth accept there is God so what more of you who your cerebrum isn't up to quarter if his

pls
When you've downloaded it, please go to [url=https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+18%3A9-14&version=KJV]Luke 18:9-14[/url] and learn from Christ why not to do what you did above. It isn't what those who understand Jesus Christ would do.

Also, read the Parable of the Orangutan to see where it went.

Tboyfrosh123:
For this you have no evidence and should resist bearing false witness. You might have read it in a book but have not tested its validity yet, and you are most definitely not preaching the doctrine of 'belief' to buda!
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by DeusXmachina: 6:03pm On Oct 08, 2020
Tboyfrosh123:
OK so please can you explain
why there is no God

pls pls pls am begging you accept Jesus tommorow may be too late

pls

I see a lot of Christians bring up Einstein and how he talked about God.

First Einstein was not a Christian, and he didn't believe in Jesus and an afterlife.

Second Einstein's view of God was more synonymous with God being the universe itself, or a more of pantheistic deist God, which already contradicts the biblical view of God.

If you didn't strawman all atheists in your head already and tried to find out what most believe, you'd discover that majority are agnostic.

They don't deny the possibility of a God's existence, just that they don't believe in any religion's claims, stories and their gods.

The same way you want us to believe in Jesus so as to saved, that's how a Muslim wants you to believe in Allah, so that you can be saved, and how the Hindu wants you to believe in Vishnu to be saved.
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Judybash93(m): 12:55am On Oct 09, 2020
I believe based on God's word.
because God is not subject to the physical laws, you can only know him on its own terms.

How did you come to the conclusion that those words are from God and not just men trying to impose their believes on people?
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Judybash93(m): 1:02am On Oct 09, 2020
I would love to know the truth of it but If already knew the truth, I will dismiss it as false

It is not just my belief but the reality. look up at the heavens and you will know there is God.
The bible speaks the truth, even before I read the bible I knew there was a being that made all things and when I read the bible it gave me answers.
Try it also

Can you point out the truths you are talking about sir?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prayer Meeting With TB Joshua's son Wiseman Daniel at Velodrome, Abuja / Christianity Is The Only Religion Of Peace / Why Don't Catholics Pray "in" The Name Of Jesus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.