Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,459 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:26 AM

Can God Forgive Satan - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can God Forgive Satan (2098 Views)

Why Are The Dead Taken To Church For Prayers; Does God Forgive Sins After Death? / Will GOD Forgive A Wicked Man/Woman Who Has Killed So Many Innocent People? / If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can God Forgive Satan by MrPresident1: 9:43pm On Aug 18, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Satan is an ex-messenger of God

Job 2:1 where it says "sons of God" has nothing whatsoever to do with angels, the otherwise types known to be celestial beings

The "sons of God" are human beings, who happened to be actual sons of Job, but described the same way and/or similar manner their father, Job was described in Job 1:3, as the greatest of all sons of God from the East. It was these seven sons of Job, not celestial beings, that presented themselves as per their family custom/tradition before the Lord and Satan came along to rear an ugly and sinister head

Anathema!
Re: Can God Forgive Satan by MuttleyLaff: 9:49pm On Aug 18, 2019
MrPresident1:
Anathema!
Charlatan!
Wee yu kip kwayet there, or I'll expose your ignoranus arse
Re: Can God Forgive Satan by TruthinAction: 9:58pm On Aug 18, 2019
mysticwarrior:
If the devil decide to repent and ask God for forgive, would God still forgive him?

There is no redemption for angels. And the devil doesn't repent.
Re: Can God Forgive Satan by MuttleyLaff: 10:03pm On Aug 18, 2019
mysticwarrior:
If the devil decide to repent and ask God for forgive, would God still forgive him?
Yes, if the devil does decide to repent and ask God for forgiveness, God wouldnt hesistate to forgive, but unfortunately the devil has a grim determination to do or die and take as many souls as is possible, down with the devil.
Re: Can God Forgive Satan by Shepherd00: 7:50am On Aug 19, 2019
mysticwarrior:
First ask satan if he is remorseful for what he did and is still doing.

1 Like

Re: Can God Forgive Satan by Shepherd00: 7:51am On Aug 19, 2019
Olujames3020:
Hmmm this the question I have being asking and I haven't gotten a satisfactory or empirical response that applies to human reasoning.
Putting differently, if God is merciful and gracious. will Satan be forgiven if he sincerely repents?
That's because human reason is stupid when it comes to godly matters.

1 Like

Re: Can God Forgive Satan by Shepherd00: 7:56am On Aug 19, 2019
MrPresident1:

Satan is a messenger of God, he does as he is told by God.
Sad how people are so dead in thinking. The person who liked this post is like an idol worshiper.

The Lord says the idols and those who worship it are dead.

How can someone say satan is working for God and you liked the stupid comment?

2 Likes

Re: Can God Forgive Satan by Shepherd00: 7:57am On Aug 19, 2019
MrPresident1:

I prefer KJV

Revelation 12:7-10
7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

A composite understanding of the Bible is needed to understand the nature of satan as a messenger of God. Satan is a seducer, if you allow him to seduce you, he embodies you and you embody him, you become one and the same with him.
What have you said now? And that stupid fellow liked your comment again.

1 Like

Re: Can God Forgive Satan by Shepherd00: 8:00am On Aug 19, 2019
MrPresident1:

Angel means messenger, angels are the sons of God

Job 2:1
Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the Lord.

Origin

Old English engel, ultimately via ecclesiastical Latin from Greek angelos ‘messenger’; superseded in Middle English by forms from Old French angele
Pls proof that all the wickedness unleashed on earth by satan and his agents is sponsored by God, since satan is working for God.

1 Like

Re: Can God Forgive Satan by Shepherd00: 8:08am On Aug 19, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Charlatan! Wee yu kip kwayet there, or I'll expose your ignoranus arse
The guy eh.
Re: Can God Forgive Satan by mysticwarrior(m): 5:25pm On Aug 19, 2019
TruthinAction:

There is no redemption for angels. And the devil doesn't repent.
you are right.

1 Like

Re: Can God Forgive Satan by mysticwarrior(m): 5:28pm On Aug 19, 2019
Shepherd00:

Sad how people are so dead in thinking. The person who liked this post is like an idol worshiper.

The Lord says the idols and those who worship it are dead.

How can someone say satan is working for God and you liked the stupid comment?

I was equally shocked when I saw that post, how can the devil be a messenger of God.
Re: Can God Forgive Satan by Shepherd00: 7:41pm On Aug 19, 2019
mysticwarrior:
I was equally shocked when I saw that post, how can the devil be a messenger of God.
I'm just tired. and someone liked it.
Re: Can God Forgive Satan by Nobody: 5:01am On Aug 27, 2019
mysticwarrior:
that is not the answer to my question, the bible made us to understand that God is merciful, 1 john 1:9
"But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness" my question is will God forgive and cleans the devil from his wickedness if he confess and repent?
salvation is not meant for demons, Christ didnt die for them.
Re: Can God Forgive Satan by Xpress24(m): 6:08am On Aug 27, 2019
mysticwarrior:
that is not the answer to my question, the bible made us to understand that God is merciful, 1 john 1:9
"But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness" my question is will God forgive and cleans the devil from his wickedness if he confess and repent?
it is only humans that enjoys such prividlege.d devil is an arch enemy of God and his creation,he n other angels dat took side with him were judged right when they were thrown down.he cannot repent.the bible passage above refers to us not the devil.
Re: Can God Forgive Satan by Xpress24(m): 6:14am On Aug 27, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

WELL LET ME DRAW THE CURTAINS, THERE WAS NO SLAVERY. THERE WAS NO EXODUS. THERE IS NO RECORD FOR SUCH AN EVENT OUTSIDE THE BIBLE.
THE MODERN DAY ISRAELITES DISOWNED THIS "HISTORY", AND HAVE APOLOGIZED TO THE EGYPTIANS FOR THIS FAKE AND RIDICULOUS ACCUSATION. THEY HAVE MOVED ON. ONLY DUMB AND GULLIBLE NIGERIANS WHO DON'T KNOW THEIR FATHERS' HISTORY CLAIM TESTIMONIES WITH THE HISTORY OF A FOREIGN CULTURE.

I DON'T HATE YOUR GOD. IT'S NOT POSSIBLE THAT I HATE SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T EXIST.
WHEN I HATE, I HATE THE GOD IDEAS MADE UP BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU, WHO THINK EVERY MAN ALIVE IS OBLIGATED TO BOW TO IT.
u are doom already,by the way are you an egyptian?
Re: Can God Forgive Satan by CAPSLOCKED: 10:25am On Aug 27, 2019
Xpress24:

u are doom already,by the way are you an egyptian?

YOU THAT IS NOT DOOMED, WHAT ARE YOUR ACHIEVEMENTS IN LIFE SO FAR?
Re: Can God Forgive Satan by Kobojunkie: 4:11am On Dec 09, 2023
mysticwarrior:
Forgjve Satan for what exactly? Did God state that Satan erred against Him? If yes, where? If no, why do you conclude God needs go forgive Satan? undecided
Re: Can God Forgive Satan by Kobojunkie: 4:12am On Dec 09, 2023
mysticwarrior:
Forgjve Satan for what exactly? Did God state that Satan erred against Him? If yes, where? If no, why do you conclude Satan has sins to repent of? lipsrsealed
Re: Can God Forgive Satan by mysticwarrior(m): 9:42am On Dec 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Forgjve Satan for what exactly? Did God state that Satan erred against Him? If yes, where? If no, why do you conclude Satan has sins to repent of? lipsrsealed
According to the book of Revelation 12 vs 7 to 10, the devil waged war in heaven and was thrown down to earth, his sin was waging war in heaven.
Re: Can God Forgive Satan by Kobojunkie: 4:12pm On Dec 09, 2023
mysticwarrior:
■ According to the book of Revelation 12 vs 7 to 10, the devil waged war in heaven and was thrown down to earth, his sin was waging war in heaven.
So, you are one of those who also attempt literal comprehension of detail presented in vision format? lipsrsealed

His sin? Are you certain it is his sin or what you wish is his sin in this case? I don't recall reading anywhere in Scripture of God giving law that a vision about a character waging war against heaven implies the character represented has sinned against him. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Does God Write Names In The Book Of Life? / The Secret Identities Behind Tb Joshua Watch? / Hell and Heaven Visitors: Do They See Peopie Of Other Religion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.