Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Why Do People Change - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do People Change (362 Views)

Answer To Why People Change When They Get Abroad. / Why Do People Lie About Their Age? / Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do People Change by BalogunIdowu(m): 8:10pm On Aug 17, 2019
Change according to Merriam Webster means "to become different". Under this scope I'll be focusing on people's character or perhaps nature.
Over the years, I have seen people who have changed from being of good character to something else or vice versa. Being of good character in this context crosses across a host of things and not based particularly on the premise like society, religion, ethnicity and or personality.A common saying "change is constant" and it is an underlying factor here. However, it's always secondary to other things which will be highlighted succinctly.

PRETENCE: I'll describe pretending as hiding in ones shadow or presenting oneself as a silhouette while hiding the true self and nature. There could be series of reasons for this which includes fear if the people one lived with, avoiding rejection or being odd out, wanting to feel among to mention a few. Pretence for me could be a saving maneuver in situations that seems not to be safe. However, it should not be an embodiment of our everyday nature like putting on a kimono of disguise. Truth be told, pretence cannot last forever because at a point, we are tired of being fake and or taking over by our true self unconsciously.Pretence in most cases is always in the bad side. To avoid people being aware if the unacceptable things we do or because of something needed from someone (relate this commonly between a man and woman). The only economic advantage I can relate from this is that it can be very in few cased help an individual continue such a lifestyle which is a function of the self-will the person had initially. I have seen people change in a while on meeting them which is a function of some of the points being discussed.

INFLUENCE: The power of influence particularly on the weak and or people that are poor in making decisions. They are easily influenced by their peers , environment and a lot of things that surrounds them. This kind of people can change easily withing few days. As much as they may seem good, if they can't differentiate between good and evil. They'll be trapped in the closet (remember that song by R. kelly?). As much as sometimes, our peers may be unable to change us because of our self strictness, but believe me we'll pick up few things up naturally from them. Believe me even as small as insignificant it may seems like a slang. Thank me later if you have been through the same.
SELF-WILL: There's a common phenomenon known as FOMO "Fear Of Missing Out". At other instances, we actually feel we are the ones out of the chain and want to join the train. If it's a good train, why not and if it's the other side, please you'll fine without them. Just with esteem, determination, and being firm with self-will, then we're good to go.Change is not a bad thing if it's on the positive side and for the good reasons too. It's better to be disliked for whom we are than to be trusted for the double faced person we tend to be. I hope you enjoyed reading and quite helpful. Until next time...

https://balogunidowu./2019/08/17/why-do-people-change/

BALOGUN IDOWU ISMAHEEL
indigenousGenius
Medicine and surgery, 400L
LASU

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Change by donbachi(m): 8:47pm On Aug 17, 2019
They identified their weaknesses and magnified their strenghts

(1) (Reply)

How To Become A Popular Musician And Make Money On Your Song For Free / Richest Pastors Not Translating To Richest Churches / Study Claims 33% Women Go On Dates With Men To Eat Free Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.