Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,104 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

Rebirth - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Rebirth (17649 Views)

Rebirth Of The Heavenly Empress / Oke's Rebirth / ​Where Is The Third Answer?- A Review Of Juliana Olayode's (Toyo's) 'Rebirth' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rebirth by tracyberry(f): 11:19pm On Aug 17, 2019
Hi guys though this isn't my first story but due to a lot of unforeseen circumstances I couldn't finish the first one but I have dedicated a lot of time into this story, it's a fictional story so enjoy, criticism is highly welcomed.
Re: Rebirth by tracyberry(f): 11:21pm On Aug 17, 2019
Rebirth episode 1
"Was it a dream, where am I? How the Bleep am I still alive, what happened to the boys?

My name is Nami I'm 22yrs old, I was born into a family of 9 , that includes my parents, we were seven siblings, five girls two boys and I'm the first child, growing up from a poor home in the street, I was left with the responsibility of taking care of my siblings, my mom neglected her duty as a mother and went after men, my poor dad couldn't do anything because he was crippled during a street fight , he felt guilty of leaving the responsibility of the family to me and my mom since he was unable to walk.
Growing up from the street I had experience in fights cause we lived in Ajegunle, one of the worst ghettos in Lagos, one had to do anything in order to survive, my dad became a cripple when I was ten years old, he was shot on his way home from work, the street was cold with silence only the noises of bottles, metals and guns could be heard, back then there was constant fighting each day which resulted to loss of lives but it didn't change anything, youngsters fought everyday in order to show heresy and dominance, different gangs came to claim supremacy over the street and while their fight was ongoing, the army came to intervene but seeing the defiant attitude of the youngsters, they shot them, some were injured and carried away, some died due to loss of blood while some escaped, my dad was among the injured victims he was shot thrice on his legs because he was suspected to be one of the street thugs, after a long explanation, he was allowed to go home after being convicted for a week. That fight led to a disaster which destroyed my family, my mom grew tired of taking care of my siblings and my dad, she would constantly complain about how useless my dad was and how burdensome it was to shoulder the responsibility of the family as the breadwinner, sometimes she would beat the living hell out of myself and my siblings to relieve her anger, she gave us very little food and when any one of my siblings complained of hunger she would get upset, flogging them with extension wires or belt after which he or she would be locked in the toilet, soon after that she started bringing different men home, my dad never complained because he felt guilty for leaving the burden of the family to my mom and one day.......... my mom left home with a rich guy. even though my father pleaded with her to stay at least for the sake of her kids but she refused and left anyway I will never forget her words she said "we were burden to her and she never considered us her kids". After she left I dropped out of school and started working even though I was still a kid back then I was 12yrs old, I was a diligent kid whom my dad was boastful of but after my mom left us and ran away with another guy, my dad started drinking, I could only work for money to use in feeding my dad and siblings, I was paid daily due to the situation of my family, I ran errands for people irrespective of the type of errand and was always rewarded with money, my siblings continued schooling in a public school where education was free, funny enough even though it says free education the teachers always make the students pay unecessary fees, the teachers came to school when they felt like it and would abuse the kids physically if they failed to bring the money requested by them, my sisters were scared of being caned so I worked hard to pay for any requirement demanded by the teachers. The money I worked for could only take care of our feeding, we couldn't afford money for our needs but soon after I became an errand girl, I was able to buy little clothes and other necessities for my siblings, most times I gave my dad the money but he spent it all on alcohol, drinking and crying everyday for my mom's return, I would beg him to stop crying while I looked after him but his attitude grew worse, he would beat me if I hid money from him, sometimes he made me sleep outside at night as punishment, one day I was setup by some of the street thugs and got raped at the age of 14, that day I couldn't go home because I was bleeding profusely, weak and helpless I lay in the corner till morning before going home, even though it was painful I felt a little bit of relief because they gave me money after having fun with my body, when I got home my dad scolded me and took the money, he didn't bother with my health or the well-being of my siblings, I told him what happened but he didn't show any concern instead he blamed me for seducing the guys, Just when I thought the worst was over, my dad began to harass me sexually, it felt like hell on earth he would call me into his room at night and ask me to strip, at first I was reluctant to do so but he threatened to kill me if I refused, he made me stroke his penis while he made a disgusting sound, sometimes I would use my mouth to suck him off after which he played with my body, I was made a mere object who brought home money for him to drink and satisfied him sexually, my hatred for men increased and I vowed to protect myself, I began working out, told some of the street guys to train me I was taught how use knife and other dangerous weapons, I killed my father when I was 15yr by poison and took the responsibility of protecting my siblings though I planned a painful death for him but nonetheless he is my father so poisoned him as my last respect for him.
When I was 18 i involved myself more in the dangerous activities of the street, I sold hard drugs like cocaine, marijuana, Indian hemp to the thugs in different areas, I sometimes joined in the street fights because I was pretty good with knives and guns, for the survival of my siblings I involved myself in dirty business but things went south when I murdered the leader of Aro baggers in my street.
When I was 22yrs old, i was pretty popular because of my work, I was known as the silent killer though I think it's an exaggeration but I always got my job done, I was working under the leader of the Aro baggers as an errand girl, I killed people if seen as a threat, sold drugs, even weapons I also helped clean their mess if there was a fight, I did it because I was paid pretty well. One day the boss called me into his room and tried to sleep with me, I refused but he wanted to force his way, I screamed for help but none came and I fought with him, even though I was a woman I had the physical strength of a man and an opportunity came to escape when I saw a dagger in the table close to his bed, I pushed him away from me with all my strength and grabbed the dagger, he came at me again thinking I was too afraid to use the dagger and I stabbed him in his chest, seeing there is no going back I continuously stabbed him till he died. The floor was filled with his blood, I panicked as I thought of a way to escape before his boys notice the situation, I searched the room and saw three gun already loaded with bullets I took the guns and the dagger along in case I ran out of bullets, I planned to run away with my siblings because escaping without them will endanger their lives, I left through the back door and ran straight home, while going home I met some of boss boys around an incompleted building smoking, they hailed me and I reciprocated to avoid suspicion, while close to the house, I heard gunshots, it was a signal that there was a fight going on and the Aro baggers should all come out, I saw it as an opportunity which will distract the boys giving me enough time to escape, when I got home I gathered my siblings and explained the situation to them, while we were still packing our stuffs, we heard gunshot in front of the house, I thought it was my imagination due to fear but it became clear when I heard the voice of the Aro baggers chanting their cult orientation.

Leader : Aro mate
Everyone : Aro
Everyone : Aro
Leader : S Cess oh
Everyone : bloody
Leader : ayi querere
Everyone : Fire
Aro rugged mate 4 for it was capped that
Praise no executional until is able to executive, praise no pilot until is able to pilot the ship to Iceland, praise no strike chief until he delivers the skulls of bastards.
Also praise no jarman until he gives account of his sailing days..... Aro mate anyeee
Everyone : Anyeee oooh
Leader : Bring her out here, be careful she is one crafty serpent.

I took a peek and saw some of guys coming to the door with guns in their hands I wanted to shoot but I couldn't defend myself with my siblings beside me the fear of them getting hit by bullets made me give up the, men came in and took me outside with my hands up, they took my siblings along while I pleaded with them to let them go, I was mercilessly beaten by some of them, it was obvious that they found out I murdered the boss, before my eyes my siblings were slaughtered one after the other while I kept pleading with blood all over my nose and mouth, I couldn't cry, I wanted to believe it was a nightmare as they slit their throat before my eyes, I was covered in blood while I kept screaming one of the higher-rank thug pointed a gun at me and shot me thrice in my head before I closed my eyes I prayed that in my next life, "I won't suffer like I did, I will be born in a rich family where all my needs are provided, even though I knew I was gonna die, I was desperate to live and if I'm reborn I will surely protect my love ones".

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rebirth by tracyberry(f): 12:39am On Aug 18, 2019
Rebirth episode 2

I slowly opened my eyes as I found myself in a big bed, I had a lot of questions in mind but there was no one to ask, where am I? Who brought me here? What happened to my injuries?. I saw myself in a big hospital, it was fancy though it would have been difficult to tell it was a hospital if not for the smell of drugs (my nose is quite sensitive), the drip, the injections on the table and the patient gown I wore, I kept thinking how I got there, "Who could have brought me to a big fancy hospital as this, what happened to my siblings? I stood up and went to the bathroom there was a standing mirror in there when I looked in the mirror I went numb for some seconds, I saw a different face starring at the mirror and it got pretty weird when I began to recall the memories of the person whose body I was in, I thought to myself "who is this? What happened to my face and body, was it surgery how come I look this pretty? And why am I recalling a different memory of this person whose body am in.
I stopped believing in God when my dad became a cripple, I didn't believe in magic or superstition I only believed in myself but switching bodies with someone is impossible or so I thought....... so how did this happen? I took a deep breath and tried to recall what is going on and I began to recall the girl's memories "She is from a wealthy home where her dad is the CEO of an oil company, he owned a lot of oil companies in different states and countries, he was also a car dealer while her mom was a renowned lawyer, they had three kids and she was the last born, she was spoiled since her childhood so she acted like a delinquent, lavishing her parent's money, moving with bad company which always got her in trouble, at the end she was setup by her friends she led to her death".
After recalling that much I didn't know what to do or how to react to the situation, I heard voices coming from the room and so I decided to go back in when I opened the door, I saw two nurses, a male doctor, a man and woman, a part of me recalled the man and woman to be the girl's parent, they dressed simple but nice, looking pretty young like they were in their 20s, from their reaction I could tell they were astonished to see me, while I stood there staring at them, with tears in the woman's eyes she said.........

Woman : I knew my daughter will survive, I knew my God is merciful, **she walks towards me and held my face while tears rolled down her cheeks** Baby are you okay? do you feel pain anywhere?

As her hands wonder around body as if she was checking my health, her worried eyes kept shedding tears but the doctor came close and reassured her with his words. While they spoke I recalled my past how my mom maltreated me and my siblings because of food, part of me was happy that the girl's mom was worried about me but another part of me was scared of being caught, I couldn't say a word as my mind went blank, I just starred at her.

Doctor : I have to say, it's a miracle how she recovered, I can't even explain how it happened since she was unconscious for three months
**When the doctor said that, I was shocked cause it felt like it was just few minutes ago when the incident with the Aro baggers occurred, I couldn't imagine being unconscious in the girl's body for three months, I didn't know if to call a favor from God since I was reincarnated into the body of a girl who had it all or a curse which reminded me of my painful past but I decided to go with the flow since there's nothing I can do about it and anyway..........maybe I can try to live a happy life in this body. One of the nurses gave the doctor a file report as he read the report and spoke to the couples about the situation.

Doctor : Even though she lost a lot of blood and stayed unconscious for three month she didn't show any sign of brain damage, but they may be a case of retrograde amnesia though it is temporary with time she will slowly recall her memories back.
Mom : she just survived the accident now she has to go through a painful thing *she turns to me* Is that why you couldn't say anything, baby can't you remember your momma?
*tears freely flow down her cheeks as she talked to me, a part of me felt sympathy for her and couldn't watch her cry for her daughter whose body I'm in so I decided from then on to make her happy, even though my mom left my family when I was still a kid, this is a different case, my life will be different.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rebirth by enm(m): 5:59am On Aug 18, 2019
Interesting plot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rebirth by tracyberry(f): 10:17am On Aug 18, 2019
enm:
Interesting plot

Thanks criticism is also welcomed, makes me better in what I do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rebirth by yewande1234(f): 11:39am On Aug 18, 2019
I pray u finish this story oooo cos me I don't want another half story like ur previous one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rebirth by Ann2012(f): 12:22pm On Aug 18, 2019
Well done OP

Following

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rebirth by Emex100(m): 1:27pm On Aug 18, 2019
op how was your lead character able to remember about herself and the face of the person she now own?

where did her strength came from considering the fact that she has been in bed for 3 month

following though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rebirth by tracyberry(f): 2:41pm On Aug 18, 2019
yewande1234:
I pray u finish this story oooo cos me I don't want another half story like ur previous one

Lol don't worry I will finish it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rebirth by tracyberry(f): 2:42pm On Aug 18, 2019
Emex100:
op how was your lead character able to remember about herself and the face of the person she now own?

where did her strength came from considering the fact that she has been in bed for 3 month

following though

It's a first person narrative and a fictional story, read on and you will understand it better

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rebirth by tracyberry(f): 11:42pm On Aug 18, 2019
Rebirth episode 3

After much talk with the doctor they paid the hospital bills and we left together for home, when she told me "let's go home" my heart sank in despair as I remembered my siblings but I waved the feelings off as I thought of my new life, it didn't matter what happened in the past because from now on I will live my life with no regrets, when we came out of the building, the environment was clean, quiet and luxurious they were big buildings everywhere it was the first time I saw a lot of big buildings in one area, having grown up in Ajegunle in a rugged area, they had few big buildings which were very old like they would collapse any time while some were business centers.
Having acknowledged the woman as my new mom I held her hand as she took me with her into a Lexus car, it was my first time entering a car, in my previous life I could only boast of entering taxi as a fancy ride, the rest were Danfo and bikes, It was cool inside because of the AC and it had a nice scent. I felt a warmth in my heart as dad drove the car, mom couldn't stop smiling I understood her smile since I knew the previous owner of this body never treated her parents with love or respect, she blamed them for her misfortunes when she always acted like a coward.
Dad drove to a big gate, after honking his horn for some seconds the gate was opened and he drove inside. When I came down from the car I thought I was in heaven it was beautifully designed, they had a garage where cars were parked, they had three cars that included the one which he drove us with from the hospital. There was a beautiful garden and a water fountain in it's middle.
When we got inside I discovered I had my own room, it was big, spacious and luxurious, the former owner of the body wore skimpy clothes, mini skirt and gown, I felt uncomfortable in them so I requested for money to change my wardrobe.
Mom explained to me that I had two other siblings though I knew of it since I remembered the girl's past but I just nodded to go with the flow, they were schooling outside the country, while I was still in high school in my final year (ss3), the thought of going back to school excited me since I dreamt of becoming a professional lawyer in my past life but I couldn't fulfill my dream back then because of my family's condition, it's a different situation now since I have been given a second chance to make good use of my life but the problem was that I'm a final year high school student, even though I wanted to go back to school, I wished to start from my first year since I dropped out of school when I was primary 5. I couldn't get myself to tell them that I wanna repeat high school from the ss1 either way I went to their room to have the conversation with them.
It was 7am in the morning I couldn't sleep last night as I planned how to live my life, the other day mom told me I will resume school next week since they will be writing test soon and it's first term, since then I have been bothered by it, I yearn for education but I want more than I can get so I went to their room in the morning, when I got to the door I knocked and my mom came to open the door, she was already getting ready for work that morning, she was surprised to see me and so she asked me what was wrong and the following conversation took place.

Mom : Baby what's wrong? Are you hungry or are you finding it difficult to sleep?
*Even though I stayed up all night I couldn't tell her that so she wouldn't worry too much about me*
Me : No mom, it's fine I just wanted to have a word with you and dad.
Mom : Alright come in **Their room was pretty big and spacious with a king size bed, it was decorated with a lot of white features, the curtain was white, the bed sheet, it was painted white with an art design on the wall, I went in and sat on the bed as they both sat on my sides.
Me : Mom I wanna talk to you guys about my school, since I was unconscious for three months I have lagged behind in my studies and being a final year student in high school I will be writing waec soon not to talk about the fact that I need to prepare for college, perhaps I could go for tutorial to help me in my studies.

They both sat there dumbfounded staring at me for a few minutes before my mom started crying, I was shocked and confused I thought maybe I was requesting for too much, I quickly apologized so I won't be seen as a greedy child.

Me : I'm sorry, I'm sorry, if it is too much for you to handle please forgive me I won't request for anything.
Dad : ***He drew closer to me as he spoke, he held my hand with a broad smile on his face*** that's not the problem my dear, up until now you never came to talk to us neither did you take your studies seriously but now you are even talking about getting into the university, we're very happy and proud of you.
Mom : Baby this is tear of Happiness and joy, seeing my daughter talk to us and even discuss about her studies, I'm very happy ***she hugged me tightly as she cried, my dad came closer and held us, I felt relief and glad, this was the first time I felt so much joy in my heart and warmth.
Mom : Baby Whatever you wish for we will gladly give to you so take care of yourself okay?
***I nodded in agreement and went back to my room.**

The week went by quickly as Monday came, I dressed up for school and my mom drove me to school, when we got into the school building I saw a lot of students dressed in white and wine colored, just from their dressing you can tell their parents were big shots, when I came down from the car, I discovered a lot of eyes were staring at me, I had no idea why but I cared less.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rebirth by bfawzie(m): 9:52am On Aug 19, 2019
Thanks, o.p. for the update.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rebirth by Ann2012(f): 10:09am On Aug 19, 2019
I hope she'll be able to cope in the new Sch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rebirth by moseph(f): 10:25am On Aug 19, 2019
Nice one o.p.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rebirth by tracyberry(f): 9:54pm On Aug 19, 2019
Rebirth episode 4

When I came down from the car I noticed a lot of eyes were on me, they stared at me like I was a peasant. My mom took me to the staff office there was a lot of teachers there, they dressed so decent and professional like bankers, each with his own space which was neat and tidy unlike the public school where I schooled in my previous life, the teachers had one big table with chairs round it, the principal was the only one who had a separate table and office.
My mom took me to a lady who was busy operating a system, when she saw us she smiled broadly as she stood up to greet us.

Female teacher : Good morning ma
Mom : Good morning sarah, how are you?
Female teacher : I'm fine, thank you. **she looked at me still smiling** Angel I'm glad you're Okay, recalling the incident still gives me chill.
Mom : That is why I'm here, you might have heard already that she was unconscious for three months which affected her studies and the doctor says she has retrograde amnesia, so please help her if she needs any assistance.
Female teacher : okay ma.
Mom : Baby I will be going to work now I'm already late, take care and if you need anything, meet her okay? ***I nodded in response**

My mom left and the female teacher took me to class, I learned I was in the art department which made things easier for me, the students quickly went to their seats when they saw her coming, when we got to class all eyes were fixed on me as they murmured.

Female Teacher : you all already know Angel and the terrible accident that happened to her, please try to be friends with her and help her with her studies, where is the perfect? **A tall, fair guy stood up, it would have been difficult to tell he was a high school student if not for his uniform, I noticed the way girls stared at him, I still had a deep hatred for men even though things were different, I never spoke to my dad unless mom was there, whenever I was with him, he reminded me of my heartless dad from my past life which made me keep my distance, I had one goal that was to get to the top**

Perfect : Yes MA?
Female teacher : Help her with your notes, keep her dated and assist her in anyway you can.
Prefect : Okay ma.
***He sat down and I was told to find a seat, judging from their stares I knew no one wanted me to seat with them so I went to the back and sat down, the teacher was against it, she tried to put me in the front roll but I insisted on seating there and she gave up. After class, she left while I was arranging my stuff some group of girls came to me.

Girl 1 : Hey cutie, long time Bella wants to see you.
**Bella is their leader, they moved in a group of four, Bella's parents are politicians. She is a spoilt brat who thinks she can do as she pleases because she got the money, she bullied the previous owner of this body who couldn't do anything because she was scared of Bella, she made her do embarrassing things to please her, but things are different now***
I didn't reply them, I focused on arranging my notes, everyone were looking to see the outcome of the event, they were surprised when I didn't reply the girls. The girls got furious when they noticed some people laughing at them.

Girl 1: stupid bitch are you deaf or did the accident affect your brain?
Girl 2 : why are you still talking to her, she is probably too scared to say a word, let's drag her out and teach her a lesson.
**While they were ranting all sorts of insults I remembered my previous life and I thought "These little girls were probably still sucking their mother's breast when I gun people down as an assignment" remembering my past life made me smile and when one of the girls noticed my facial expression, she threw my books on the floor before she could say a word, I dragged her by her hair and slammed her face on the desk while everyone were still watching, they were shocked by my action and I told her......

Me : You have ten seconds to pick those books before I hospitalize you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rebirth by ashatoda: 10:13pm On Aug 19, 2019
This will be sweet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rebirth by tracyberry(f): 11:16pm On Aug 20, 2019
Rebirth episode 5

I dragged her by her hair and slammed her face on the desk while everyone were still watching, everyone were shocked by my action as I said to her......
Me : you have ten seconds to pick those books before I hospitalize you.
It attracted students passing by and before long student gathered to watch, the girl tried to free herself from my grip but it was all in vain, she kept struggle which got me upset as I held her hair tightly which made her scream in pain, I grabbed her to the ground and she picked the books and kept it back on the desk before I freed her from my grip, they were pretty embarrassed when they saw the crowd watching and they threatened me as a way to save their face before they left.

Girl 1 : I went easy on you because of your health condition but you acted like a stupid bitch in order to gain attention, the next time I see you, I will make you wish you never recovered from the accident.
Girl 2 : Let's go before the teachers come.
Girl 1 : Don't touch me, you couldn't do anything while she dragged my hair like an animal
Girl 3 : let's go, Bella must be waiting for us.

When they left, people went back to their various classes while talking about the incident, I noticed a particular girl who was tall, dark, curvy and very pretty. She winked at me before going out, I felt weirded out but waved the feeling off as I focused on making notes. The bell rang and students went out for break, Seeing everyone going out I saw it as an opportunity to be alone in class and study, I approached the class prefect for his notes even though I was facing the direction of the window, I could feel eyes glaring at me with bad intentions. When we spoke I realized he only had good looks, his attitude was terrible, but yet girls lurked around him.

Me : Excuse me prefect, Can I have your Government note?
Prefect : Don't you know my name? I know I'm the perfect but I prefer you call me by my name
Me : I'm sorry but I don't know your name **The moment I said that those who heard it looked at me in surprise**
Prefect : Wow that's a surprise, even dumbos know my name, seems the accident affected your brain badly **He was beginning to get on my nerves with his words and it got to the point where I could no longer endure and I set him straight**
Me : listen prefect, I'm one of those who care less about your name or identity, if you're not going to lend me your notes it's fine but don't insult me or I will let you know the feeling of being in the hospital.

After saying that much I left without giving much care where I was headed to, it was getting pretty difficult to keep up with these annoying kids who act like they are God. I was getting hungry and decided to check around for where they sell food, I walked into a big hall filled with people, there was a queue with students taking food from different chefs, I couldn't understand the situation while I was looking for someone to ask, I heard my name from afar, I turned back and saw a girl waving at me, though I have seen her in class her name is Stella, we never really talked which made me surprise as I thought of it as a prank. She came to me and we talked for a while.

Stella : Why are you standing over there? Aren't you hungry?
Me : Can you explain the situation over here?
Stella : Woah!!! You forgot that much? Anyway this is the foodhall, if you are famish join the queue, when it's your turn you pick what you want and go over that door **Her hand pointed in the direction of a big door in the middle of the hall, I noticed people going in and out of it** that's where you sit for lunch, anyway let's join the queue I'm famished.
We joined the queue and when it was my turn, I selected quite a lot of food to the surprise of the chefs and students, Stella took her turn and we went through the door, when we entered I couldn't hide my amazement the hall was very big, it had tables and chairs for students to seat and eat, people sat according to their ranks and class, some sat mixed which were in the same group, the hall was crowded with people seated everywhere chatting and eating, my eyes searched for an empty seat and table and I found one near the window which had great views as I attempted to go over there, Stella held me back and warned to avoid seating there unless I want trouble with the school queen.
I thought she was exaggerating about it, I mean who the Bleep made whoever it is the queen of the school, I refused to listen and went on and she followed me, when I sat down, it was as if the whole students in the hall were notified of my presence as they stared at me in shock, Stella kept shivering like she caught a cold.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rebirth by oluwatosin070: 5:30am On Aug 21, 2019
Nice story... I pray you finish it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rebirth by bfawzie(m): 6:49am On Aug 21, 2019
I can't wait for the next updates.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Rebirth by Hardes(m): 7:43pm On Aug 21, 2019
Interesting story.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rebirth by Ann2012(f): 11:11pm On Aug 21, 2019
Seems Stella has a hand in the accident
Thanks for the update

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rebirth by tracyberry(f): 11:28pm On Aug 23, 2019
Rebirth episode 6

Victory high school is one of the best secondary schools in Lagos, it is known for giving the best students in quiz but it is also a place where heresy ruled, an obtuse person or a dullard was given Less attention and scorned by the students, the ones with talents were placed above, respected and acknowledged by all. Students with talents and brains were given special post and positions making them exclusive students, the ones with post were reserved as the student council, any talented person from Ss 1 to 3 could be given the position and they could also battle for any position they want. The students council was made up to 12 bodies, each with his own post they were given equal respect as the teachers, the student council had a male leader who was the president, he was referred to as the "king", the vice president was a female who was referred to as the "Queen".

I went to the seat close to the window and sat down, I found the view nice plus it was less noisy and cool there, the moment I sat down it was as if the whole students in the hall were notified of my presence as they stared at me in shock, Stella kept shivering like she caught a cold. I couldn't understand why the students make a big deal out of it but I care less as I bend my head down, eating fast like my life depends on it as I looked up, I noticed some of the girls starring at me with disgust, I didn't bother much as I focused on my food like it was the only thing on that hall, stella tried to talk to me....

Stella : Angel eat slowly, people are watching.
Me : I guess you are not hungry.
Stella : aren't you embarrassed with the way they are starring at you?
Me : If you are gonna seat here with me, the least you can do is shut your mouth and eat!!!

She quietly ate her food with her head down, I couldn't understand what she was thinking by following me even though I might be in trouble for seating there but I didn't bother much as I focused on the food, It's been two weeks since I started this new life, I never played when it came to food because in my past life I did horrible things just so I could feed my siblings, whenever I was served food I made sure to finish the food in order to appreciate the cook, while eating I heard a voice and I raised my head.

Bella : Who's this pig disrespecting the queen?

I stared at her for some seconds before I continued with my food, Stella stopped eating.
She bit her lips while her hands clenched unto her skirt tightly with her head down, she was too scared to raise her head up.

Bella : Is this pig ignoring me?
Girl 1 : maybe she's dumb, I'm pretty sure the accident affected her brain.
Bella : That's not an excuse to disrespect me, remove her from that seat first!!!

**One of her girls approached me and held my hair, as she said.... "Dumbo quit disgracing us and Bleep off" before she could finish her sentence, I took the bottle water I was yet to drink and hit her on the face which attracted the stares o she held her face in pain as she kept cursing me I stood up and went to her as I dragged her collar and slapped her twice on her face, she fell down. Two other girls quickly came to intervene I took the tray which my food was served on and hit first one on her head, she tried to fight back as I used to tray to beat her all over her body, I was pretty good in locating the weak points, I gave the other one a blow on her tummy, it was really upsetting fighting with this fragile body, the blow hardly did anything to her, back in the street days my blow was not something to joke with considering the fact that I exercised and trained my body hard to protect myself but right now this body is too weak to Inflect any injuries. I refrained myself from using weapons since I'm in school and I'm trying to live a good life. It was surprising how the three girls groan in pain even though I didn't beat them much, I guess the rich kids had it easy.
Bella stood they in shock starring at me, she could neither move or say a word, I guess my action was really shocking since I was previously known as a weakling, I was pretty pissed off since they ruined my lunch, I didn't plan to go easy on them, I walked up to Bella......

Me : I guess you love intimidating people, there's something Important you should know about me, I hate being interrupted when I'm eaten and I hate noisy bitches.

Bella : Stupid girl don't get ahead of yourself *She tried to slap me but I caught her hand and gave her a sounding slap which left my thumbs print on her face, I dragged her with me to the table where I sat before while everyone were still watching.....when we got there I dragged her by her hair and slammed her face on the table, she screamed in pain as I slammed it again, when I slammed it the third time she started bleeding on her forehead, her face was red as she was crying I was not moved by her plea as I attempted to slam it the fourth time, I heard a voice that shouted "That's enough, let her go". All eyes were fixed on that person as their faces beam with smiles, I turned and saw a group of people dressed in school uniform but they held a different Aura, the guy who stood in front of me was one of the cutest guy I have ever seen, behind him were some boys and girls, I quickly understood they were the student council.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rebirth by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 12:09am On Aug 24, 2019
I'm hooked. Fantastic storyline.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rebirth by Hardes(m): 8:38am On Aug 24, 2019
Seems like she love smashing heads.

Thanks for the update Mrs.tracy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rebirth by cuteesthy(f): 10:46pm On Aug 24, 2019
wowww, intresting
Re: Rebirth by tracyberry(f): 8:06am On Aug 25, 2019
Thanks guys I will try to best.
Re: Rebirth by enm(m): 11:37pm On Aug 25, 2019
Wow! Nice job �
Re: Rebirth by Devilpen(m): 9:12am On Aug 26, 2019
This one can make me strike on Iron Sanctuary......
Hope you will complete this story sha... smiley
Re: Rebirth by Devilpen(m): 10:50am On Aug 26, 2019
I have a suggestion concerning the dialogues in the story.
Why don't you use
"I love this story" Devilpen said and smiled.
Instead of
Devilpen: I love this story........
The first one allows you to add more details to your character reactions than the second one that just go raw...

Just a humble suggestion though, it might not work well with you....

1 Like

Re: Rebirth by Ann2012(f): 3:40pm On Aug 26, 2019
Handsome boy abi?
Issok, thanks for the update
Re: Rebirth by tracyberry(f): 5:16pm On Aug 26, 2019
Devilpen:
I have a suggestion concerning the dialogues in the story.
Why don't you use
"I love this story" Devilpen said and smiled.
Instead of
Devilpen: I love this story........
The first one allows you to add more details to your character reactions than the second one that just go raw...

Just a humble suggestion though, it might not work well with you....

Thanks man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Stars 2017 Writing Competition Updates & Story Thread / Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. / I Am Done With Honorary Awards, Says Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.