Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,427 members, 7,836,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Huawei To Unveil Its Own Map Service To Challenge Google Map - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Huawei To Unveil Its Own Map Service To Challenge Google Map (894 Views)

Huawei To Use Tomtom Maps As An Alternative To Google Maps / Huawei To Give $286 Million In Staff Bonuses For Helping During US Trade Dispute / Huawei CEO Ren Zhengfei Said He Is Busy Fixing Up Huawei To Pick Trump's Call (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Huawei To Unveil Its Own Map Service To Challenge Google Map by Deathtk: 9:19am On Aug 18, 2019
In a bid to challenge Google Maps, Chinese smartphone manufacturer Huawei is reportedly planning to unveil its own mapping service known as Map Kit. Map Kit would offer developers a street navigation system as well as a way to show users real-time traffic conditions. It would support augmented-reality mapping and would not be for direct consumer use, a report citing a Huawei executive claimed.

Earlier this month, Google Maps added a range of new tools that are aimed at making travel plans simpler and seamless. Google Maps will now show all your flight and hotel reservations under 'Your Places' in the app menu. A dedicated 'Reservations' tab will open a list of upcoming trips. The details are accessible even when you are offline, the official blog notes.

https://tellkis.com/2019/08/18/hauwei-map-kit-vs-google-map/
Re: Huawei To Unveil Its Own Map Service To Challenge Google Map by jesse8048(m): 9:35am On Aug 18, 2019
Huawei, my Bae, how I wish your devices come with infra red, I jus can't leave xaiomi for that feature abeg.
Re: Huawei To Unveil Its Own Map Service To Challenge Google Map by stanboy28(m): 12:37pm On Aug 18, 2019
This guys are going for the top..
They are planning a life without Google apps and trying to replace all google apps ...

Nice work huawei..
Re: Huawei To Unveil Its Own Map Service To Challenge Google Map by yungsmart(m): 1:08pm On Aug 18, 2019
jesse8048:
Huawei, my Bae, how I wish your devices come with infra red, I jus can't leave xaiomi for that feature abeg.
They sure do have with the likes of p30 pro, mate 30 pro e.t.club
Re: Huawei To Unveil Its Own Map Service To Challenge Google Map by grimandevil: 2:50pm On Aug 18, 2019
Google I know, Huawei I will love to know
Re: Huawei To Unveil Its Own Map Service To Challenge Google Map by jesse8048(m): 4:24pm On Aug 20, 2019
yungsmart:
They sure do have with the likes of p30 pro, mate 30 pro e.t.club

Thanks but I no get that kind money for phone now. I still dey with mid range phones

(1) (Reply)

iphone deal / 10years Old And 9years Old Facebook Account For Sale / Redmi Note7 For Sale 40k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.