Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,439 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Please I Need The Experts In The House To Enlighten Me On The Gear Of My Sienna - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please I Need The Experts In The House To Enlighten Me On The Gear Of My Sienna (1435 Views)

Gear Of My Lexus Rx 300 Is Not Engaging / Why Use Your Handbrake When The Gear Is On Park? - See 6 Important Reasons / Why Use Your Handbrake When The Gear Is On Park(p) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need The Experts In The House To Enlighten Me On The Gear Of My Sienna by Spinojaja26: 5:20am On Aug 19, 2019
Please I need the experts in the house to enlighten me on this problem I am having with my sienna. this is the issue : when I start the car and push the gear handle it will select normal and move a little distance like ten poles it will rolle till it stop while the engine is still on, if I keep pressing the throttle to the floor the car will not make any move while the engine sound normal. but if i allow the car to cool the gear will select and move normal till it heat up, the problem will start. I v changed fuel pump still , but when the mechanic try to change the gear oil he discover that water entered and mixed with the gear oil he loose the bottom plate clean the filter and change the oil, after this the car move like 5km and the problem start again. pls what could be the problem with this car. the car enters revise and drive normal when it cools
Re: Please I Need The Experts In The House To Enlighten Me On The Gear Of My Sienna by DAutoDiagnosis: 6:30am On Aug 19, 2019
Your transmission needs replacement
Re: Please I Need The Experts In The House To Enlighten Me On The Gear Of My Sienna by TPound(m): 7:17am On Aug 19, 2019
Transmission go bye bye
Re: Please I Need The Experts In The House To Enlighten Me On The Gear Of My Sienna by nurey(m): 10:31am On Aug 19, 2019
Spinojaja26:
Please I need the experts in the house to enlighten me on this problem I am having with my sienna. this is the issue : when I start the car and push the gear handle it will select normal and move a little distance like ten poles it will rolle till it stop while the engine is still on, if I keep pressing the throttle to the floor the car will not make any move while the engine sound normal. but if i allow the car to cool the gear will select and move normal till it heat up, the problem will start. I v changed fuel pump still , but when the mechanic try to change the gear oil he discover that water entered and mixed with the gear oil he loose the bottom plate clean the filter and change the oil, after this the car move like 5km and the problem start again. pls what could be the problem with this car. the car enters revise and drive normal when it cools

If your sienna is the 97-03 model year

1. Go and look for Total MVLV @ 3500/L you will need 4 litres

2. Let the mechanic open the gear sumo, clean out the strainer and watch out for matallic chippings on the magnetic filter, if none good, he should clean and drain out the oil he put there.

3. refill the gear with the total and retest the vehicle.

4. if there is a positive difference good if it's slipping (gear engages and disengages and refuses to leave gear 1) go and buy a new gear.

5. Don't use any dextron 3 for that gear ever again.
Re: Please I Need The Experts In The House To Enlighten Me On The Gear Of My Sienna by mukhcech(m): 9:10pm On Feb 16, 2020
Sir. Help my life. Spent 20k already on this Gear.
My problem is similar to what the OP said. But here is the picture of what I am going through.

I took my Sienna to mechanic for gear oil Change. after noticing some drags and sudden change in acceleration. The mechanic said the oil was burnt. I did notice some iron fillings on the filter during the servicing. The mechanic said it was a non-issue. He washed clean the filter and replaced the gear with Oando dextron 3 gear oil-I just hope I am not mistaken. The oil is sold for 3800. I drove the car to the wheel alignment and balancing shop to check since I will be Traveling on the third day. After checking the alighnment and stuff. I reversed out. put it on drive. Nah so my condition start. it won't engage in drive nor reverse. Towed it to the gear mechanic. He checked it and said the drive was bad. changed the drive. Still no show. He removed and service the Valve body. Only the Reverse gear worked. Replaced the 9 pin valve body with a 5 pin Valve body. Took the car for a test ride. Selection from 1 to 2 is Jacky but rest selection was okay. The reverse gear engage but not enough power to move the car because When he raised one of the wheel. The gas pedal rolls the the wheel in reverse but not when the four wheeler are on ground. He later discovered car reverse stops working as car gets hot. please, What can I do?

nurey:

If your sienna is the 97-03 model year

1. Go and look for Total MVLV @ 3500/L you will need 4 litres

2. Let the mechanic open the gear sumo, clean out the strainer and watch out for matallic chippings on the magnetic filter, if none good, he should clean and drain out the oil he put there.

3. refill the gear with the total and retest the vehicle.

4. if there is a positive difference good if it's slipping (gear engages and disengages and refuses to leave gear 1) go and buy a new gear.

5. Don't use any dextron 3 for that gear ever again.
Re: Please I Need The Experts In The House To Enlighten Me On The Gear Of My Sienna by nurey(m): 9:56pm On Feb 16, 2020
mukhcech:
Sir. Help my life. Spent 20k already on this Gear.
My problem is similar to what the OP said. But here is the picture of what I am going through.

I took my Sienna to mechanic for gear oil Change. after noticing some drags and sudden change in acceleration. The mechanic said the oil was burnt. I did notice some iron fillings on the filter during the servicing. The mechanic said it was a non-issue. He washed clean the filter and replaced the gear with Oando dextron 3 gear oil-I just hope I am not mistaken. The oil is sold for 3800. I drove the car to the wheel alignment and balancing shop to check since I will be Traveling on the third day. After checking the alighnment and stuff. I reversed out. put it on drive. Nah so my condition start. it won't engage in drive nor reverse. Towed it to the gear mechanic. He checked it and said the drive was bad. changed the drive. Still no show. He removed and service the Valve body. Only the Reverse gear worked. Replaced the 9 pin valve body with a 5 pin Valve body. Took the car for a test ride. Selection from 1 to 2 is Jacky but rest selection was okay. The reverse gear engage but not enough power to move the car because When he raised one of the wheel. The gas pedal rolls the the wheel in reverse but not when the four wheeler are on ground. He later discovered car reverse stops working as car gets hot. please, What can I do?

At this junction best decision is to replace the gear with Tokunbo
Re: Please I Need The Experts In The House To Enlighten Me On The Gear Of My Sienna by mukhcech(m): 11:52pm On Feb 16, 2020
nurey:

At this junction best decision is to replace the gear with Tokunbo

Thanks for the quick response. I am grateful. Please wat is the price estimate?
Do you still drive your sienna? Mine is 2002 model. What oil(gear and engine) is recommended because I think the oil use must have contributed to my situation. And Radiator coolant. I have been doing the unholy act of using water. Can my ignorant action still be redeemed. Do I need to change the whole radiator. Or just switch back to using coolant.
Re: Please I Need The Experts In The House To Enlighten Me On The Gear Of My Sienna by nurey(m): 6:31am On Feb 17, 2020
mukhcech:

Thanks for the quick response. I am grateful. Please wat is the price estimate?

It should be between 90k and 120k because your 97-00 is different from 01-03

Do you still drive your sienna? Mine is 2002 model. What oil(gear and engine) is recommended because I think the oil use must have contributed to my situation. And Radiator coolant.

I use MRS 5W40 full synthetic since I bought mine 6 years ago

I used Total MVLV dextron 6 for my gear, the Oando dextron 3 flares the transmission when it is hot like 2hrs driving. Alot of high mileage sienna I personally know experience flares and some packup especially with cheap ATF usage. transmission aren't like Engines at certain high mileage it's unusual to start experiencing failure.

my radiator coolant is the one total sells for 450, the green one, been using it since 2017, I haven't had time to drain it and refill but will do that when I get opportunity

I have been doing the unholy act of using water. Can my ignorant action still be redeemed. Do I need to change the whole radiator. Or just switch back to using coolant

As long as the radiator isn't blocked or leaking, just drain the whole water and buy 5L of coolant, pour about 3.5 to 4L and use the remaining to top up after driving.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need The Experts In The House To Enlighten Me On The Gear Of My Sienna by mukhcech(m): 12:14pm On Feb 17, 2020
[quote author=nurey post=86714190][/quote]

I am very grateful.

May God increase you in goodness. Thank you.
Re: Please I Need The Experts In The House To Enlighten Me On The Gear Of My Sienna by kollysnut(m): 11:54am On Feb 18, 2020
DAutoDiagnosis:
Your transmission needs replacement

gbam......

(1) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Sprinter 2012 UK Used / Innoson Drops Price Of New Hummer Bus From ₦16m To ₦9m / Mechanic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.