Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Nuremberg: Chinua Achebe Predicted Ekweremadu’s Attack Before His Death - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nuremberg: Chinua Achebe Predicted Ekweremadu’s Attack Before His Death (6354 Views)

Kaduna Train Attack: Before And Now Photo In Captivity Of Barr. Usman / Abba Kyari's Last Statement Before His Death / I Disagree With Chinua Achebe, The Trouble With Nigeria Is Not Politicians, But (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nuremberg: Chinua Achebe Predicted Ekweremadu’s Attack Before His Death by MetaPhysical: 4:11am On Aug 20, 2019
What i dont understand is, why Achebe is using parables borrowed from foreign land to warn and discourage his kins going to foreign land.

How could Ibo and this dike know what sea or mountain is when you have neither in your land? So why would the words of Dike have effect when the people it addresses are not a people of sea or mountain?

This thing get K-leg.
Re: Nuremberg: Chinua Achebe Predicted Ekweremadu’s Attack Before His Death by NGpatriot: 4:26am On Aug 20, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Go knock on Achebe's crypt. He will give you copy. grin grin grin grin

You must have knocked on the dead old grand tribalist and unrepentant bigot to obtain your own copy.

I didn't care for the ipob bigot when he was alive so visiting his bigoted crypt is totally a No No..

grin grin
Re: Nuremberg: Chinua Achebe Predicted Ekweremadu’s Attack Before His Death by NGpatriot: 4:28am On Aug 20, 2019
toprealman:
Searched the net but couldn't find an old post where the elder statesman, Achebe, allegedly made the comment....
grin

Na fabrication... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nuremberg: Chinua Achebe Predicted Ekweremadu’s Attack Before His Death by toprealman: 4:44am On Aug 20, 2019
NGpatriot:

Na fabrication... grin grin
which of his works please?
Re: Nuremberg: Chinua Achebe Predicted Ekweremadu’s Attack Before His Death by JoshuaSelman(m): 8:01am On Aug 20, 2019
Re: Nuremberg: Chinua Achebe Predicted Ekweremadu’s Attack Before His Death by Daviddson(m): 10:45am On Aug 20, 2019
JoshuaSelman:
Why are using this man's name as your moniker as if he's the one operating this account? I advise you to deactivate this account for your own good.
Re: Nuremberg: Chinua Achebe Predicted Ekweremadu’s Attack Before His Death by MetaPhysical: 10:48pm On Aug 20, 2019
NGpatriot:

You must have knocked on the dead old grand tribalist and unrepentant bigot to obtain your own copy.

I didn't care for the ipob bigot when he was alive so visiting his bigoted crypt is totally a No No..

grin grin

grin grin grin
Lol. Ive been keeping this fart under pressure but You go make laughter burst it out loudly in embarassment. You are wickedt! grin grin
Re: Nuremberg: Chinua Achebe Predicted Ekweremadu’s Attack Before His Death by ChristianEast: 12:01am On Aug 21, 2019
MetaPhysical:
What i dont understand is, why Achebe is using parables borrowed from foreign land to warn and discourage his kins going to foreign land.

How could Ibo and this dike know what sea or mountain is when you have neither in your land? So why would the words of Dike have effect when the people it addresses are not a people of sea or mountain?

This thing get K-leg.
If don't understand an adage, just shut up. In Igbo land, it is a disgrace for a man to ask for the explanation of an adage. It means the bride price his dad paid for his mum is a waste.

1 Like

Re: Nuremberg: Chinua Achebe Predicted Ekweremadu’s Attack Before His Death by AceRoot(m): 12:52am On Aug 21, 2019
ChristianEast:

If don't understand an adage, just shut up. In Igbo land, it is a disgrace for a man to ask for the explanation of an adage. It means the bride price his dad paid for his mum is a waste.

OUCH.......
Good grief, please show mercy.

1 Like

Re: Nuremberg: Chinua Achebe Predicted Ekweremadu’s Attack Before His Death by NGpatriot: 1:58am On Aug 21, 2019
ChristianEast:

This is NL, not igboland.
Re: Nuremberg: Chinua Achebe Predicted Ekweremadu’s Attack Before His Death by Ndipe(m): 6:26pm On Aug 21, 2019
Rolly22:

Arrow of God

Doubtful.
Re: Nuremberg: Chinua Achebe Predicted Ekweremadu’s Attack Before His Death by Alexanity(m): 7:28am On Aug 23, 2019
MetaPhysical:

This thing get K-leg.
I would want you to understand that in reality, Igbo Land have mountain as for the sea, no community had a sea, you can have a shore, every community can have access to the sea if they so desires but Chinua Achebe is a modern Igbo man so giving him more exposure

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obi: Africa Must Change Her Leadership Tradition Style For The Youths' Sake / Lagos Assembly Passes 492 Billion Naira 2012 Budget. / Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.