Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,535 members, 7,837,051 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Seun Fakorede: Governor Makinde Nominates 27-Year-Old As Commissioner (Photo) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seun Fakorede: Governor Makinde Nominates 27-Year-Old As Commissioner (Photo) (58519 Views)

Oyo’s Youngest Commissioner, Seun Fakorede Gets Married (Photos) / Seun Fakorede To Marry Sylvia Chioma Nwosu (Photos) / Protest As Makinde Nominates Seun Fakorede As Commissioner For Youth & Sports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Fakorede: Governor Makinde Nominates 27-Year-Old As Commissioner (Photo) by Amasa1988: 12:06pm On Aug 20, 2019
GistUpdates:
Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde, has nominated a 27-year-old alumnus of the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Seun Fakorede, as a commissioner in the State.

The 2016 Civil Engineering graduate is joining Alhaja Faosat Joke Sunni and Professor Rapheal Afonja who were last week nominated to join the 14 others who were inaugurated last week.

See more here; http://gistmore.com/gov-makinde-nominates-27-yr-old-oau-graduate-as-commissioner

It is a good development. congrats to him
Re: Seun Fakorede: Governor Makinde Nominates 27-Year-Old As Commissioner (Photo) by Mogajunior(m): 12:09pm On Aug 20, 2019
grin

COMMISSIONER AND HIS GOONS TONIGHT..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun Fakorede: Governor Makinde Nominates 27-Year-Old As Commissioner (Photo) by Amasa1988: 12:13pm On Aug 20, 2019
This is a good development. Congrats to the Commissioner Nominee. We hope he will represent the youths well
Re: Seun Fakorede: Governor Makinde Nominates 27-Year-Old As Commissioner (Photo) by Lamasta(m): 12:19pm On Aug 20, 2019
Sharming95:
Hw will dis guy head a whole ministry...sumone if given a company might not b able to run it well...abeg even if day said not too young to rule...no b to day ridicule and misuse it...just look at is appearance and hairstyle...he many experience him get...dis governor no try on dis...dis guy is not mature enuff for dat job

All of yhu insulting me,calling me names and saying don't judge a book by his cover...abeg first wat did yhu take a ministry for?....yes dem Gowon and co led d country in the 70s at 25yo and above...but d Nigeria of den is not dat complicated as at nau...come to think of it if we av d intellectuals we have nau back den all dose mumu decision dose guys made might be averted and Nigeria will b way beta than dis....back to d matter...do yhu knw d organogram of a ministry...and also some parastatal dat are part of a ministry....make i no talk abt d perm sec nau sef...lemme just use Principal Admin Officer and the Assistant director...with verse experience in administration and policy making...who knws hw to manipulate tins...hw will he b able to control dem and make decision not to talk of controlling a perm sec with atleast 32yrs experience...they will undermine his authority and might frustrate his work...he might not b able to deliver...d guys is too young for me sha....atleast he shud b given a special adviser rank like dat dan head a ministry....my own view tho cool

Going by your assertion Gov Seyi Makinde too does not qualify to lead a whole state cos his way too young for that.

The youth are taking over gradually the earlier you join the train the better for you o. Old men have finish our resources with corruption and nepotism, go to France a young man called Macron is there President, go to Ukraine a young Comedian is there President and you dey here dey here dey yarn is too young
Re: Seun Fakorede: Governor Makinde Nominates 27-Year-Old As Commissioner (Photo) by Damod88: 12:23pm On Aug 20, 2019
[quote author=KingGBsky post=81414314]Just be there arguing about his hair, looks and that he is too young. France president is a 33years old man. You will be here and that dude would become a commissioner. APC and PDP had formatted our youths brain finish to essence that they don’t just know what they actually want[/quote

U are a bloody liar. macron is 42 years old. It doesn't matter the ages of individuals who occupy positions of authority in Nigeria, the fact is we don't have what it takes to build a modern and prosperous society. Nigerians are not civilized enough to understand what development means or how to approach it. ]
Re: Seun Fakorede: Governor Makinde Nominates 27-Year-Old As Commissioner (Photo) by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 20, 2019
Lamasta:

Going by your assertion Gov Seyi Makinde too does not qualify to lead a whole state cos his way too young for that.

The youth are taking over gradually the earlier you join the train the better for you o. Old men have finish our resources with corruption and nepotism, go to France a young man called Macron is there President, go to Ukraine a young Comedian is there President and you dey here dey here dey yarn is too young
don't compare dat society to dat of Africa( Nigeria) in particular....tinz are already working there....yhu can't compare dia system with d rot system here.....most of d civil servant are part of d problem....no b only politicians....for dis country to b beta...there av to b overhaul change too in d civil service commission....bcuz civil servant are part of d rot system.....and day are part of dose holding d country to ransom...bcuz they are the main ppu running d country...all dis political office holder are just figure head and more like supervisors.....
Re: Seun Fakorede: Governor Makinde Nominates 27-Year-Old As Commissioner (Photo) by Gistme10(m): 12:52pm On Aug 20, 2019
Please No matter the reason(s) for his selection the Gov deserves some accolades at least for the attempt to change the narratives in this Naija where we find ourselves.
That said, The nominee on his path should endeavor to live and surpass the expectations of his principal, competitors, gainsayers, critics, sycophants and the likes. And also, to every youth out there, see each day you have to live as an opportunity to rewrite the errors of the past and being able to face every responsibility saddle on us in good faith, because the future starts today and not tomorrow.
I commend this gesture and I facilitate with the nominee. Endeavor to work with men of proving integrity #cheers
Let boiz start to act like Men.
I bow out cool

1 Like

Re: Seun Fakorede: Governor Makinde Nominates 27-Year-Old As Commissioner (Photo) by Damod88: 12:58pm On Aug 20, 2019
SoNature:

Your problem is just jealousy!

Perhaps you prefer a man of 100 years.

Old men have been ruling this country for God knows how long.

What exactly did they achieve?

Governor Makinde is gradually becoming the cynosure of all the eyes, and his policies will potentially change the face of governance in Nigeria.

Well done, Sir

The young commissioner should bring his energy, commitment and creativity to this position..

Now, he has the privilege many of us wish we had!

I have a friend who is now in governor akeredolu government. The guy is very young and I have not seen the difference he has made. Politics in Nigeria is not what most people think. Age is not the problem, our problem is backwardness. The backwardness is so deep that no individual can make a difference in the shortest time possible. There is a commissioner in ondo state who is also a youth. In the first two years into his job, this guy already has property worth millions of naira. Everybody in Nigeria is looking for money. And it is only by becoming a commissioner that you can make a contribution to your society, you can contribute by engaging in community work. There are so many things you can do for your community without being elected or appointed into government.
Re: Seun Fakorede: Governor Makinde Nominates 27-Year-Old As Commissioner (Photo) by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 20, 2019
safarigirl:
so, because he graduated in 2016, he has no experience?

Is Engineering not a 5-year course? Did you ask what he was doing before gainining University admission? Or you don't know some people enter the labour market after their Senior Secondary School, before they apply for University? Do you know if he was involved in any business as a student? Or you think there aren't working students?

On what ground, do you make this claim, that he has no experience? And what kind of experience? He seems to be a popular figure in OAU and may have been a politician there, so, is it leadership experience?

2 years experience will not even qualify for entry level in most engineering firms. The post of commissioner is the zenith engineering post within the state. This guy has no experience whatsoever in any field. This is a very bad Idea. If they want to mess him up, they will just look away as he signs off on dangerous designs for bridges etal. We had an instance like that. The ogas brought in their consultant who had no technical knowledge and was picking our brains. Oga gave them a wrong design and experienced hand would have figured out, they went with it, and messed themselves up. There are roles you can dash a person with no experience. Engineering is not one of them.
Re: Seun Fakorede: Governor Makinde Nominates 27-Year-Old As Commissioner (Photo) by safarigirl(f): 2:42pm On Aug 20, 2019
ornicus:

2 years experience will not even qualify for entry level in most engineering firms. The post of commissioner is the zenith engineering post within the state. This guy has no experience whatsoever in any field. This is a very bad Idea. If they want to mess him up, they will just look away as he signs off on dangerous designs for bridges etal. We had an instance like that. The ogas brought in their consultant who had no technical knowledge and was picking our brains. Oga gave them a wrong design and experienced hand would have figured out, they went with it, and messed themselves up. There are roles you can dash a person with no experience. Engineering is not one of them.
He is being considered for Youth and Sports. He is a youth, he is qualified. He is not going to work in any Engineering position

1 Like

Re: Seun Fakorede: Governor Makinde Nominates 27-Year-Old As Commissioner (Photo) by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 20, 2019
safarigirl:
He is being considered for Youth and Sports. He is a youth, he is qualified. He is not going to work in any Engineering position

Ah I see. I was going to add a comment that sometimes companies have positions like customer relations where they put people that they want to dash jobs.

My bad. But as a football aficionado, you don't think experience is required to oversee a sports ministry? Look at dalung and his unending embarrassments
Re: Seun Fakorede: Governor Makinde Nominates 27-Year-Old As Commissioner (Photo) by safarigirl(f): 2:56pm On Aug 20, 2019
ornicus:

Ah I see. I was going to add a comment that sometimes companies have positions like customer relations where they put people that they want to dash jobs.

My bad. But as a football aficionado, you don't think experience is required to oversee a sports ministry? Look at dalung and his unending embarrassments
common sense is what is required

I barely have experience in sports, but I can run a sports ministry better than Dalung

1 Like

Re: Seun Fakorede: Governor Makinde Nominates 27-Year-Old As Commissioner (Photo) by Lamasta(m): 3:33pm On Aug 20, 2019
Sharming95:
don't compare dat society to dat of Africa( Nigeria) in particular....tinz are already working there....yhu can't compare dia system with d rot system here.....most of d civil servant are part of d problem....no b only politicians....for dis country to b beta...there av to b overhaul change too in d civil service commission....bcuz civil servant are part of d rot system.....and day are part of dose holding d country to ransom...bcuz they are the main ppu running d country...all dis political office holder are just figure head and more like supervisors.....

Then support the youth now for a change now abi why are you against the young man appointed as a commissioner
Re: Seun Fakorede: Governor Makinde Nominates 27-Year-Old As Commissioner (Photo) by 9jaRealist: 9:12pm On Aug 20, 2019
9jaRealist:
Time for Nigerians to realize that age (young or old) is by itself neither an asset nor a liability...
What's important is ability/capacity, so it would have been more useful to read about his credentials.
>
Basher8583:
Look if Makinde wants to help the boy with a job, this is not the way to go by it. He is just making a mockery of his governance.

From what I can deduce, because I have 2years post graduate I should be made the dean of faculty? Does that make sense.

Do you know why serious business men send thier wards to Business school? So that they can gain the necessary skills and experience shared to be able to successfully run the company.
Competence is earned through years of experience. And that's why the grade system is there to benchmark you.

If you have a serious organisation can you make the young lad the MD/CEO?
Food for thought. Dont be a hypocrite
tiwiex:

Two years post graduate experience doesn't sound like much credential.

@Basher8583; and @tiwiex; didn't think my Plain English would be too difficult for some to understand... undecided

The point was that it would have been more useful to list the dude's credentials/experience...
Rather than simply telling us the Governor appointed a young person, as if youth just by itself is an asset.
>
Re: Seun Fakorede: Governor Makinde Nominates 27-Year-Old As Commissioner (Photo) by 9jaRealist: 9:35pm On Aug 20, 2019
Basher8583:

Look if Makinde wants to help the boy with a job, this is not the way to go by it. He is just making a mockery of his governance.

From what I can deduce, because I have 2years post graduate I should be made the dean of faculty? Does that make sense.

Do you know why serious business men send thier wards to Business school? So that they can gain the necessary skills and experience shared to be able to successfully run the company.
Competence is earned through years of experience. And that's why the grade system is there to benchmark you.

If you have a serious organisation can you make the young lad the MD/CEO?
Food for thought. Dont be a hypocrite

And just btw (although it was not my previous point), this totally ERRONEOUS... undecided
There are many older experienced incompetents as there are young competent persons.

Mark Zukerberg (to use probably the most visible example) was running Facebook at age 20! Suhas Gopinath became founder, CEO, and Chairman of Globals Inc., an Indian-based IT multinational company at age 17. There are so many others. Unfortunately, Nigeria and many Nigerians have largely sacrificed merit on the altar of "seniority" (as well as ethnicity and religion), and thus Nigeria has become a nation where even the most mediocre and incompetent persons in the civil service and much of the public sector simply hang on and try to stay alive while being "rewarded" with virtually automatic promotions through the ranks.
>
Re: Seun Fakorede: Governor Makinde Nominates 27-Year-Old As Commissioner (Photo) by oladeebo: 9:52pm On Aug 20, 2019
Well, I may be the next to be nominated by the able governor
...but to what post?
Oladeebo
Re: Seun Fakorede: Governor Makinde Nominates 27-Year-Old As Commissioner (Photo) by Basher8583: 10:40pm On Aug 20, 2019
9jaRealist:

And just btw (although it was not my previous point), this totally ERRONEOUS... undecided
There are many older experienced incompetents as there are young competent persons.

Mark Zukerberg (to use probably the most visible example) was running Facebook at age 20! Suhas Gopinath became founder, CEO, and Chairman of Globals Inc., an Indian-based IT multinational company at age 17. There are so many others. Unfortunately, Nigeria and many Nigerians have largely sacrificed merit on the altar of "seniority" (as well as ethnicity and religion), and thus Nigeria has become a nation where even the most mediocre and incompetent persons in the civil service and much of the public sector simply hang on and try to stay alive while being "rewarded" with virtually automatic promotions through the ranks.
>

Please get you facts right. As extracted from Investopedia, The explosion of user growth on Facebook attracted the attention of many venture capital (VC) firms, and Zuckerberg eventually moved out to Silicon Valley in 2005. Facebook received its first round of venture capital investments from VC firm Accel Partners, which invested $12.7 million in the site that was still only open to Ivy League students.

Now according to the same Investopedia,
Venture capital is financing that investors provide to startup companies and small businesses that are believed to have long-term growth potential. Venture capital generally comes from well-off investors, investment banks and any other financial institutions. However, it does not always take a monetary form; it can also be provided in the form of technical or managerial expertise.

So there was no way he could have been successful without experienced hands guiding him.

Young minds with bright ideas need support from experienced hands to launch and sustain such idea.
Re: Seun Fakorede: Governor Makinde Nominates 27-Year-Old As Commissioner (Photo) by 9jaRealist: 10:48pm On Aug 20, 2019
Basher8583:
Please get you facts right. As extracted from Investopedia, The explosion of user growth on Facebook attracted the attention of many venture capital (VC) firms, and Zuckerberg eventually moved out to Silicon Valley in 2005. Facebook received its first round of venture capital investments from VC firm Accel Partners, which invested $12.7 million in the site that was still only open to Ivy League students.

Now according to the same Investopedia,
Venture capital is financing that investors provide to startup companies and small businesses that are believed to have long-term growth potential. Venture capital generally comes from well-off investors, investment banks and any other financial institutions. However, it does not always take a monetary form; it can also be provided in the form of technical or managerial expertise.

So there was no way he could have been successful without experienced hands guiding him.

Young minds with bright ideas need support from experienced hands to launch and sustain such idea.

Not sure what the highlighted IRRELEVANCY has to do with the point...
Does that change that he was CEO at 20? Or do you think VCs throw funds at incompetent persons?!

Meanwhile, wouldn't the "experienced hands" at the Ministry/Government support this "young mind with bright ideas" (assuming that he is in fact a young man with bright ideas). So, for the umpteenth time, what exactly does age have to do with anything?!
>
Re: Seun Fakorede: Governor Makinde Nominates 27-Year-Old As Commissioner (Photo) by Basher8583: 10:49pm On Aug 20, 2019
Hipsofagoddess:

Jay-Z still has dreads even if he wears the most expensive suit. The dreads are still on his head which is the bone of contention here, isn't it?

Appearance to an interview depends on the company. And even at that, the CEO would readily offer someone with experience and character than one who has a clean haircut or decked up in suits.

Decent dressing are for marketers and others who need to source for funds to make a living. Writers, database administrators, programmers, and lots of other wonderful profession don't need to appear decent to get work done and make an impact in the lives of people.

People are now shifting to partnerships rather than sourcing funds from venture capitalist and angel investors who will breath down your neck and prevent you from being productive...

First impression these days don't have to be about appearance, lots of communication are online now. I don't have to deal with your appearance.

You mean this JayZ?

Re: Seun Fakorede: Governor Makinde Nominates 27-Year-Old As Commissioner (Photo) by 9jaRealist: 10:52pm On Aug 20, 2019
Basher8583:

You mean this JayZ?

And this one as well... cheesy

[img]https://nyppagesix.files./2019/06/jay-z.jpg[/img]
Re: Seun Fakorede: Governor Makinde Nominates 27-Year-Old As Commissioner (Photo) by Basher8583: 10:59pm On Aug 20, 2019
9jaRealist:

Not sure what the highlighted IRRELEVANCY has to do with the point...
Does that change that he was CEO at 20? Or do you think VCs throw funds at incompetent persons?!

Meanwhile, wouldn't the "experienced hands" at the Ministry/Government support this "young mind with bright ideas" (assuming that he is in fact a young man with bright ideas). So, for the umpteenth time, what exactly does age have to do with anything?!
>

Since you asked I'll tell you....the bolded was to ensure you had a proper comprehension of the message being passed to you. Clearly with all that effort you still didn't get it. It was nice delebrating with you....you have your ideas/opinion and they're yours and should be respected. Good night
Re: Seun Fakorede: Governor Makinde Nominates 27-Year-Old As Commissioner (Photo) by Basher8583: 11:03pm On Aug 20, 2019
9jaRealist:

And this one as well... cheesy

[img]https://nyppagesix.files./2019/06/jay-z.jpg[/img]

Very good so you can see his choice of appearance for each occasion he attended. Thats a smart business man and entertainer
Re: Seun Fakorede: Governor Makinde Nominates 27-Year-Old As Commissioner (Photo) by 9jaRealist: 11:15pm On Aug 20, 2019
Basher8583:
Since you asked I'll tell you....the bolded was to ensure you had a proper comprehension of the message being passed to you. Clearly with all that effort you still didn't get it. It was nice delebrating with you....you have your ideas/opinion and they're yours and should be respected. Good night

The thing about SHARING your opinions on a PUBLIC discussion forum...
Is that such opinions become fair game for the PUBLIC you address to discuss/comment thereupon.

Furthermore, that one respects an opinion does not mean they cannot disagree with same...
Accordingly, your opinion equating competence with age/seniority is ERRONEOUS but prevalent in Nigeria.
>
Re: Seun Fakorede: Governor Makinde Nominates 27-Year-Old As Commissioner (Photo) by 9jaRealist: 11:22pm On Aug 20, 2019
Basher8583:

Very good so you can see his choice of appearance for each occasion he attended. Thats a smart business man and entertainer

But isn't that the point dude was substantively trying to make (or perhaps I am wrong)...
The propriety of an interviewee's appearance depends on the job, the corporation and it's culture.
>
Re: Seun Fakorede: Governor Makinde Nominates 27-Year-Old As Commissioner (Photo) by Nobody: 5:24am On Aug 21, 2019
Basher8583:

You mean this JayZ?

Uncle, this is Jay-z's recent pics, try and stay current.

Re: Seun Fakorede: Governor Makinde Nominates 27-Year-Old As Commissioner (Photo) by Basher8583: 5:39am On Aug 21, 2019
Hipsofagoddess:

Uncle, this is Jay-z's recent pics, try and stay current.

Still very good. That's an entertainer/business man that knows how to present himself at the right event.

Present yourself well you see how much progress you will make in a short while
Re: Seun Fakorede: Governor Makinde Nominates 27-Year-Old As Commissioner (Photo) by Nobody: 5:43am On Aug 21, 2019
Basher8583:

Still very good. That's an entertainer/business man that knows how to present himself at the right event.

Present yourself well you see how much progress you will make in a short while

Did you see the humongous dreads on his head? He meet with the royalties in England with that hair and he has been using it to meet other top billionaires. Presenting yourself well means having something in your brains to offer before any other thing.
Re: Seun Fakorede: Governor Makinde Nominates 27-Year-Old As Commissioner (Photo) by Basher8583: 5:46am On Aug 21, 2019
Hipsofagoddess:

Did you see the humongous dreads on his head? He meet with the royalties in England with that hair and he has been using it to meet other top billionaires. Presenting yourself well means having something in your brains to offer before any other thing.
You can please go ahead and make such hairdo it is your choice.
Re: Seun Fakorede: Governor Makinde Nominates 27-Year-Old As Commissioner (Photo) by Peresrichly: 8:26am On Aug 21, 2019
undisputedgbola:

You should have rather thought of the level of insensitivity the blogger had shown by using that particular picture of the young man...

I blame the blogger!!
They are all acting dump the purpose of the blogger has been achieved by using that particular picture. They feel assuming the blogger did not use that particular picture there will this much comments on the post. It’s traffic pulling strategy. There are other pics he is on suit with another hairstyle but the blogger decide to use that particular picture
Re: Seun Fakorede: Governor Makinde Nominates 27-Year-Old As Commissioner (Photo) by CioAngels(f): 12:26pm On Aug 21, 2019
The empty grandfathers there cannot be better than him because they are just doing nothing other than steal our common wealth. My due respect to those older than me. I respect age, not money or position because they are not earned. My dear, just neatly keep your hair for your new position. Good luck.
Re: Seun Fakorede: Governor Makinde Nominates 27-Year-Old As Commissioner (Photo) by Kennyfancy(m): 6:45pm On Aug 27, 2019
berbs:

Even if na Bobrisky, so far he can perform his duty, right?
is Bobrisky not better than Buhari

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Meet Nonye Soludo, The Next Anambra First Lady / Buhari In A Closed Door Meeting With Six Governors In Aso Rock / Revocation Of Late Saraki’s Land: ‘Abdulrasaq Has Crossed The Line’ - Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.