Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions (20703 Views)

The Oppo Thread (oppo Users: Oppof11pro, Oppok1, Oppo A5s.) / OPPO launches A1k and A5s Mid Range Smartphones Into The Nigerian Market / My Review On Oppo A5s: Phone Loaded With Amazing Features (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by Nobody: 4:52am On Aug 20, 2019
maasoap:

My LeEco of 31,000 naira has 1080*1920 resolution. These two Oppo phones are over priced crap
leeco is selling at that price cos the company has gone bankrupt..... and its an old phone moreover still on android.... tho its really a great phone

4 Likes

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by Chukazu: 5:33am On Aug 20, 2019
Any phone of this price and quality should come with a Headphone at least. How can spend extra money on headphone after buying this?
Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by MartinsD12(m): 7:15am On Aug 20, 2019
OEPHIUS:
Oppo recently released two smartphones, the Oppo A5s and Oppo A1k into the Nigerian market.

According to the company, both phones are cheaper than its debut Oppo F11 Pro and hopes to cater to users looking to own the brand at a cheaper cost.

The Oppo A5s has the most specifications of both devices launched, so here are pictures and details on this smartphone.

Specification

Android 8.1 Oreo
6.2 ” HD Water Drop Screen
Octa Core Processors
4GB RAM
64GB internal expandable memory
Dual SIM capability- Nano SIM cards and extra memory card slot
Dual Primary Camera(s) – 13 MP and f/2.2, 2 MP and f/2.4 both with Auto-Focus and flash.
8MP front-facing camera with flash
4,230mAh non-removable battery
4G LTE
Fingerprint Scanner
Face ID
Unboxing
The A5s is packed in a standard white cardboard and accessories are the regular.

Accessories
1 Oppo A5s
1 Charger head
1 USB cord
1 Ejector pin
2 User Guides
1 Plastic casing

Price
Official retail prices of the Oppo A5s in Nigeria are ₦53,900 for a 3GB+32GB variant and ₦69,900 for its 4GB+64GB counterpart.

First Impressions:

After a few uses, here are my quick impressions of this smartphone.

The A5s has a sleek build and an efficient grip that is synonymous with Oppo smartphones. Together with its plastic casing, the Oppo A5s clocks a surprising 194g on the scale considering a supersized battery.

This is lighter than the 222g of the Oppo F11 Pro that carries a 4,000 mAh battery. And makes the A5s easier to carry around. The battery is very powerful.
Who are these people again, total trash how can they sell that trash for 70k when redmi note 7 128gb could be bought with that price, Nokia or umidigi is even better infact even tecno pouvoir 3 plus is better than this trash

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by maasoap(m): 7:23am On Aug 20, 2019
segunmelvin:
leeco is selling at that price cos the company has gone bankrupt..... and its an old phone moreover still on android.... tho its really a great phone

Yeah, it was a good buy. Old phone that beats some expensive new phones in terms of specs, quality and browsing speed!

1 Like

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by maasoap(m): 7:28am On Aug 20, 2019
Viktorino:
Snapdragon 450 is too poor.You didnt mention that.

My old leEco with OS 6.0 came with Snapdragon 652. Lol
Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by Aidejay(m): 7:57am On Aug 20, 2019
Person spend money Dem go talk
U no spend money Dem go talk
grin
There is nothing like village people, the so called "Village people" are here amongst us

7 Likes

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by stephenponti(m): 2:53pm On Aug 20, 2019
Viktorino:

Xiomi Redmi 7 beats this big time

1 Like

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by Nobody: 2:17am On Aug 21, 2019
maasoap:

Yeah, it was a good buy. Old phone that beats some expensive new phones in terms of specs, quality and browsing speed!
snapdragon 652 for 30k is dope...... i swear I've bought this same phone thrice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by techboss1313: 6:13pm On Aug 21, 2019
All this people wey they shout samsung everywhere I bet the samsung galaxy cant even beat this Oppo A5s when it comes to how resistant this device is to water.. Wait for the next launch you are gonna be screaming Oppo. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by dotedote: 6:28pm On Aug 21, 2019
Etizz:

Please which phone is now the best??

Get yourself a Xiaomi & NEVER LOOK BACK.

1 Like

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by greychris: 6:43am On Aug 22, 2019
dotedote:

Get yourself a Xiaomi & NEVER LOOK BACK.
Xiaomi pple will be shouting xiaomi. Xiaomi ni Nahomi ko. Only threatened brands goes all the way doing this. Oppo is the leading brand. cool

5 Likes

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by MrYeezyB: 11:04am On Aug 23, 2019
Bro na wa o. You know this just by looking at the specs? This phone is mad optimised. Check it out before you start talking
eki2000:
the camera will be very average, considering the f2.2 aperture and 2.4 aperture. And to surprise s all, it's only a 720 display, selling at 69,900. na wah ooo

2 Likes

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by MrYeezyB: 11:05am On Aug 23, 2019
Camon 11?? Something wey no reach common A3s. Ogbeni shift
jojothaiv:
Sound like Okpor.....

When Camon 11 Pro is just 45K with those features....

3 Likes

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by MrYeezyB: 11:06am On Aug 23, 2019
How abeg? if you no get money, buy what you can afford. Don't carry golf mentality to look Benz.
CharlesJok3r:
Honestly these oppo are overpriced

2 Likes

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by MrYeezyB: 11:06am On Aug 23, 2019
Which phone you dey use OP?
Inkredible:
People still dey use this kind phone? lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by MrYeezyB: 11:07am On Aug 23, 2019
If you want Snapdragon 855, pay Snapdragon 855 money. Shikena
Viktorino:

4 Likes

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by MrYeezyB: 11:08am On Aug 23, 2019
4230 mAh
Stallione:
like seriously,wot of the ba3 strenght pls?

1 Like

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by MrYeezyB: 11:09am On Aug 23, 2019
No mind all these ITK people abeg. Follow your heart and sense
Etizz:

Please which phone is now the best??

2 Likes

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by MrYeezyB: 11:10am On Aug 23, 2019
Baba earpiece na N200
Chukazu:
Any phone of this price and quality should come with a Headphone at least. How can spend extra money on headphone after buying this?

7 Likes

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by techboss1313: 11:34am On Aug 23, 2019
you go for three camera and ends up rubbish wetin you gain? OP dey think na
billtommy:
I would rather go for a phone with 3 cameras, even at a cheaper price. It's Infinix or nothing
Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by chumsfortech: 12:05pm On Aug 23, 2019
MrYeezyB forget him jare na all this phone users they fit brainwash with local phone spec where no reach
MrYeezyB:
Bro na wa o. You know this just by looking at the specs? This phone is mad optimised. Check it out before you start talking

1 Like

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by chumsfortech: 12:10pm On Aug 23, 2019
chukazu hustle oo make they nor tell you say earpiece na #200
MrYeezyB:
Baba earpiece na N200

2 Likes

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by joeytrib: 2:07pm On Aug 23, 2019
SultanOfAbia:
Another Waste of Money....
They keep upgrading
And mumu ppl will keep buying..

I bought the Oppo A5s last week, and I am highly impressed by enjoying it in full time. battery life BAM! Camera BAM! smiley smiley

7 Likes

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by megabosslevelz: 2:11pm On Aug 23, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy
chumsfortech:
chukazu hustle oo make they nor tell you say earpiece na #200
Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by sexyshola1218: 2:14pm On Aug 23, 2019
Proud mumu like me. I dey enjoy the phone wella.

SultanOfAbia:
Another Waste of Money....
They keep upgrading
And mumu ppl will keep buying..

5 Likes

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by joeytrib: 2:17pm On Aug 23, 2019
MartinsD12:

Who are these people again, total trash how can they sell that trash for 70k when redmi note 7 128gb could be bought with that price, Nokia or umidigi is even better infact even tecno pouvoir 3 plus is better than this trash

lmaooo see you. you dey compare OPPO with all these small children. i can bet you that none of these phones u mentioned is as strong as A5s undecided

2 Likes

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by sexyshola1218: 2:27pm On Aug 23, 2019
I doubt. The phone is a new brand and there are sure lots of factors surrounding the price. Tbh, its fine for me. I have a love for the brand since when i used my friends f11 pro to take pics, nobody ugly i swear! The new cheaper phones should have been in a bid to make something more affordable for people like me. BTW whats a LeEco?
maasoap:

My LeEco of 31,000 naira has 1080*1920 resolution. These two Oppo phones are over priced crap

2 Likes

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by joeytrib: 2:33pm On Aug 23, 2019
maasoap:

please what is a LeEco? LeEco kor Lekan ni. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by aramanda14: 2:38pm On Aug 23, 2019
Ogah allow us wey like am make we usee am. Team oppo like this
eki2000:
the camera will be very average, considering the f2.2 aperture and 2.4 aperture. And to surprise s all, it's only a 720 display, selling at 69,900. na wah ooo

2 Likes

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by maasoap(m): 2:39pm On Aug 23, 2019
joeytrib:

please what is a LeEco? LeEco kor Lekan ni. grin grin grin

That's what I'm using, value for my money. One year old next month. Have you ever heard of Type C Cable? That's the cable that came with it, those cable can charge laptops, still in good health almost one year of constant use.
3gb ram
32gb internal memory
1.8 gigahertz processor
Fast charging technology
I6 megapixel camera
FHD
4k video recording
1080*1920 resolution
Snapdragon 652
All @31k
Top notch quality materials

1 Like

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by maasoap(m): 2:44pm On Aug 23, 2019
sexyshola1218:
I doubt The phone is a new brand and there are sure lots of factors surrounding the price. Tbh, its fine for me. I have a love for the brand since when i used my friends f11 pro to take pics, nobody ugly i swear! The new cheaper phones should have been in a bid to make something more affordable for people like me. BTW whats a LeEco?

Of course, it wasn't made in 2019, 2018 or 2017 because it is operating on OS 6.0 as at last year when I bought it, with updates no longer available for the phone. But if you are talking about whether it is brand new or not, it is brand new and not fairly used. And as long as the phone speed and quality beat that of many brands out there at such a ridiculous price, who cares?

BTW: what is Oppo? It's strange in Nigeria market. The users of LeEco in Nigeria as at today far surpassed the number of Oppo users.
Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by maasoap(m): 2:51pm On Aug 23, 2019
MrYeezyB:
If you want Snapdragon 855, pay Snapdragon 855 money. Shikena

Snapdragon 450 is ridiculous and insane on a N70k phone in 2019! You paid 70k for a phone in September 2019, you deserve something better than that for your money

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Please Which Is The Best Network For Bis Blackberry / ZAIN Mms Settings / 6 Ways To Save Data When Using Mobile Hotspot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.