Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions (20700 Views)

The Oppo Thread (oppo Users: Oppof11pro, Oppok1, Oppo A5s.) / OPPO launches A1k and A5s Mid Range Smartphones Into The Nigerian Market / My Review On Oppo A5s: Phone Loaded With Amazing Features (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by maasoap(m): 3:06pm On Aug 23, 2019
MrYeezyB:
Bro na wa o. You know this just by looking at the specs? This phone is mad optimised. Check it out before you start talking

I'm still trying to understand the level of mad optimization we're talking about with SD 450 in almost year 2020!

2 Likes

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by techboss1313: 3:21pm On Aug 23, 2019
Sleek. Couldnt afford f11 pro but this is for me.

Like their packaging
OEPHIUS:
Oppo recently released two smartphones, the Oppo A5s and Oppo A1k into the Nigerian market.

According to the company, both phones are cheaper than its debut Oppo F11 Pro and hopes to cater to users looking to own the brand at a cheaper cost.

The Oppo A5s has the most specifications of both devices launched, so here are pictures and details on this smartphone.

Specification

Android 8.1 Oreo
6.2 ” HD Water Drop Screen
Octa Core Processors
4GB RAM
64GB internal expandable memory
Dual SIM capability- Nano SIM cards and extra memory card slot
Dual Primary Camera(s) – 13 MP and f/2.2, 2 MP and f/2.4 both with Auto-Focus and flash.
8MP front-facing camera with flash
4,230mAh non-removable battery
4G LTE
Fingerprint Scanner
Face ID
Unboxing
The A5s is packed in a standard white cardboard and accessories are the regular.

Accessories
1 Oppo A5s
1 Charger head
1 USB cord
1 Ejector pin
2 User Guides
1 Plastic casing

Price
Official retail prices of the Oppo A5s in Nigeria are ₦53,900 for a 3GB+32GB variant and ₦69,900 for its 4GB+64GB counterpart.

First Impressions:

After a few uses, here are my quick impressions of this smartphone.

The A5s has a sleek build and an efficient grip that is synonymous with Oppo smartphones. Together with its plastic casing, the Oppo A5s clocks a surprising 194g on the scale considering a supersized battery.

This is lighter than the 222g of the Oppo F11 Pro that carries a 4,000 mAh battery. And makes the A5s easier to carry around. The battery is very powerful.

1 Like

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by greychris: 3:22pm On Aug 23, 2019
maasoap:

Of course, it wasn't made in 2019, 2018 or 2017 because it is operating on OS 6.0 as at last year when I bought with updates no longer available for the phone. But if you are talking about whether it is brand new or not, it is brand new and not fairly used. And as long as the phone speed and quality beat that of many brands out there at such a ridiculous price, who cares?

BTW: what is Oppo? It's strange in Nigeria market. The users of LeEco in Nigeria as at today far surpassed the number of Oppo users.

you don't know OPPO ahhhhhh. brother u need God o.

4 Likes

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by techboss1313: 3:23pm On Aug 23, 2019
If you no wan buy no make another person mumu.
Nigerians and wahala.
Na wao. Wetion Oppo do una?
SultanOfAbia:
Another Waste of Money....
They keep upgrading
And mumu ppl will keep buying..

3 Likes

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by greychris: 3:25pm On Aug 23, 2019
you seriously want to compare OPPO with Tecno
are u okay fam?
jojothaiv:
Sound like Okpor.....

When Camon 11 Pro is just 45K with those features....

3 Likes

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by maasoap(m): 3:30pm On Aug 23, 2019
greychris:

you don't know OPPO ahhhhhh.

I knew Oppo but not popular at all in the Nigeria market and households. You can assemble 1000 phone users randomly and you will still discover that none of them is using Oppo or ever heard of it.

brother u need God o.

I have God though it may be different from yours

1 Like

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by greychris: 3:31pm On Aug 23, 2019
i used to think so too, until i tasted the OPPO A5s
CharlesJok3r:
Honestly these oppo are overpriced

2 Likes

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by MartinsD12(m): 4:36pm On Aug 23, 2019
joeytrib:

lmaooo see you. you dey compare OPPO with all these small children. i can bet you that none of these phones u mentioned is as strong as A5s undecided
What is so special about Oppo?
Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by giggspro(m): 4:55pm On Aug 23, 2019
Xiaomi till 2098!!!
Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by eki2000(m): 5:18pm On Aug 23, 2019
MrYeezyB:
Bro na wa o. You know this just by looking at the specs? This phone is mad optimised. Check it out before you start talking
what do you mean, if you like, let it be crazily optimised, over priced is over prized.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by techboss1313: 6:11pm On Aug 23, 2019
Baba talk with prove na. Oppo phone that has the highest market share than LeEco. Oppo is on a diff level. Forget wetin you dey yan undecided
maasoap:

Of course, it wasn't made in 2019, 2018 or 2017 because it is operating on OS 6.0 as at last year when I bought it, with updates no longer available for the phone. But if you are talking about whether it is brand new or not, it is brand new and not fairly used. And as long as the phone speed and quality beat that of many brands out there at such a ridiculous price, who cares?

BTW: what is Oppo? It's strange in Nigeria market. The users of LeEco in Nigeria as at today far surpassed the number of Oppo users.

1 Like

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by techboss1313: 6:18pm On Aug 23, 2019
Obviously, you will be too old to comprehend the technology Oppo phone works with.
giggspro:
Xiaomi till 2098!!!

1 Like

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by giggspro(m): 7:47pm On Aug 23, 2019
Xiaomi and oppo are in the same league... But I prefer xiaomi to oppo *clear throat drop mic* thank you
Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by maasoap(m): 3:33pm On Aug 24, 2019
techboss1313:
Baba talk with prove na. Oppo phone that has the highest market share than LeEco. Oppo is on a diff level. Forget wetin you dey yan undecided

Oppo is on different level but it has little to nothing market share in Nigeria. It's just being introduced into the Nigeria market. We've been placing orders for LeEco since early last year. That's fact.
Oppo is a leading brand worldwide but these two phones recently introduced into the Nigeria market are over priced when compared with their specs. N70,000 phone with SD 450 in almost year 2020! Haba!

1 Like

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by jojothaiv(m): 5:03pm On Aug 24, 2019
greychris:
you seriously want to compare OPPO with Tecno
are u okay fam?
You're right sir.
Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by jojothaiv(m): 5:03pm On Aug 24, 2019
MrYeezyB:
Camon 11?? Something wey no reach common A3s. Ogbeni shift
You're right sir.
Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by Chukazu: 10:01am On Aug 25, 2019
MrYeezyB:
Baba earpiece na N200

I don't use earpiece...I prefer Headphone.

My SONY Xperia with better functions came with Headphone, am talking of 10k worth ,so?
Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by Redpanter(m): 11:04am On Aug 25, 2019
Oppo F11 Pro - #139000
Oppo A5s 4gb 64gb - #69900
Oppo A3s - #39900
Oppo A5s 3gb 32gb - #53900
Oppo A1k - #44900

Pay on delivery

Fast next day express delivery

kiss kiss kiss

Contact on : https:///2348127838587

1 Like

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by sexyshola1218: 11:02am On Aug 26, 2019
We hope your sony xperia last for you oo. My sis thats always complaining about the phone. I am sure you fell for the headset that came with it. Get a solid phone like oppo o
Chukazu:

I don't use earpiece...I prefer Headphone.

My SONY Xperia with better functions came with Headphone, am talking of 10k worth ,so?
Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by kingcolearchive: 1:23pm On Aug 26, 2019
Looking at the 1st 5 smartphones brand LeEco is never one of them. If you monitor the market share you notice Oppo have said to be a major threat to infinix and tecno. And my broda they didn't mention LeEco
maasoap:

Oppo is on different level but it has little to nothing market share in Nigeria. It's just being introduced into the Nigeria market. We've been placing orders for LeEco since early last year. That's fact.
Oppo is a leading brand worldwide but these two phones recently introduced into the Nigeria market are over priced when compared with their specs. N70,000 phone with SD 450 in almost year 2020! Haba!

1 Like

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by madamjay(f): 3:08pm On Aug 26, 2019
Somebody will pay, maybe not you sha.
I guess the price is set at a rate to check market circumstances.
Na new brand, number 5 for the world for a reason.
maasoap:

Snapdragon 450 is ridiculous and insane on a N70k phone in 2019! You paid 70k for a phone in September 2019, you deserve something better than that for your money

1 Like

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by joeytrib: 3:29pm On Aug 26, 2019
Funny thread. I nearly throway my own . The phone is highly optimized. The camera is amazing. As i no get money for f11 pro, naija too sabi condemn wetin them never even try . Go oppo
OEPHIUS:
Oppo recently released two smartphones, the Oppo A5s and Oppo A1k into the Nigerian market.

According to the company, both phones are cheaper than its debut Oppo F11 Pro and hopes to cater to users looking to own the brand at a cheaper cost.

The Oppo A5s has the most specifications of both devices launched, so here are pictures and details on this smartphone.

Specification

Android 8.1 Oreo
Octa Core Processors
4GB RAM
Dual Primary Camera(s) – 13 MP and f/2.2, 2 MP and f/2.4 both with Auto-Focus and flash.
4G LTE
Fingerprint Scanner
Face ID
Unboxing
The A5s is packed in a standard white cardboard and accessories are the regular.

Accessories
1 Oppo A5s
1 Charger head
1 USB cord
1 Ejector pin
2 User Guides
1 Plastic casing

Price
Official retail prices of the Oppo A5s in Nigeria are ₦53,900 for a 3GB+32GB variant and ₦69,900 for its 4GB+64GB counterpart.

First Impressions:

The A5s has a sleek build and an efficient grip that is synonymous with Oppo smartphones. Together with its plastic casing, the Oppo A5s clocks a surprising 194g on the scale considering a supersized battery.

This is lighter than the 222g of the Oppo F11 Pro that carries a 4,000 mAh battery. And makes the A5s easier to carry around. The battery is very powerful.
Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by joeytrib: 3:33pm On Aug 26, 2019
At number 5 in the world their base is growing. They have nice products sha.
Me na that f11 pro dey my eye walahi!The phone is just heaven in your hands
maasoap:

Of course, it wasn't made in 2019, 2018 or 2017 because it is operating on OS 6.0 as at last year when I bought it, with updates no longer available for the phone. But if you are talking about whether it is brand new or not, it is brand new and not fairly used. And as long as the phone speed and quality beat that of many brands out there at such a ridiculous price, who cares?

2 Likes

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by sexyshola1218: 3:53pm On Aug 26, 2019
Thats value for money.
I have gotten mine.
OEPHIUS:

Specification

Android 8.1 Oreo
Octa Core Processors
4GB RAM
4G LTE
Fingerprint Scanner
Face ID
Unboxing

Accessories
1 Oppo A5s
1 Charger head
1 USB cord
1 Ejector pin
2 User Guides
1 Plastic casing

Price

First Impressions:

1 Like

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by sexyshola1218: 3:57pm On Aug 26, 2019
Nice phone.
Oppo phones just sleek.
OEPHIUS:

Specification

Android 8.1 Oreo
Octa Core Processors
4GB RAM
4G LTE
Fingerprint Scanner
Face ID
Unboxing

Accessories
1 Oppo A5s
1 Charger head
1 USB cord
1 Ejector pin
2 User Guides
1 Plastic casing

Price

First Impressions:

3 Likes

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by aramanda14: 4:01pm On Aug 26, 2019
E worth the hype so?
sexyshola1218:
Thats value for money.
I have gotten mine.

4 Likes

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by sexyshola1218: 4:12pm On Aug 26, 2019
Sure, you go enjoy the phone.
That F11 pro naim i for like buy but kosowo.
A5S nice too.Its like some of their phones never enter naija.
Oppo find x . #Fire
aramanda14:
E worth the hype so?

1 Like

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by kingcolearchive: 4:19pm On Aug 26, 2019
Omo n\ tough question be that o. I for say apple but the Oppo guys too dey try gon.
Etizz:

Please which phone is now the best??

1 Like

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by kingcolearchive: 4:21pm On Aug 26, 2019
Bravo oppo!
Oppo sef don dey hot o.
Cheap phone to capture the market gradually.
I see wetin una do there.
OEPHIUS:

Specification

Android 8.1 Oreo
Octa Core Processors
4GB RAM
4G LTE
Fingerprint Scanner
Face ID
Unboxing

Accessories
1 Oppo A5s
1 Charger head
1 USB cord
1 Ejector pin
2 User Guides
1 Plastic casing

Price

First Impressions:

1 Like

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by kingcolearchive: 4:39pm On Aug 26, 2019
Tasted as na rice an beans. The phone nice sha no doubt.
greychris:
i used to think so too, until i tasted the OPPO A5s

1 Like

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by temiregiddy: 4:41pm On Aug 26, 2019
You self sabi.
kingcolearchive:
Tasted as na rice an beans. The phone nice sha no doubt.

2 Likes

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by Chukazu: 11:35pm On Aug 26, 2019
sexyshola1218:
We hope your sony xperia last for you oo. My sis thats always complaining about the phone. I am sure you fell for the headset that came with it. Get a solid phone like oppo o

Obviously you don't know much about SONY phones

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Etisalat Has Killed Me With Bonus / Huawei Has Confirmed It Is Developing It’s Own Kirin OS To Replace Android / Please Which Is The Best Network For Bis Blackberry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.