Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions (20705 Views)

The Oppo Thread (oppo Users: Oppof11pro, Oppok1, Oppo A5s.) / OPPO launches A1k and A5s Mid Range Smartphones Into The Nigerian Market / My Review On Oppo A5s: Phone Loaded With Amazing Features (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by MrYeezyB: 12:04pm On Aug 28, 2019
Alright then. Different strokes for different folks.
Chukazu:

I don't use earpiece...I prefer Headphone.

My SONY Xperia with better functions came with Headphone, am talking of 10k worth ,so?

4 Likes

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by MrYeezyB: 12:09pm On Aug 28, 2019
Okay sir. Guess the phone is not for you. You want a phone that will go bad after a few months.
eki2000:
what do you mean, if you like, let it be crazily optimised, over priced is over prized.

4 Likes

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by MrYeezyB: 12:10pm On Aug 28, 2019
This has always been the problem with Android users, heavy focus on hardware but you forget that your cheapo phones don't have software optimization. Any one can buy parts and couple a phone but not anyone can make it work optimally and seamlessly.
maasoap:

I'm still trying to understand the level of mad optimization we're talking about with SD 450 in almost year 2020!

4 Likes

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by MrYeezyB: 12:16pm On Aug 28, 2019
Local man cannot can lol
chumsfortech:
MrYeezyB forget him jare na all this phone users they fit brainwash with local phone spec where no reach

2 Likes

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by maasoap(m): 12:31pm On Aug 28, 2019
MrYeezyB:
This has always been the problem with Android users, heavy focus on hardware but you forget that your cheapo phones don't have software optimization. Any one can buy parts and couple a phone but not anyone can make it work optimally and seamlessly.

Android users! What type of user are you? Well, in this September 2019, I can't pay 70k naira for a device with SD 450 no matter the madness of optimisation
Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by maasoap(m): 12:34pm On Aug 28, 2019
MrYeezyB:
Okay sir. Guess the phone is not for you. You want a phone that will go bad after a few months.

Not really. Mine is now 11 months old. Oppo is a good brand, but that doesn't mean they're not exploiting their customers just like Apple and Sammy

2 Likes

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by Andywhty(m): 2:04pm On Aug 28, 2019
Exploiting? I hope you understand the meaning of the word. You paying for their mad and amazing spec is exploiting? Bros reason that word again jare
maasoap:

Not really. Mine is now 11 months old. Oppo is a good brand, but that doesn't mean they're not exploiting their customers just like Apple and Sammy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by techboss1313: 2:08pm On Aug 28, 2019
SMH for you. Wonder where you get your info from. Tecno and infinix wey dey threatened by oppo nor they talk, this are phones quite rated in Nigeria no they talk na leEco come they make noise.
maasoap:

Oppo is on different level but it has little to nothing market share in Nigeria. It's just being introduced into the Nigeria market. We've been placing orders for LeEco since early last year. That's fact.
Oppo is a leading brand worldwide but these two phones recently introduced into the Nigeria market are over priced when compared with their specs. N70,000 phone with SD 450 in almost year 2020! Haba!

1 Like

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by maasoap(m): 8:24pm On Aug 28, 2019
techboss1313:
SMH for you. Wonder where you get your info from. Tecno and infinix wey dey threatened by oppo nor they talk, this are phones quite rated in Nigeria no they talk na leEco come they make noise.

Oppo is not threatening nothing, at least for now.

1 Like

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by maasoap(m): 8:25pm On Aug 28, 2019
Andywhty:
Exploiting? I hope you understand the meaning of the word. You paying for their mad and amazing spec is exploiting? Bros reason that word again jare

Except that I'm still looking for that mad specs
Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by techboss1313: 12:54am On Aug 29, 2019
Yimu wetin this one know self
maasoap:

Oppo is not threatening nothing, at least for now.

1 Like

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by maasoap(m): 7:41am On Aug 29, 2019
techboss1313:
Yimu wetin this one know self

More than you know, believe me
Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by MrYeezyB: 5:15pm On Aug 29, 2019
Doogee, Umdigi and co dey available for thee Lol
maasoap:

Android users! What type of user are you? Well, in this September 2019, I can't pay 70k naira for a device with SD 450 no matter the madness of optimisation
Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by maasoap(m): 10:45pm On Aug 29, 2019
MrYeezyB:
Doogee, Umdigi and co dey available for thee Lol

There are better brands.
Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by dotedote: 10:23am On Aug 30, 2019
maasoap:

I'm still trying to understand the level of mad optimization we're talking about with SD 450 in almost year 2020!

I taya o
When SD636 don dey do me like say I too dey behind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by joeytrib: 12:03pm On Sep 03, 2019
You still sleeping in stone age. You wake to oppo reality soon. grin
jacquincy:

samsung forever bro
Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by jacquincy: 11:44pm On Sep 03, 2019
joeytrib:
You still sleeping in stone age. You wake to oppo reality soon. grin
bro pls buy a samsung and ur life will not remain the same......meanwhile, never buy a product during its beta testing phase......u might end up dissapointed

samsung or nothing
Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by sexyshola1218: 10:01am On Sep 04, 2019
Why una just dey try cast Oppo? Their phones are durable and the phones even have amazing specs

1 Like

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by MrYeezyB: 10:09am On Sep 04, 2019
Like?
maasoap:

There are better brands.

1 Like

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by MrYeezyB: 10:09am On Sep 04, 2019
All I see is enemies lol
sexyshola1218:
Why una just dey try cast Oppo? Their phones are durable and the phones even have amazing specs

2 Likes

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by aramanda14: 10:54am On Sep 04, 2019
The phone makes for that with other features. Its a beast!
maasoap:

Snapdragon 450 is ridiculous and insane on a N70k phone in 2019! You paid 70k for a phone in September 2019, you deserve something better than that for your money

2 Likes

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by kingcolearchive: 11:27am On Sep 04, 2019
Taste kor, shey oppo dey do stew ni. the phone sweet sha
greychris:
i used to think so too, until i tasted the OPPO A5s

2 Likes

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by maasoap(m): 12:19pm On Sep 04, 2019
MrYeezyB:
Like?

Huawei, Xiaomi
Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by techboss1313: 10:31am On Sep 05, 2019
The A5S is really amazing. It cant be the best phone from Oppo, but its worth the price any day.
Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by techboss1313: 10:41am On Sep 05, 2019
That A5s is a beast.
OEPHIUS:
Oppo recently released two smartphones, the Oppo A5s and Oppo A1k into the Nigerian market.

According to the company, both phones are cheaper than its debut Oppo F11 Pro and hopes to cater to users looking to own the brand at a cheaper cost.

The Oppo A5s has the most specifications of both devices launched, so here are pictures and details on this smartphone.

Specification

Android 8.1 Oreo
6.2 ” HD Water Drop Screen
Octa Core Processors
4GB RAM
64GB internal expandable memory
Dual SIM capability- Nano SIM cards and extra memory card slot
Dual Primary Camera(s) – 13 MP and f/2.2, 2 MP and f/2.4 both with Auto-Focus and flash.
8MP front-facing camera with flash
4,230mAh non-removable battery
4G LTE
Fingerprint Scanner
Face ID
Unboxing
The A5s is packed in a standard white cardboard and accessories are the regular.

Accessories
1 Oppo A5s
1 Charger head
1 USB cord
1 Ejector pin
2 User Guides
1 Plastic casing

Price
Official retail prices of the Oppo A5s in Nigeria are ₦53,900 for a 3GB+32GB variant and ₦69,900 for its 4GB+64GB counterpart.

First Impressions:

After a few uses, here are my quick impressions of this smartphone.

The A5s has a sleek build and an efficient grip that is synonymous with Oppo smartphones. Together with its plastic casing, the Oppo A5s clocks a surprising 194g on the scale considering a supersized battery.

This is lighter than the 222g of the Oppo F11 Pro that carries a 4,000 mAh battery. And makes the A5s easier to carry around. The battery is very powerful.
Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by philsjoe: 11:00am On Sep 06, 2019
techboss1313:
That A5s is a beast.
I think this phone specs are nice. Ibawon how's this Phone less comparing with Xiaomi phones please?

1 Like

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by techboss1313: 12:20pm On Sep 11, 2019
Its a new phone in the market but saying you will gather 1000 people, reduce am to 30. This morning me and someone else in a keke of 5 were using Oppo.
maasoap:

I knew Oppo but not popular at all in the Nigeria market and households. You can assemble 1000 phone users randomly and you will still discover that none of them is using Oppo or ever heard of it.

I have God though it may be different from yours

1 Like

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by sexyshola1218: 1:11pm On Sep 11, 2019
Enter youtube for every
dukeo:
OEPHIUS I'm waiting for this review please
Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by sexyshola1218: 1:12pm On Sep 11, 2019
45K where?
jojothaiv:
Sound like Okpor.....

When Camon 11 Pro is just 45K with those features....
Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by sexyshola1218: 1:13pm On Sep 11, 2019
Oppo common these days, more people dey fall in love with the brand steady
techboss1313:
Its a new phone in the market but saying you will gather 1000 people, reduce am to 30. This morning me and someone else in a keke of 5 were using Oppo.

1 Like

Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by joeytrib: 1:35pm On Sep 11, 2019
Phone too cool, the person wey hold the phone hair stand. That guy name fit be Esau lol
OEPHIUS:
Oppo recently released two smartphones, the Oppo A5s and Oppo A1k into the Nigerian market.

According to the company, both phones are cheaper than its debut Oppo F11 Pro and hopes to cater to users looking to own the brand at a cheaper cost.

The Oppo A5s has the most specifications of both devices launched, so here are pictures and details on this smartphone.

Specification

Android 8.1 Oreo
6.2 ” HD Water Drop Screen
Octa Core Processors
4GB RAM
64GB internal expandable memory
Dual SIM capability- Nano SIM cards and extra memory card slot
Dual Primary Camera(s) – 13 MP and f/2.2, 2 MP and f/2.4 both with Auto-Focus and flash.
8MP front-facing camera with flash
4,230mAh non-removable battery
4G LTE
Fingerprint Scanner
Face ID
Unboxing
The A5s is packed in a standard white cardboard and accessories are the regular.

Accessories
1 Oppo A5s
1 Charger head
1 USB cord
1 Ejector pin
2 User Guides
1 Plastic casing

Price
Official retail prices of the Oppo A5s in Nigeria are ₦53,900 for a 3GB+32GB variant and ₦69,900 for its 4GB+64GB counterpart.

First Impressions:

After a few uses, here are my quick impressions of this smartphone.

The A5s has a sleek build and an efficient grip that is synonymous with Oppo smartphones. Together with its plastic casing, the Oppo A5s clocks a surprising 194g on the scale considering a supersized battery.

This is lighter than the 222g of the Oppo F11 Pro that carries a 4,000 mAh battery. And makes the A5s easier to carry around. The battery is very powerful.
Re: Oppo A5s: Unboxing And First Impressions by temiregiddy: 2:52pm On Sep 12, 2019
sexyshola1218:
Oppo common these days, more people dey fall in love with the brand steady
before. Na better phone na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Please Which Is The Best Network For Bis Blackberry / ZAIN Mms Settings / 6 Ways To Save Data When Using Mobile Hotspot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.