Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,287 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Blackface Sues 2baba, Ruggedman And Faze Over Image Damage Of ‘plantashun Boiz’ - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Blackface Sues 2baba, Ruggedman And Faze Over Image Damage Of ‘plantashun Boiz’ (33437 Views)

2Face And Faze Reunite, Perform Live On Stage In Abuja (Photo) / 2face, Blackface And Faze Posed With Miss Nigeria In Throwback Photo / Blackface And Faze Alone Hang Out Together In Abuja (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackface Sues 2baba, Ruggedman And Faze Over Image Damage Of ‘plantashun Boiz’ by chiedozie198100: 9:31am On Aug 20, 2019
"the man is broke, the man is broke". person wey broke dey hire lawyer? grin grin grin
Re: Blackface Sues 2baba, Ruggedman And Faze Over Image Damage Of ‘plantashun Boiz’ by micxwell(m): 9:33am On Aug 20, 2019
maryjames9:

Thumbs up bro. Those nonentities supporting their small gods like 2face, face and rugged man knows no Jack. They spite him, called him bitter, failure. WTF. This guy is fighting for his right. He is like a single voice in the midst of a big world and in a country where true justice, sense of right and wrong has been long sacrificed on the platform of sentimentalism, materialism. Tuface is big, so whatever he did or has done whether bad or despicable should be forgotten because he is a big man and black face becomes the bad guy because he is not that very successful. Same way people will throw someone like Busola Dakolo under the bus because Mr. Chin Yu FAT Oyinbo is a big man of the gods. Money has indeed blinded our sense of justice in this country it has blinded our conscience.

Blackface has the right to express himself and fight for his right. Do not let these bunch of stupid idiots kids on nairaland shut you up. Keep fighting.
Till when bro? That's the question, till when? He has been doing this for years and it has been futile. Don't you think it's time for him to let go and focus on himself? This is Nigeria, the rich bully the poor and they get away with it. He had better move on.
Re: Blackface Sues 2baba, Ruggedman And Faze Over Image Damage Of ‘plantashun Boiz’ by gabicon: 9:35am On Aug 20, 2019
amaks:
When i saw the topic, at first i was like- there goes blackface again, broke and bitter and looking for money and jealous of his former mates. But after reading the content, i see Blackface really has a point. And the steps and action he is taking is the right thing to do. It's very disrespectful if them to bkackface and it's legally not right. It's illegal.
People comment impulsively without reading. Why are people getting lazier to read theses days. It affects a lot of things. Not just about commenting or talking. It manifests in the behavior of the youth these days. Reckless behavior. Behavior not grounded in sound knowledge.

My brother this is Nigeria, the laws that affects our daily survival have not been executed and kept, is it copyright laws that will be kept? As much as a claim may be right if there is no system upholding the claim, it as good as dead on arrival.

Mr Blackface has shaped the perception and narrative of his image, so even if he sneezes it is seen as prior perception. As they say perception of truth is more important than truth itself, I won't blame anyone that sees this as a cheap publicity, the subject shaped their perception.
Re: Blackface Sues 2baba, Ruggedman And Faze Over Image Damage Of ‘plantashun Boiz’ by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:41am On Aug 20, 2019
1StopRudeness:

While blackface is right from a legal angle.. you cannot remove the fact that he’s vindictive about the whole thing... why have an intellectual property if not to make money??....sources have revealed that this dude isn’t ready to sit with tuface and both earn from what they made togeda... his move is more of a ridicule and to show that tuface will always come back to the roots he left when Kennis music came for him alone. Is face and tuface not doing the songs togeda?
What’s stopping him from rolling with them as a former team mate and cash in on the shows together? Emotion is what’s stopping him.. and that emotion is what Nigerians are shredding him for

He has every right to refuse singing with them, thty should just cut off his lyrics and his beats if they want to perform, and if he is the one who wrote the song, they need his permission to sing it, There is always a law court, not reverting to illegality.
Re: Blackface Sues 2baba, Ruggedman And Faze Over Image Damage Of ‘plantashun Boiz’ by brownbib(m): 9:42am On Aug 20, 2019
An idol mind is full of shit. #Hustleharder.
Re: Blackface Sues 2baba, Ruggedman And Faze Over Image Damage Of ‘plantashun Boiz’ by Reffone: 9:45am On Aug 20, 2019
This wan should go and become a lawyer
Re: Blackface Sues 2baba, Ruggedman And Faze Over Image Damage Of ‘plantashun Boiz’ by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 20, 2019
Proudlyngwa:

He has every right to refuse singing with them, thty should just cut off his lyrics and his beats if they want to perform, and if he is the one who wrote the song, they need his permission to sing it, There is always a law court, not reverting to illegality.

ofcourse he has every right to do whateva he wants... ddnt u see the part where I said he’s legally right..
Re: Blackface Sues 2baba, Ruggedman And Faze Over Image Damage Of ‘plantashun Boiz’ by kitombo: 9:49am On Aug 20, 2019
Myself2:

The new copyright law states that artistes on a collaborated song have equal patent rights to the song.That is to say, either or any of the artistes can subsequently perform the song alone without any recourse to or clearance from the main artiste that had the song in their album.Here we are accusing members of a band, albeit defunct, of copyright infringement of their own songs ?? shocked shocked shocked
Tubaba and Faze have not erred in law if they choose to solely perform songs originally done by the now efunct group "plantashun boiz"
Thank you
Thumbs up bro, you've put it succinctly!
Re: Blackface Sues 2baba, Ruggedman And Faze Over Image Damage Of ‘plantashun Boiz’ by rman: 9:49am On Aug 20, 2019
makewetalk2:
hahahaha. blackie blackie blackie. easy on boy. this is not a strong thing.
he may probably have a point there. those guys should stop damaging the image of the band. is hard to accept but blackie began the band. he gave those guys their careers. turns our that he became the least successful. he was really pained and that hurt him. he is resentful and lacks versatility that is why his career suffered. ego killed that man. but do you blame him when they all ripped him off. he brought 2face to lagos and 2face lived with his uncle who worked with customs in lagos. but las lass 2face did him wrong. no doubt. we understand that the man is pained but 2face did not try. the man brought you to lagos, harnessed your singing talent, you lived with his uncle, you stole the man's song, and the man is broken.
ego killed blackface. he felt everyone will remain in that condition, but life changes and you have to accept the changes. blackface is not humble at all. he is a very proud man. and that pride killed him. he is the most talented lyricist of the trio but talent does not sell alone. sometimes shenanigans and luck. Tuface had the best vocal skill in the 3 and Kenny gave him massive promo. Face struggled alone to survive and no manager came in to help his career. he has one bad broken tooth that i think he could have fixed to help his career.
Tuface is the winner and he had it all. If I were blackface, just be humble and go into managing and promotion of younger talents. he could have excelled as a manager instead of an artist cos he is really talented. Igboh cannabis ruined his career. while tuface was polishing himself and edging closer to classy and more refined people, blackie was still forming ghetto and rasta sensi nonsense. He killed himself.
he could have polished himself and he speak better english than face and tuface.
tuface: ultimate opportunist. He got the marketable vocals
face: fix your teeth. Tiny vocals
blackface:ego. heavily talented. cannabis and ghetto. Stop fighting the government fight for your money.

They all live with Blackface senior brother that works in the army when they first arrived Lagos for a very short period
Re: Blackface Sues 2baba, Ruggedman And Faze Over Image Damage Of ‘plantashun Boiz’ by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:05am On Aug 20, 2019
1StopRudeness:

ofcourse he has every right to do whateva he wants... ddnt u see the part where I said he’s legally right..

Of course I saw that, I was referring to where ui said he was being vindictive and I said he has every right to refuse singing with them. But their tuface should not add illegality to it because black faze refused singing with them.
Blackfaze is more of a song writer than an artist, if actually he owns copyright to those songs, then tuface should be really worried if justice really exists
Re: Blackface Sues 2baba, Ruggedman And Faze Over Image Damage Of ‘plantashun Boiz’ by Ajibade123(m): 10:08am On Aug 20, 2019
this blackface never tire. those guys are not even paying him any attention

let leave blackface alone see list of virtual assistant services that can make your life easier
https://explicitsuccess.com/virtual-assistant-services-list/
Re: Blackface Sues 2baba, Ruggedman And Faze Over Image Damage Of ‘plantashun Boiz’ by Kriptune: 10:08am On Aug 20, 2019
Laughable but he has a point tho
Re: Blackface Sues 2baba, Ruggedman And Faze Over Image Damage Of ‘plantashun Boiz’ by jaxxy(m): 10:09am On Aug 20, 2019
Blackface doesn’t know what time it is yet.

Also Plantianshun boys was a group and anybody in that group can use the song as they choose.
Re: Blackface Sues 2baba, Ruggedman And Faze Over Image Damage Of ‘plantashun Boiz’ by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 20, 2019
Proudlyngwa:

Of course I saw that, I was referring to where ui said he was being vindictive and I said he has every right to refuse singing with them. But their tuface should not add illegality to it because black faze refused singing with them.
Blackfaze is more of a song writer than an artist, if actually he owns copyright to those songs, then tuface should be really worried if justice really exists

He doesn’t need to sing with them to cash in on it..but this dude isn’t even trying to cash in on what they did togeda.....it’s almost like a “ I won’t let u make anything from what u walked away from years ago” kinda move.....that’s why it looks kinda vindictive
Re: Blackface Sues 2baba, Ruggedman And Faze Over Image Damage Of ‘plantashun Boiz’ by Kwin1995(f): 10:23am On Aug 20, 2019
Na wa oo,instead of going silently to meet dem to help his career or give him some cash...

This guy is broke��
Re: Blackface Sues 2baba, Ruggedman And Faze Over Image Damage Of ‘plantashun Boiz’ by osesology(m): 10:24am On Aug 20, 2019
makewetalk2:
he may probably have a point there. those guys should stop damaging the image of the band. is hard to accept but blackie began the band. he gave those guys their careers. turns our that he became the least successful. he was really pained and that hurt him. he is resentful and lacks versatility that is why his career suffered. ego killed that man. but do you blame him when they all ripped him off. he brought 2face to lagos and 2face lived with his uncle who worked with customs in lagos. but las lass 2face did him wrong. no doubt. we understand that the man is pained but 2face did not try. the man brought you to lagos, harnessed your singing talent, you lived with his uncle, you stole the man's song, and the man is broken.
ego killed blackface. he felt everyone will remain in that condition, but life changes and you have to accept the changes. blackface is not humble at all. he is a very proud man. and that pride killed him. he is the most talented lyricist of the trio but talent does not sell alone. sometimes shenanigans and luck. Tuface had the best vocal skill in the 3 and Kenny gave him massive promo. Face struggled alone to survive and no manager came in to help his career. he has one bad broken tooth that i think he could have fixed to help his career.
Tuface is the winner and he had it all. If I were blackface, just be humble and go into managing and promotion of younger talents. he could have excelled as a manager instead of an artist cos he is really talented. Igboh cannabis ruined his career. while tuface was polishing himself and edging closer to classy and more refined people, blackie was still forming ghetto and rasta sensi nonsense. He killed himself.
he could have polished himself and he speak better english than face and tuface.
blackface:ego. heavily talented. cannabis and ghetto. Stop fighting the government fight for your money.

na wa! and you had to use all this grammar to buttress your point. Obviously you didn't do comprehensive English in your primary school days. summary is the word.
Re: Blackface Sues 2baba, Ruggedman And Faze Over Image Damage Of ‘plantashun Boiz’ by penguinpikin: 10:40am On Aug 20, 2019
This is bad belle from above. Nobody for.him village fit advice him. What sort of frustration is this one now. Living in bondage
Re: Blackface Sues 2baba, Ruggedman And Faze Over Image Damage Of ‘plantashun Boiz’ by penguinpikin: 10:42am On Aug 20, 2019
Wavvywind:
Mr. Broke-Ass Nigga never moved on?.. Chaii!!!

Person wey snatch dis one girlfriend go talk tire o
. This guy be like Biliki wey lead her squad to her boyfriend house when the guy day bang another babe
Re: Blackface Sues 2baba, Ruggedman And Faze Over Image Damage Of ‘plantashun Boiz’ by hush15: 10:48am On Aug 20, 2019
Nicolex:
Na wa o,guy calm down and release your own song na,still crying over spilled milk.SAD

lets be fair, you cant be singing a song you sang in a band as a solo artist. its misrepresentation. Especially when they are not the author of such songs. thats making waves as solo on a group effort.
Re: Blackface Sues 2baba, Ruggedman And Faze Over Image Damage Of ‘plantashun Boiz’ by Alwaysking: 11:04am On Aug 20, 2019
generationz:

You have said it all my dear.

Blackface issue is a clear case study of how others think people can't rise up without them.

You are right when you say 2face had marketable vocals. Besides he was also quiet so kenny's music use music knew that they could use him to make so much money pocketing more than 70% of his earnings.
So 2face had marketable vocals and looks. While face had the voice that could hit the highest pitch in the group.
Blackface should learn a thing or two from Don jazzy about moving on and becoming someone that earns respect from his craft.
Have you noticed that some very proud musicians never make it after 1 or 2 hit tracks
The list is endless.
From rugged Man
Eedris abdulkareem
Nice and Blackface

These people will not let us rest about how they started industry but you will never hear such from to face because of his gentle nature.
That being said 2face is gentle and talented but is also a thief
You must be foolish for this statement
Re: Blackface Sues 2baba, Ruggedman And Faze Over Image Damage Of ‘plantashun Boiz’ by Roum(m): 11:33am On Aug 20, 2019
makewetalk2:

Guy I can attest to what u said,u've got his profiles!

1 Like

Re: Blackface Sues 2baba, Ruggedman And Faze Over Image Damage Of ‘plantashun Boiz’ by Ladiesdoctor(m): 11:37am On Aug 20, 2019
This guy dey maddd
Re: Blackface Sues 2baba, Ruggedman And Faze Over Image Damage Of ‘plantashun Boiz’ by joepepsy(m): 12:28pm On Aug 20, 2019
See this broke ass. ..Blackface is living larger than your entire family.
satowind:
Am setting up a trust fund account for blackface . All of us need to contribute so he can move on

Gtbank
Sato wind

What that my account number again, amaka please remind me no dey dere dey disappoint people.
Re: Blackface Sues 2baba, Ruggedman And Faze Over Image Damage Of ‘plantashun Boiz’ by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 20, 2019
Myself2:

The new copyright law states that artistes on a collaborated song have equal patent rights to the song.That is to say, either or any of the artistes can subsequently perform the song alone without any recourse to or clearance from the main artiste that had the song in their album.Here we are accusing members of a band, albeit defunct, of copyright infringement of their own songs ?? shocked shocked shocked
Tubaba and Faze have not erred in law if they choose to solely perform songs originally done by the now efunct group "plantashun boiz"
Thank you

Thank you! I have been laughing at some guys' comments here, saying it is illegal to perform the song they all did as a group as if they saw the contract or the agreement they signed as a group. They will perform the songs and even sing his lines and nothing will happen. They all have input in every song they released as a group regardless of who wrote the song.
Re: Blackface Sues 2baba, Ruggedman And Faze Over Image Damage Of ‘plantashun Boiz’ by Kakamorufu(m): 12:53pm On Aug 20, 2019
how ruggedman take enter the matter sef
Re: Blackface Sues 2baba, Ruggedman And Faze Over Image Damage Of ‘plantashun Boiz’ by Femeto: 1:03pm On Aug 20, 2019
Let them perform the songs that were not copyrighted.
Re: Blackface Sues 2baba, Ruggedman And Faze Over Image Damage Of ‘plantashun Boiz’ by satowind(m): 7:56pm On Aug 20, 2019
joepepsy:
See this broke ass. ..Blackface is living larger than your entire family.
who is this fool, not everybody is a pauper like u
Re: Blackface Sues 2baba, Ruggedman And Faze Over Image Damage Of ‘plantashun Boiz’ by joepepsy(m): 12:52am On Aug 21, 2019
Na wa see wetin social media dey cause, I became a millionaire 10 years ago..e no go better for you. .I can feed and train your generation to any level.
satowind:
who is this fool, not everybody is a pauper like u
Re: Blackface Sues 2baba, Ruggedman And Faze Over Image Damage Of ‘plantashun Boiz’ by Nicolex(f): 7:13am On Aug 21, 2019
hush15:

lets be fair, you cant be singing a song you sang in a band as a solo artist. its misrepresentation. Especially when they are not the author of such songs. thats making waves as solo on a group effort.
Major fact is black face has been pained for ages and no one said he can't perform the songs solo too
Re: Blackface Sues 2baba, Ruggedman And Faze Over Image Damage Of ‘plantashun Boiz’ by hush15: 8:33am On Aug 21, 2019
Nicolex:
Major fact is black face has been pained for ages and no one said he can't perform the songs solo too

maybe but on this, am with him a 100 percentage. If you want to perform a group song, you gather your group members. you dont run a one man show on the glory of a group. thats the point.

its different from a song you sang as a solo artist even and your former groupie is saying he also wrote that song. why do you think Mr P is sueing his brothers? Its Because Paul is performing P Square songs as a solo act without the consent of the other member. It wrong professionally, legally and even financially
Re: Blackface Sues 2baba, Ruggedman And Faze Over Image Damage Of ‘plantashun Boiz’ by opebiboy: 9:40am On Aug 21, 2019
Blackface go sleep

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Teni Playing Bench Tennis In Front Of A Shop (Video) / Jaruma Granted Bail After 4 Days In Custody As Youth Protest Against Fake News / Nse Ikpe-Etim Celebrates 44th Birthday With Adorable Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.