Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

What Is The Most Funny Name You Come Across? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is The Most Funny Name You Come Across? (7359 Views)

Be Sincere, What Will Be Your Reaction If You Come Across This. / Most Funny Advertisement This 2014 / How Did You Come About Nl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Most Funny Name You Come Across? by Akolawole(m): 1:39am On Jan 19, 2006
Nairalanders,

What is the most funny Name you ever come across? and if you know, what is thier nationality?

I met this guy from Mauritius.
His name is SOOPRAMANIEN VYTHELINGAPADIACHY

I cant even pronounce this properly, What about you?
Re: What Is The Most Funny Name You Come Across? by ghettochyk(f): 3:49am On Jan 19, 2006
i saw someone named Bimbo. it's funny if u no what bimbo means in english.  embarassed i hope this is no one's name here, if it is, i guess it ain't too funny undecided.
Re: What Is The Most Funny Name You Come Across? by WesleyanA(f): 3:54am On Jan 19, 2006
that's my cousins name actually  cheesy. it's yoruba. it really doesn't mean anything.
ABIMBOLA does <-- that's the full spelling. the meaning is kind of confusing but something along the line of "we give birth to riches"?  lipsrsealed

Buba is her nick name though.
Re: What Is The Most Funny Name You Come Across? by snazzydawn(f): 7:57am On Jan 19, 2006
I come across funny names everyday,here are some
Okon Okposong Itong
Adiaha Nkoriko
Oqua
they are all calabar names........the list is endless,names nervewracking grin
Re: What Is The Most Funny Name You Come Across? by thelastdon(m): 9:35am On Jan 19, 2006
Sogologobangoshegbangbolamisatitan.

thats a fine name tho many are still coming in
Re: What Is The Most Funny Name You Come Across? by IAH(f): 7:00pm On Jan 19, 2006
Ghettochyk, Bimbo is a very common Nigerian (yoruba) name. Like Wesley said, it's A[b]BIMBO[/b]LA in full and it means "I was born into wealth/riches".

WesleyanA:

"we give birth to riches"
This one means OWOLABI. Wesley, go and polish your Yoruba skills. lipsrsealed cheesy  grin rolleyes
Re: What Is The Most Funny Name You Come Across? by Z4M4eva(f): 11:18pm On Jan 19, 2006
Sh!t...almost all my teachers in Secondary School and also in college have got funny names...names like..Winterbourne(Sociology Teacher),hinkinbottom(Law Teacher) Uppendown(Science Teacher) Button(Joe Button - Maths Teacher)Fisher(Mr Dave Fisher - English Teacher) - they all british
Re: What Is The Most Funny Name You Come Across? by nike4luv(f): 11:19pm On Jan 19, 2006
hehe, oyinbo people gat funny names Miss Apple Bum
Re: What Is The Most Funny Name You Come Across? by Z4M4eva(f): 11:21pm On Jan 19, 2006
I know...L.O.L cheesy
Re: What Is The Most Funny Name You Come Across? by Akolawole(m): 2:36am On Jan 20, 2006
@ IAH
IAH:
it's A[b]BIMBO[/b]LA in full and it means "I was born into wealth/riches".
"yORUBA TEACHER", Dont forget Bisola is different from Bimbo
Re: What Is The Most Funny Name You Come Across? by buckeye(m): 7:18am On Jan 20, 2006
Akolawole:

@ IAH[b]"yORUBA TEACHER", Dont forget Bisola is different from Bimbo [/b]

Yoruba language, too complicated.
Re: What Is The Most Funny Name You Come Across? by ZuluNation(m): 7:23am On Jan 20, 2006
Why would a parent name a kid Bimbo. If my parents did such a heinous crime to me, I'll disown them.
Re: What Is The Most Funny Name You Come Across? by idiotboop(f): 6:00am On Mar 07, 2006
well guys idont know if its the name or the story that is funny
But when i was in school i am talking 14/15yr old, we had this new boy in our class and my friends and i joked about how he looked wierd and there was something about him that cracked us up every time we saw him , so out of the blue i said hey look at ''okiemute'' of course this was not his name and we all secretly called him ''okiemute every time. One day my friend came to visit and my dad brought home his old friend and he had with him a little girl and i was busy saying to my friend thats my uncle and i heard him call out, ''okiemute'' his daughter to my horror, my friend ran out laughing and wanted to die. I never knew it was actually a name and for the love of God dont know where it came from. Any way it was ironic and served me right for being a little snob and a horrid teen cheesy I still think its a silly name real or not
Re: What Is The Most Funny Name You Come Across? by buckeye(m): 7:28am On Mar 07, 2006
how do u pronounce it? just curious .
Re: What Is The Most Funny Name You Come Across? by dafman(m): 1:58pm On Mar 07, 2006
funny stuff, okiemute is a common name in urhobo land. it sounds like ' oh kie moo tey'
Re: What Is The Most Funny Name You Come Across? by buckeye(m): 6:36pm On Mar 07, 2006
haha, it is sure funny cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is The Most Funny Name You Come Across? by eveseh(f): 4:08pm On May 20, 2006
in holland these people have very funny names,some last name are,tree,water,wall
chiar,stupid stupid last names it's very funny
Re: What Is The Most Funny Name You Come Across? by mukina2: 4:13pm On May 20, 2006
yelloduke etinnamaw
penda
Re: What Is The Most Funny Name You Come Across? by SisiEko1(f): 3:46pm On Jan 22, 2010
ALAPIRIN, pronouced ala-kpin-rin grin
Re: What Is The Most Funny Name You Come Across? by oderemo(m): 5:02pm On Jan 22, 2010
once had a colleague long time ago by the name ABEDO. meaning beg for sex .{ an old yoruba name} she hated it to high heavens.
Re: What Is The Most Funny Name You Come Across? by oseiwe(m): 5:45am On Jan 23, 2010
I go bayelsa, hear funny names, discover sey calabar dey learn but my all time best na Dumebi, I heard DOLL-BABY n d fine girl responded.
Re: What Is The Most Funny Name You Come Across? by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 23, 2010
check dis out, orobosa okonedo. if u are yoruba,u'll know what i mean.
Re: What Is The Most Funny Name You Come Across? by sweetpie23: 5:34pm On Jan 24, 2010
so many to list
Re: What Is The Most Funny Name You Come Across? by Nobody: 1:02am On Jun 07, 2010
Re: What Is The Most Funny Name You Come Across? by Nobody: 8:24am On Jun 07, 2010
Had a friend in junior high named >>> Abuja thankGod
Re: What Is The Most Funny Name You Come Across? by Nobody: 4:40am On Jun 08, 2010
once had a  colleague long time ago by the name ABEDO. meaning  beg for sex .{ an old yoruba name} she hated it to high heavens.

abedo probably means beg [or appeal to someone] to stay, though people would take it to mean beg for sex.

the "do" in this instance might be "stay", not "sex"
Re: What Is The Most Funny Name You Come Across? by bece: 9:03am On Jun 08, 2010
Finecountry
Re: What Is The Most Funny Name You Come Across? by indie22(f): 12:50pm On Jun 08, 2010
Had a classmate in secondary school, her name was Patricia Edo-kpa

cracked me up all the time!
Re: What Is The Most Funny Name You Come Across? by omamokta: 3:45pm On Jun 09, 2010
Woodhead from Northeast England. In Igbo Land its isi nku
Re: What Is The Most Funny Name You Come Across? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 09, 2010
Ironbar Ededem
Re: What Is The Most Funny Name You Come Across? by mki: 9:45pm On Jun 09, 2010
I was in NUGA Games some years back in Nigeria and saw a girl whose surname was IKPU. I drew the attention of my friend and we asked her to pronouoce it but she refused. Any Igbo person knows it is a funny name. She probably knew too.
Re: What Is The Most Funny Name You Come Across? by pocahontas: 6:31pm On Jun 20, 2010
Prof. Drinkwater, one of my lecturers at Uni. Nice man though. Prof. Little too.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ogugua88 Added As Romance Mod. / Vita Foam Vs Mouka Foam? Who Wins? Which Is More Affordable? / SHOCKING VIDEO: Woman Gives Birth In Her Grave After Being Buried For 4 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.