Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Can Anyone Explain This? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can Anyone Explain This? (767 Views)

Zenith Bank Needs To Explain This Outrageous Charges / Can Somebody Explain This? If An Being Scam By DHL / Please Who Can Explain This Dhl Tracking For Am Confused ( Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Anyone Explain This? by healthserve(m): 1:54pm On Aug 20, 2019
I
Re: Can Anyone Explain This? by Xchangemadeeasy: 2:03pm On Aug 20, 2019
You don't need to ponder over it and you are not being ripped off. Its a tax that is remitted to government and its equally borne by the final consumer. This tax is mostly applicable to restaurant and bar and it has been a subject of discussion even to the law court where it was decided that its wrong to collect. It has been a subject of controversy which is why you have not seen it before but governments especially Lagos State Internal Revenue Service have found a way outside the court proclamation to be able to charge this tax in other to ensure its being collect and they are pursuing it aggressively which is why companies operating restaurant and bars have no other option than to implement it and start collecting. Take note of this as you visit other businesses in this line

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Anyone Explain This? by healthserve(m): 3:03pm On Aug 20, 2019
Xchangemadeeasy:
You don't need to ponder over it and you are not being ripped off. Its a tax that is remitted to government and its equally borne by the final consumer. This tax is mostly applicable to restaurant and bar and it has been a subject of discussion even to the law court where it was decided that its wrong to collect. It has been a subject of controversy which is why you have not seen it before but governments especially Lagos State Internal Revenue Service have found a way outside the court proclamation to be able to charge this tax in other to ensure its being collect and they are pursuing it aggressively which is why companies operating restaurant and bars have no other option than to implement it and start collecting. Take note of this as you visit other businesses in this line

Lengthy speech.

I have no problem paying tax regardless of amount. I have problem with the tag Consumption Tax. Be it Nigeria, be it Europe, I fond it condescending on humans. Learn to comprehend before you pull he trigger, please
Re: Can Anyone Explain This? by UltraSphinx(m): 8:29pm On Nov 23, 2019
healthserve:

Lengthy speech.

I have no problem paying tax regardless of amount. I have problem with the tag Consumption Tax. Be it Nigeria, be it Europe, I fond it condescending on humans. Learn to comprehend before you pull he trigger, please

Value Added Tax!

(1) (Reply)

If You Are Serious About Earning Money Via Paypal, Come In / Get My Tinder Subscription Activated And Get Paid Double. / How To Get your Business Found On Google Search And Maps (free)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.