Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,404 members, 7,812,192 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About (47957 Views)

The Most Common Problems With Mercedes-benz Cars / 4 Common Causes Of Brake Pedal Vibration And How To Fix It! / 14 Most Common Problems With Used And Second-hand Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by stealmatic(m): 6:41pm On Aug 20, 2019
post=81439813:
Always love your thread Josh!

We can relate to this,
But, After all these,
The thing is that Honda is still one of the most reliable and trusted car in Nigeria for many decades now, we think only Toyota is slightly ahead of Honda for many years till now.
HONDA ROCKS!

Can someone kindly help this gentleman to make a good decision please?

Used to have a Crosstour till 2015, and it never disappoint for a day.
Durable and trustworthy.
dat bbq biz must be payin big time abi na money frm .... ...?
Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:46pm On Aug 20, 2019
All Glory to Jesus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by Justbeingreal(m): 6:52pm On Aug 20, 2019
BeardedTraveler:

You can't go wrong with a Civic, no ball joint issue. But if you wanna do Accord, you've got to pay attention to the warning signs that the ball joint gives, if you act accordingly you'll be fine with Accord too.

Honda's got one of the best interiors and except u are going for avalon, more recent corollas or top of the range camrys, you just might be disappointed with what Toyota is offering in that segment
I got your point about the paying attention part is a normal thing for car owners but driving with your heart in your mouth especially when you hit a pot hole because of the ball joint scare is damn stressful.

The Honda civic you talked about are you 100% certain it doesn't have ball joint issues like the accord?
Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 20, 2019
I have been riding different models of Honda for the past 12 years but i have never experienced any problem listed above.
Poor maintenance habit is culprit to those problems.

4 Likes

Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by liverpudian9(m): 6:59pm On Aug 20, 2019
I'm a fan of golf 3
Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by Bluffly: 7:00pm On Aug 20, 2019
It is only One major brand of Honda that does the pulling issue and that is Accord. Another that does can be CRV.
Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by mekuxiani(m): 7:09pm On Aug 20, 2019
after 80000 km your to change your ATF fluid with confirmed honda transmission fluid

3 Likes

Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by agabusta: 7:14pm On Aug 20, 2019
DarkJeddi:
[b][/b]Of what use is a sweet interior that you cannot drive? undecided

What do you mean you cant drive? Honda engine packs more power and the shocks are stronger.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by voltront: 7:15pm On Aug 20, 2019
More...
Oxygen sensor,
Belt adjuster noise,
Stabilzer linkage,
Honda civic.....rubbish car.
Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by agabusta: 7:17pm On Aug 20, 2019
DelilahMakinde:
What's that annoying noise when the a/c is on ...??

Mukaila called it belt adjuster.

Tensioner
Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by oyeb15: 7:23pm On Aug 20, 2019
All these problems stops with Honda EOD version. Later versions of Honda don't get these problems.

1 Like

Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by starbright4real(m): 7:25pm On Aug 20, 2019
gud day, pls i seriously need a job, i am a graduate of accounting (hnd) 07037799108
Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by xpool(m): 7:30pm On Aug 20, 2019
Abbeyrazaq20:
It's user that is rough and the road not the Brand
Do you know how many times Honda has been summoned by American congress? Do you know how many times some Honda models have been recalled from the market?

1 Like

Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by Bizibi(m): 7:34pm On Aug 20, 2019
But Honda has fixed the ball joint problem in the new generation models

1 Like

Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by Whynotthetruth(m): 7:38pm On Aug 20, 2019
cerpvad:
There two types of ball joints for Honda EOD and DC, the one with a tiny neck and the one with a thick neck.
Always ensure you go for the one with a thick neck. With this, your EOD or DC will not be experiencing ball joints failure no matter how rough the road is.
pictorial illustrations plzzzz
Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by femi4: 7:43pm On Aug 20, 2019
tillaman:
EOD, discussion continue owners can relate well!
My first ride was Honda EOD
Big mistake, disaster
The thing dey yawo anyhow, the thing too disgrace me ehn, I remember the day wey I dey sign out for school, one of the worst days ever I no fit cry
Toyota any day anytime
you suppose dey change ball joints every 6months

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by ehiaze(m): 7:58pm On Aug 20, 2019
For every car maintenance is key. I used Honda for over 5 years and I never had joints issues, the only issue I always had then was engine sitting wahala and wasn't even much of an issue.
I presently drive a Nissan Sentra the experience is very different and unfavorable
Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by femi4: 8:06pm On Aug 20, 2019
Abbeyrazaq20:
It's user that is rough and the road not the Brand
You ve never driven honda before
Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by Kobicove(m): 8:10pm On Aug 20, 2019
Justbeingreal:
embarassed

Una go just de make me fear Honda. And they got one of the best interior designs but the complains here and there is scary..

Shey na interior design you wan chop?! undecided

Better go for functionality which Toyota offers

1 Like

Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by erico2k2(m): 8:11pm On Aug 20, 2019
Kobicove:

Shey na interior design you wan chop?! undecided

Better go for functionality which Toyota offers
nor be wen rain dey fall E dey like say you dey outside the car lol
Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by Weathered: 8:11pm On Aug 20, 2019
AutoJoshNG:

Honda produces wonderful cars that are very pleasing to drive. The comfortable seats, the spacious leg room, the mind-blowing stereo, the balance and stability while driving, are some of the things those that have driven Honda cars can’t easily forget.

When you see a Honda enthusiast, don’t be surprised he/she will give you a thousand and one reasons why you should own a Honda.

Even though Honda cars are packed with all these goodies, it can as well at some point develop issues; just like every other car. This could be mechanical or electrical faults which most times seem inherent to the brand. But it largely depends on usage and maintenance culture.

We took it upon ourselves to point out the some of the problems Honda users often complain about as they use their cars.

These are the most common Honda problems Nigerian users complain about

1. Ball joint failure:

This is a very common fault in Honda. It is one of the major reasons most Nigerians frown at buying Honda products especially the Accord. A lot of people will tell you they are not ready to experience the “Honda Surprise”.

Surprisingly, this can be avoided if you pay close attention to your car. Read our post on “3 Symptoms of a Bad or Failing Ball Joint” so you don’t fall a victim someday.

2. Transmission failure:

This is another issue Honda users complain about. At a certain mileage, people complain how their transmission suddenly starts misbehaving. Symptoms like delayed gear change, surging of vehicle, grinding noise in the transmission, gear slip etc. This problem most times lead to complete overhaul or total replacement of the transmission.

Some times, flushing off the old transmission fluid and replacing with fresh one can do the magic of making your car function properly. Don’t fail to read our post on “5 Signs That Indicate Your Transmission Needs To Be Flushed” you may find it helpful someday.

3. Oil and coolant leaks:

Honda users of certain models complain about oil and coolant leaks. Engine oil leaks externally or coolants make their way into the combustion chamber due to faulty head gasket. Replacing the head gasket solved this problem for most Honda users.

4. Failure of Power Window Switch:

On Certain Honda car models, a faulty power window switch can cause the power windows to work or not work periodically.

Do you own a Honda and has been experiencing a fault not listed here? kindly let us know using the comment section. We would also appreciate if you tell us how you solved the problem.

SOURCE: https://autojosh.com/common-problems-honda-cars-nigerians-complain/
written with all the glory of a true African ignoramus.

4 Likes

Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 20, 2019
tillaman:
EOD, discussion continue owners can relate well!
My first ride was Honda EOD
Big mistake, disaster
The thing dey yawo anyhow, the thing too disgrace me ehn, I remember the day wey I dey sign out for school, one of the worst days ever I no fit cry
Toyota any day anytime
Sure man... It's either Toyota or lexus...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by ozo13(m): 8:31pm On Aug 20, 2019
AutoJoshNG:

Honda produces wonderful cars that are very pleasing to drive. The comfortable seats, the spacious leg room, the mind-blowing stereo, the balance and stability while driving, are some of the things those that have driven Honda cars can’t easily forget.

When you see a Honda enthusiast, don’t be surprised he/she will give you a thousand and one reasons why you should own a Honda.

Even though Honda cars are packed with all these goodies, it can as well at some point develop issues; just like every other car. This could be mechanical or electrical faults which most times seem inherent to the brand. But it largely depends on usage and maintenance culture.

We took it upon ourselves to point out the some of the problems Honda users often complain about as they use their cars.

1. Ball joint failure:

This is a very common fault in Honda. It is one of the major reasons most Nigerians frown at buying Honda products especially the Accord. A lot of people will tell you they are not ready to experience the “Honda Surprise”.

Surprisingly, this can be avoided if you pay close attention to your car. Read our post on “3 Symptoms of a Bad or Failing Ball Joint” so you don’t fall a victim someday.

2. Transmission failure:

This is another issue Honda users complain about. At a certain mileage, people complain how their transmission suddenly starts misbehaving. Symptoms like delayed gear change, surging of vehicle, grinding noise in the transmission, gear slip etc. This problem most times lead to complete overhaul or total replacement of the transmission.

Some times, flushing off the old transmission fluid and replacing with fresh one can do the magic of making your car function properly. Don’t fail to read our post on “5 Signs That Indicate Your Transmission Needs To Be Flushed” you may find it helpful someday.

Honda users of certain models complain about oil and coolant leaks. Engine oil leaks externally or coolants make their way into the combustion chamber due to faulty head gasket. Replacing the head gasket solved this problem for most Honda users.

On Certain Honda car models, a faulty power window switch can cause the power windows to work or not work periodically.

Do you own a Honda and has been experiencing a fault not listed here? kindly let us know using the comment section. We would also appreciate if you tell us how you solved the problem.

thanks bro.please my EOD 2005 consume alot of fuel.I was told today the "indomie"(catalytic converter) needs to be changed.
2ndly it slows before it engage when i match the gear after i make a turn in a junction.could it be a gear problem
Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by DarkJeddi(m): 8:48pm On Aug 20, 2019
agabusta:

What do you mean you cant drive? Honda engine packs more power and the shocks are stronger.
Obviously,Toyota has better reputation for durability in Nigeria,

So I asked, of what use is a sweet interior if their cars are prone to be less reliable on Nigerian roads..

1 Like

Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by adeblow(m): 8:58pm On Aug 20, 2019
AutoJoshNG:

1. Ball joint failure:

2. Transmission failure:

Interesting read, waiting for other car brand versions
Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by Whynow(m): 9:05pm On Aug 20, 2019
DelilahMakinde:
What's that annoying noise when the a/c is on ...??

Mukaila called it belt adjuster.

Belt tensioner or compressor /bearings.
Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by Skoopy(m): 9:05pm On Aug 20, 2019
Justbeingreal:
embarassed

Una go just de make me fear Honda. And they got one of the best interior designs but the complains here and there is scary..

Bro. Buy your Honda and rock it, my first 2 cars were Camry (1996 and later 2000), the pleasure and performance is nothing compared to my current Honda 2007(DC). Just have an ear to listen to small details (like unusual noise) and you're good to go.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by naijadrivablog: 9:28pm On Aug 20, 2019
autojoshng, you didn't point out that some models (Civic) do not pull and that from 2009 models of accord do not pull

3 Likes

Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by thomastruck: 9:39pm On Aug 20, 2019
Rubbish ,Honda is far better than Toyota

1 Like

Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by adanny01(m): 9:42pm On Aug 20, 2019
BrainSanitizer:

That's why Honda cars are relatively cheaper than Toyota/Lexus cars of similar specs.

I won't mention the king of them all; Mercedes!

In that cheapness the most value lays.

1 Like

Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by sacx: 9:49pm On Aug 20, 2019
Jarus:
Currently experiencing #3 for my Honda Pilot.

Have used 3 Honda in the last 10 years (Civic, EOD $ Pilot) and never experienced that common issue - #1.

Generally, I consider Honda a decent, low-maintenance car.

Do you use manufacturer recommended engine oil or the common 20W50?
Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by Franklyspeakin: 9:50pm On Aug 20, 2019
This is spiritual.
CocoaOla:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Could This Be The First Lamborghini Urus In Nigeria? (photo) / Would You Buy This 5,600mile 1994 Toyota Supra Turbo For N36 Million? (photos) / Xiaomi Unveils Its First Car And Its Sleek And ELECTRIC!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.