Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,469 members, 7,812,431 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About (47960 Views)

The Most Common Problems With Mercedes-benz Cars / 4 Common Causes Of Brake Pedal Vibration And How To Fix It! / 14 Most Common Problems With Used And Second-hand Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by Manspeaks(m): 9:55pm On Aug 20, 2019
Justbeingreal:
embarassed

Una go just de make me fear Honda. And they got one of the best interior designs but the complains here and there is scary..

Please, don't listen to the complaints here if you want to buy a car; just buy the one you can afford.

1 Like

Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by vertueptime: 9:55pm On Aug 20, 2019
U forgot a major issue, power steering failure for accords
Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by adanny01(m): 10:01pm On Aug 20, 2019
Justbeingreal:
I got your point about the paying attention part is a normal thing for car owners but driving with your heart in your mouth especially when you hit a pot hole because of the ball joint scare is damn stressful.

The Honda civic you talked about are you 100% certain it doesn't have ball joint issues like the accord?

Even when i broke my wheel one time after hitting a nasty pothole at 140kmph, my ball joint is still intact since 2013 when i bought the car Naija used. I have recently clocked 200k miles on the car still rocking the factory fitted ball joint.

As soon as i buy one chinko ball joint, am sure i will start driving with my heart in my mouth!!!

2 Likes

Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by Surelay: 10:01pm On Aug 20, 2019
Honda civic don't have ball joint problems
Honda have more better interior
I Google search the comparison between Honda civic with Toyota corolla Honda civic won in most aspects
Even Honda civic is expensive than Toyota corolla

1 Like

Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by adanny01(m): 10:03pm On Aug 20, 2019
voltront:
More...
Oxygen sensor,
Belt adjuster noise,
Stabilzer linkage,
Honda civic.....rubbish car.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but even the fuel economy that Corollas boast of, Civic beats the Corolla hands down on that category.

Meanwhile, the CIvic type R is competing with the likes of Lexus at performance level.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 20, 2019
My central lock lock at will, immediately i on ignition and close the door it will lock. Only the driver side that open with remote control now unlike before 2x press of remote control open all the doors.

Secondly, my head lamp is not bright at all ordinary keke napep chase me out of the road one night.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by tramzy7: 10:09pm On Aug 20, 2019
Flier:
Its not Nigerian road it’s the car,most times they don’t use Car more than 10 years in developed worlds so it’s difficult to know it’s durability
Come to think of it,why always HONDA? And that ball joint is only one of the problems,it has several problems not mentioned in this post
Electrical problem,brain box and so on
you sabi lie o, have been using my Honda for over two years now, it has never for once dissapointed, it must give you sign before it pulls out, unless you no get money to take repair the car In time, that's when it bleeps you up anytime
Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by adanny01(m): 10:11pm On Aug 20, 2019
Felixamos:

Sure man... It's either Toyota or lexus...

I have owned an EOD since 2013 and have neither changed the ball joint or shocks.

A Toyota would have changed all 4 shock absorber twice a year since then. That is called penny wise pound foolish.
Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by bigfather(m): 10:12pm On Aug 20, 2019
CocoaOla:

Oluwa ooo ! cool
Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by adanny01(m): 10:14pm On Aug 20, 2019
vertueptime:

That is for those who are not aware that ATF is not Power steering oil. Honda doesn't forgive ignorance neither does the law.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by tramzy7: 10:16pm On Aug 20, 2019
agabusta:

What do you mean you cant drive? Honda engine packs more power and the shocks are stronger.
please help me tell him, I doubt if him get car sef
Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by tramzy7: 10:17pm On Aug 20, 2019
Honda speed pass Toyota.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by vertueptime: 10:18pm On Aug 20, 2019
adanny01:

That is for those who are not aware that ATF is not Power steering oil. Honda doesn't forgive ignorance neither does the law.

Lol in naija atf means powersteering fluid
Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by adanny01(m): 10:21pm On Aug 20, 2019
vertueptime:

Lol in naija atf means powersteering fluid

If you really think that is correct, please never buy a Honda, because even your own 2 legs go turn k.

1 Like

Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by nurusystem(m): 10:36pm On Aug 20, 2019
EOD fuel consumption
Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by teelarryberry(m): 10:40pm On Aug 20, 2019
RealDonaldTrump:
The ball joint problem is a Nigerian road problem. I have not seen 1 honda car in 4 years with a dislocated ball joint here in USA. This information might help buyers know that it is a bad road issue and not the car itself

My Inlaw has been using Honda ,,discussion continues for 5 years now ,,no ball joint issues ,,doh he drive's it in Abuja,,,an abuja has de best road network in Nigeria,, sometimes he use too wonder why people complain of ball joint with Honda,,,cos him never experience am ,,,
Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by thebigkendo(m): 10:48pm On Aug 20, 2019
Another Honda vs Toyota thread..

Obekediamondfuto kingreign Banky3w TheCar come & do your thing...
Iyam coming grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10067836_micslny85sx11_jpeg2bc25b5bd1321b3ec813a73f6a5e3228
Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by MicroBox: 10:56pm On Aug 20, 2019
Is there any solution to most EOD stereo making Pop/crackle/loud noise before stopping to talk and sometimes, the sound will come up again. Is there any solution. Sometimes I use Bluetooth speaker memory card to listen to radio/music which the sound can't be compare to the car sound system.
Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 20, 2019
adanny01:

I have owned an EOD since 2013 and have neither changed the ball joint or shocks.

A Toyota would have changed all 4 shock absorber twice a year since then. That is called penny wise pound foolish.
Would I be rude if I said i don't care? If yes then here's a more polite answer; everyone has a preference and I'm not ready to argue car talks right now or ever... You like Honda for your reason and I like Toyota and lexus for my reasons based on experience... Enjoy your Honda man!

1 Like

Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:07pm On Aug 20, 2019
thebigkendo:
Another Honda vs Toyota thread..

Obekediamondfuto kingreign Banky3w TheCar come & do your thing...
Iyam coming grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10067836_micslny85sx11_jpeg2bc25b5bd1321b3ec813a73f6a5e3228

adanny is already here and I can see a lot of sentiments everywhere so lemme just watch the Hiace Vs ____
Hilux Vs Ridgeline
etc etc etc
Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:10pm On Aug 20, 2019
MicroBox:
Is there any solution to most EOD stereo making Pop/crackle/loud noise before stopping to talk and sometimes, the sound will come up again. Is there any solution. Sometimes I use Bluetooth speaker memory card to listen to radio/music which the sound can't be compare to the car sound system.

stop using ur radio in ur EOD oh... u need ur ears to be attentive for other noises na.....

#runsouttathread#

1 Like

Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 20, 2019
tramzy7:
Honda speed pass Toyota.
You should be more specific with the model and year...
Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by MicroBox: 11:11pm On Aug 20, 2019
adanny01:

What about the white container ABRO which is common around. Beside can using original power steering stop the leak from steering shaft?
Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 20, 2019
Surelay:
Honda civic don't have ball joint problems
Honda have more better interior
I Google search the comparison between Honda civic with Toyota corolla Honda civic won in most aspects
Even Honda civic is expensive than Toyota corolla
Ehn! Maybe you're talking of the recent ones sha... My guy just sold his Honda civic cause of so many issues including ball joint... Though I don't know the year of his own...
Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by thebigkendo(m): 11:15pm On Aug 20, 2019
Skoopy:

Bro. Buy your Honda and rock it, my first 2 cars were Camry (1996 and later 2000), the pleasure and performance is nothing compared to my current Honda 2007(DC). Just have an ear to listen to small details (like unusual noise) and you're good to go.

Chai.. See comparism na grin
Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by Femeto: 11:46pm On Aug 20, 2019
vertueptime:
Am telling you.

1 Like

Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by Geosystem(m): 12:17am On Aug 21, 2019
RealDonaldTrump:
The ball joint problem is a Nigerian road problem. I have not seen 1 honda car in 4 years with a dislocated ball joint here in USA. This information might help buyers know that it is a bad road issue and not the car itself

Fake spare part.

1 Like

Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by Geosystem(m): 12:20am On Aug 21, 2019
uncle005:
My central lock lock at will, immediately i on ignition and close the door it will lock. Only the driver side that open with remote control now unlike before 2x press of remote control open all the doors.

Secondly, my head lamp is not bright at all ordinary keke napep chase me out of the road one night.

I had to get extra lightings underneath the existing one
Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by adanny01(m): 12:37am On Aug 21, 2019
MicroBox:

What about the white container ABRO which is common around. Beside can using original power steering stop the leak from steering shaft?

When you have a leak, the seals are bad. The seals would have been better if it were original Power steering oil not ATF in the system.
Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by AMvanquish: 3:33am On Aug 21, 2019
If you drive on good and smooth roads, this ball joint issue won't disturb you.
Also, once you change the factory fitted ball joint, story don change be that.

Talking from experience.
Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by BeardedTraveler: 4:55am On Aug 21, 2019
Justbeingreal:
I got your point about the paying attention part is a normal thing for car owners but driving with your heart in your mouth especially when you hit a pot hole because of the ball joint scare is damn stressful.

The Honda civic you talked about are you 100% certain it doesn't have ball joint issues like the accord?

Yeah, civic doesn't. You can read up online and ask people who drive civic

1 Like

Re: 4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About by femi4: 5:20am On Aug 21, 2019
teelarryberry:

My Inlaw has been using Honda ,,discussion continues for 5 years now ,,no ball joint issues ,,doh he drive's it in Abuja,,,an abuja has de best road network in Nigeria,, sometimes he use too wonder why people complain of ball joint with Honda,,,cos him never experience am ,,,
Bring the car come Akute Lagos or Isawo in ikorodu. In 6months, he ll replace shaft and ball joint by the time the car enter water well well with gallop

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Could This Be The First Lamborghini Urus In Nigeria? (photo) / Would You Buy This 5,600mile 1994 Toyota Supra Turbo For N36 Million? (photos) / Xiaomi Unveils Its First Car And Its Sleek And ELECTRIC!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.