Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Facebook Should Be Banned In Nigeria - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Facebook Should Be Banned In Nigeria (1388 Views)

34 Cultists Arrested In Akwa Ibom. 51 Secret Groups Banned In Schools (Full List / Ghanaian Teacher ‘Allows Students To Fight’ In Class After Canning Was Banned / Policemen Banned From Wearing Mufti And SARS Jackets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook Should Be Banned In Nigeria by pascal558(m): 9:40pm On Aug 20, 2019
Recently I have noticed that Nigerians can no longer sign up on facebook, and even if they manage to sign up their accounts get blocked in a matter of days. Fine there are scanners in Nigeria but not all Nigerians are scanners, and secondly once you open a new account you will see those white men/women flooding your inbox with messages and instead of facebook to attend to then got disturbing your peace, they block you that was Jejely on your own. From my own point of view, facebook has relegated us as a nation and this should not be taken lightly as we will soon face worse cases if this is not handle properly, and my solution to this is to ban facebook. But this will only work when we have a hood Nigerian social network which I don't think we have currently. If Nigerians in diaspora leave facebook, trust me it's a big loss to them. let me have your opinion on this please .
mynd44, lalasticlala, Dominique.
Re: Facebook Should Be Banned In Nigeria by General0847: 9:42pm On Aug 20, 2019
Ignorance is strong with this one.

1 Like

Re: Facebook Should Be Banned In Nigeria by StandardJohn(m): 9:43pm On Aug 20, 2019
me I don't have any opinion to give...ask those below me
Re: Facebook Should Be Banned In Nigeria by Vulcanheph(m): 9:53pm On Aug 20, 2019
This is What You get when every tom, Dick and harry with an email address can come to NL and upload Rubbish
Re: Facebook Should Be Banned In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 20, 2019
My fb acct was hacked and I reported the acct and the account was disabled but when I tried opening a new acct I got blocked and for Christ sake I tried 4 times, I fu*king gave up opening a new fb acct...Fu*k Mark zucher.....
Re: Facebook Should Be Banned In Nigeria by abdulazeez1002(m): 9:56pm On Aug 20, 2019
Vulcanheph:
This is What You get when every tom, Dick and harry with an email address can come to NL and upload Rubbish
I tell you
Re: Facebook Should Be Banned In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 20, 2019
Vulcanheph:
[s]This is What You get when every tom, Dick and harry with an email address can come to NL and upload Rubbish[/s]

Re: Facebook Should Be Banned In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 20, 2019
grin

Re: Facebook Should Be Banned In Nigeria by CaptainMitch: 10:53pm On Aug 20, 2019
That's what you get when you wan use account for yahoo yahoo.
Re: Facebook Should Be Banned In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 20, 2019
CaptainMitch:
legit sef no safe again... Na so so blocking
Re: Facebook Should Be Banned In Nigeria by CaptainMitch: 10:58pm On Aug 20, 2019
I have 2 Facebook accounts, none has ever run into any trouble. I have been banned once when I dey compose toasting and chopping message give girls wey no even be my friend in those days. Over 10years ago sha no be today something

NairalandGoat:
legit sef no safe again... Na so so blocking

1 Like

Re: Facebook Should Be Banned In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 20, 2019
CaptainMitch:
I have 2 Facebook accounts, none has ever run into any trouble. I have been banned once when I dey compose toasting and chopping message give girls wey no even be my friend in those days. Over 10years ago sha no be today something

of recent when I try opening new acct and I put my details na blocking straight
Re: Facebook Should Be Banned In Nigeria by CaptainMitch: 11:02pm On Aug 20, 2019
You must have had issues with them and you know it's easy to track an IP address, that's why people prefer to buy old accounts try using a new phone number and another computer to register.

NairalandGoat:
Re: Facebook Should Be Banned In Nigeria by pascal558(m): 7:26am On Aug 21, 2019
NairalandGoat:
My fb acct was hacked and I reported the acct and the account was disabled but when I tried opening a new acct I got blocked and for Christ sake I tried 4 times, I fu*king gave up opening a new fb acct...Fu*k Mark zucher.....
I tell you Bros, this thing is not fair treating everyone like a scammer, the guy na wèré
Re: Facebook Should Be Banned In Nigeria by pascal558(m): 7:28am On Aug 21, 2019
CaptainMitch:
bros nor be every boy when fresh or dey hold laptop be street guy oh, grab?
Re: Facebook Should Be Banned In Nigeria by CaptainMitch: 8:56am On Aug 21, 2019
Ok
pascal558:
bros nor be every boy when fresh or dey hold laptop be street guy oh, grab?
Re: Facebook Should Be Banned In Nigeria by pascal558(m): 9:35am On Aug 21, 2019
NairalandGoat:
this your moniker sha lol
Re: Facebook Should Be Banned In Nigeria by pascal558(m): 9:36am On Aug 21, 2019
Vulcanheph:
thanks for your comment Mr Dickson.
Re: Facebook Should Be Banned In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 21, 2019
pascal558:
this your moniker sha lol
hmm
Re: Facebook Should Be Banned In Nigeria by pascal558(m): 2:38pm On Aug 21, 2019
NairalandGoat:
hmm
Greatest of all time right?
Re: Facebook Should Be Banned In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 21, 2019
pascal558:
Greatest of all time right?
yea
Re: Facebook Should Be Banned In Nigeria by pascal558(m): 5:41pm On Aug 21, 2019
General0847:
Ignorance is strong with this one.
thank you,.. you will stay on your own and one white man will be sending you his nude pic, yet you ate the one that is been blocked.
Re: Facebook Should Be Banned In Nigeria by DonDaniDee(m): 5:54pm On Aug 21, 2019
This is a general case and not just in Nigeria alone. Facebook is being used for so many activities not just by yahoo boys in Nigeria but also by Indians and Pakistans to fight each other and still scam alot of victims. Even China is included and almost all African nations.
The IP is being marked already and facebook is rejecting all new accounts now because most of them are usually opened for scam purposes.

Now let's examine it from this perspective. Facebook has been around for so many years now and it is believed that most people in their twenties should have had their facebook accounts a long time ago. So why then will someone of late twenties or thirties be registering for facebook now.

If you register a new account as a 14- 16years old they might hardly block it because they feel you are probably a young chap that just got to the age of having a facebook account.

You really can't blame them for this because the rate of fake account and scam is far too much and can crash facebook at anytime so they have no alternative than to protect the millions of already registered accounts they see as legitimate than to allow new ones be registered.
Re: Facebook Should Be Banned In Nigeria by pascal558(m): 6:22pm On Aug 21, 2019
DonDaniDee:
This is a general case and not just in Nigeria alone. Facebook is being used for so many activities not just by yahoo boys in Nigeria but also by Indians and Pakistans to fight each other and still scam alot of victims. Even China is included and almost all African nations.
The IP is being marked already and facebook is rejecting all new accounts now because most of them are usually opened for scam purposes.

Now let's examine it from this perspective. Facebook has been around for so many years now and it is believed that most people in their twenties should have had their facebook accounts a long time ago. So why then will someone of late twenties or thirties be registering for facebook now.

If you register a new account as a 14- 16years old they might hardly block it because they feel you are probably a young chap that just got to the age of having a facebook account.

You really can't blame them for this because the rate of fake account and scam is far too much and can crash facebook at anytime so they have no alternative than to protect the millions of already registered accounts they see as legitimate than to allow new ones be registered.
you nailed it sir, but on a second thought some persons lost their due to hacking or some other reasons..
Re: Facebook Should Be Banned In Nigeria by DonDaniDee(m): 6:44pm On Aug 21, 2019
pascal558:
you nailed it sir, but on a second thought some persons lost their due to hacking or some other reasons..

Yes I know that and the problem there is that facebook can't really do anything about that anymore especially when it a Nigerian IP. Whoever have hacked the account must have used it for scam purposes and when you report they just take it that it's Nigeria so no need because it might be the owner of the account. Though very bad but thats because of what yahoo boys have brought upon the Nigerian IP and it's quite unfortunate.

(1) (Reply)

27-yr-old Man Kills His 38-yr-old Girlfriend For Refusing To Quit Prostitution / Benue Man Commits Suicide / Gunmen Abduct Uniben Chemistry Lecturer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.