Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,158 members, 7,957,318 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:01 AM

Jelad Ventures - End Of An Era........ - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Jelad Ventures - End Of An Era........ (1206 Views)

Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! / End Of Danfo Buses As First Set Of Brand New Buses Arrive - Video / End Of An Era? Volkswagen To Stop Production Of Beetle Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jelad Ventures - End Of An Era........ by saintjoel(m): 12:44am On Aug 21, 2019
Jelad ventures on behalf of it's management will love to thank fellow nairalanders for the love shown over the years spent advertising on this site.

We are currently closing shop but it might be for some time while we await whatever happens at our land borders but for now, we are closing down our clearing and forwarding arm of jelad ventures for reasons best known to while we will still be running c number checks and also car sales but majorly Lagos cleared vehicles....

We love you all but we guess this is the right time to draw curtains on custom duty processing for awhile..... But kindly remember that we still run checks and we still sell only Lagos cleared or NAIJA used cars....

Thanks and God bless you all.....
Re: Jelad Ventures - End Of An Era........ by sheffyUTD(m): 8:18am On Aug 21, 2019
Mr Gbenga, what is going on here
Re: Jelad Ventures - End Of An Era........ by nurey(m): 11:34am On Aug 21, 2019
I hope it's not business environment issues? cause the rate of smuggling is extremely high now, for every 30ton trailer customs siezed 1000 Mazda 626 wagon has carried 20bags each in an illegal way.

The smuggling rate is appalling. All the best
Re: Jelad Ventures - End Of An Era........ by sultaan(m): 10:07pm On Aug 21, 2019
I know I have always complained about the system of hidden process when it comes to clearing,b it it saddens me to here this knowing how passionate you have been about the industry and how you tried to enlighten us here.

The business will be tough for a while but I think it will be fair if I suggest that the industry shifts to billing by percentage.3-7% of the duty is charged as fee might be higher but it will make things more open to consumers. Your group should have been pushing harder for a review of the 70% duty on cars it is like banning auto importation.

There will be other opportunities, but I was each and every one of us to feel like we have more than our possible best to make Nigeria work.

When US and China are declaring tariff less than 20% a trade war then Nigeria clamping 70-100 % on its citizen a trade genocide we need to free ourseves from colonial barrier.
Re: Jelad Ventures - End Of An Era........ by saintjoel(m): 10:15pm On Aug 21, 2019
sultaan:
I know I have always complained about the system of hidden process when it comes to clearing,b it it saddens me to here this knowing how passionate you have been about the industry and how you tried to enlighten us here.

The business will be tough for a while but I think it will be fair if I suggest that the industry shifts to billing by percentage.3-7% of the duty is charged as fee might be higher but it will make things more open to consumers. Your group should have been pushing harder for a review of the 70% duty on cars it is like banning auto importation.

There will be other opportunities, but I was each and every one of us to feel like we have more than our possible best to make Nigeria work.

When US and China are declaring tariff less than 20% a trade war then Nigeria clamping 70-100 % on its citizen a trade genocide we need to free ourseves from colonial barrier.

Thanks bro and as I move into other ventures.... I've people like you to thank for keeping me on my toes throughout my stay in auto section...
Re: Jelad Ventures - End Of An Era........ by sultaan(m): 9:07pm On Aug 22, 2019
Godspeed my brother, most of is here in the west are just sitting on our wealth because Nigeria only favors portfolio investors.

Someone trying to invest $10k on a reefer and paying 70% duty might rather stick with s 3% interest on deposit

(1) (Reply)

CORONAVIRUS: Best Ways To Kill Coronavirus In Your Car / Help On Dashboard Warnings / Fixing Sluggish D Engagement, And A Jerky Feel During During Emgagement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.