Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Majority Of Nigerians Are Poor - Buhari Tells New Ministers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Majority Of Nigerians Are Poor - Buhari Tells New Ministers (16753 Views)

Tinubu Swears In 3 New Ministers: Jamila Bio, Balarabe Abbas & Olawande Ayodele / Buhari Reshuffles Cabinet, Swears In Seven New Ministers / Photos Of Buhari And His New Ministers, APC Stakeholder In Abuja Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Majority Of Nigerians Are Poor - Buhari Tells New Ministers by Maniagist2: 2:18am On Aug 21, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari has told his Ministers designate that majority Nigerians are extremely poor.

President Buhari said this on Tuesday at the end of a two-day Presidential Retreat for designate and senior Government officials.

Here is the full text of the President’s speech:
After two days, we have come to the end of a successful retreat. However, you will agree that our work is just beginning.

These last two days have been very instructive for me personally, because I have had the opportunity to know many of you new Ministers-Designate better.

I was also pleased to see that you have all equally enjoyed debating and deliberating on the various challenge.

Ladies and Gentlemen, majority of our people are poor and are anxiously hoping for a better life. A Nigeria in which they do not have to worry about what they will eat, where they will live or if they can afford to pay for their children’s education or healthcare.

Our responsibility as leaders of this great country is to meet these basic needs for our people. As I mentioned yesterday, this Administration inherited many challenges from our predecessors to mention a few:
A country in which 18 local governments in the Northeast were under the control of Boko Haram

Decayed infrastructure in which our rail lines and roads had severely deteriorated;
A rent seeking economy that depended largely on oil revenues and imports, Significant unpaid pensions, subsidy debts, legacy contractor debts. I can go on and on.

In our first term, we laid the foundation to rebuild our country. We recaptured those 18 Local Governments previously held by Boko Haram, whose activities are now limited to sporadic attacks against soft targets.

Our investments in road and rail infrastructure are without precedent, and many of you can attest to this. We also focused on diversifying the economy from oil towards agriculture and industrialization.

Despite reduced revenues from oil and gas compared to past governments, we have broadly addressed many of the legacy debts they left behind.

Whilst we have obvious successes to celebrate, the challenges ahead are significant as you would have observed in detail over these two days. Nevertheless, from the quality of the deliberations, it is clear that solutions to our problems are well researched and have been well articulated.

We have discussed solutions relating to addressing Insecurity; Macroeconomic Stability; Agriculture and Food Security; Energy Security for Petroleum products and Electricity; Transportation and Critical Infrastructure; Industrialization and SME Development; Human Capital Development; Social Inclusion; Anti-Corruption; Housing Financing and Consumer Credit.

Public service is not easy work, and at times it can be thankless. I am therefore charging you all to see this opportunity to serve as an honour, to give your best to deliver on this mandate, for a more prosperous Nigeria, not for some, but for all Nigerians.

You will find that working collaboratively and purposefully will enable us to achieve quicker results, recognizing that four years is not a very long time. For the new Ministers, make sure you engage and benefit from the experience of the older Ministers and former Governors in the cabinet.

In terms of coordination, kindly ensure that all submissions for my attention or meeting requests be channeled through the Chief of Staff, while all Federal Executive Council matters be coordinated through the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.

I would like to thank the Office of the SGF for coordinating this successful Presidential Retreat. I would also like to thank the National Assembly leadership, the Party Chairman, Chairman of the Governors Forum, and resource firms, for the active engagements and contributions.

Once again, the challenges that lie ahead of us as a country are significant. But I have no doubt in your individual capacities and our collective patriotic commitment to deliver a better Nigeria for us, our children and a brighter future for all.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2019/08/20/majority-nigerians-poor-buhari-tells-new-ministers-full-text/amp/

Read more here; https://maniagist.com/2019/08/21/majority-of-nigerians-are-poor-buhari-tells-new-ministers/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Poor - Buhari Tells New Ministers by Maniagist2: 2:18am On Aug 21, 2019

Read more here; Read more here; >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>https://maniagist.com/2019/08/21/majority-of-nigerians-are-poor-buhari-tells-new-ministers/
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Poor - Buhari Tells New Ministers by Oluwasaeon(m): 2:38am On Aug 21, 2019
Thanks to you

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Poor - Buhari Tells New Ministers by galadima77(m): 4:43am On Aug 21, 2019
Money no dey go round, Oga at the top.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Poor - Buhari Tells New Ministers by StillX10(m): 7:32am On Aug 21, 2019
I don't know how this man use to think

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Poor - Buhari Tells New Ministers by hisexcellency34: 7:53am On Aug 21, 2019
And the poverty was caused by PDP's 16 years of misgovernance and looting under Jonathan, abi?

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Poor - Buhari Tells New Ministers by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:54am On Aug 21, 2019
Our responsibility as leaders of this great country is to meet these basic needs for our people. As I mentioned yesterday, this Administration inherited many challenges from our predecessors to mention a few:
A country in which 18 local governments in the Northeast were under the control of Boko Haram 

Decayed infrastructure in which our rail lines and roads had severely deteriorated;
A rent seeking economy that depended largely on oil revenues and imports, Significant unpaid pensions, subsidy debts, legacy contractor debts. I can go on and on.
May God give our Darling President Muhammadu Buhari more wisdom, knowledge and understanding as he take our nation from the rust he met after 16 years of rape and looting to a better country.
So shall it be.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Poor - Buhari Tells New Ministers by femo122: 7:54am On Aug 21, 2019
we are poor sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Poor - Buhari Tells New Ministers by helinues: 7:54am On Aug 21, 2019
And who Made/Make them remain poor?

40 Likes

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Poor - Buhari Tells New Ministers by abdulyaro66(m): 7:54am On Aug 21, 2019
Gbam!
E don tell them o
Anyways please patronize me 09032696969

1 Like

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Poor - Buhari Tells New Ministers by BiadeFolar(m): 7:54am On Aug 21, 2019
I thought you brought them out of it

24 Likes

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Poor - Buhari Tells New Ministers by mushystuff: 7:54am On Aug 21, 2019
So he knows? I thought they said they had lifted Nigerians out of poverty?

29 Likes

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Poor - Buhari Tells New Ministers by Madison30(f): 7:55am On Aug 21, 2019
MEET THIS BEAUTIFUL COUPLE WHO MET AND FELL IN LOVE ON THE PLATFORM OF LOVE AND WILL BE GETTING MARRIED THIS COMING JANUARY

NOTE: That We are very confidential about the privacy, details and disclosure of our wonderful members to the general public and this couple had to give their blessing to even post this altered pictures of them, publicly!!

Beautiful things, connections, matchmaking, networking, relationships, and much more for the purpose of marriage are happening on a daily basis on this authentic african platform of love and our VERIFIED members appreciate the genuine efforts of the Admin at putting emotional smiles on their faces absolutely for FREE (yes, you heard right, absolutely FREE as no kobo has been charged on anyone since the creation of the platform!)

So therefore.........

If you are looking for sugar mummy - GBE BODY E
If you are looking for sugar daddy - GBE BODY E
If you are looking for friends with benefits - GBE BODY E
If you are looking for 2nd or more wives - GBE BODY E
If you are looking for gigolo - GBE BODY E
If you are looking for one night stand - GBE BODY E
If you are not ready for marriage - GBE BODY E

PLATFORM IS ONLY AND ONLY FOR SINGLES WHO ARE READY AND SERIOUS ABOUT MARRIAGE

So if know that just like[b] TOKE MAKINWA[/b], this is your last year of being single, then don't be deterred by unpleasant experience you may have experienced with love in the past. Never give up on true love. When you finally meets and connects with the right person, you would wish to have that person over and over again EVERY SINGLE DAY because love is sweet!

This is the Genuine platform to join – The Authentic Platform of Love for Nigerians accross the country

Signup, registration and membership absolutely free - WE VERIFY EVERY INTENDING MEMBERS and if you cant allow yourself to be verified, GBE BODY E

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? START YOUR TRUE LOVE CONNECTION NOW.

WHATSAPP OR TELEGRAM ADMIN NOW
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Poor - Buhari Tells New Ministers by Kelvin30286063(m): 7:55am On Aug 21, 2019
Thank God you know.
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Poor - Buhari Tells New Ministers by guass(m): 7:55am On Aug 21, 2019
So u know
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Poor - Buhari Tells New Ministers by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:55am On Aug 21, 2019
hisexcellency34:
And the poverty was caused by PDP's 16 years of misgovernance and looting under Jonathan, abi?

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Poor - Buhari Tells New Ministers by Kaydans(m): 7:55am On Aug 21, 2019
So, now how will u address it?

1 Like

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Poor - Buhari Tells New Ministers by WorkTheTalk(m): 7:55am On Aug 21, 2019
What's the way out of the situation, sir?
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Poor - Buhari Tells New Ministers by pode(m): 7:55am On Aug 21, 2019
80% of Nigerians are living in poverty not only poor

6 Likes

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Poor - Buhari Tells New Ministers by israelmao(m): 7:55am On Aug 21, 2019
Truth is being said now.But who made them poor?

1 Like

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Poor - Buhari Tells New Ministers by Hoodbilonia: 7:55am On Aug 21, 2019
Exactly
Dats y we r all driving belgium cars
We need brand new ones so dat no more mechanic,ladipo
No more tokunbo cars pls
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Poor - Buhari Tells New Ministers by bigerboy200: 7:55am On Aug 21, 2019
This country needs overhauling..

1 Like

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Poor - Buhari Tells New Ministers by Lee84: 7:55am On Aug 21, 2019
And you are mute about it. Na now you know say majority of Nigerians are poor. Shift jare

1 Like

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Poor - Buhari Tells New Ministers by Lexusgs430: 7:55am On Aug 21, 2019
Bubu speaking with both sides of his cheeks..... grin

Let's just list Nigeria on ebay, it's apparent we do not understand the essence of good governance and how to deliver prosperity to our citizens......

Every sector is performing way way below par..... Every sector (except corruption).........

6 Likes

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Poor - Buhari Tells New Ministers by Bizibi(m): 7:55am On Aug 21, 2019
post=81454035:
just pray he doesn't mess his last chance up.....

2 Likes

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Poor - Buhari Tells New Ministers by obembet(f): 7:56am On Aug 21, 2019
Animal .. As if u care

7 Likes

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Poor - Buhari Tells New Ministers by ademidedavid(f): 7:56am On Aug 21, 2019
Any leader that fails us should be treated like one of them that went for yam festival in Germany was treated........ .the others will definitely reset their brain to factory mode

1 Like

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Poor - Buhari Tells New Ministers by Niceman4u(m): 7:56am On Aug 21, 2019
He actually meant to say majority of Nigerians were poor before I came in and dragged them into extreme poverty, thereby making the contraption the poverty capital of d world.

5 Likes

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Poor - Buhari Tells New Ministers by contigiency(m): 7:56am On Aug 21, 2019
That's an obvious fact. And he has been in the fore front working hard to change the narrative. Is it not what Obasanjo and PDP bequeathed to us?

2 Likes

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Poor - Buhari Tells New Ministers by utenwuson: 7:56am On Aug 21, 2019
After four years.... Still blaming past government.... Buhari maybe mad

1 Like

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Poor - Buhari Tells New Ministers by Teenaira: 7:56am On Aug 21, 2019
Even the few that are able to feed themselves as farmers, your ruga people have destroyed all their farms while you have also destroyed the economy by your misplaced priorities and unprofessional economic policies.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ISWAP Storms B/Haram Enclave, Kills 6, Seizes Weapons / US Refuses Visa To Unruly House Of Reps Member / Commissioner Of Police Tunde Sobulor Dies In American Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.