Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,254 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

Canada Is ‘Stealing’ Our Young People! - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Is ‘Stealing’ Our Young People! (46215 Views)

"Relocating To Canada Is A Huge Achievement" - Nigerians / Canada Is ‘stealing’ Our Young People: HILARIOUS Reactions By Nigerians / Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Is ‘Stealing’ Our Young People! by Paulo3ree(m): 11:42am On Aug 29, 2019
majamajic:

she won Nigeria another gold yesterday , I chat her she confirmed

Good
She is favoured
Re: Canada Is ‘Stealing’ Our Young People! by Gerrard59(m): 4:10pm On Sep 12, 2019
madridsta007:

Yes, Canada is not just taking our young people, they are taking the fattest of our crops, the best, the brightest, and the brainiest!

Not just Canada, but the US, Germany, Ireland, the UK, Australia, etc. But they are not stealing anything. embarassed Nigerians worked with the imperialists to enthrone a facist regime with zero knowledge of the economy and zero concern for Nigerians.

What did you think would be the result? undecided undecided undecided undecided We need to stop pretending to ourselves. undecided

The colonialists think ahead of the black man, their subjects. When Obama, Clinton and the UK were helping to topple GEJ in a bloodless regime change in the connivial of Nigerians from the North and South West, you think they hadn't seen this brain drain coming? Germany and Ireland, I am told from very reliable sources, were complaining that the IT industry, which had many Nigerians, had seen Nigerians relocate back to Nigeria leaving their families in Germany and Ireland because of the economic policies of the previous government. The NHS was loosing Drs from Nigeria.

Don't blame the colonialists. This is a capitalist dog-eat-dog system. Blame the Nigerians that helped topple the last government and brought in an inept and clueless and lifeless regime.

shocked

Mbok, how sure is the bold? And if it's true, why have the colonialists not done same with Malaysia, China, Indonesia or India? Please no conspiracy theories.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Is ‘Stealing’ Our Young People! by Gerrard59(m): 4:18pm On Sep 12, 2019
DexterousOne:

Canada is just one country

USA IS using underhand tricks (via scholarships and all) to steal out bright minds too

Australia Is doing same
NZ as well
Even Britain (with our doctors and nurses and IT)

Germany is luring our bright minds with free post graduate education
Even South Africa has critical skills visa too stealing us all...

By time you add the figures for above
And then multiply that figure by 10 years

You will see that Nigeria is doomed to be populated by complete idiots in the next 10 years...

Una never see anything

2 Likes

Re: Canada Is ‘Stealing’ Our Young People! by madridsta007(m): 5:39pm On Sep 12, 2019
Gerrard59:

shocked

Mbok, how sure is the bold? And if it's true, why have the colonialists not done same with Malaysia, China, Indonesia or India? Please no conspiracy theories.

It is much easier for neocolonialsm to be implemented in nations where the seminal forces of tribe, ethnicity and religion is more evident and deep-rooted than the other. The divide and rule tactic, as implemented from Rwanda by the retreating Belgians to Nigeria by the British, where the colonialist set a usually weaker and more pliant tribe as rulers over the others, is much easier to successfully implement in Nigeria, than in China, India, Malaysia or Indonesia. You have named countries with large populations and less hetereogentiy of these factors (and there are more than 3 factors) in comparison to Nigeria. 79.8% of Indians practice Hindu; Is it the 1.7% Sikhs or the 2.3% Christians that you want to set up against a United 79.8% Hindu?
Have it evenly distrbuted and it comes quite fertile for the Nigerian situation.

Now there are many books and research papers written on this subject of colonial domination. You should read further if you want to know more.
Re: Canada Is ‘Stealing’ Our Young People! by DexterousOne(m): 5:50pm On Sep 12, 2019
madridsta007:

It is much easier for neocolonialsm to be implemented in nations where the seminal forces of tribe, ethnicity and religion is more evident and deep-rooted than the other. The divide and rule tactic, as implemented from Rwanda by the retreating Belgians to Nigeria by the British, where the colonialist set a usually weaker and more pliant tribe as rulers over the others, is much easier to successfully implement in Nigeria, than in China, India, Malaysia or Indonesia. You have named countries with large populations and less hetereogentiy of these factors (and there are more than 3 factors) in comparison to Nigeria. 79.8% of Indians practice Hindu; Is it the 1.7% Sikhs or the 2.3% Christians that you want to set up against a United 79.8% Hindu?
Have it evenly distrbuted and it comes quite fertile for the Nigerian situation.

Now there are many books and research papers written on this subject of colonial domination. You should read further if you want to know more.

It's not issue of tribe /religion per se

But it's more of ignorance, lack of education and having $hithole mentality

Even homogenous countries in Africa are being screwed over

The leaders of these countries offered up their countries in exchange for a pittance (a false sense of belonging/a seat at the table)

These elite class are just gate keepers
Making sure that their respective countries remain ignorant unexposed and uneducated
So that they continue pillaging

Look at tho sacrilegious deals your leaders are striking with Chinese interests? cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canada Is ‘Stealing’ Our Young People! by DexterousOne(m): 5:51pm On Sep 12, 2019
Gerrard59:

Why you deylaugh lmao
Don't you see it looming in the horiZon?
Re: Canada Is ‘Stealing’ Our Young People! by madridsta007(m): 5:56pm On Sep 12, 2019
DexterousOne:

It's not issue of tribe /religion per se

But it's more of ignorance, lack of education and having $hithole mentality

Even homogenous countries in Africa are being screwed over

The leaders of these countries offered up their countries in exchange for a pittance (a false sense of belonging/a seat at the table)

These elite class are just gate keepers
Making sure that their respective countries remain ignorant unexposed and uneducated
So that they continue pillaging

Look at tho sacrilegious deals your leaders are striking with Chinese interests? cheesy cheesy

OK.
I have been privileged to have written peer-reviewed academic papers in top quality journals on this. I think I know what I am saying.
But your opinion is duly noted (even though I sense a deviation from the main question you raised. You seemed to have questions on my idea on the roots of imperalism in Africa).
Re: Canada Is ‘Stealing’ Our Young People! by DexterousOne(m): 6:05pm On Sep 12, 2019
madridsta007:

OK.
I have been privileged to have written peer-reviewed academic papers in top quality journals on this. I think I know what I am saying.
But your opinion is duly noted (even though I sense a deviation from the main question you raised. You seemed to have questions on my idea on the roots of imperalism in Africa).

I'm not disagreeing with you

I'm just Bringing a different perspective

Heterogeneous and relatively homogeneous countries in Africa are being screwed over

And the common factor between these two sets of countries is the high illiteracy rate, lack of proper exposure and EDUCATION and a mentally defeated bourgeois class often willing to sell their country for a pittance

Maybe you should research from that angle too
Cheers
Re: Canada Is ‘Stealing’ Our Young People! by madridsta007(m): 6:12pm On Sep 12, 2019
DexterousOne:

I'm not disagreeing with you

I'm just Bringing a different perspective

Heterogeneous and relatively homogeneous countries in Africa are being screwed over

And the common factor between these two sets of countries is the high illiteracy rate, lack of proper exposure and EDUCATION and a mentally defeated bourgeois class often willing to sell their country for a pittance

Maybe you should research from that angle too
Cheers

Well, Sir, neocolonial intervention first seeks to exploit the gaping holes or the discontinuity in systems- tribes, ethnicity, religion, etc. When it finds a united people, it targets someone in the elites. For example, Blaise Compaore who was Sankara's close friend and eventual murderer. Or a unit of disgruntled elites as was in the case of Lumumba (the Belgians and the CIA) and Nkrumah (recent files shows the CIA involvement. Their argument? Nkrumah was a Communist, of course false!).

High illiteracy rate, lack of education, etc, are only outcomes of neocolonialsm, once the Western-backed elites/leaders are in power (this wasn't my focus). This is playing out in Nigeria today.

Thanks, though. It was nice chatting with you!
Re: Canada Is ‘Stealing’ Our Young People! by DexterousOne(m): 6:17pm On Sep 12, 2019
madridsta007:

Well, Sir, neocolonial intervention first seeks to exploit the gaping holes or the discontinuity in systems- tribes, ethnicity, religion, etc. When it finds a united people, it targets someone in the elites. For example, Blaise Compaore who was Sankara's close friend and eventual murderer. Or a unit of disgruntled elites as was in the case of Lumumba (the Belgians and the CIA) and Nkrumah (recent files shows the CIA involvement. Their argument? Nkrumah was a Communist, of course false!).

[b]High illiteracy rate, lack of education, etc, are only outcomes of neocolonialsm,[/b]nce the Western-backed elites/leaders are in power (this wasn't my focus). This is playing out in Nigeria today.

Thanks, though. It was nice chatting with you!

Interesting...

So in the midst of all these
What is the way out?

Tho I don't agree 100 % with the bolded
At what point did we really have a critical mass of well informed and educated people in Africa?

But I get you

Your point valid
Re: Canada Is ‘Stealing’ Our Young People! by madridsta007(m): 1:43pm On Sep 14, 2019
DexterousOne:

Interesting...

So in the midst of all these
What is the way out?

Tho I don't agree 100 % with the bolded
At what point did we really have a critical mass of well informed and educated people in Africa?

But I get you

Your point valid

Sorry, these past few hours has been extremely busy for me with research commitments.
Back to your question: I agree that there are hardly any absolute arguments. However, when there aren't any, we ask ourselves, "what does the current evidence say"? Hence I argued that those factors you mentioned are only outcomes of destructive neocolonial intervention. Upper Volta or Burkina Faso is a prime example. Thomas Sankara became President in January, 1983. His policies were centred at breaking the shackles of imperalism which includes prioritising education with a nationwide literacy campaign. At the point of his death there was a "critical mass of educated and at least" informed people in Burkina Faso; that was why the whole country mourned his death; that was why his killing was no popular uprising. His killing was done by the elites I talked about- that disgruntled element which the white colonialist has always been able to sweet-talk, to feed greed and turn him against his own people. Now iliteracy, that importnant neocolonial consequence, is back in Burkina Faso. [And I think we should escape the flaw of pidgeon-holing Africa; Africa is not a country. I prefer to look at country-specific examples or, region-specific].

What is the way out in the midst of all these? That, my friend, is a research topic for another day.... I've become extremely busier over the last few days. I have to go. Maybe later? All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Is ‘Stealing’ Our Young People! by ucham: 5:35pm On Sep 27, 2019
DexterousOne:

Canada is just one country

USA IS using underhand tricks (via scholarships and all) to steal out bright minds too

Australia Is doing same
NZ as well
Even Britain (with our doctors and nurses and IT)

Germany is luring our bright minds with free post graduate education
Even South Africa has critical skills visa too stealing us all...

By time you add the figures for above
And then multiply that figure by 10 years

You will see that Nigeria is doomed to be populated by complete idiots in the next 10 years...

Una never see anything
grin grin grin
Make them steal me too o Biko.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Is ‘Stealing’ Our Young People! by firefox4th(m): 9:13am On Oct 22, 2019
salford:

Have you seen how much money these present crop of Senators and HOR members have allocated to themselves as salary, benefits and stipends?. its stomach churning for a 3rd world country. it shows how callous and unrepentant they have become. That is enough to make any one think of leaving the cesspit.
When people protest against the injustices, they get tear gassed or shot by trigger happy mopol or get locked up by the DSS. The easy way out is to leave the country for the elites.
I do not blame those leaving.
I don't in anyway support the jumbo take-home of our legislators.It's an absurd and labour could have shut the nation in protest for a detour, but what happened ? Labour, instead negotiated for pay rise.You mentioned protest,I hope you're not referring to bring back our girls and revolution now protests.They are borne out of politics. No intelligent people should be part of them.
Meanwhile, why referring to Nigeria as a cesspit ?SMH.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Is ‘Stealing’ Our Young People! by TheEnforcer: 9:31am On Oct 22, 2019
Beautyaddy:

buhahahaha!!….Keep up with the wishful thinking. We all know it's the Only way to keep you sane with the current and ongoing insane situations in Nigeria. cheesy
Dont mind that one.Which of the jobs is she now filling in .
Re: Canada Is ‘Stealing’ Our Young People! by DexterousOne(m): 12:22am On Nov 03, 2019
firefox4th:

I don't in anyway support the jumbo take-home of our legislators.It's an absurd and labour could have shut the nation in protest for a detour, but what happened ? Labour, instead negotiated for pay rise.You mentioned protest,I hope you're not referring to bring back our girls and revolution now protests.They are borne out of politics. No intelligent people should be part of them.
Meanwhile, why referring to Nigeria as a cesspit ?SMH.

It's actually a cesspit

2 Likes

Re: Canada Is ‘Stealing’ Our Young People! by salford1: 1:07am On Nov 03, 2019
DexterousOne:

It's actually a cesspit
grin

Best decision I ever made in my life was to leave Nigeria. I still get angry once in a while for not leaving earlier sef.

6 Likes

Re: Canada Is ‘Stealing’ Our Young People! by DexterousOne(m): 1:12am On Nov 03, 2019
salford1:

grin

Best decision I ever made in my life was to leave Nigeria. I still get angry once in a while for not leaving earlier sef.

I'm going thru the process for EE as well....

Better late than never
That is what I try to tell myself

As one who travel abroad intermittently
I know for sure how toxic this cesspit called Nigeria is undecided

Now I want to make the move permanent

2 Likes

Re: Canada Is ‘Stealing’ Our Young People! by alphaNomega: 6:32am On Nov 03, 2019
salford1:

grin

I am very happy for you!
Re: Canada Is ‘Stealing’ Our Young People! by ultimatebas(m): 6:37am On Nov 03, 2019
Canada come and steal me and my family oh!!
Re: Canada Is ‘Stealing’ Our Young People! by sirjoe1124(m): 10:20am On Nov 03, 2019
bayulll011:

oh God here we go again.
which government,that almost ruin the nations with serious lootings and massive corruptions.
see that one in abuja is unresponsive and slow and pathetic in decision making but will rate him far better than the ineffectual buffoon.
if you know what those guys and his vroonics did to our financial sectors it will take 2 decades before we recover,you know nothing seriously
You're seriously mad.. You can sacrifice competence on the altar of ethnicity and bigotry.. What exactly are you rating.
Re: Canada Is ‘Stealing’ Our Young People! by DexterousOne(m): 6:30pm On Nov 03, 2019
ultimatebas:
Canada come and steal me and my family oh!!
You have to put in the work

1 Like

Re: Canada Is ‘Stealing’ Our Young People! by meobizy(f): 4:26pm On Jan 03, 2021
Only an idiot would not choose greener pastures if offered the opportunity. This article reeks of jealousy. If our leaders water our lawn then these individuals will run back without second thoughts.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Work In Progress On Third Mainland Bridge (Photos) / Kenyan Government Clears Blocked Drainage Ahead Of The Rainy Season (PHOTOS) / World's Most Powerful Passports. Guess Where Nigeria Falls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.