Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,145 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Between A Senator And A Minister Of Niger Delta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between A Senator And A Minister Of Niger Delta (1933 Views)

Who Is This Senator And Why Is He Angry (pic) / Bashir Magashi Stole From Nigeria. Now, A Minister In Buhari’s Cabinet / What El Rufai Said About Atiku Years Ago When He Was A Minister Of FCT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between A Senator And A Minister Of Niger Delta by Giannakopoulos(f): 4:02pm On Aug 21, 2019
Between being a Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and a Minister of Niger Delta, which is a better office in terms of respect it accords, financial benefits, etc (aside from the consideration that one is an appointment and the other is by election).
Re: Between A Senator And A Minister Of Niger Delta by PharoahIII: 4:48pm On Aug 21, 2019
Giannakopoulos:
Between being a Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and a Minister of Niger Delta, which is a better office in terms of respect it accords, financial benefits, etc (aside from the consideration that one is an appointment and the other is by election).

[color=#006600][/color]
I suppose one way to look at it is at every given time there’ll be 109 senators but at no time will there ever be more than 1 Min for Niger Delta. Come to think of it this is a choice between being a Minister and a nobody since Akpabio lost the senatorial elections. In terms of Budgetary allocations the Niger Delta ministry dwarfs the entire senate, I believe.
Re: Between A Senator And A Minister Of Niger Delta by PharoahIII: 4:52pm On Aug 21, 2019
Also a minister is more likely to have the ears of the president than a senator. When buhari appoints you as minister it is as good as being elected for a 4-year term because the guy does not sack, hope this helps

2 Likes

Re: Between A Senator And A Minister Of Niger Delta by seunmsg(m): 4:52pm On Aug 21, 2019
Even federal permanent secretaries and heads of some federal agencies make more money than senators. Senators ability to dispense political favour is limited. The executive arm as represented by ministers and heads of agencies control law everything. Even senators lobby them for favors.

2 Likes

Re: Between A Senator And A Minister Of Niger Delta by careytommy37(m): 5:05pm On Aug 21, 2019
PharoahIII:

[color=#006600][/color]
I suppose one way to look at it is at every given time there’ll be 109 senators but at no time will there ever be more than 1 Min for Niger Delta. Come to think of it this is a choice between being a Minister and a nobody since Akpabio lost the senatorial elections. In terms of Budgetary allocations the Niger Delta ministry dwarfs the entire senate, I believe.

So in your mortified anology, a senator is akin to a nobody?
Re: Between A Senator And A Minister Of Niger Delta by PharoahIII: 5:14pm On Aug 21, 2019
careytommy37:

So in your mortified anology, a senator is akin to a nobody?
[/color][color=#006600]

Sometimes it is better to keep quiet and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. If you had read or perhaps understood my comments you’ll know I was referring to Akpabio. A nobody in the sense that he is not a Senator, he is nothing at all, by way of position, so this is not a case of choosing between minister and a senator because he is not even a senator, hence my comment.

1 Like

Re: Between A Senator And A Minister Of Niger Delta by Giannakopoulos(f): 5:19pm On Aug 21, 2019
PharoahIII:
Also a minister is more likely to have the ears of the president than a senator. When buhari appoints you as minister it is as good as being elected for a 4-year term because the guy does not sack, hope this helps
Thank you
Re: Between A Senator And A Minister Of Niger Delta by Ultimatezlant: 5:34pm On Aug 21, 2019
Niger delta minister gives you control over nddc (in fact getting nddc chairman alone is bigger than a senate position especially when you are just a mere senator without juicy committee).

Minister of Niger delta has a lot of control over the activities across Niger delta states too
Re: Between A Senator And A Minister Of Niger Delta by helinues: 5:35pm On Aug 21, 2019
Minister of Niger Delta oo

Se you want to compare teaching job with shell job Ni?
Re: Between A Senator And A Minister Of Niger Delta by careytommy37(m): 5:38pm On Aug 21, 2019
PharoahIII:
[/color][color=#006600]

Sometimes it is better to keep quiet and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. If you had read or perhaps understood my comments you’ll know I was referring to Akpabio. A nobody in the sense that he is not a Senator, he is nothing at all, by way of position, so this is not a case of choosing between minister and a senator because he is not even a senator, hence my comment.

Going by the title of the thread, I'll say you really need to take a hard look in the mirror
Re: Between A Senator And A Minister Of Niger Delta by JubrinElSudan: 6:19pm On Aug 21, 2019
Being relevant is the issue here. No politician likes to be irrelevant.
Re: Between A Senator And A Minister Of Niger Delta by mmb(m): 6:25pm On Aug 21, 2019
Giannakopoulos:
A minister represents the Federal republic of nigeria, while a senator is for a senatorial zone is a state.
Re: Between A Senator And A Minister Of Niger Delta by Cajal(m): 6:57pm On Aug 21, 2019
Minister is several degrees ahead of a senator
Minister... FRN
MINISTER..NIGER DELTA
He now has a ministry with ability to employ and disengage
Has staffs
Direct or indirect access to the president
Senator
...zonal head of a state..10local govt.or thereabout
No staff
No ministry
Re: Between A Senator And A Minister Of Niger Delta by ruggedtimi(m): 7:53pm On Aug 21, 2019
Akpabio's has added another to his cv...Gov-sen-minister
Re: Between A Senator And A Minister Of Niger Delta by Giannakopoulos(f): 9:06pm On Aug 21, 2019
Cajal:
Minister is several degrees ahead of a senator
Minister... FRN
MINISTER..NIGER DELTA
He now has a ministry with ability to employ and disengage
Has staffs
Direct or indirect access to the president
Senator
...zonal head of a state..10local govt.or thereabout
No staff
No ministry
Thank you
Re: Between A Senator And A Minister Of Niger Delta by Cajal(m): 9:57pm On Aug 21, 2019
Giannakopoulos:
Thank you
.u are welcome ma
Re: Between A Senator And A Minister Of Niger Delta by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:21pm On Aug 21, 2019
People resign as Senators to become ministers...

(1) (Reply)

Governor Dapo Abiodun Of Ogun State & Governor Seyi Makinde Of Oyo State, / Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief / What Is Wrong With This Dino Melaye Picture.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.