Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,177 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

“No Law Requires Me To Produce My Certificate” - Buhari To Tribunal - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “No Law Requires Me To Produce My Certificate” - Buhari To Tribunal (24393 Views)

Buhari To Tribunal: I Beat Atiku In His Polling Unit / INEC To Tribunal: Atiku’s Lawyer Not Licensed To Practise In Nigeria / Eleka Rejects Ekiti Election Results, Heads To Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “No Law Requires Me To Produce My Certificate” - Buhari To Tribunal by Toscarel: 5:31pm On Aug 21, 2019
Jchi9876:

Oga it is 2023, Then somebody from the SW. Olodo cannot do simply arithmetic lol and you be trader for Alaba shioooorrrrrrr

Yeegbos can go and vote in Biafra

Must you display your daftness all the time have a little pity on yourself

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: “No Law Requires Me To Produce My Certificate” - Buhari To Tribunal by Toscarel: 5:31pm On Aug 21, 2019
Jchi9876:

Oga it is 2023, Then somebody from the SW. Olodo cannot do simply arithmetic lol and you be trader for Alaba shioooorrrrrrr

Must you display your daftness all the time have a little pity on yourself

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: “No Law Requires Me To Produce My Certificate” - Buhari To Tribunal by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 21, 2019
money121:
This is nigeria... tongue
where our president na dictator

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “No Law Requires Me To Produce My Certificate” - Buhari To Tribunal by nextstep(m): 5:32pm On Aug 21, 2019
Jayslicky:
Buhari a man above the law, a tyrant and unquestionable leader.

Who, sadly, was duly re-elected. We can't keep blaming Buhari for what he is... after a while we need to question the people who put him there...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: “No Law Requires Me To Produce My Certificate” - Buhari To Tribunal by Kenturkey048(m): 5:32pm On Aug 21, 2019
Jchi9876:

They hate who I love so I hate them back

By the way I am an Igbo man from Orlu
which state is orlu located ??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “No Law Requires Me To Produce My Certificate” - Buhari To Tribunal by kutchs: 5:32pm On Aug 21, 2019
But just how does one prove that he's educated?
Possession of a certificate is the only way I know to produce that one has received education up to a certain level at least formally which is what's required here.

That you can speak and write good English, were seen in a school compound with uniform and mingling with other students/pupils aren't enough.

It's even shameful that a president of a 21st Century country doesn't and is proud to admit he doesn't have a certificate.

Even more shameful are the host of SANs defending him.

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: “No Law Requires Me To Produce My Certificate” - Buhari To Tribunal by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:33pm On Aug 21, 2019
see how they usually twist and bend the nigerian law just to please them.......but the law says you must be a secondary school certificate holder........so where is the certificate? its simple, if its there, present it and end people's curiosity.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “No Law Requires Me To Produce My Certificate” - Buhari To Tribunal by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 21, 2019
Chukazu:
grin cool shocked

Guys it's obvious...this guy doesn't have certificate
You are thinking what am thinking..... Oil dey your head

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “No Law Requires Me To Produce My Certificate” - Buhari To Tribunal by Jchi9876: 5:34pm On Aug 21, 2019
Kenturkey048:
which state is orlu located ??

Mumu you wan try my intelligence iwu ezigbo anu ofia

Akpa amu karaka

Go ask your olosho mama that question

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “No Law Requires Me To Produce My Certificate” - Buhari To Tribunal by starbright4real(m): 5:34pm On Aug 21, 2019
gud day, pls i seriously need a job, i am a graduate of accounting (hnd) 07037799108

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “No Law Requires Me To Produce My Certificate” - Buhari To Tribunal by AustinX(m): 5:34pm On Aug 21, 2019
Brika:
President Muhammadu Buhari has insisted that no law in Nigeria requires him to produce his certificates to prove his eligibility to vie for the presidency.

The president made the assertion on Wednesday, August 21 while adopting his final brief of argument in opposition to the petition which the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and its presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, filed to nullify his re-election

The president, through his lawyer, Wole Olanipekun (SAN), argued that he was only required to be educated, under the 1999 Constitution, Igbere TV reports.

Hence, he urged that the petition challenging his election and his educational qualifications be dismissed by the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Abuja.

According to the president, the petition lacked merit and substance.

He said: “The law is well settled and the case-law is crystalized on the point that the 2nd respondent (Buhari) cannot go beyond provisions of sections 131 and 131(cool of the 1999 Constitution.

“The case-law is replete with decisions of this court on the subject. We cannot amend the constitution.

“We need to make it very clear at this point that the constitution and laws of the land do not expect any certificate to be tendered or attached.”

Buhari, further relying on a recent judgment delivered by the Court of Appeal in a certificate scandal case that involved the governorship candidate of the PDP in Osun state, Senator Ademola Adeleke, contended that non-attachment of his certificates was not a valid ground to challenge his participation in the February 23 presidential election which he won.

In the same vein, the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), through their lawyers, Prince Lateef Fagbami (SAN) and Yunus Usman (SAN) also asked the Justice Mohammed Garba-led tribunal to dismiss the petition with cost.

According to the ruling party, the petition would create an impression that the president lacks basic educational qualifications, Igbere TV reports.

Fagbemi said: “Those who set the standard for secondary education where called. They came and gave the verdict that what the 2nd respondent has was equivalent to Secondary School Certificate.

“The witness said so, and there was no follow-up on that. They did not say that the certificate was fake or forged.

“The position is that we take him to be a secondary school leaver.”

The petition would be reserved for judgment by the panel, after all the parties have adopted their final addresses.

http://igberetvnews.com/918961/no-law-requires-me-to-produce-my-certificate-buhari-to-tribunal/

Nigeria problem is the constitution, I want to believe that the people who wrote it are either on weed for probably needed to take a bottle of Origin which wasn't present at that time. So I suggest amendment or Revolution [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#770077][/color]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “No Law Requires Me To Produce My Certificate” - Buhari To Tribunal by Jchi9876: 5:35pm On Aug 21, 2019
Toscarel:

Must you always display your intelligence all the time have a little pity on me. I am not as smart as you

Yes sir I have to no apologies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “No Law Requires Me To Produce My Certificate” - Buhari To Tribunal by tlurdy: 5:35pm On Aug 21, 2019
This 1 serious & weak me !!! That’s why most graduate Dey waste time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “No Law Requires Me To Produce My Certificate” - Buhari To Tribunal by Kenturkey048(m): 5:35pm On Aug 21, 2019
Jchi9876:

Mumu you wan try my intelligence iwu ezigbo anu ofia

Akpa amu karaka

Go ask your olosho mama that question
just for simple question...dude is ranting insultively...nawa for you...bye bye...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “No Law Requires Me To Produce My Certificate” - Buhari To Tribunal by stiffy56(m): 5:36pm On Aug 21, 2019
Does this one know....what is certificate ����

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “No Law Requires Me To Produce My Certificate” - Buhari To Tribunal by Jchi9876: 5:36pm On Aug 21, 2019
Kenturkey048:
just for simple question...dude is ranting insultively...nawa for you...bye bye...

I am from Orlu a confirmed Njaba native

You talk nonsense I finger your mama

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “No Law Requires Me To Produce My Certificate” - Buhari To Tribunal by Kenturkey048(m): 5:37pm On Aug 21, 2019
Jchi9876:

I am from Orlu a confirmed Njaba native

You talk nonsense I finger your mama
okay sir....bye bye...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “No Law Requires Me To Produce My Certificate” - Buhari To Tribunal by janejive(f): 5:38pm On Aug 21, 2019
Jesus is lord!!! shocked shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “No Law Requires Me To Produce My Certificate” - Buhari To Tribunal by Four4Clien(m): 5:39pm On Aug 21, 2019
Damn!!!!

Guys please see my signature

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “No Law Requires Me To Produce My Certificate” - Buhari To Tribunal by Jchi9876: 5:39pm On Aug 21, 2019
Kenturkey048:
okay sir....bye bye...

Where are you from Eyin a?

I hope you are not following ndi IPOB ne zuzu ari?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “No Law Requires Me To Produce My Certificate” - Buhari To Tribunal by silifx: 5:40pm On Aug 21, 2019
Natoski5:
U go school oo, u no go school ooo, thats not the issue..the main issue is dat by 2023 get the f*ck out of there grin
true

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “No Law Requires Me To Produce My Certificate” - Buhari To Tribunal by Smilingjoe4(m): 5:40pm On Aug 21, 2019
Jchi9876:

simply arithmetic abi baba knowledge distributor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “No Law Requires Me To Produce My Certificate” - Buhari To Tribunal by Kenturkey048(m): 5:41pm On Aug 21, 2019
Jchi9876:

Where are you from Eyin a?

I hope you are not following ndi IPOB ne zuzu ari?
baba free me naa....na me find your trouble and I done apologize....bye bye sir....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “No Law Requires Me To Produce My Certificate” - Buhari To Tribunal by Wallade(m): 5:41pm On Aug 21, 2019
Jchi9876:
Very true.

The constitution does not require you to attach all your credentials.
It is the job of INEC to do due diligence

Do you know the implications of filing documents and filling a form that has provision for attestation which is invariably swearing that all the information and documents provided by you are authentic.

If those information or documents are discovered to be fake, incorrect or misleading. You are liable in the court of law.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “No Law Requires Me To Produce My Certificate” - Buhari To Tribunal by Jchi9876: 5:42pm On Aug 21, 2019
Kenturkey048:
baba free me naa....na me find your trouble and I done apologize....bye bye sir....

I answer your question. Tell me where you from?

Onitsha, Ekwulobia, Ariaria talk to me nwannne

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “No Law Requires Me To Produce My Certificate” - Buhari To Tribunal by Danwakae(m): 5:43pm On Aug 21, 2019
Jchi9876:

They hate who I love so I hate them back

By the way I am an Igbo man from Orlu

Lolsss...that's childish...everybody cannot like who u like, even Prophet Mohammed ( Peace be unto him) was not love by all including Jesus christ, he was not love by all...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “No Law Requires Me To Produce My Certificate” - Buhari To Tribunal by Jchi9876: 5:44pm On Aug 21, 2019
Wallade:

Do you know the implications of filing documents and filling a form that has provision for attestation which is invariably swearing that all the information and documents provided by you are authentic.

If those information or documents are discovered to be fake, incorrect or misleading. You are liable in the court of law.

Get the off my mention you speaking grammar and know nothing about the law.

When he contested the 3 times before now there was no problem with certificate na now una IPOB pigs eyes open

My friend go sit down for dirty

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “No Law Requires Me To Produce My Certificate” - Buhari To Tribunal by akdjr(m): 5:44pm On Aug 21, 2019
Lawyers in the house is it true that I can contest without attaching any certificate cos even my JSS 3 certificate I no collect am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “No Law Requires Me To Produce My Certificate” - Buhari To Tribunal by Jchi9876: 5:45pm On Aug 21, 2019
Danwakae:

Lolsss...that's childish...everybody cannot like who u like, even Prophet Mohammed ( Peace be unto him) was not love by all including Jesus christ, he was not love by all...

Gambari Fulani Christ loved all!!!!!

Don't be misinformed. Give your life to Christ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “No Law Requires Me To Produce My Certificate” - Buhari To Tribunal by amuwo1980: 5:45pm On Aug 21, 2019
Kingosytex:

Tribalism has eaten deep into your system. Must you bring tribalism into every topic? What have the Igbos really done to you? What is their crime? Why do you hate the Igbos this much? Are they dragging the presidency with you?
Most other Nigerians hate igbos with a passion and cant say why, maybe pangs of fear and envy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fulani Group Demands 4% Of Bauchi Land To End Clashes / 8 Lawmakers Refuse To Join Umahi’s Decamping Train To APC - Daily Trust / Dancing Senator Adeleke 'Stages Performance' At A Party Function (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.