Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,222 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

My Dream Is To Spread Wealth To All Nigerians - Aliko Dangote - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Dream Is To Spread Wealth To All Nigerians - Aliko Dangote (1175 Views)

Meet Aliko Dangote's Daughter, Halima / See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians / 2011 Forbes Rating: Aliko Dangote Ups Wealth To 14 Billion Dollars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dream Is To Spread Wealth To All Nigerians - Aliko Dangote by Okejazz(m): 5:45pm On May 15, 2007
http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=78186
(lengthy read)

Sounds familiar or not?

Alhaji Dangote rambling about putting money in your pocket through the Obaja Cement Project.

What are your views? Is this true? yea or nay
Re: My Dream Is To Spread Wealth To All Nigerians - Aliko Dangote by GNature(m): 6:14pm On May 15, 2007
What Dangote is saying in essence is 'I plan on becoming even more wealthier than I currently am, but I am going to carry Nigerians along with me'. In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with this line of thinking. Unless one objects to a capitalistic way of reasoning, I don't see why anyone should have a problem with Dangote's aspirations.

If anyone doesn't trust him, then such person shouldn't buy shares in his company. Personally, I think the man has a very good track record in managing his multi-billion naira business conglomerate.
Re: My Dream Is To Spread Wealth To All Nigerians - Aliko Dangote by debosky(m): 6:21pm On May 15, 2007
it is inevitable that Nigerians would benefit from this project in numerous ways

employment, infrastructure (especially the local host community), lower cost of cement leading to lower housing costs and so on - these are the kinds of projects we need with large knock on effects on the local economy, supplying/manufacturing our basic needs will go a long way in developing the nation.
Re: My Dream Is To Spread Wealth To All Nigerians - Aliko Dangote by hbrednic: 6:34pm On May 15, 2007
alhaji dangote was strait to the point,instead of swiss bank i want to help fellow nigerians.
i totally believe him cos he has shown and proved it.
na gwo de alhaji.
Re: My Dream Is To Spread Wealth To All Nigerians - Aliko Dangote by GNature(m): 10:49am On May 16, 2007

it is inevitable that Nigerians would benefit from this project in numerous ways

employment, infrastructure (especially the local host community), lower cost of cement leading to lower housing costs and so on - these are the kinds of projects we need with large knock on effects on the local economy, supplying/manufacturing our basic needs will go a long way in developing the nation.

Don't forget that the government will also generate revenue from taxes.
Re: My Dream Is To Spread Wealth To All Nigerians - Aliko Dangote by Seun(m): 11:32am On May 16, 2007
I am not concerned about what the government is going to generate. What have they done with what they have?
Re: My Dream Is To Spread Wealth To All Nigerians - Aliko Dangote by GNature(m): 4:57pm On May 16, 2007
Good point, but I was just listing an omitted benefit of the obajana cement project
Re: My Dream Is To Spread Wealth To All Nigerians - Aliko Dangote by Seun(m): 5:10pm On May 16, 2007
Yeah. I think Dangote has a right to build whatever he wants to build with his money.
He does not - or should not - need our permission. It is not - or should not - be any of our business.

If the product he comes up with is good and affordable, we will patronize him. Otherwise, we won't. Period.

(1) (Reply)

NIPOST: How Efficient Is It? / Haulage Investment,lease And Hire / Pls Any Investment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.