Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,865 members, 7,813,953 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

Pressure On Female Folks To Get Married - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pressure On Female Folks To Get Married (805 Views)

Help!! My Mother And My Girlfriend Are Putting Pressure On Me / How Do We Recognise Greenlights From The Female Folks..help A Niggar!! / I Think Everyone Should Hear This Truth. No Disrespect To The Female Folks Pleas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pressure On Female Folks To Get Married by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 22, 2019
From the beginning of dating ,all that runs through her mind is marriage (if she is really serious with you).
After six months if no subtle words of settling down comes out of your lips ,she will be uncomfortable but comfort herself with the tales of people dating for almost a decade and then suddenly get married.
After dating for about two years and still nothing,valentine days will involve her checking her drink for a ring, checking secret corners for a ring. On her birthday or if you invite her for a date she will take proper care of her nails in case you will propose.

As years go by,no ring and then she watches marriage stories on bellanaija, it leaves her in worries. She wonders what happens if you both break up and after three months you get married to another girl? Or after dating her for a long while you both break up and people start asking what she was doing with her life that at her age she is still single?

Out of the blue she would not return your calls, she will start acting out of place. And then one day she calls it off. You wonder where you erred. You weren't cheating,you both were the perfect couple.
Whilst grieving the heart ache after a couple of months,she tells you she is getting married to someone else. You are shock to your bone marrow!

Don't hate her, bid her well. She saw a guy that was willing to marry her after a short while of dating!
Have a friend of mine who is decent. Started dating at 21, she dated her first love for four years before she broke up with him for cheating. Stayed single for a year in order to heal. Started dating again, dated her second boo for about 3 years and three months before he proposed to her. They were engaged for like eight months when his mom pastors started telling her stuffs that she isn't the one destined for him till he cut it off completely.
She will clock 30 this December,and many will tag her evening newspaper,or someone who lived a useless life doing runs... Many will be oblivious of the fact that she was decent and gave her all in her only two relationships..
Men will sought for young blood(girls in her early twenties) instead of her...

The pressure on ladies to marry early is way much unlike more developed countries were a girl may decide to marry in her 30s. Many will say a woman is more fertile and will give birth to healthier babies if she is younger. Is marriage about babies solely? A good diet and exercise will keep a lady in good shape not her age.

No lady should be pressured into marriage or shammed for not getting married please..if she wanna build up a career,leave her alone. Or do her masters, please leave her alone.
Imagine what ladies will have had to offer in marriage if they weren't made to marry earlier. Many careers and dreams they will have achieved if they didn't marry early and focused on them.
Why can't ladies be Made before settling down?

Cc: saffi, fuministicqueen,magnolia,MJBOLT, ubunja, budaatum (if I am permitted to mention you),poccohantas,paccus, pansopist,lillyval

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pressure On Female Folks To Get Married by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 22, 2019
Nice write up
Re: Pressure On Female Folks To Get Married by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 22, 2019
wink
Re: Pressure On Female Folks To Get Married by CAPSLOCKED: 5:54pm On Aug 22, 2019
YOUR FOLKS PRESSURE THEMSELVES AND THEIR DAUGHTERS INTO MARRIAGE SO AS TO ESCAPE RESPONSIBILITIES, DIFFICULTY AND IN SOME CASES, TO AVOID ANY FORM WORK.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pressure On Female Folks To Get Married by MrCuteking(m): 6:01pm On Aug 22, 2019
Mchew

Re: Pressure On Female Folks To Get Married by nlPoster: 6:03pm On Aug 22, 2019
Michellekabod2:

Have a friend of mine who is decent. Started dating at 21, she dated her first love for four years before she broke up with him for cheating. Stayed single for a year in order to heal. Started dating again, dated her second boo for about 3 years and three months before he proposed to her. They were engaged for like eight months when his mom pastors started telling her stuffs that she isn't the one destined for him till he cut it off completely.

See story on top another person matter, na wa o.

What's your own tale?

As per your friend, if she keeps having broken relationships, perhaps people are doing that for a reason. She should keep dating until she finds someone to marry.

It's not about what people are calling you, it's finding how to overcome and improve on whatever folks see as your deficiency.

1 Like

Re: Pressure On Female Folks To Get Married by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 22, 2019
nairalandposter:

See story on top another person matter, na wa o.

What's your own tale?

As per your friend, if she keeps having broken relationships, perhaps people are doing that for a reason. She should keep dating until she finds someone to marry.

It's not about what people are calling you, it's finding how to overcome and improve on whatever folks see as your deficiency.
Do you reason at all? You read right?
Re: Pressure On Female Folks To Get Married by nlPoster: 8:30pm On Aug 22, 2019
As soon as you prove you're not one of the people behind your "friend's" predicament. . .
Re: Pressure On Female Folks To Get Married by budaatum: 3:20am On Aug 23, 2019
There's a special love
Like an eagle flying with a dove
I'll find it in the end
If I keep on searching, but until then
I'm Carrie not-the-kind-of-girl-you'd-marry
That's me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4OWFqr7Fjg

One day you will learn to mention in a separate post.
Re: Pressure On Female Folks To Get Married by hahn(m): 10:14am On Aug 23, 2019
budaatum:
There's a special love
Like an eagle flying with a dove
I'll find it in the end
If I keep on searching, but until then
I'm Carrie not-the-kind-of-girl-you'd-marry
That's me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4OWFqr7Fjg

One day you will learn to mention in a separate post

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sexforgrades:' Lecturer Demands Hot Round Of Sex To Pass A Student [ Watch ] / A Guy Dated A Girl For 3yrs Without Sex, Even After Their Traditional Marriage / Why Are You In A Rel'ationship: say the truth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.