Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

How & Why do siblings fall apart? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How & Why do siblings fall apart? (23963 Views)

Husband Discovers That His Wife’s Supposed Four Siblings Are Her Children / Why Do Siblings Of Same Parents Drift Apart? / Five Siblings Recreate Childhood Photo After 50 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by Hamachi(f): 5:54am On May 09, 2023
ednut1:
pastor with this kind behaviour nawa
Pastor is a title.
Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by Hamachi(f): 5:55am On May 09, 2023
Kendrick80:
Bad divorce (when the kids are forced to pick a side)
is there good divorce?
Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by Hamachi(f): 5:57am On May 09, 2023
sunnymighty:

My story plenty oh, I have set my boundaries, nobody can interfere in my marriage, in as much i did not interfere In theirs. It is well bro.
kiss unfortunately we have weak men these days.
Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by Hamachi(f): 5:58am On May 09, 2023
1Sharon:
My siblings piss me off sometimes

You hear about sisters sleeping with their brothers in law, brothers/sisters poisoning each other, stealing from each other.
I just cannot imagine me and siblings doing that to each other. It's crazy and I think it only happens to siblings that lacked love in their household
This old news. Lastest is husbands sleeping with mother-in-law
Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by sunnymighty(m): 6:30am On May 09, 2023
Hamachi:
kiss unfortunately we have weak men these days.

To each his own, when you stand your ground they start emotional blackmail and begin to tell those that cared to listen that he has been fed with juju just because you refused to be manipulated or be subjected to their whims and caprices. It is what it is.

4 Likes

Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by Kendrick80(m): 9:30am On May 09, 2023
Hamachi:
is there good divorce?
Kim and ye was fairly good wink

3 Likes

Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by softsoul22(m): 3:22pm On May 09, 2023
Nice question: Hardwood charcoal is used for cooking and for barbecue stuffs, charcoal demand has been increased in the European countries and also exported to Dubai.
The market is huge and shippers are making good money from it here in Nigeria.

Greenfaces:
why do people export charcoal. What is it done with abroad. What's the market for it
Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by Hamachi(f): 9:46pm On May 09, 2023
wink
Kendrick80:

Kim and ye was fairly good wink
Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by nuelleoz(m): 11:49pm On May 09, 2023
yazga:
I've been hearing frequent tales on this issue between siblings and its been making me wonder how it all starts.
I love my siblings to pieces and I'm sure they feel the same way towards me so I can't really imagine why anyone would hate theirs so much they do neither see nor talk.
Some even turn their lives into competitions with their brothers/sisters.
A friend once narrated to me how her immediate elder sister treated her while they were staying together and how the sister stylishly threw her out of the house for no real reason asides petty issues.now that she's even married and her elder sister is not,they are sworn enemies!
Two of my aunt (sisters) and at war now-for petty reasons!
One of my friends doesnt know ANYTHING about his brother and they don't ever call each other for no reason!
Why oh why! cry cry

There are lots of factors. Just a few:

## Most parents didn't raise their children with love due to how broken they were while growing up or how unhealthy the marriage was, and in turn reflected in the children.

##another is age difference between siblings. When a family has just one child, and their second child get birthed like 10-15 years after the first. The first child has been alone without sibling to play with, talk to or carry out activities together(even worse if he's an introvert) throughout his childhood and teenage before the second comes of age or even grows up to engage in a conversation or do things together. so literally there's that "what do we have to talk about?" Kind of feel between them.

###when siblings come from a polygamous home, the most times tend to not align, because there has been a form of segregation between each of the wives and their children

####when you're from an abusive home, you tend not to want to get along with anyone, you just wanna be alone.

#####children from single parents, especially with a single dad or single mum who is physically and emotionally abusive of her children. The children just grow and tend to not want to have anything to do with their family members. The want to just be on their own away from any memory or reminder of it

Not every sibling issue is about envy or money. A lot stems from foundational experiences.

3 Likes

Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by Hamachi(f): 4:42am On May 10, 2023
wink
nuelleoz:

There are lots of factors. Just a few:

## Most parents didn't raise their children with love due to how broken they were while growing up or how unhealthy the marriage was, and in turn reflected in the children.

##another is age difference between siblings. When a family has just one child, and their second child get birthed like 10-15 years after the first. The first child has been alone without sibling to play with, talk to or carry out activities together(even worse if he's an introvert) throughout his childhood and teenage before the second comes of age or even grows up to engage in a conversation or do things together. so literally there's that "what do we have to talk about?" Kind of feel between them.

###when siblings come from a polygamous home, the most times tend to not align, because there has been a form of segregation between each of the wives and their children

####when you're from an abusive home, you tend not to want to get along with anyone, you just wanna be alone.

#####children from single parents, especially with a single dad or single mum who is physically and emotionally abusive of her children. The children just grow and tend to not want to have anything to do with their family members. The want to just be on their own away from any memory or reminder of it

Not every sibling issue is about envy or money. A lot stems from foundational experiences.
Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by SMJay: 6:23am On May 14, 2023
cry
Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by Hamachi(f): 12:42pm On May 27, 2023
SMJay:
cry
Kwani

2 Likes

Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by Kobicove(m): 11:21am On Jun 17, 2023
vickydevoka:

Envy you can say, but having an entitlement mentality will make you fall apart. Your brother is a CBN governor n you are a teacher. Now you expect your brother to make you bank manager. Some siblings only call you when they need money

There is nothing as insulting and annoying as only receiving a call from someone when the person needs a favour from you angry

3 Likes

Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by vickydevoka(m): 9:43pm On Jun 17, 2023
Kobicove:

There is nothing as insulting and annoying as only receiving a call from someone when the person needs a favour from you angry
I think I was born for that. But I'm used to it now. If anybody start gisting with me, de next thing is billing. N I de turn up for them. But if na me nobody go turn up for me

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Elderly Man Heaps Praises On His Wife As She Arrives From Work (video) / Mother Tattooed Her Son's Face On Her Back (Photo) / When Marriage Becomes Toxic.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.