Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,279 members, 7,811,831 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence (23768 Views)

If Your Grandma Slaps Your Mum In Your Presence What Will You Do? / How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? / Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by DaddyRochie1642: 7:32am On Jan 17
It's over one year I lost my mother to stage 4 breast cancer, the breast cancer was not detected early,

- I remember that day very clearly like it was yesterday,
- It was on a Sunday morning, she was responsive their on her hospital bed, she was even smiling with the doctor attending to her,
- I was there, my younger brother was there, my older cousin was there, we were there by her side, the doctor attending to her left,
- Few minutes after the doctor left, mummy closed her eyes,
- We immediately rushed and called the doctors to the situation, the brought their machine for CPR, the machine couldn't detect her pulse/vitals,
- She was pronounced dead after several efforts.
- I couldn't believe I just saw mummy die before my eyes,
- My younger brother went nuts right there in the hospital, my older cousin shed tears, his eyes were red, I was too shocked, I just sat down beside her body and held her hand for over an hour, she was 52years old.
- This memory plays in my head each day.

- My younger brother was never himself After mummy's passing,
- He developed some kind of mental health issues, it was so bad for him,
- My younger brother became a complete shadow of himself, this is someone that is full of Life and energy when mummy was alive.
- Doctor said it was schizophrenia which was triggered due to the loss of a loved one as he was very close to her.

- With combined efforts, my younger brother slowly overcame the mental health issue,
- Each time I look at him, I'm so glad we rallied around for him, I am so glad I played my role and stood by him at that low point in his life, I'm filled with happiness each time I see him.

- Witnessing a loved one die in your presence is a scar for life, it can damage a person for Life.

You can share your experience if you wish, it is not an easy thing to talk about.

186 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by Kobojunkie: 7:45am On Jan 17
DaddyRochie1642:
It's over one year I lost my mother to stage 4 breast cancer, the breast cancer was not detected early,
By any chance, was your mother religious? Was she a member of any church were she prayed regularly or prayer groups or the likes? undecided
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by DaddyRochie1642: 7:47am On Jan 17
Kobojunkie:
By any chance, was your mother religious? Was she a member of any church were she prayed regularly or prayer groups or the likes? undecided

She was undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by Kobojunkie: 7:48am On Jan 17
DaddyRochie1642:

■ She was undecided
Care to reveal which? undecided
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by WombBreaker: 8:38am On Jan 17
Imagine saying your brother's mentally ill

TF

Schizophrenia is not a mental illness please

Your brother's a state of paranoia that his mommy died

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by DaddyRochie1642: 10:08am On Jan 17
Kobojunkie:
Care to reveal which? undecided

Doesn't matter now, Redeem Christian Church undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by DaddyRochie1642: 10:09am On Jan 17
WombBreaker:

TF

The doctor said so, he was diagnosed, you seem to have a problem with it

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by talk2hb1(m): 1:33pm On Jan 17
I can relate, when my Dad died in my hand in 2022, although I had the premonition 3days ahead.
I still can’t get over him till today.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by ChybuzzDD(m): 2:17pm On Jan 17
DaddyRochie1642:

- It was on a Sunday morning, she was responsive their on her hospital bed, she was even smiling with the doctor attending to her,
- I was there, my younger brother was there, my older cousin was there, we were there by her side, the doctor attending to her left,
- We immediately rushed and called the doctors to the situation, the brought their machine for CPR, the machine couldn't detect her pulse/vitals,
- My younger brother went nuts right there in the hospital, my older cousin shed tears, his eyes were red, I was too shocked, I just sat down beside her body and held her hand for over an hour, she was 52years old.

- My younger brother became a complete shadow of himself, this is someone that is full of Life and energy when mummy was alive.
- Doctor said it was schizophrenia which was triggered due to the loss of a loved one as he was very close to her.

- With combined efforts, my younger brother slowly overcame the mental health issue,
- Each time I look at him, I'm so glad we rallied around for him, I am so glad I played my role and stood by him at that low point in his life, I'm filled with happiness each time I see him.

- Witnessing a loved one die in your presence is a scar for life, it can damage a person for Life.

You can share your experience if you wish, it is not an easy thing to talk about.

May her soul RIP

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by ChybuzzDD(m): 2:20pm On Jan 17
WombBreaker:

TF

What are you saying?

Schizophrenia is a psychiatric illness as well as a mental illness

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by Mindlog: 2:34pm On Jan 17
WombBreaker:

TF

Schizophrenia is a serious mental illness! Where did you learn, it isn't?

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by WombBreaker: 2:36pm On Jan 17
Mindlog:

Schizophrenia is a serious mental illness! Where did you learn, it isn't?

That's a lie

I know a guy with schizophrenia that's doing well more than the average dude

4 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by WombBreaker: 4:42pm On Jan 17
psychicdreams:

You're right. And I know I am here to put you on your toes. Pending the time I get a response to my mails, I'll be on the lookout for any vile comment from you. Just one, you hear? I promise I will make you conform to civility, and I will make it happen.

RoyalRoy

Seun

Quoted troll keep using multiple alts and Derailing threads

Violation of multiple rules
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by Kobojunkie: 4:55pm On Jan 17
WombBreaker:
That's a lie. I know a guy with schizophrenia that's doing well more than the average dude
Please describe this guy, and what you mean by he is doing well. lipsrsealed

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by Kobojunkie: 4:58pm On Jan 17
DaddyRochie1642:
■ Doesn't matter now, Redeem Christian Church undecided
Oh, I see! Just wondering whether the cancer was asymptomatic or she was merely blinded by religion. Sadly, she is gone. please take heart. lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by WombBreaker: 5:00pm On Jan 17
Kobojunkie:
Please describe this guy, and what you mean by he is doing well. lipsrsealed

Look up Terry Davis

There are more like him
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by DaddyRochie1642: 5:08pm On Jan 17
Kobojunkie:
Oh, I see! Just wondering whether the cancer was asymptomatic or she was merely blinded by religion. Sadly, she is gone. please take heart. lipsrsealed

Can breast cancer be asymptomatic, I'm curious

8 Likes

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by Kobojunkie: 5:18pm On Jan 17
DaddyRochie1642:
■ Can breast cancer be asymptomatic, I'm curious
It is possible but rare. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by Kobojunkie: 5:20pm On Jan 17
WombBreaker:
■ Look up Terry Davis. There are more like him
Are you joking? Terry Davis, who struggled with the illness, eventually dying at 48 did well for himself. shocked shocked shocked

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by EbenezerTriumph: 5:29pm On Jan 17
DaddyRochie1642:

I lost my dad on November last year.
I almost lost my sanity as he died at 84 and even at that age he sponsored me through school (I'm a fresh graduate).
Graduating and coming back home I lost him to the cold hands of death.
His death affected me and I almost got sacked at work.
Till now I'm yet to recover

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by Fira09(m): 5:33pm On Jan 17
psychicdreams:

Im just kidding grin grin

Of cos it's serious because I have it too

I only try to joke abt it becos it's hard to deal with. embarassed
What is this? Lmao grin

1 Like

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by sholay2011(m): 5:35pm On Jan 17
Kobojunkie:
What is really your problem? Jeez...

This thread is quite emotional and OP's writeup really broke my heart. I'm glad your younger brother is doing fine now. smiley

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by DaddyRochie1642: 5:39pm On Jan 17
EbenezerTriumph:
I lost my dad on November last year.
I almost lost my sanity as he died at 84 and even at that age he sponsored me through school (I'm a fresh graduate).
Graduating and coming back home I lost him to the cold hands of death.
His death affected me and I almost got sacked at work.
Till now I'm yet to recover

Wow,.... this deep, even at his age, his passing has this kind of impact on you, imagine, if he had passed at a younger age,

There was a guy I knew that was always telling me to be strong when our mother passed each time we meet,
- two months later, one day me and him met and he was telling me that the time he was telling me to be strong and stay strong after our mother passed away, it was after he lost his father one month later that he realized what I was going through that period our mother passed.
- he told me that it is not easy for him to stay strong after loosing his father, he was asking me for tips on how to stay strong after such a loss.

People that have not experienced loosing a loved one can never ever relate to it.

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by Kobojunkie: 5:54pm On Jan 17
psychicdreams:
Yes he did
He did well, how? undecided
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by Mindlog: 6:45pm On Jan 17
WombBreaker:

That's a lie

Go read up on schizophrenia and post any link that claims it is psychopathological.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by bellong: 12:31am On Jan 18
WombBreaker:

That's a lie

I think your opinion stems from the believe that people living with mental illness cannot live a normal life. It is ignorance to believe the lie.

DSM-V classified schizophrenia as a serious mental illness. People with mental illness can still live a normal life with support from behavioural therapy, anti-psychotic medications and other therapy methods.
Yes, people with schizophrenia can live well and still contribute to the society. Professor John Nash, a Nobel laurette in Mathematics is a classic example.

@OP, the loss of loved ones is very painful particularly those who have made significant impact in our lives. The good memories we have of them and the great life they lived help to alleviate the pain.

Happy to hear that your brother got the help he needed and didn't develop a treatment resistant schizophrenia.
It is well with you all.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Second Born Children Are More Rebellious And Prone To Criminal Act / My Father Is Destroying My Brother And My Family!!! / I Need Help! Its About Life And Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.