Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,138 members, 7,818,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car (12514 Views)

Service Your Vehicle With As Low As N10k (promo) / Why You Must Service Your Car Regularly / Nigerians Take The "Take Your Car On A Date" Trend To A Higher Level (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by korel9: 10:20am On Aug 23, 2019
Mrford:

Disregard this advice

Why please?
Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by nonix22(m): 10:26am On Aug 23, 2019
original asimco brake pads I suppose
erico2k2:

Yes by replacing with cheap and substandard parts, The Brak pads in my Mrs car was installed 3 years ago and still holding!
Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by erico2k2(m): 10:27am On Aug 23, 2019
nonix22:
original asimco brake pads I suppose
Brambo
Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by paix(m): 10:31am On Aug 23, 2019
marshalldgreat:
True... I service every month
That can be regarded as a waste of scarce resources and promotion of environmental pollution, if the car is not used for commercial purposes.
Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by nonix22(m): 10:36am On Aug 23, 2019
which brand of car?
erico2k2:

Brambo
Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by LongThickPenis(m): 10:36am On Aug 23, 2019
I service every 3000 miles as recommended by manufacturer

1 Like

Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by paix(m): 10:38am On Aug 23, 2019
ohosi4real:
I never buy car so the topic is not for me
So if you no get work, you will not go to school? You will wait till you get work first before you begin go school abi?
Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by erico2k2(m): 10:38am On Aug 23, 2019
nonix22:
which brand of car?
Jeep
Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by erico2k2(m): 10:38am On Aug 23, 2019
LongThickPenis:
I service every 3000 miles as recommended by manufacturer
I bet your user name get service more often than your moniker grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by nonix22(m): 10:40am On Aug 23, 2019
which of the jeeps?
The Jeep company we know?
erico2k2:

Jeep
Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by opray: 10:46am On Aug 23, 2019
True talk but Nigerians nogo hear word nah.

Contact me for 100% undiluted designer perfume oils

WhatsApp 08050930154
Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by paix(m): 10:47am On Aug 23, 2019
erico2k2:

Jeep
What type of JEEP?
CHEROKEE
WRANGLER
COMPASS
GLADIATOR
RENEGADE
Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by erico2k2(m): 10:50am On Aug 23, 2019
paix:
What type of JEEP?
CHEROKEE
WRANGLER
COMPASS
GLADIATOR
RENEGADE
What has the Model got to do with anything?
Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by erico2k2(m): 10:51am On Aug 23, 2019
nonix22:
which of the jeeps?
The Jeep company we know?
There is only one brand of car called JEEP, I seriously do not know what you guys are on about!
Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by paix(m): 10:52am On Aug 23, 2019
erico2k2:

What has the Model got to do with anything?
Are you suggesting that all models have the same parts?
Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 23, 2019
Mrford:

Disregard this advice

When you make statements like this one. You should also include your reasons so everyone can learn something from you
Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by erico2k2(m): 10:55am On Aug 23, 2019
paix:
Are you suggesting that all models have the same parts?
If you are mechanically inclined you will know that all brand and manufacturers of cars inter use same parts up to 90% from Toyota to Land rover
Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by nonix22(m): 10:55am On Aug 23, 2019
ok, I know man
i get you
erico2k2:

There is only one brand of car called JEEP, I seriously do not know what you guys are on about!
Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 23, 2019
korel9:

Why please?

I can assure you bro, my advice is the best way to keep your car in good shape
Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 23, 2019
erico2k2:

what are you servicing 6 months?

Generator. It seems you didn’t notice the word car in the statement you quoted.
Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by erico2k2(m): 10:59am On Aug 23, 2019
deleyi20:

Generator. It seems you didn’t notice the word car in the statement you quoted.
The reason I ask is there is nothing to change in your car in 6 months except fake parts
Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 23, 2019
erico2k2:

The reason I ask is there is nothing to change in your car in 6 months except fake parts

Hmmm, you’re getting it twisted.

Nothing has to be wrong with your car before you service it.

Comprehensive servicing includes but not limited to

Engine Oil change
Oil filter change
Air filter change
Checking and Topping up all the fluids in the car to appropriate level
Checking the brake pads and replacing them if worn-out beyond recommended percentage
All other sorts of mechanical, electrical or physical inspections carried out.

Do these every 10,000km 6 months and you stand a chance of keeping your car in good shape.

This is the maintenance culture we lack in Naija.

This is what most of our American, Australian and European car owners do regularly hence we can buy their used cars

1 Like

Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by MisterKings(m): 11:34am On Aug 23, 2019
Godspower35:
Regular maintenance of your car is an important part of the owner of a car. We are very reliant on traveling from one place to another. When the unwanted things happen and the car breaks down, it often ruins that time. Regular car service is not a definite failure, but it certainly helps reduce the intensity of the losses.

These useful tips will help, read carefully:

Ensures safety

The main reason for maintaining your car on a regular basis is to protect you, your family, and other people on the road. Although there are so many reasons for car accidents, neglecting cars is a cause for concern. Faulty steering and braking systems, too little fluid, worn out windscreen wipers and other car related issues that can lead to serious travel accidents. If you use your car regularly, you can ensure that everything is working properly and avoid such problems before they occur.

Prevents malfunctions

With a car that is not being serviced in time, roadside emergencies can happen anytime, anywhere.
Factors that increase tension are related to the amount of unnecessary expenditure, such as: For example, the cost of towing, hiring a mechanic and finding a temporary car that will give you unwanted bills. You can avoid these unnecessary things. It's always on the better side to avoid such malfunctions by regularly servicing your car. Mechanics can find and fix problems before they get bigger and save you from roadside emergencies and accidents.

Increases the performance of your car

Regularly monitoring the fluids, oil and internal mechanics of your car reduces internal wear and increases the overall performance of the car. A well-maintained car always makes for a more responsive and quieter ride, so you can get the most out of your car.

Ensures fuel efficiency

For car owners, the mileage and the amount of fuel they use for their car is an important reason to think. Regular maintenance of your car and regular oil changes will save your car some money.

Extends the life of your car

Regular maintenance ensures that your car is in top condition. And when your car is in top condition, it lasts longer - and you can use it for years. In addition, you will have less stress while driving your car.

Reduces pollution

Your car has a huge impact on the environment. Every time you drive a car you add some CO2 and CO gases to the atmosphere. Improperly maintained cars cause toxic emissions that cause pollution, smog, water particles and acid rain, and damage the environment.

Lowers operating cost

You may consider periodic maintenance of your car to be unnecessary. But a well-maintained car actually lowers travel costs by avoiding big problems costing a nice penny. In addition, a broken car would ruin your plans for the day. And it will take your precious time to find a mechanic and something new for you.

POINTS TO NOTE

Naturally, cars survive when we periodically pay attention to them,for instance; Lubricating the right part, using good gasoline, and paying attention to other parts. If we strictly adhere to the instructions above it will definite help increase the life span of the vehicle.

Thanks for viewing
Please don't forget to Like, Share, Comment.........................
Have a lovely weekend Ahead.
Source: http://www.eliancars.com/2019/08/7-top-reasons-why-you-should-frequently.html
[img]https://1.bp..com/-X19mA43DUeI/XV8hh2k9VxI/AAAAAAAACsI/kdtFA67SqSUw19t8PyvpsbAYReuh1QDiwCLcBGAs/s320/car%2Bservicing%2B1.jpg[/img]

How often do we need to service our cars
Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by paix(m): 11:36am On Aug 23, 2019
erico2k2:

If you are mechanically inclined you will know that all brand and manufacturers of cars inter use same parts up to 90% from Toyota to Land rover
We're Talking about JEEP cars and NOT Toyota or Land Rover. Maybe you are referring to SUVs as JEEPs. .
Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by topsamjo(m): 12:12pm On Aug 23, 2019
erico2k2:

waste of money, there is no car that deserves service monthly, if your car gives you cause for concern each month then it is faulty!

i concur!
Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by topsamjo(m): 12:14pm On Aug 23, 2019
MisterKings:

How often do we need to service our cars

3 months shld be good.
Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by erico2k2(m): 12:17pm On Aug 23, 2019
paix:
We're Talking about JEEP cars and NOT Toyota or Land Rover. Maybe you are referring to SUVs as JEEPs. .
Here goes one ignorant Nigerians!I now see ur fixation on this quote!
Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by erico2k2(m): 12:19pm On Aug 23, 2019
deleyi20:

Hmmm, you’re getting it twisted.

Nothing has to be wrong with your car before you service it.

Comprehensive servicing includes but not limited to

Engine Oil change
Oil filter change
Air filter change
Checking and Topping up all the fluids in the car to appropriate level
Checking the brake pads and replacing them if worn-out beyond recommended percentage
All other sorts of mechanical, electrical or physical inspections carried out.

Do these every 10,000km 6 months and you stand a chance of keeping your car in good shape.

This is the maintenance culture we lack in Naija.

This is what most of our American, Australian and European car owners do regularly hence we can buy their used cars
No body I repeat nobody in America or Europe service their cars every 6 months! your MOT/SMOG test is yearly, so where did you get this from?
Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by Kollymarshall: 12:21pm On Aug 23, 2019
Like how often or how long should one service or change the engine oil of one's car?
Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by erico2k2(m): 12:27pm On Aug 23, 2019
topsamjo:

3 months shld be good.
Seriously, what are you looking at in 3 months?
Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by erico2k2(m): 12:28pm On Aug 23, 2019
Kollymarshall:
Like how often or how long should one service or change the engine oil of one's car?
your car manufacturer has it written in your service book, if not google their website, it's free of charge!
Re: 7 Top Reasons Why You Should Frequently Service Your Car by Charly68: 1:11pm On Aug 23, 2019
Car servicing shouldn't be more than thrice in a year ..I learnt that when I left the country .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 5 Bad Car Habits / 20 Sure Ways To Survive The Current Fuel Scarcity. / Elon Musk And Tesla Settle SEC Fraud Case For $40m,Will Resign As Tesla Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.