Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,153 members, 7,860,127 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:19 AM

Asari Dokubo Forms His Own Wing Of The BIAFRA Movement - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Asari Dokubo Forms His Own Wing Of The BIAFRA Movement (37367 Views)

Tinubu & Rotimi Amaechi At Private Wing Of MMIA Lagos (Photos) / Asari Dokubo Forms Biafra Customary Government (BCG) / '#EndSARS Is A Failed Biafra Movement Supported By Gullible Ones' - Adamu Garba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asari Dokubo Forms His Own Wing Of The BIAFRA Movement by Area4Area: 1:12am On Aug 24, 2019
Ikechunna:

Who has time reading this long epistle of tears and obvious fear of having this shithole divided.

Only thing I have time address is your ignorance. Why would ipob address Asari delusion when reality speaks otherwise. There's not one single igbo community run by an Ijaw or who's descendants are of Ijaw origin yet, the same can't be said for Ijaws. Currently Bonny kingship is still under the leadership of an Igbo descendant. Likewise, Ijaws never chased Igbos to unlivable situation as Arochukwu did them during the slave raiding. Your ignorance itself is your uneducation this stupidly believe others will waste a second addressing a delusion. Not everyone is as uneducated as you.

I didn't waste my time reading your epistle but one thing that did caught my eyes is your attempt to take a jab at South Sudan. South Sudan is better than your shithole as we type. South Sudan is currently not the poverty of the world. It currently does not carry the highest IDP in the world. It currently does not carry the 1st and 3rd largest terrorist groups in the world. I suggest next time you seek to describe a failed nation look at that shithole, Niggeria, you hail from instead of laughable pointing at a nation that is actually better than your hellhole despite their troubles.
I can see you love that word "shithole", if I may ask, what does a shithole produce? Pieces of shiit, meaning that since you are a product of a shithole, you are a piece of .......
Fill in the gap.

As for your other rants, go cry me a river, always attaching to the SS who had never liked the Igbos even before the civil war
Re: Asari Dokubo Forms His Own Wing Of The BIAFRA Movement by Area4Area: 1:13am On Aug 24, 2019
PrecisionFx:

grin grin grin.

Afonja, i didn't read @ all...

IGBOS Are ijaws and ijaws are IGBOS.

Keep FoooOOoooOOOooLing ur self.
Go to Yenagoa and say this
Re: Asari Dokubo Forms His Own Wing Of The BIAFRA Movement by duncun: 1:29am On Aug 24, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Asari Dokubo Forms His Own Wing Of The BIAFRA Movement by duncun: 1:30am On Aug 24, 2019
Re: Asari Dokubo Forms His Own Wing Of The BIAFRA Movement by Ikechunna: 1:42am On Aug 24, 2019
Area4Area:
I can see you love that word "shithole", if I may ask, what does a shithole produce? Pieces of shiit, meaning that since you are a product of a shithole, you are a piece of .......
Fill in the gap.

As for your other rants, go cry me a river, always attaching to the SS who had never liked the Igbos even before the civil war

Go and cry to Trump for calling your shithole it's well deserved name. You and that worthless hellhole you come from is indeed a shithole. I mean look even south Sudan that is at war is still better that that worthless, useless piece of shit you lots decieve yourselves as a nation. While I'm at it fool, I've longed denounced that shithole. The day I burned your passport and Ebonyi associated to your piece of shit was the day any connection to your shithole was cut. My only attachment is Biafra and since she's not on the Map yet, my current citizenship is the only thing I hold a passport on and it most definitely not that shithole you lots hail from.

Seem this Pathetic nigga. Aren't you the one wailing on this page about Asari and Ijaw forming Biafra fraction and now your twisting your uneducated head into discrediting your own pathetic attempt to mock. Just pure hilarious. Oh and btw dum dum, I'm from SS, delta State precisely. Enyi.

Abeg get out of my mention and go fix that nonsense you lots call a nation. Poverty capital rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Asari Dokubo Forms His Own Wing Of The BIAFRA Movement by LocalNietzsche: 4:42am On Aug 24, 2019
Toh. If you like listen. If you don't like, no listen. That is the truth. Own up your hardship and your struggles. Never let anyone represent your misfortune in life and turn them into his fortune.
Jesus died on the cross to redeem all of us from the original sin. He didn't build a palace, he didn't build private universities, he didn't gather tithes and donations, he didn't let any of his disciples die for his cause. He beared the Cross himself.

So bear your cross and not just wear it. You shall be redeemed.
NoSidonLook:
Whew! embarassed

All these frausters should give the masses some rest abeg undecided

Today is government that's scamming the people
Next is Police
Next is Yahoo boys
Next is fake people's activists/freedom fighters

No true People's generals in Nigeria
Don't be deceived
Everyone of them is fighting to personally acquire power and resources control

The beautiful ones are not yet born.
Re: Asari Dokubo Forms His Own Wing Of The BIAFRA Movement by LocalNietzsche: 4:48am On Aug 24, 2019
Alhaji Mujahid Asari Dokubo.
Alhaji= Pilgrim
Mujahid= Striver or fighter in Allah's cause.
So just take a seat. Asari Dokubo is not on your side. Idiot!!!
stefanbanach:
Go and sit down.

The north has waged an economic war against the southerners who they refer to as infidels.

That is what jihad is, an eternal war against the kafirs. To constantly pressure them until they accept Islam and prophet Mohammed as the one true prophet. You cannot come and preach peace to us when the north holds such poisonous evil ideology. Nigeria can never be one because Islamic doctrine divides humanity into two. The muslims and the inferiors(kafirs). There is division already even without we disliking ourselves physically.

I have read the quran and the hadith and I can tell you that the problem of Nigeria is the north and their obsession to subduing the south and converting them to Islam.

Islam is cancer to humanity.

Thank you!
Re: Asari Dokubo Forms His Own Wing Of The BIAFRA Movement by Nobody: 6:54am On Aug 24, 2019
Area4Area:
Go to Yenagoa and say this

Asari Dokubo has been saying it in Bayelsa grin
Re: Asari Dokubo Forms His Own Wing Of The BIAFRA Movement by Nobody: 6:57am On Aug 24, 2019
PrecisionFx:

grin grin grin.

Afonja, i didn't read @ all...

IGBOS Are ijaws and ijaws are IGBOS.

Keep FoooOOoooOOOooLing ur self.
Unverified fake news.
Imagine if someone goes to say what you have typed now in the gathering of the ijaws. These are the type of comments that breeds war.
Verify every news that you get from credible online sources e. g Google, Wikipedia, Nairaland, YouTube, facebook, twitter e. t. c.
Maggot,don't misinform the general public.
Ijaws are not igbos.
Re: Asari Dokubo Forms His Own Wing Of The BIAFRA Movement by adekolaelect(m): 7:18am On Aug 24, 2019
stefanbanach:
Go and sit down.

The north has waged an economic war against the southerners who they refer to as infidels.

That is what jihad is, an eternal war against the kafirs. To constantly pressure them until they accept Islam and prophet Mohammed as the one true prophet. You cannot come and preach peace to us when the north holds such poisonous evil ideology. Nigeria can never be one because Islamic doctrine divides humanity into two. The muslims and the inferiors(kafirs). There is division already even without we disliking ourselves physically.

I have read the quran and the hadith and I can tell you that the problem of Nigeria is the north and their obsession to subduing the south and converting them to Islam.

Islam is cancer to humanity.

Thank you!
see this one OK ooo tell me if hunger recognise Your religion ? Tell me if religions has anything to do with good economy ? Tell me if good Road recognise which religions before you pass through it? Tell me if prices of goods and services of one religion is cheaper than others? Lastly Tell me if Naira ,Dollars or any wold currency note recognize your Religions before you can spend it. Mind you Christians go to Dubai to invest and relax , Is Dubai not a Islamic state ? You are better to eliminate poverty in your life than to descend on Religions.
Re: Asari Dokubo Forms His Own Wing Of The BIAFRA Movement by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 24, 2019
Ikechunna:

Who has time reading this long epistle of tears and obvious fear of having this shithole divided.

Only thing I have time address is your ignorance. Why would ipob address Asari delusion when reality speaks otherwise. There's not one single igbo community run by an Ijaw or who's descendants are of Ijaw origin yet, the same can't be said for Ijaws. Currently Bonny kingship is still under the leadership of an Igbo descendant. Likewise, Ijaws never chased Igbos to unlivable situation as Arochukwu did them during the slave raiding. Your ignorance itself is your uneducation this stupidly believe others will waste a second addressing a delusion. Not everyone is as uneducated as you.

I didn't waste my time reading your epistle but one thing that did caught my eyes is your attempt to take a jab at South Sudan. South Sudan is better than your shithole as we type. South Sudan is currently not the poverty of the world. It currently does not carry the highest IDP in the world. It currently does not carry the 1st and 3rd largest terrorist groups in the world. I suggest next time you seek to describe a failed nation look at that shithole, Niggeria, you hail from instead of laughable pointing at a nation that is actually better than your hellhole despite their troubles.
Don't make unverified comments just to prove yourself right.
Where did you get that nonsense information that king Edward Asimini William Dappa Pepple is from Igbo ?
Wikipedia
Bonny Island or Grand Bonny Island was founded by Priest and Premier King (Monarch) Alagbariye (also known and referred to as “Kala-beni”, Alagbariya, Alaigbariya, Alagbaria, Alagbarie, Alagbariagha and Alagbarigha). Alagbariye (known in Bonny tradition as "Amakoromabo", meaning "founder", and his brothers, Opuamakuba and Asimini were the leaders of the founding group of Bonny Island Kingdom (otherwise known as Grand Bonny Kingdom).
The virgin lands and territories of the Island Kingdom was founded about or before 1,000AD.

The founding group of the Island Kingdom from the Ebeni-toru area, precisely from Isedani Lineage of Kolokuma, in the present-day Kolokuma/Opokuma Local Government Area of Bayelsa State (in Ancestral Ijawland in the Central Niger Delta), was led by three direct blood descendants of Ebeni.
These are Opuamakuba, Alagbariye and Asimini. From these leaders and the entire founding generation of the Kingdom evolved the lineage/ward/house system of governance, as a result of which the welfarist institution of traditional rulership of the Kingdom came into place,
with the exalted position of “Amanyanabo”, Monarch/King, meaning “owner of the land”; and the position of “Amadapu”, meaning component/subordinate traditional rulers of the Kingdom.
**Ijaws are not igbos**
I purposely brought this down again for you to understand better. King Edward Asimini William Pepple is from Ebeni an ancestral ijawland.

**The founding group of the Island Kingdom from the Ebeni-toru area, precisely from Isedani Lineage of Kolokuma, in the present-day Kolokuma/Opokuma Local Government Area of Bayelsa State (in Ancestral Ijawland in the Central Niger Delta), was led by three direct blood descendants of Ebeni.**
Ijaws are not Igbos .
Re: Asari Dokubo Forms His Own Wing Of The BIAFRA Movement by Ndibunna: 7:44am On Aug 24, 2019
Area4Area:

Attaché by force, Ijaw indeed.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjn2uujkZrkAhUMuRoKHSajCqMQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fpunchng.com%2Fwere-not-biafrans-ijaw-youths-tell-kanu-others%2F&psig=AOvVaw2-SsRZ4luXeWWqpnJAxE83&ust=1566688949727620

Ijaws no send you so stop the attaching

This yoruba boy.

Why must it be every biafra issue that u must be there to be running up and down.
Re: Asari Dokubo Forms His Own Wing Of The BIAFRA Movement by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 24, 2019
adekolaelect:
see this one OK ooo tell me if hunger recognise Your religion ? Tell me if religions has anything to do with good economy ? Tell me if good Road recognise which religions before you pass through it? Tell me if prices of goods and services of one religion is cheaper than others? Lastly Tell me if Naira ,Dollars or any wold currency note recognize your Religions before you can spend it. Mind you Christians go to Dubai to invest and relax , Is Dubai not a Islamic state ? You are better to eliminate poverty in your life than to descend on Religions.
I'm yet to see any Muslim deny that they've been instructed to kill non-Muslims.

Religion of terrorism.
Re: Asari Dokubo Forms His Own Wing Of The BIAFRA Movement by Onlyonebuhari: 9:59am On Aug 24, 2019
stefanbanach:
Typical Nigerian and ad hominem.... Devoid of simple reasoning.

After calling me names, you didn't refute the claim that Islam encourages and infact preaches the killing of non-Muslims.

I'm yet to see a single Muslim who will argue that prophet Mohammed didn't ask muslims not to kill non-Muslims.

I'm happy that Islam is not accepted where I'm from.

Replying a fool like you is absolute nonsense. Where did Islam order people to kill non Muslims?
The rules is that whoever kill a single soul is like killing humanity and whoever save a single soul is like saving the whole humanity. It is your bible that order the killings of human beings and animals

Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.
1 Samuel:15:3
Re: Asari Dokubo Forms His Own Wing Of The BIAFRA Movement by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 24, 2019
Onlyonebuhari:

Replying a fool like you is absolute nonsense. Where did Islam order people to kill non Muslims?
The rules is that whoever kill a single soul is like killing humanity and whoever save a single soul is like saving the whole humanity. It is your bible that order the killings of human beings and animals

Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.
1 Samuel:15:3
calling me a fool won't convince people that Islam is not a religion of terrorism.

Does Islam permit you muslims to oppress non-Muslims or not?

Is killing a non-Muslim a capital offense in Islam?

Did prophet Mohammed not behead thousands of people who didn't believe in him as the one true prophet of Allah?

Answer this questions.

Remember, calling me names will not change anything. But you can convince people nairalanders by putting up a sound argument.
Re: Asari Dokubo Forms His Own Wing Of The BIAFRA Movement by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 24, 2019
Love4God:

Unverified fake news.
Imagine if someone goes to say what you have typed now in the gathering of the ijaws. These are the type of comments that breeds war.
Verify every news that you get from credible online sources e. g Google, Wikipedia, Nairaland, YouTube, facebook, twitter e. t. c.
Maggot,don't misinform the general public.
Ijaws are not igbos.

U are not Ijaw and u are not IGBO.

What d hell is ur mouth doing here?
Re: Asari Dokubo Forms His Own Wing Of The BIAFRA Movement by loopman: 12:01pm On Aug 24, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Then call for dissolution of nigeria.

Ok I call for it grin
Re: Asari Dokubo Forms His Own Wing Of The BIAFRA Movement by Onlyonebuhari: 2:08pm On Aug 24, 2019
stefanbanach:
calling me a fool won't convince people that Islam is not a religion of terrorism.

Does Islam permit you muslims to oppress non-Muslims or not?

Is killing a non-Muslim a capital offense in Islam?

Did prophet Mohammed not behead thousands of people who didn't believe in him as the one true prophet of Allah?

Answer this questions.

Remember, calling me names will not change anything. But you can convince people nairalanders by putting up a sound argument.

Islam foraid killing animals unjustly let alone humans. You are the one to defend your bible
Re: Asari Dokubo Forms His Own Wing Of The BIAFRA Movement by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 24, 2019
Onlyonebuhari:

Islam foraid killing animals unjustly let alone humans. You are the one to defend your bible

Quran 8:12 , "Verily, I am with you, so keep firm those who have believed. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who have disbelieved, so strike them over the necks, and smite over all their fingers and toes."
Re: Asari Dokubo Forms His Own Wing Of The BIAFRA Movement by gidgiddy: 3:17pm On Aug 24, 2019
Ojiofor:
Welcome development and lets watch and see what Asari will do differently from Mazi Kanu.

I would like to see how Asari will get people, particularly his fellow Ijaws, to leave all they have to do and come out in protest

He sees Nnamdi Kanu do it and he thinks its easy
Re: Asari Dokubo Forms His Own Wing Of The BIAFRA Movement by Onlyonebuhari: 3:24pm On Aug 24, 2019
stefanbanach:

Quran 8:12 , "Verily, I am with you, so keep firm those who have believed. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who have disbelieved, so strike them over the necks, and smite over all their fingers and toes."
Who are those people? They people who had truce with the Muslims and after they broke the truce they started killing the Muslims for more than 3 months. And afterwards you are to kill them in the war.
I pity you. Tell me any religion that can give that gracertain to those killing them without immediate retaliation? If
Re: Asari Dokubo Forms His Own Wing Of The BIAFRA Movement by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 24, 2019
Onlyonebuhari:

Who are those people? They people who had truce with the Muslims and after they broke the truce they started killing the Muslims for more than 3 months. And afterwards you are to kill them in the war.
I pity you. Tell me any religion that can give that gracertain to those killing them without immediate retaliation? If
You are not serious.

Prophet Mohammed beheaded 800 people that did not believe he's the prophet and that's who you follow and you want us to believe muslims are not terrorists?

You can't be serious.
Re: Asari Dokubo Forms His Own Wing Of The BIAFRA Movement by Onlyonebuhari: 4:42pm On Aug 24, 2019
stefanbanach:
You are not serious.

Prophet Mohammed beheaded 800 people that did not believe he's the prophet and that's who you follow and you want us to believe muslims are not terrorists?

You can't be serious.

It will not be well with you if you don't name them.
Re: Asari Dokubo Forms His Own Wing Of The BIAFRA Movement by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 24, 2019
PrecisionFx:

U are not Ijaw and u are not IGBO.

What d hell is ur mouth doing here?
Maggot, which source did you draw your conclusions from ?
Are you Ijaw or Igbo ?
Re: Asari Dokubo Forms His Own Wing Of The BIAFRA Movement by Ikechunna: 6:35pm On Aug 24, 2019
Love4God:

Don't make unverified comments just to prove yourself right.
Where did you get that nonsense information that king Edward Asimini William Dappa Pepple is from Igbo ?
Wikipedia
Bonny Island or Grand Bonny Island was founded by Priest and Premier King (Monarch) Alagbariye (also known and referred to as “Kala-beni”, Alagbariya, Alaigbariya, Alagbaria, Alagbarie, Alagbariagha and Alagbarigha). Alagbariye (known in Bonny tradition as "Amakoromabo", meaning "founder", and his brothers, Opuamakuba and Asimini were the leaders of the founding group of Bonny Island Kingdom (otherwise known as Grand Bonny Kingdom).
The virgin lands and territories of the Island Kingdom was founded about or before 1,000AD.

The founding group of the Island Kingdom from the Ebeni-toru area, precisely from Isedani Lineage of Kolokuma, in the present-day Kolokuma/Opokuma Local Government Area of Bayelsa State (in Ancestral Ijawland in the Central Niger Delta), was led by three direct blood descendants of Ebeni.
These are Opuamakuba, Alagbariye and Asimini. From these leaders and the entire founding generation of the Kingdom evolved the lineage/ward/house system of governance, as a result of which the welfarist institution of traditional rulership of the Kingdom came into place,
with the exalted position of “Amanyanabo”, Monarch/King, meaning “owner of the land”; and the position of “Amadapu”, meaning component/subordinate traditional rulers of the Kingdom.
**Ijaws are not igbos**
I purposely brought this down again for you to understand better. King Edward Asimini William Pepple is from Ebeni an ancestral ijawland.

**The founding group of the Island Kingdom from the Ebeni-toru area, precisely from Isedani Lineage of Kolokuma, in the present-day Kolokuma/Opokuma Local Government Area of Bayelsa State (in Ancestral Ijawland in the Central Niger Delta), was led by three direct blood descendants of Ebeni.**
Ijaws are not Igbos .

Someone that does not know history trying to teach me history. Wonders shall never end. Nwoke get off my mention jor

Re: Asari Dokubo Forms His Own Wing Of The BIAFRA Movement by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 24, 2019
Love4God:

Maggot, which source did you draw your conclusions from ?
Are you Ijaw or Igbo ?

U are not Ijaw or IGBO, hold ur mouth
Re: Asari Dokubo Forms His Own Wing Of The BIAFRA Movement by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 24, 2019
loopman:

Ok I call for it grin

Good for u .
Re: Asari Dokubo Forms His Own Wing Of The BIAFRA Movement by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 24, 2019
Ikechunna:

Someone that does not know history trying to teach me history. Wonders shall never end. Nwoke get off my mention jor
Don't prove yourself to be an historical maggot.
Jaja was a slave .
Don't you know that ?
Before Igbo man Jaja (turned ibani) was Bonny not existing.
Your source even says that opobo and Bonny are of the same origin and the founders of Bonny are three Ijaw brothers.
Jaja was an hardworking slave hence he was able to achieve alot in Opobo.
If at all "it is only the lineage of Jaja that would be banished to go back to were he came from before he became a slave in Bonny". Bonny land is not an Igbo territory.

This your propaganda won't work.
Don't mislead the world, ijaws are not Igbos.
Slave Jaja formed" kingdom of opobo"with another Ijaw man and in an Ijaw territory how can you claim such territory.
The name " kingdom of opobo"is even named after an Ijaw man called **Amayanabo opubo **
Get lost.
Ijaws are not Igbos.
Re: Asari Dokubo Forms His Own Wing Of The BIAFRA Movement by Eastlink(m): 1:28am On Aug 25, 2019
Love4God:

Don't prove yourself to be an historical maggot.
Jaja was a slave .
Don't you know that ?
Your source even says that opobo and Bonny are of the same origin and the founders of Bonny are three Ijaw brothers.
Jaja was an hardworking slave hence he was able to achieve alot in Opobo.
If at all "it is only the lineage of Jaja that would be banished to go back to were he came from before he became a slave in Bonny". Bonny land is not an Igbo territory.

This your propaganda won't work.
Don't mislead the world, ijaws are not Igbos.
Slave Jaja formed" kingdom of opobo"with another Ijaw man and in an Ijaw territory how can you claim such territory.
The name " kingdom of opobo"is even named after an Ijaw man called **Amayanabo opubo **
Get lost.
Ijaws are not Igbos.
Only some Igbo families in Bonny were slaves. They had imported slaves like Jaja and Oko Jumbo but majority of Ubani Igbo families had direct links from the early five Bonny founders and kings. Apart from Opobo, the nearest Kinsmen of the Bonny people are Ndoki's. The Igbo dialect spoken in Bonny as well as the Nwaotam festival came from Azogu in Ndoki. This is why most Ijaws nationalists are trying so hard to claim Ndoki as Ijawland inorder to wipe off every Igbo heritage trace.
Slave tradding in the east was the business of the Aro's who imported Igbo and non-Igbo hinterland slaves to coastly areas like Bonny, Kalabari, Nembe and Calabar to be sold to the whites. The Aros were the slave raiders and middlemen in the slavery chain.
Before the coming of the Aros there were already migration of Igbo people to the coastal areas of the Niger Delta. While they had notable Igbo merchants who settled in these areas such as the Amachree kingship family of Kalabari, the Eshie people of Calabar (The Eshie makes up a clan of the Efik people are multilingual speaking Igbo and Efik till this day), there also had early migrants to Bonny and Nembe before even the coming of the Portuguese. Also in places like Okrika, they had Igbo founding families who makes up the Okrika uplanders. For instance, King Ateke Tom from the Okochiri clan as well as Patience Jonathan have Igbo heritage.
In the case of Ubani (Bonny), they had Igbo founders as well as Ijaw founders. Igbo names like Okpara Ndoli and Asimini led their Ndoki people from Azuogu and sojourned with two other Ijaws such as Alagbarinye and Opuamakuba also with their own group to established what is known as Bonny today.
Re: Asari Dokubo Forms His Own Wing Of The BIAFRA Movement by pipeliner: 4:33am On Aug 25, 2019
Asari is being used by the establishment to undermine IPOB agitations.
Re: Asari Dokubo Forms His Own Wing Of The BIAFRA Movement by Nobody: 6:40am On Aug 25, 2019
Ikechunna:

Wikipedia
Jaja of Opobo
King Jaja of Opobo (full name: Jubo Jubogha; 1821–1891) was a merchant prince and the founder of Opobo city-state in an area that is now the Rivers state of Nigeria. Born in Umuduruoha, Amaigbo, in Igboland, he was taken at about the age of twelve as a slave in Bonny. Jumo Jumofe later took the name "Jaja" for his dealings with the British.
//////////////////////////////////////////
///////////////
Wikipedia source :
The founding group of the Bonny Island Kingdom from the Ebeni-toru area, precisely from Isedani Lineage of Kolokuma, in the present-day Kolokuma/Opokuma Local Government Area of Bayelsa State (in Ancestral Ijawland in the Central Niger Delta), was led by three direct blood descendants of Ebeni(in Ijaw territory).

**Ijaws are not igbos**
Re: Asari Dokubo Forms His Own Wing Of The BIAFRA Movement by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 25, 2019
Eastlink:
Only some Igbo families in Bonny were slaves. They had imported slaves like Jaja and Oko Jumbo but majority of Ubani Igbo families had direct links from the early five Bonny founders and kings. Apart from Opobo, the nearest Kinsmen of the Bonny people are Ndoki's. The Igbo dialect spoken in Bonny as well as the Nwaotam festival came from Azogu in Ndoki. This is why most Ijaws nationalists are trying so hard to claim Ndoki as Ijawland inorder to wipe off every Igbo heritage trace.
Slave tradding in the east was the business of the Aro's who imported Igbo and non-Igbo hinterland slaves to coastly areas like Bonny, Kalabari, Nembe and Calabar to be sold to the whites. The Aros were the slave raiders and middlemen in the slavery chain.
Before the coming of the Aros there were already migration of Igbo people to the coastal areas of the Niger Delta. While they had notable Igbo merchants who settled in these areas such as the Amachree kingship family of Kalabari, the Eshie people of Calabar (The Eshie makes up a clan of the Efik people are multilingual speaking Igbo and Efik till this day), there also had early migrants to Bonny and Nembe before even the coming of the Portuguese. Also in places like Okrika, they had Igbo founding families who makes up the Okrika uplanders. For instance, King Ateke Tom from the Okochiri clan as well as Patience Jonathan have Igbo heritage.
In the case of Ubani (Bonny), they had Igbo founders as well as Ijaw founders. Igbo names like Okpara Ndoli and Asimini led their Ndoki people from Azuogu and sojourned with two other Ijaws such as Alagbarinye and Opuamakuba also with their own group to established what is known as Bonny today.
Shut up ,you are talking nonsense with no proofs.
All Igbos in Bonny are strangers.
Jaja was a slave(stranger)
Bonny was founded by three Ijaw brothers from Ebeni.
Asimini was not an Igbo .He was a brother to opuamakuba and Alagbariye. The three brothers were from Ebeni in Ijaw land.
Wikipedia
///////////////////////////////////////////
Wikipedia source :
The Kalabari are a sub-group of the Ijaw people living in the eastern Niger Delta region of Nigeria.[1] Originally, they were known as the Awome.
The name Kalabari was derived from their ancestor Perebo Kalabari who was a son of Mein Owei.
The Kalabari people are Ijaw speaking settlers who came from the Bini fringes of Ijaw land from the lineage of a man called Mein Owei. The people were originally fishermen before the coming of the Portuguese to the West African coastline.
The Kalabari, like most Nigerian coastline tribes, were wealthy as a result of their interactions with the Europeans.
/////////////////////////////
Wikipedia source :
Okrika
Formerly a small fishing village of the Ijo (Ijaw) people in the mangrove swamps of the eastern Niger River delta, Okrika became the capital of the Okrika kingdom in the early 17th century and actively dealt in slaves. It served as a port for the exportation of palm oil after the abolition of the slave trade in the 1830s, but it was a less significant port facility than either Bonny (18 miles [46 km] south) or Opobo (32 miles [81 km] east-southeast).
All Igbos in Ijaw lands are strangers.
**Ijaws are not igbos**

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet The Man Who Triggered The Bullet That Killed Tafawa Balewa / Dele Momodu Reacts To President Buhari’s Victory At The Election Tribunal / Minister, Emeka Nwajiuba Purchases N100 Million APC Presidential Ticket (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.