Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,920 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

Nigeria: Govt Confirms Arrest Of Ekweremadu's Attackers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: Govt Confirms Arrest Of Ekweremadu's Attackers (32906 Views)

Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras / Photo Of Ekweremadu As He Arrives Nigeria From Germany After IPOB Attack / Memes: Reactions Of Nigerians About Beating Of Ekweremadu By IPOB In Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: Govt Confirms Arrest Of Ekweremadu's Attackers by Hades2016(m): 6:55pm On Aug 23, 2019
Emilokoiyawon:

So because he is a lawmaker means you can commit physical assault against him? Did you fall on your head as a kid?

If you don't like your lawmaker vote him out. Why did the Igbos re-elect Ekweremadu?
now you sound stupid and your level of illiteracy stinks, must you insult people before you make a point ?... You don’t come online insulting people I know you’re just a teenager who’s stupid and doesn’t know what the country is saying don’t come at me boy you meet your teenage mate dumb ass

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria: Govt Confirms Arrest Of Ekweremadu's Attackers by jrusky(m): 7:08pm On Aug 23, 2019
This singular act is a very shameful one indeed no justification for it whatsoever so any of the IPOOH get dock and dealt with its a welcome development.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: Govt Confirms Arrest Of Ekweremadu's Attackers by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:10pm On Aug 23, 2019
Ventura1:
Na lie! APC government is full of lies, believe them at your peril.
No mind them! At the end of the day, it wasn't confirmed just a mere hearsay

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: Govt Confirms Arrest Of Ekweremadu's Attackers by Charleys: 7:20pm On Aug 23, 2019
jrusky:
This singular act is a very shameful one indeed no justification for it whatsoever so any of the IPOOH get dock and dealt with its a welcome development.

Let me put it in a language that you can understand.

The IGP for Germany talk say wetin Dem do no be crime.

But Nigeria say Dem fit confirm say them don arrest them. Who will you believe.?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: Govt Confirms Arrest Of Ekweremadu's Attackers by KanuSE: 7:27pm On Aug 23, 2019
Chukwurah003:
Igbos causing trouble all over the world. Chai! I am thoroughly ashamed!

God punish Devil himself. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: Govt Confirms Arrest Of Ekweremadu's Attackers by jrusky(m): 7:28pm On Aug 23, 2019
Charleys:

Let me put it in a language that you can understand.

The IGP for Germany talk say wetin Dem do no be crime.

But Nigeria say Dem fit confirm say them don arrest them. Who will you believe.?

If you read my post wella you will see where I used the word *if* they get dock which mean I'm not either bother about what the German did but I'm disappointed by the action of the miscreants called IPOOH that is just my take.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: Govt Confirms Arrest Of Ekweremadu's Attackers by follock007(m): 7:32pm On Aug 23, 2019
me condemn the attack... they have the right to make the newspaper frontages, but what is wrong is wrong...

but then, if they can drain all my credit worth and turn me into a madman, destitute poppa and a trauma doll that unseen people beat every hour without legitimate consent and claim to be fighting corruption, what is stopping them from using the same juju technology on him? this is just a popularity test show for a true honorable that is acting in place of the real sufferer in the germany of south-west, nigeria, talk true

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: Govt Confirms Arrest Of Ekweremadu's Attackers by DevilhimseIf: 7:33pm On Aug 23, 2019
[s]
KanuSE:

God punish Devil himself. grin
[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: Govt Confirms Arrest Of Ekweremadu's Attackers by Rotimi47: 7:38pm On Aug 23, 2019
Pavore9:
Yimu but would not confirm the arrests of people who killed innocent Nigerians abroad! angry
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: Govt Confirms Arrest Of Ekweremadu's Attackers by Rotimi47: 7:38pm On Aug 23, 2019
Luvlyna:
grin

For more jokes text 'federal government' to 131 grin grin
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: Govt Confirms Arrest Of Ekweremadu's Attackers by Maski87: 7:45pm On Aug 23, 2019
FAAAAAAAAKE,NEWS

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: Govt Confirms Arrest Of Ekweremadu's Attackers by NnadyAutos: 7:46pm On Aug 23, 2019
Let the Federal Government mention the names of those arrested and their state of Origin in Nigeria.Not circulating fake news.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: Govt Confirms Arrest Of Ekweremadu's Attackers by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 23, 2019
Mynd44:
Lol

The German police said it isn't crime but when politics go in, the Nugerian government will lean on Germany and the German authorities will have no choice but to take action. Afterall, these peoole are not Germans. It is international politics and the accused people will be surprised at what high powered leverage can get you

Wetin this one dey talk? Lean on wetin? An inferior country leaning on Germany to do what? Lmfao. YOu must not know that Germany is a civilized country, and whether Ekweremadu or whatever is a visitor or a citizen, you can't harrass him on German soil. Dumb comment.
Re: Nigeria: Govt Confirms Arrest Of Ekweremadu's Attackers by wirinet(m): 8:42pm On Aug 23, 2019
Mynd44:
Lol

The German police said it isn't crime but when politics go in, the Nugerian government will lean on Germany and the German authorities will have no choice but to take action. Afterall, these peoole are not Germans. It is international politics and the accused people will be surprised at what high powered leverage can get you
When you physically assault a person, it's a crime anywhere in the world. You are free to protest, but once you lay your hands on another person, that's assault.

I don't think the German or any other country should tolerate Nigeria's political shenanigans in their country. If opponents of IPOB are allowed to be assaulted without consequences, then what happens when supporters of people who hate IPOB retaliate whenever Kanu visits Germany? We will just be disgracing ourselves further in foreign lands

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Govt Confirms Arrest Of Ekweremadu's Attackers by Mrhonesty: 9:01pm On Aug 23, 2019
Caseless:
Lovely

Those flato-cephalic dunderheads should be jailed and later deported. Bunch of unruly brigands!
It will not work. We need to do something. There are glaring needs for revolution or conference.
Re: Nigeria: Govt Confirms Arrest Of Ekweremadu's Attackers by chyeexcel: 9:49pm On Aug 23, 2019
Chukwurah003:
Igbos causing trouble all over the world. Chai! I am thoroughly ashamed!
mumu
Re: Nigeria: Govt Confirms Arrest Of Ekweremadu's Attackers by Chinatown1759: 10:40pm On Aug 23, 2019
Blue3k2:

Source: https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/08/23/fg-confirms-arrest-of-ekweremadus-attackers/

How come you arrest people without names and faces. Are you serious right now, or you just want to share stories.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Govt Confirms Arrest Of Ekweremadu's Attackers by Chinatown1759: 10:43pm On Aug 23, 2019
wirinet:

When you physically assault a person, it's a crime anywhere in the world. You are free to protest, but once you lay your hands on another person, that's assault.

I don't think the German or any other country should tolerate Nigeria's political shenanigans in their country. If opponents of IPOB are allowed to be assaulted without consequences, then what happens when supporters of people who hate IPOB retaliate whenever Kanu visits Germany? We will just be disgracing ourselves further in foreign lands

So who prosecutes Germans when they throw their non performing legislators into dustbins?
Re: Nigeria: Govt Confirms Arrest Of Ekweremadu's Attackers by SLAP44: 10:47pm On Aug 23, 2019
Those arrested no get names? grin

Lie lie FG
Re: Nigeria: Govt Confirms Arrest Of Ekweremadu's Attackers by themanderon: 11:23pm On Aug 23, 2019
Seems these crooks in government think all parts of the world are like this animal farm of a country...... naaa everyone cannot be brainless savages naa.
Re: Nigeria: Govt Confirms Arrest Of Ekweremadu's Attackers by Gangster1ms: 11:37pm On Aug 23, 2019
Mizwisdom:
grin grin. IPOBians are all in severe pain right now
No wonder you are still single..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Govt Confirms Arrest Of Ekweremadu's Attackers by wirinet(m): 11:56pm On Aug 23, 2019
Chinatown1759:

So who prosecutes Germans when they throw their non performing legislators into dustbins?
The police of course, that is if the legislator reports the assault and decide to press charges.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Govt Confirms Arrest Of Ekweremadu's Attackers by wirinet(m): 12:05am On Aug 24, 2019
Mrhonesty:
It will not work. We need to do something. There are glaring needs for revolution or conference.
Quit bandying words around without a precise and detailed meaning. What is a revolution in our present situation, is it a military or civilian coup?
Every government since Babangida has had a conference (except Yaradua ), how will this one differ from the numerous ones we have had in the past?
Re: Nigeria: Govt Confirms Arrest Of Ekweremadu's Attackers by Dedetwo(m): 3:10am On Aug 24, 2019
denkyw:
That singular act by IPOB was shameful, and as well barbaric. It has dented their course in the eyes of the international community

You have comprehensible deficiency. What IPOB did is called political speech in developed state. The so-called federal government is known as useless government and capable of precipitating a falsehood.
Re: Nigeria: Govt Confirms Arrest Of Ekweremadu's Attackers by Dedetwo(m): 3:16am On Aug 24, 2019
Blue3k2:

By Adedayo Akinwale

Abuja — The federal government has confirmed the arrest of the attackers of the former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu in Germany.

Ekweremadu was attacked last week by members of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB).

The attack occurred when the former deputy Senate president was attending the 2nd Annual Igbo Cultural Festival as a speaker and special guest of honour at an event organised by the Ndi-Igbo Community in Nuremberg, Germany.

The attack led to the advice by the federal government that dignitaries travelling out of the country should endeavour to bring to the notice of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Missions about their impending travel schedules to enable the ministry thoroughly scrutinise the security status of the organisations inviting them for the meeting, and to make adequate preparation.

This, the ministry said was also aimed at taking concrete steps to ensure that the host law enforcement agencies are on hand to guarantee their comprehensive security.

This advice is not to monitor their activities but to ensure their safety.

However, THISDAY gathered that the attackers of Ekweremadu have already been arrested.

When asked if it was true that the police have arrested Ekweremadu's attackers in Germany, the

Spokesperson of the ministry, Mr. Ferdinand Nwonye, who was out of the country didn't respond to THISDAY message sent to him on WhatsApp.

But another staff of the ministry confirmed the arrest of the attackers.

The ministry had assured Nigerians that the federal government would work with relevant authorities in Germany to ensure that the perpetrators of the dastardly act are brought to book, to serve as deterrence to others.

Source: https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/08/23/fg-confirms-arrest-of-ekweremadus-attackers/

An idiotic conjecture by a Yoruba. Cowards die many time before their death. IPOB made a political speech and it covered by the freedom of speech. Besides, Ike Ekeweremadu is a mere Senator who fights for his stomach in the moronic creation of UK. IPOB is fighting for the freedom of an ethnic nationality.
Re: Nigeria: Govt Confirms Arrest Of Ekweremadu's Attackers by Dedetwo(m): 3:24am On Aug 24, 2019
Hardebayo:
Laughing stock! Who is the complainant? FG or Ekweremadu?

Bros, why would the so-called federal government of shithole (Nigeria) cry louder than the bereaved? The quest for nation state from Nigeria cannot be stopped by the foolish shenanigans staged by Nigerian government. Germany knew the plights of IPOB and it is very honorable that such pursuit of self governance is staged in country that wishes freedom for everyone. IPOB seeks freedom for Biafrans and no idiotic blackmail can stop it. For Ike Ekweremadu, it could have been worse than mere roughing up.
Re: Nigeria: Govt Confirms Arrest Of Ekweremadu's Attackers by XANDERBOY85: 3:31am On Aug 24, 2019
airbrush:

let me be serious for one ! so we have government in this country as people are killed in their home on daily basis and nothing is being done about it

They act at near speed of light when it's their privileges, comfort and junketing abroad that's being threatened!
Re: Nigeria: Govt Confirms Arrest Of Ekweremadu's Attackers by Dedetwo(m): 3:33am On Aug 24, 2019
Jones4190:
buhari will be in Japan on Monday, let them try too, maybe that will be the Ned of online country called biafra

He will never dare a visit to an Igbo Yam Festival in any Japanese city. If he is man enough let him visit any public gatherings of Ndigbo.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Govt Confirms Arrest Of Ekweremadu's Attackers by Dedetwo(m): 3:36am On Aug 24, 2019
Koolking:

Bro, assault is a crime in all countries of the world.

It is not assault but political protest. Anybody can be pelted with eggs or even miss-directed paunches.
Re: Nigeria: Govt Confirms Arrest Of Ekweremadu's Attackers by Dedetwo(m): 3:44am On Aug 24, 2019
jrusky:

If you read my post wella you will see where I used the word *if* they get dock which mean I'm not either bother about what the German did but I'm disappointed by the action of the miscreants called IPOOH that is just my take.

I guess those who fought for Nigeria's independence were miscreants. No wonder Nigeria grew up to become a basket of miscreants. Any section in Nigeria has inalienable rights to sue for independent nation.
Re: Nigeria: Govt Confirms Arrest Of Ekweremadu's Attackers by Cherez: 5:13am On Aug 24, 2019
Mynd44:
Lol

Mynd44, forget politics oyibo no dey behave like una. The law is sacrosanct.
Once it is lawful, nothing is happening.
So you of all people will prefer the common man suffer daily with bad roads, poor electricity, poor education, several months of unpaid salaries, insecurities, daily increase in forex while they live in largesse and store away millions of dollars for their unborn generations?
The common man is humiliated at foreign embassies and even in our country and even killed and the govt have never had like responses as swift as this.
Mention one politician past or present without any form of indictment?
I just wish Nigerians should start lynching these evil men posing as our elites

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Preaching At Redeemed Christian Church, Maryland, Usa.(video) / Aisha Buhari: President Buhari Surrounded By ‘Strangers' - Guardian / Patience Jonathan At Mike Ozekhome In Abuja 61st Birthday Celebration (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.