Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras (56543 Views)

DSS Arrests Masterminds Of Imo INEC Attacks / Identities, Names Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre Released By CDS Irabor / Police Arrest 2 Pastors As Masterminds Of ESN’s Killings, Violence In South-East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by powerfulguy: 7:57pm On Aug 09, 2022
OWO TERROR ATTACK: GOV AKEREDOLU CONFIRMS ARREST OF ATTACKERS

•Warns Ebiras In Ondo Against Venturing Into Kidnapping

Ondo State Governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu,SAN, has confirmed the arrest of the attackers of St Francis Catholic Church, Owo.

The Governor confirmed the arrest shortly after the Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), General Lucky Irabor made the announcement in Abuja.

Governor Akeredolu further disclosed that the owner of the house where the attackers stayed before the June 5 attack in Owo has also been arrested.

He noted that government did not spare a moment in trailing the terrorists since the horrendous attacks on innocent worshipers at the St Francis Catholic Church, Owaluwa, Owo.

Arakunrin Akeredolu spoke during a courtesy visit to his office by the leadership of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) led by the Chairman of the Council, Prince Leke Adegbite.

He said:”Now that the military has announced it, I can tell you that five of them have been arrested now. They are still on the trail of the rest. The home where they lodged in Owo and the person that accommodated them before the attack, has also been arrested.

“We did not spare a moment. I am happy that the Chief of Defence Staff has announced it. We have known for a while but we needed not to come out with it because more works are still ongoing. I can confirm that this arrest has been made. And they are still on the trail of some of them.”

Governor Akeredolu has also called on leaders of the Ebira community in the state to warn their young ones not to copy the bad venture of kidnapping.

The Governor said recent reports from victims of kidnap in the state have established that some Ebira indigenes are now involved in the unwholesome act.

He noted that the Ebiras have lived together with the people of the state peacefully for several decades, adding that they have always been supportive and hardworking.

“I want to use this medium to urge our brothers to concentrate on their farming trade. It will be unfortunate to know that the Ebiras in our midst are now involved in kidnapping.

“We are appealing to them not to copy bad thing. The traders selling by the road side should not become informants. We are not fighting them.

“We have seen their numbers, they supported and voted for us during elections. I will call their leaders and talk to them. Our brothers who were kidnapped on their way to Ikare, talk to them. They were taken to Ebira farmsteads.

“For me, we have lived together for too long for this to happen. I am ready to make any effort to ensure that the conviviality that we have enjoyed continues. But we are begging their leaders to urge them not to copy bad thing. They are in our midst , we are surrounded by them. The issue of security is key and it’s dynamic.” Governor Akeredolu noted.

The Governor, who thanked the NUJ in the state for the cooperation extended to his administration, assured them of sustained efforts at developing the state.

On the issue of Security, Governor Akeredolu disclosed that aside the recent recruitment and training of new Amotekun personnel, 20 hunters and local vigilantes will be trained by the Amotekun corps in each of the eighteen local government areas in the state.

Earlier, the Chairman of the NUJ, Ondo State Council thanked the Governor for his support for the management of OSRC and Owena Press PLC, adding that the upgrade of facilities in the two state-owned media outfits is commendable.

He equally appreciated the Governor for the approval of the Weigh-in allowance for journalists and information officers working in the State and Local government service.

Richard Olatunde
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor of Ondo State.
August 9, 2022.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0YLMriAk93nvVyk8fa8xh39SZdD4LQoGr25cKYUQRuzCTSLRfLoY6jbWXgSCS1jS7l&id=100044230756186

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by Fkmodhi: 8:07pm On Aug 09, 2022
Audio arrest

35 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by KashApp: 8:15pm On Aug 09, 2022
I think last month or June, I read it that some Boko Haram members were arrested in the North too and some of them were Kogi indigene. May God continue to protect us. No one is safe again in this country

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by richiemcgold: 8:20pm On Aug 09, 2022
I remember I said it here that those attackers probably came in through kogi or Edo. I also pointed out that ondo state may continue to experience similar attacks if both kogi and edo state govs don't have similar passion to fight bandits and terrorists like akeredolu.

139 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by FreeStuffsNG: 8:26pm On Aug 09, 2022
This is one of the numerous atrocities those who hate President Buhari always tag with his Fulani tribe out of bigotry and deliberate mudslinging to create hatred between the Fulani and their hosts. I hope Igboho too will hear this news that it is the cousins of the Yoruba that are sabotaging the lives of their Yoruba extended relatives and not the Fulani he kept attacking till he landed in trouble with FG and then Benin Republic govt.

The govt should do thorough investigation to ensure that no innocent person is lumped with the alleged killers.This is a very serious case!

But for the diligence of the army ,DSS and the State Government, it would have been another attempt to drag in the Fulanis.

The Governor admitted that kidnapped victims have been hidden in Ebira farmsteads but kept it under wrap while people keep watching out for the herdsmen.

The Governor should not stop at the appeal, he should do an audit of the farms and put surveillance in place there and any Ebira caught should be paraded before the Ebira community as well since the Ebira do not promote crime as a culture.

Ondo State govt. should also embark on mass enlightenment to encourage the Ebira to come forward with intelligence.
It is no brainer that the killers had a collaborator living among the Owo people.
We really need to find out the main reason they killed those innocent people in the church. It was completely unwarranted and unfortunate.
May the souls of those killed rest in peace.
The success of this investigation with the evidence that we could have averted that sad incident is a testament to how we can unite to prevent enemies of Nigeria gain a foothold anywhere they gather.
God bless Nigeria for ever.
check my signature for freebies!

159 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by Parachoko: 8:33pm On Aug 09, 2022
I'm not even understanding this

If some of the ebiras are kidnapping people, why did they kill when they attack the church at owo instead of just kidnapping them?

153 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by Tochi3(m): 8:36pm On Aug 09, 2022
Story story

Election don come, kind of begging and wanting to assuage the feelings of Christians for their votes.. kole work.

Oya go and catch the other terrorists terrorising Nigerians.

Why "catch" these ones and leave the others who have been terrorising Nigerians long before now and till today free.

Nigeria Army is now effective now that Election is approaching after giving us Muslim Muslim Tickets .

Una know say Christian s dey vex because of Muslim Muslim Tickets come go owo go kill Christian dat time.. now you have "apprehended" the killers to assuage the Christians.

Fake apprehension, like Fake Bishop

Una think say una wise abi... Una don use the abacadabra names from God only knows where to divide Nigerians not to think critically

Tinubu i dey see Ur shaky shaky hands for this matter

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by Hushbingo: 9:07pm On Aug 09, 2022
Mmmm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 09, 2022
Kudos! Affliction shall not rise up a second time

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by fasho01(m): 9:07pm On Aug 09, 2022
Aketi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by bonechamberlain(m): 9:07pm On Aug 09, 2022
angry When there is a sign that Fulanis aren't involved in a successful terrorist and criminal act, the Nigerian security apparatus becomes very active and effective in arresting, exposing the names of the terrorists and even parading them on TV.

This same vigour and energy should be used to investigate uncountable number of killings carried out by Fulani militias all over Nigeria arrest them, print their names, parade them and sentenced them to jail or better still kill them immediately.

Its a good news these guys were arrested, I hope they get the death penalty instantly.

It would be a better news if their sponsors are also arrested and their motive for the killings stated, hopefully this would be unveiled as more investigations are carried out.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by NwaNimo1(m): 9:07pm On Aug 09, 2022
Fulani no put hand for this one.....

[img]https://giffiles./216/216404.gif[/img]

12 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by SIMONEKPA7: 9:08pm On Aug 09, 2022
Ebira, fear those ediots

15 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by Sancheez4(m): 9:08pm On Aug 09, 2022
abegi.. if nah western countries I'm sure they would have found the masterminds behind the attack within few days

3 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by inoki247: 9:08pm On Aug 09, 2022
Brutality no get religion or tribe some people don made up dere mind to jus become monster....

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by SIMONEKPA7: 9:08pm On Aug 09, 2022
Ebira.... Following those Sahel goats to be radicalized....I wonder why you hardly hear Christians committing terrorists attack... Why always the other religion..... Once you start practicing it your sense is taken from you...
Why on earth will I go and kill innocent people

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by Sabadon(m): 9:09pm On Aug 09, 2022
Under one Nigeria sad
Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by obistructures: 9:09pm On Aug 09, 2022
God terrorism infiltrating south west

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by somez(m): 9:09pm On Aug 09, 2022
Commendable

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by Aderewah: 9:09pm On Aug 09, 2022
Hm. Some people might have tried to make yorubas joined them in a 2nd civil war. They might be the ones pretending to be ebira. Especially because there is rumour that the attack is also drug related. I no mention names but anyone seeing this will know them.

133 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by BrickDevo: 9:10pm On Aug 09, 2022
Damage control, where dem see dem arrest
Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by ecolime(m): 9:11pm On Aug 09, 2022
Ebiras?

This is really sad.

My interest is to know the exact motive for the killings since nobody was kidnapped.

11 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Masterminds Of Owo Church Massacre, Warns Ebiras by Judolisco(m): 9:11pm On Aug 09, 2022
Ibiras o can u imagine... D last time I was in my home town too, d ibiras have taken over, I can't blame them, nobody wants to farm again, and see free land all over, but which one come be dis one wey dem Wan join with farming again?

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rats Damage President Buhari's Office - Garba Shehu / AIG Adamu Lafia Has Emerged As The New Acting IGP - Dele Momodu / 4-Million-Man March In Lagos: Obidients Are Ready (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.