Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,699 members, 7,823,969 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Finally, Obi 'invictus' Okeke Appoints Nigerian Lawyer, John Iweanoje As Legal R - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Finally, Obi 'invictus' Okeke Appoints Nigerian Lawyer, John Iweanoje As Legal R (33441 Views)

“Invictus Obi Is A Snitch” - Nigerians React As FBI Names 80 Nigerians In Fraud / Invictus Obi: Nairaland Post That Led FBI To Arrest Obinwanne Okeke / Obinwanne Okeke Aka Invictus Obi Busted By FBI (Full Details) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finally, Obi 'invictus' Okeke Appoints Nigerian Lawyer, John Iweanoje As Legal R by LewinskyMon: 8:33am On Aug 24, 2019
InvertedHammer:

/
It doesn't work like that. It is called a "Plea deal" for a reason. A deal has to be made with the District Attorney's office first. He will be prosecuted on a lesser charge, then he can plead guilty to that for a less penalty. Pleading guilty doesn't mean he committed the crime. It is part of the chess game they play with people's lives in the judiciary system in US to save time and money involved in trials. It is worst for poor folks who don't have enough reserves to hire good and competent attorneys.

Eg: Charges X with a crime that carries mandatory 15 years minimum.
X makes a deal with DA to give names of accomplices for a reduced charges that will get him out in 2 years.
This is where "snitching" comes into play. No lengthy and costly jury trial.
With all parties in agreement, X plays his part, serves only 2 years and is out.

With no deal, if he pleads guilty, they will nail him to the cross.

/
Gbam grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally, Obi 'invictus' Okeke Appoints Nigerian Lawyer, John Iweanoje As Legal R by jibrilELsudan: 8:40am On Aug 24, 2019
henryobinna:
grin grin grin

una dey very funny eehn... You're not the one who arrested him to be 100% he's guilty. While I believe he's guilty but for someone who's privy to very little information regarding the case boasting he's not coming out of this shows how the Nigerian system has affected your perception of things even justice. If you read the OP well, you'd see the prosecutor is to prove he's guilty (meaning he's as at stands innocent until) but your statement suggests he's already guilty... that's dumb.

25 years? how many years was joradan belford sentenced? and how much did you think he defrauded swindled off of people?

even in Nigeria nobody can be given life sentence for that

No sweat. His case will educate you to know that the American justice system is fvcked up and allergic to a BLACK man especially a foreigner.

Go research on google and see the sentences they give hackers and cyber fraud suspects involving multi billion dollars losses on victims.

You think the FBI will allow the justice system just give him a pat on the back. As far as the FBI is concerned, if they had their way they will just kill him there in their custody.

You people think the FBI is like EFCC. Americans don't even fvck around with the FBI. The FBI is far more worse than what you all see in the movies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally, Obi 'invictus' Okeke Appoints Nigerian Lawyer, John Iweanoje As Legal R by jibrilELsudan: 8:44am On Aug 24, 2019
Slymonster:

25 what? It's not possible, if he plead guilty. Highest he will get is 48month or if it's too much 60month.Depends on the what the lawyer and him comes out with.

Ok. Just relax and drink zobo then watch and see.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally, Obi 'invictus' Okeke Appoints Nigerian Lawyer, John Iweanoje As Legal R by Harddiskng(m): 8:45am On Aug 24, 2019
Benz4pimp:
You are wrong,most wrong judgements in the US is never about fraud..most are murder and rape.

No where in the person’s post i quoted nor mine was “fraud” mentioned. It was about crime generally.

But I won’t allow you to be ignorant in this internet age, so again you are the one still wrong. Murder and rape get most people’s attention and the sentence attached to them are weightier. It is a case of there are greater evils (people on death-row without committing any crime) to fight and we don’t have enough resources lets ignore the lesser evils (people in for prison burglary, car theft, tax fraud that are actually innocent).

The numbers are seem negligible but trust me there is an innocent human somewhere in prison in America because of fraud or other lesser crimes that the person never committed. No perfect system anywhere, not even in America. With a bad ass lawyer even the real penetrator can get off the hook, so why do you think another person can’t be wrongful Imprisoned for fraud or other felonies.

The sentences attached to these felonies are lighter, so nobody makes much noise about them. Focusing more on murder and rape, which is easier to exonerate people from with the help of DNA unlike fraud.

....Some 95 percent of felony convictions are the result of plea bargains, with no formal evidence ever presented, and most never bother with an appeal.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/phenomena/2014/04/28/how-many-people-are-wrongly-convicted-researchers-do-the-math/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally, Obi 'invictus' Okeke Appoints Nigerian Lawyer, John Iweanoje As Legal R by henryobinna(m): 8:47am On Aug 24, 2019
jibrilELsudan:

No sweat. His case will educate you to know that the American justice system is fvcked up and allergic to a BLACK man especially a foreigner.

Go research on google and see the sentences they give hackers and cyber fraud suspects involving multi billion dollars losses on victims.

You think the FBI will allow the justice system just give him a pat on the back. As far as the FBI is concerned, if they had their way they will just kill him there in their custody.

You people think the FBI is like EFCC. Americans don't even fvck around with the FBI. The FBI is far more worse than what you all see in the movies.
well there are lots of assumptions here but I wouldn't want to touch that.

Now I'm glad you mentioned billions of dollars... This invictus guy his case is claimed to be around $11 million or so... thinking he'll get 25 years is almost impossible bro... irrespective of who's handling the case whether FBI or EFCC... shey na judge go decide abi na your supposed deadly FBI...

by the way the EFCC is still worst than they are.. You don't know how many people they've killed and stolen their properties.

by the way who's talking about movies? Do I look like someone who's judgement is shaped by movies?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally, Obi 'invictus' Okeke Appoints Nigerian Lawyer, John Iweanoje As Legal R by Freshbaba95(m): 8:54am On Aug 24, 2019
xandy84:
FBI have over 90 per cent conviction rate. The dude will do real time...

OK. Was hoping to see 100%

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally, Obi 'invictus' Okeke Appoints Nigerian Lawyer, John Iweanoje As Legal R by jibrilELsudan: 8:56am On Aug 24, 2019
MrSix:

What's the picture for?

To make you all forget about Buhari for a moment and droll over her pretty face.

She's so pretty right? I know! She's to die for! She got the prettiest of smiles and the loveliest of eyes.

Infact, am in the process of selling my 2 kidneys right now, so I can use the money to go ask for her hand in marriage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally, Obi 'invictus' Okeke Appoints Nigerian Lawyer, John Iweanoje As Legal R by MrSix: 8:57am On Aug 24, 2019
jibrilELsudan:

To make you all forget about Buhari for a moment and droll over her pretty face.

She's so pretty right? I know! She's to die for! She got the prettiest of smiles and the loveliest of eyes.

Infact, am in the process of selling my 2 kidneys right now, so I can use the money to go ask for her hand in marriage.

No longer interested in beauty

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally, Obi 'invictus' Okeke Appoints Nigerian Lawyer, John Iweanoje As Legal R by henryobinna(m): 9:02am On Aug 24, 2019
ccollins:
what kind of rubbish post is this
you dey mind am?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally, Obi 'invictus' Okeke Appoints Nigerian Lawyer, John Iweanoje As Legal R by jibrilELsudan: 9:09am On Aug 24, 2019
tintingz:
Can you tell us the purpose of posting that lady pic?

For you all to take a moment, forget about Buhari, breathe and droll and appreciate God's masterpiece.

She's so pretty I know! Her loveliest of eyes and her prettiest of smiles are to die for.

Am so in love with her. Infact, right now am auctioning off my 2 kidneys in the black market so I can use the money to go ask her family for her hand in marriage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally, Obi 'invictus' Okeke Appoints Nigerian Lawyer, John Iweanoje As Legal R by SamgoldBaba: 9:12am On Aug 24, 2019
oluwadabira111:
He should just tell them that he is guilty in the next court proceeding so that is jail time will not be much
You well so?�‍♂ No! Good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally, Obi 'invictus' Okeke Appoints Nigerian Lawyer, John Iweanoje As Legal R by zolapower: 9:18am On Aug 24, 2019
jibrilELsudan:
If he likes let him resurrect the late Johnny Cochran to defend him, he is never coming out of this.

If he likes let him snitch on all his friends and partners plus his girlfriends kukunase, he will still get a minimum sentence of 25 years to life.
And pay restitution, that one na sure banke

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally, Obi 'invictus' Okeke Appoints Nigerian Lawyer, John Iweanoje As Legal R by Eze2000(m): 9:23am On Aug 24, 2019
Benz4pimp:
not true...most learned people know US and Russia leads when it comes to corruption,fraud and theft but they hammer heavily on anyone caught

My huge family is split in 3. one is based in the US, another UK, and the third Nigeria. I know what I say when I tell you Blacks get it worse in America.

if u doubt me remove the dot in this monicker as you quote me Khi.aa
She is an American babe corrently in Los Angeles. Tell her your opinion u will see her angry reaction at your ideology

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally, Obi 'invictus' Okeke Appoints Nigerian Lawyer, John Iweanoje As Legal R by Chukwurah003: 9:26am On Aug 24, 2019
henrynwafor:
what if he is not guilty?

You people and delusions. Smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally, Obi 'invictus' Okeke Appoints Nigerian Lawyer, John Iweanoje As Legal R by Agugbadin: 9:37am On Aug 24, 2019
Abuja based criminal

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally, Obi 'invictus' Okeke Appoints Nigerian Lawyer, John Iweanoje As Legal R by jibrilELsudan: 9:38am On Aug 24, 2019
henryobinna:
well there are lots of assumptions here but I wouldn't want to touch that.

Now I'm glad you mentioned billions of dollars... This invictus guy his case is claimed to be around $11 million or so... thinking he'll get 25 years is almost impossible bro... irrespective of who's handling the case whether FBI or EFCC... shey na judge go decide abi na your supposed deadly FBI...

by the way the EFCC is still worst than they are.. You don't know how many people they've killed and stolen their properties.

by the way who's talking about movies? Do I look like someone who's judgement is shaped by movies?

Lol bro, clearly you lack the knowledge of who the FBI are and how they operate.

EFCC with all their illegality and evil tendencies are still an egg waiting to be fertilized by sperm when compared with the FBI in all its doings.

The FBI alleges his cyber crime involves multi billion dollars losses on victims but right now they can only prove multi million dollars.

The FBI are in no hurry to prosecute him till they milk him of every info and co conspirators he delt with and the laws in America provides the FBI the powers to detain him INDEFINITELY. Even if it will take them 10 years to investigate the case.

INVICTUS OBI IS NEVER GETTING BAIL NEITHER IS HE COMING OUT OF THIS. THE FBI AND THE AMERICAN JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE PREPARED TO MAKE AN EXAMPLE OF HIM.

IT'S OBVIOUS YOU OBLIVIOUS OF THE MEDIA COVERAGE HIS CASE HAS IN AMERICA AND INTERNATIONALLY AND THE EXTREME DAMAGE THIS HAS CAUSED US GOOD NIGERIANS LIVING ABROAD.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally, Obi 'invictus' Okeke Appoints Nigerian Lawyer, John Iweanoje As Legal R by jibrilELsudan: 9:40am On Aug 24, 2019
MrSix:

No longer interested in beauty

Did beauty break your heart?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally, Obi 'invictus' Okeke Appoints Nigerian Lawyer, John Iweanoje As Legal R by tintingz(m): 9:44am On Aug 24, 2019
jibrilELsudan:

For you all to take a moment, forget about Buhari, breathe and droll and appreciate God's masterpiece.

She's so pretty I know! Her loveliest of eyes and her prettiest of smiles are to die for.

Am so in love with her. Infact, right now am auctioning off my 2 kidneys in the black market so I can use the money to go ask her family for her hand in marriage.
Nonsense!

You have issues.

Or you're looking for someone to scam.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally, Obi 'invictus' Okeke Appoints Nigerian Lawyer, John Iweanoje As Legal R by olayinka63: 9:48am On Aug 24, 2019
Frankyboy1:
Meanwhile sowore is still in detention! Nothing beats a nation that understands the value of human life and human right
Don't you read this line below or what are you insinuating?
The accused, who would stand trial in Norfolk Virginia, is expected to remain in custody until a trial date is fixed.

“Since he was arrested on a criminal complaint, it means he could be held in custody pending trial

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally, Obi 'invictus' Okeke Appoints Nigerian Lawyer, John Iweanoje As Legal R by jibrilELsudan: 9:59am On Aug 24, 2019
zolapower:

And pay restitution, that one na sure banke

Lol by the time the FBI are done with him, for him to see money to buy ordinary pant will be war.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally, Obi 'invictus' Okeke Appoints Nigerian Lawyer, John Iweanoje As Legal R by Eze2000(m): 9:59am On Aug 24, 2019
oloriLFC:
Not in this case o. This is fraud related na. Which one is he being innocent again. The guy sef knows his game is up. Maybe that was why he snitched on his 80 brothers whose names were released in relation to fraud.

There are so many fraudulent cases where innocent people have been made to look guilty and the guilty go to jail. Check gogle. Use USA vpn for better result.

The thing is, Americam FBI is tech wise but do they make mistakes? Yes, sir!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally, Obi 'invictus' Okeke Appoints Nigerian Lawyer, John Iweanoje As Legal R by Eze2000(m): 10:04am On Aug 24, 2019
jibrilELsudan:

Lol by the time the FBI are done with him, for him to see money to buy ordinary pant will be war.

If he has a fat numbered bank account in Swizerland, Sychilles islands or Caymaan island he will have the last laugh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally, Obi 'invictus' Okeke Appoints Nigerian Lawyer, John Iweanoje As Legal R by jibrilELsudan: 10:10am On Aug 24, 2019
tintingz:
Nonsense!

You have issues.

Or you're looking for someone to scam.

I know you are in deep pains that you can't have her.

Pls take heart and don't cry too much.

Very soon I will be going to her family home with my family to ask for her hand in marriage.

Wish me luck they accept me .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally, Obi 'invictus' Okeke Appoints Nigerian Lawyer, John Iweanoje As Legal R by klashe(m): 10:23am On Aug 24, 2019
200 years imprisonment is sure for this guy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally, Obi 'invictus' Okeke Appoints Nigerian Lawyer, John Iweanoje As Legal R by MrSix: 10:30am On Aug 24, 2019
jibrilELsudan:

Did beauty break your heart?
Not the case...not just interested.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally, Obi 'invictus' Okeke Appoints Nigerian Lawyer, John Iweanoje As Legal R by jibrilELsudan: 10:34am On Aug 24, 2019
Eze2000:

If he has a fat numbered bank account in Swizerland, Sychilles islands or Caymaan island he will have the last laugh

Lol with the way invictusObi has already sang like Obi Igwe in just 2 weeks of fellowship with the FBI, the FBI already has access to those accounts, the username and password of all his emails plus the ones he was planning on creating, all his phone numbers , all his social media accounts plus aliases , plus all the phone numbers, email addresses, physical addresses, social media accounts of all his family, friends and acquaintances plus all the kukunase he fvcked plus the ones he was planning to fvck plus everybody he gave money to on facebook, instagram, twitter. Even his dogs will be investigated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally, Obi 'invictus' Okeke Appoints Nigerian Lawyer, John Iweanoje As Legal R by texazzpete(m): 10:38am On Aug 24, 2019
I urge the US legal system to give him at least 15 years jail term with no parole option, In a maximum security prison.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally, Obi 'invictus' Okeke Appoints Nigerian Lawyer, John Iweanoje As Legal R by jibrilELsudan: 10:47am On Aug 24, 2019
MrSix:

Not the case...not just interested.

Nah man.

Verily verily I say unto you, what shall it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose the beautiful kingdom of kukunase?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally, Obi 'invictus' Okeke Appoints Nigerian Lawyer, John Iweanoje As Legal R by MrSix: 10:48am On Aug 24, 2019
jibrilELsudan:

Nah man.

Verily verily I say unto you, what shall it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose the beautiful kingdom of kukunase?
Just passing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally, Obi 'invictus' Okeke Appoints Nigerian Lawyer, John Iweanoje As Legal R by jibrilELsudan: 10:54am On Aug 24, 2019
MrSix:

Just passing

That's good. Make sure you shoot your hot cum in her mouth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally, Obi 'invictus' Okeke Appoints Nigerian Lawyer, John Iweanoje As Legal R by cookingsoul(m): 11:20am On Aug 24, 2019
Afamed:
Abuja based businessman kill you there. Ndi Ara
ndi nzuzu no b only buisness man he still dey claim title

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Caught Wearing Cloth Stolen From A Boutique In Umuahia Beaten & Tied (Video) / Valentine Oluchukwu: Priest Kidnapped While Travelling For His Father's Burial / Nigerian Drug Kingpin Who Uses African Students To Sell Drugs In India, Nabbed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.