Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,699 members, 7,809,644 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

Stop These 8 Habits, They Damage Your Kidneys! - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Stop These 8 Habits, They Damage Your Kidneys! (85958 Views)

Stop These 8 Habits, They Damage Your Kidneys! / Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver / How Cell Phones Damage Your Sperm Cells And Causes Infertility In Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop These 8 Habits, They Damage Your Kidneys! by iamgprince: 12:03pm On Aug 24, 2019
hmmm nawaoo I'm guilty of all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop These 8 Habits, They Damage Your Kidneys! by gotnel: 12:03pm On Aug 24, 2019
God help us. Many people are so much indicted about these lists of habits.
We will continue to try to keep things under control.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop These 8 Habits, They Damage Your Kidneys! by bonnyhope: 12:09pm On Aug 24, 2019
If i am guilty, then it would be on the egg consumption, like i eat one egg per day except Saturday, Sunday because i don't like red meat. I use fish to prepare stew on weekends
Re: Stop These 8 Habits, They Damage Your Kidneys! by Junkie1: 12:11pm On Aug 24, 2019
QUIT PAINKILLERS? BET WHY?
Re: Stop These 8 Habits, They Damage Your Kidneys! by Taciturn1: 12:18pm On Aug 24, 2019
lower your level of sleep deprivation and Alcohol
Re: Stop These 8 Habits, They Damage Your Kidneys! by Nodogragra4me(m): 12:21pm On Aug 24, 2019
My brother truth dey for wetin you talk

Exercise to keep fit and some died during the exercise ... abeg all power belongs to God including the power to get good health ... deut 8:18

Nairalandaire:
Don't do this. Don't do that. Yet u no go see any doctor wey live beyond 80 years.

Abeg enjoy your life anyhow you like.

In short, make I go shayo first.

1 Like

Re: Stop These 8 Habits, They Damage Your Kidneys! by paix(m): 12:30pm On Aug 24, 2019
Kylekent59:

11:58 pm you are still on nairaland. You are also guilty of number 8.
Are you on night duty?
Re: Stop These 8 Habits, They Damage Your Kidneys! by mmadu4: 12:32pm On Aug 24, 2019
i just drank water after reading this
Re: Stop These 8 Habits, They Damage Your Kidneys! by Kenoxman(m): 12:32pm On Aug 24, 2019
DonBenny77:
Smoking didn't make the list, I told ya'll
LUNGS cheesy
Think abt dat
Re: Stop These 8 Habits, They Damage Your Kidneys! by paix(m): 12:33pm On Aug 24, 2019
boolet:
How man go do for number 6 na? The flesh is weak gan an ni... grin
How you dey manage before you start to dey drink?
Re: Stop These 8 Habits, They Damage Your Kidneys! by incentive: 12:34pm On Aug 24, 2019
Hmm... Great insight!!
God reward you.
Re: Stop These 8 Habits, They Damage Your Kidneys! by paix(m): 12:35pm On Aug 24, 2019
Junkie1:
QUIT PAINKILLERS? BET WHY?
You wan put head?
Re: Stop These 8 Habits, They Damage Your Kidneys! by kaleras99: 12:38pm On Aug 24, 2019
[quote author=IamSoProlific post=81558505]

OP, what of those that practice kegel(act of holding pee for like 10sec once you start peeing) just for sexual boost against premature ejaculation.

I've heard so many health practitioners educate people to practice it, how healthy is the act pointing from the 3rd factor you listed....[/quote
What holding pee means....when ur bladder is full and u have to empty it by urinating, but some reasons (may be nowhere to pee at dat time, laziness to get up at night etc) u delay it (peeing) for a long time.
Re: Stop These 8 Habits, They Damage Your Kidneys! by Duggedised12(f): 12:39pm On Aug 24, 2019
WalkerMichael:
what about smoking?
smoking affects more of the lungs i think
Re: Stop These 8 Habits, They Damage Your Kidneys! by saintchibu(m): 12:40pm On Aug 24, 2019
MGab25:
Written By The WebPamphlet

The kidneys are two bean-shaped organs, each about the size of a fist, located just below the rib cage on each side of the spine. Every single day, the kidneys filter about 120-150 quarts of urine, waste and excess fluid to prevent the buildup of waste in the body.
[img]https://1.bp..com/-ejlcJSTLBSk/XWD-Latuh3I/AAAAAAAABOw/-srYP14s4fAoMqZPEK1BHPSqQhXmfc5hgCLcBGAs/s1600/Kidney%2BIllustration.png[/img]

The kidneys keep electrolyte levels stable and produce hormones that help regulate blood pressure, make red blood cells and keep bones strong.

If the kidneys sound pretty important, that’s because they are. Healthy kidneys are vital to keeping everything in the body running smoothly. Damage to the kidneys can often go unnoticed, so it’s important to take preventative measures to ensure kidney health.

Here’s a list of eight (cool common habits that you might not realize are putting a lot of pressure on your kidneys and may lead to serious kidney damage over time.

ENJOY and SHARE!

1. Not drinking enough water
[img]https://1.bp..com/-Hf_MuufvLho/XWD-qvleUOI/AAAAAAAABO4/T8MVxsN5WTM0bVlGX-y3p8cfhpEtrxpMQCLcBGAs/s1600/Drinking%2Bwater.png[/img]

One of the important functions of the kidneys is to filter blood and get rid of toxins and waste materials that can harm the body. When you don’t drink enough water, those toxins and waste materials start to accumulate, eventually causing severe damage.

2. Consuming too much salt
[img]https://4.bp..com/-3X2sB1sRxvo/WKq8895P26I/AAAAAAAABIk/GaMIlMfbLgkjDtGV9PV_MQ1ExwKcIjiQACLcB/s400/Screenshot_35.png[/img]

The body does need sodium to work properly, but an excess of sodium can cause damage. Most people consume too much, which can raise blood pressure and put stress on the kidneys.

3. Holding urine
[img]https://3.bp..com/-9FuWCHxkJ3w/WKq9uWT0WnI/AAAAAAAABI0/zSjSm4dRiyczCDTghBTIFeesWKaTZ0_QwCLcB/s400/Screenshot_36.png[/img]

This might sound odd, but almost everyone does it. The urge often comes during a car ride, in the middle of a phone call, or when there isn’t a bathroom nearby. Holding in urine on a regular basis increases pressure, which can lead to kidney failure and kidney stones. When nature calls, it’s best to listen.

4. Taking too much coffee
[img]https://3.bp..com/-_cmrWCEIAZc/WKrAtZcjoPI/AAAAAAAABJI/QNTn9meNZrcfFN0gXhlV8GeYPspjqaIlQCLcB/s400/Screenshot_38.png[/img]

Coffee contains caffeine, and caffeine can raise blood pressure and put extra stress on the kidneys, just as salt can. Over time, excess coffee consumption (or caffeine consumption, such as energy drinks) can lead to kidney damage.

5. Consuming too much protein sourced from animals
[img]https://4.bp..com/-Xy202iyG-1U/WKrCGLbB-aI/AAAAAAAABJU/7REeLXKjHoQyMoyC4c8QwI_MFQWn2zEZwCLcB/s400/Screenshot_39.png[/img]

Consuming an excess of animal protein (especially red meat) increases the metabolic load on the kidneys. The more animal protein one consumes, the harder the kidneys have to work, which can cause stress and lead to kidney damage.

6. Taking too much alcohol
[img]https://1.bp..com/-YQeDMOvbsWg/WKrCoAvjVwI/AAAAAAAABJY/aBebdvdQsSMU7JybVl6q2OA_GMtCntsuACLcB/s400/Screenshot_40.png[/img]

Consuming too much alcohol doesn't only damage your kidney but also damages your liver as well. Most people enjoy a glass of wine or a beer here and there, but more than one drink several times a week can raise the risk of kidney damage. Alcohol puts stress on the kidneys and the liver.

7. Abusing painkillers
[img]https://1.bp..com/-xqdil3qyK2s/XWD_pxnlffI/AAAAAAAABPE/pn3IiLredBsOYXKb3W8HyCg_Zjkm8nhjQCLcBGAs/s1600/Painkiller%2Babuse.png[/img]

Both over-the-counter and prescription drugs are commonly taken for aches and pains without concern about the harmful side effects that may arise. Excessive use or abuse of painkillers can lead to severe kidney and liver damage.

8. Depriving yourself of sleep
[img]https://3.bp..com/-EahiA2cx37M/WKrEWqOIHmI/AAAAAAAABJ4/bBld8qOttHobMNZHbjVrhu9U6bwbTDuZQCLcB/s400/Screenshot_42.png[/img]

Chronic sleep deprivation is linked to many health problems, including kidney disease. The body works while sleeping to repair kidney tissue that may be damaged, so depriving the body of sleep makes it harder to heal.

READ MORE: https://www.webpamphlet.com/2019/08/stop-these-8-habbits-they-dmage-your.html

Where is smoking?

1 Like

Re: Stop These 8 Habits, They Damage Your Kidneys! by TinaG(f): 12:44pm On Aug 24, 2019
Guilty of No 3 . Father Biko have Mercy
Re: Stop These 8 Habits, They Damage Your Kidneys! by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 24, 2019
3,5 n 8

I'm a master already
Re: Stop These 8 Habits, They Damage Your Kidneys! by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 24, 2019
Kylekent59:

11:58 pm you are still on nairaland. You are also guilty of number 8.

The actual dangerous time to be awake is from 1-3 am
Re: Stop These 8 Habits, They Damage Your Kidneys! by Btruth: 1:22pm On Aug 24, 2019
Famocious:
One big miss on the list is herbal concoction use which is very common among our people..

Others are : Green 'holy' water drinking, not drinking enough water about bouts of diarrhea / vomiting, seeking attention from quack medical personnel and poor antenatal care.
how do you mean by "green holy water" drinking?
Re: Stop These 8 Habits, They Damage Your Kidneys! by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 24, 2019
Nodogragra4me:
My brother truth dey for wetin you talk

Exercise to keep fit and some died during the exercise ... abeg all power belongs to God including the power to get good health ... deut 8:18

Faith without work is dead
Re: Stop These 8 Habits, They Damage Your Kidneys! by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 24, 2019
mmadu4:
i just drank water after reading this

Better drink o. Water prevents a lot of diseases especially prostate cancer which most men suffer.
Re: Stop These 8 Habits, They Damage Your Kidneys! by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 24, 2019
oluwatosink:
I just can't sleep in the afternoon..
If i close my eyes i will just be thinking.. undecided

But why would you sleep in the afternoon? So you want to end up being poor?
Re: Stop These 8 Habits, They Damage Your Kidneys! by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 24, 2019
Nairalandaire:
Don't do this. Don't do that. Yet u no go see any doctor wey live beyond 80 years.

Abeg enjoy your life anyhow you like.

In short, make I go shayo first.

Do you know the meaning of quality of life? Go to the hospital and find out. Your body is a temple, treat it as one.
Re: Stop These 8 Habits, They Damage Your Kidneys! by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 24, 2019
Dandsome:
What doesn't damage the kidney then?

Sleeping from 1am-3am
Re: Stop These 8 Habits, They Damage Your Kidneys! by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 24, 2019
IamSoProlific:

OP, what of those that practice kegel(act of holding pee for like 10sec once you start peeing) just for sexual boost against premature ejaculation.

I've heard so many health practitioners educate people to practice it, how healthy is the act pointing from the 3rd factor you listed....

Kegel exercise is not holding urine, it's squeezing your vagina, more like mimicking holding urine.
Re: Stop These 8 Habits, They Damage Your Kidneys! by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 24, 2019
aaronson:
Guilty of no 8.

I'm insomniac. That means my kidney would soon get ruined so I will soon die. You people should tell me RIP now oooo, Not when someone will now die, you will now be saying RIP then I wouldn't truly know who truly loves me and means it.

Did your doctor tell you or your opinion?
Re: Stop These 8 Habits, They Damage Your Kidneys! by advocatebaba(m): 1:38pm On Aug 24, 2019
aaronson:
Guilty of no 8.

I'm insomniac. That means my kidney would soon get ruined so I will soon die. You people should tell me RIP now oooo, Not when someone will now die, you will now be saying RIP then I wouldn't truly know who truly loves me and means it.
U no well.
Re: Stop These 8 Habits, They Damage Your Kidneys! by Sharmeenator(m): 2:09pm On Aug 24, 2019
RIP
aaronson:
Guilty of no 8.

Re: Stop These 8 Habits, They Damage Your Kidneys! by Famocious(m): 2:12pm On Aug 24, 2019
Btruth:
how do you mean by "green holy water" drinking?

Some church give their members 'holy water', greenish in color for spiritual purposes. It's been found out that such water contains heavy metals and herbal toxins that are known to the toxic to the kidney.

You can go through this article :

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4496464/
Re: Stop These 8 Habits, They Damage Your Kidneys! by Offpoint: 2:22pm On Aug 24, 2019
aaronson:
Guilty of no 8.

R.I.P, I love you and this is the only way I can show it.
Re: Stop These 8 Habits, They Damage Your Kidneys! by krak101(m): 2:23pm On Aug 24, 2019
oluwatosink:
I just can't sleep in the afternoon..
If i close my eyes i will just be thinking.. undecided
so how do you while away free time? And at night?
Re: Stop These 8 Habits, They Damage Your Kidneys! by obentenyson(m): 2:34pm On Aug 24, 2019
Kingpee2:
No one can perfect all of this in anyway ..
Dr Sebi and many others did....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

This Fat Man Lost Weight, And This Happened To The Shape Of His Head Too (photos / Girl Who Shot Herself In The Face In Suicide Attempt Get Face Transplant(Pics) / I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.