Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,895 members, 7,821,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. (34700 Views)

Nigerian Lady Is Looking For A Sperm Donor. See Qualifications / I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) / At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by Lovelyn451(f): 8:27am On Aug 24, 2019
when a guy is 23 and cannot wash his cloth

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by sonnie10: 8:27am On Aug 24, 2019
You learn cooking by actually trying it out. It might be that she had people cooking for her.
Last born syndrome

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by Funmmyastic: 8:28am On Aug 24, 2019
Only a lady individual will not know how to cook.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 24, 2019
iRepNaija1:

If it's something to add to the table, why can't you add it?
We don catch them. supporting crew, this one cant cook water

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by Joystark(f): 8:29am On Aug 24, 2019
Everybody should know how to cook.
Both make and female.
Why won't you know how to fix something for yourself to eat?

Eating isn't gender based nau.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by StTrump: 8:29am On Aug 24, 2019
Mehn I see many foolish posts here. shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by Angelfrost(m): 8:30am On Aug 24, 2019
Ahmed0336:

WORD!!!... Sound it so the deaf may hear.

Even at 23, any one with a smart phone can learn decent cooking skills in a week... I know a girl that learnt how to cook by spending just few days with her aunt.

Inability to cook is not due to lack of opportunity, rather lack of interest... It's one of the simplest home management skills any decent (key word of the day) lady can learn and even hone to perfection.

As a guy, if I could learn amazing culinary skills just by observing my mother and aunts, what is a lady's excuse?...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by Wanity(m): 8:31am On Aug 24, 2019
Martinez39:
Both her and her mother, especially her mother. As a girl that would end up contributing nothing in a relationship other than sex, cooking is one little way to add something to the table.

N.B: I am dead, don't bother replying.

Bros is not true

A girl at 16 is already out of the control of her parents

16-23 you don't know how to cook, who tough you sex

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 24, 2019
Lovelyn451:
grin
Lovelyn451:
Is that ur excuse?. Well nigeria girl dont have value again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by Meliian(f): 8:33am On Aug 24, 2019
Martinez39:
If I can add it, what is her usefulness? Let her make herself useful by adding it. I can get the pussy anywhere. angry

Yes. Even your mum's too.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by Shashar: 8:33am On Aug 24, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:
Not everywoman knows how to cook. It does not make such woman less of a woman if she is interested she can learn or get someone to be doing the cooking. I see nothing wrong there. sad
Men should learn how to cook to complement the ladies effort cool
shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 24, 2019
Her marriage will suffer it na.
Its really a shame if someone at that age can't cook,what was she learning for the past 22 yrs

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by WildChild00(m): 8:34am On Aug 24, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:
Not everywoman knows how to cook. It does not make such woman less of a woman if she is interested she can learn or get someone to be doing the cooking. I see nothing wrong there. sad

Where are you from? Are you sure you are from Africa? shocked are you married? And do you know the popular saying that the way to a man's heart is via his Tommy? Sis try and learn how to cook or register in training school for cooking, there are lots of slay queens out der Biko.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:34am On Aug 24, 2019
DaddySimple:
I came across an argument somewhere and it was really funny to hear what some people were saying about it so I have decided to share it here also.

When a lady is 23 years of age and she can't cook, is she to be blamed or is her mother to be blamed?

I am just curious to hear what people have to say about this issue.

Her mother first... who didn't teach a growing child what she needed to know.

Then the adult who grows up and still refused to learn for herself what she needs to know.

Using myself as an instance, growing up we didn't eat a variety of foods... nobody in my house liked swallow so my mum rarely prepared soups... the few occasions she did, they were mostly three soups... egusi, banga soup and pepper soup. My kid bro hated anything that had okro or was stretchy... the others had their peculiar dislikes, that was why my mum narrowed things down to the three generally-eaten options.

But when I got into uni, I saw that people cooked several other varieties of foods... and sometimes in better ways than they were prepared in my house. I took it upon myself to learn... I'll cook stuff even though I know I'll barely eat it... then distribute to my neighbours.
And practice makes perfect.

Now, I can whip up so many things that I crave... I think I can cook at least 10 soups... plus all the bakes and pastries.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by judedwriter(m): 8:34am On Aug 24, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:

Hmmm....even if na ordinary pap and akara she no fit cook

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 24, 2019
AstroG:

Alot of things we dont enjoy doing but we do them. That's not an excuse , even as guy myself that cooks I find anyone not knowing how to cook is just lazy or not interested that's the number one skill to learn to survive and manage funds esp in this Lagos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by Divineayo(m): 8:35am On Aug 24, 2019
In America it may not be necessary, in some culture a lady learning to keep the house clean is necessity , in royal house of England a lady does not need to know how to cook but she must have charisma , and learn to carry and present herself as royalty. But here inside this naija, a woman wey no fit cook na shit� infact no real naija mother will want her son to marry a woman that cannot cook .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by chibnnodi: 8:35am On Aug 24, 2019
I left a lady of 25 because she doesn't know how to cook, not to talk of being multitasking. I cannot marry a woman, who is not a good cook nor multitasking.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by tartarus(m): 8:35am On Aug 24, 2019
Another topic for broke nairaland guys to wa.nk on.... undecided
If she doesn't know how to cook what stops you from teaching her?!. Cooking is not limited to one gender afterall both men and women provide for the family now sad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by Tamax: 8:35am On Aug 24, 2019
In short, I tire oo grin

StTrump:
Mehn I see many foolish posts here. shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by dalass(f): 8:36am On Aug 24, 2019
DaddySimple:
I came across an argument somewhere and it was really funny to hear what some people were saying about it so I have decided to share it here also.

When a lady is 23 years of age and she can't cook, is she to be blamed or is her mother to be blamed?

I look at it from another p.o.v.

Some Fathers are to be blamed because they only eat their wives food and any attempt by the girl is rebuffed.

I say this because I have seen old mamas cooking for grandpas ( they're rich o) just because he only wants his wife to cook for him and would not eat any other persons food. So how will his daughters or granddaughter learn to cook if they can't be allowed to over the years until higher education and job takes them away from home?

My Mum made sure all my siblings both males and females cook. There's nothing all of us can't do at home. She just left you to do it until you get it right. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by Lordjb: 8:36am On Aug 24, 2019
I just dey wonder wetin dey hard for cooking sef... Ordinary cooking chai... I can't stand a lady that can't cook Biko. Meanwhile see my signature below for link to stream BBNaija Live

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by Topmaike007(m): 8:37am On Aug 24, 2019
Martinez39:
Both her and her mother, especially her mother. As a girl that would end up contributing nothing in a relationship other than sex, cooking is one little way to add something to the table.

N.B: I am dead, don't bother replying.
the mother is not to be blame, I am a man, I know the level I put myself my wife can't intimidate me food because I spent so many times in kitchen with my mum and younger sister, even my dad use to tell me then that kitchen is meant for women...

My mum never taught me I watched her doing it and I do the practical when the home is boys only....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by Wanity(m): 8:38am On Aug 24, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:

Girls should learn how to work and support the guys

I bet you that 99.9% of men today can cook more than some girls this days

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by giggspro(m): 8:41am On Aug 24, 2019
She is a disgrace to womanhood... My sister of 16 can cook different types of food.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 24, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:
But you see everything wrong when a man is broke & can't pay for a date ? Or ,when a man decide he is going to share the bill equally with her woman ?
Every time,a man should learn how to complement the woman in every stuff that got to do with the woman.
I will also wish you advocate for woman to learn to complement the men when it comes to the issue of the male folks .
Hope those females at the back is hearing me ?
Or should I increase the volume ?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by cruz419(m): 8:42am On Aug 24, 2019
the blame goes to both side..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by Tamax: 8:43am On Aug 24, 2019
Mehn na to just ignore some post oo and make u no reply them at all. Some people don dey configured permanently not to admit the right thing. Dem no fit change and will always find one thing or the order to say to cover up or proof say dem right. Just waka over their post to avoid response dat can cause trouble grin

judedwriter:

Hmmm....even if na ordinary pap and akara she no fit cook

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by larryking540: 8:45am On Aug 24, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:

I still don't get it, if a lady can't cook wat else has she got to offer,sex?
Even to be virgin self till marriage na problem for una,na wa oo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by IgboOsuIpobMUMU: 8:46am On Aug 24, 2019
DaddySimple:

Blame both of them especially the USELESS mother.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by yeyeosoronga: 8:48am On Aug 24, 2019
Women need to learn to be independent financially.
Your life is yours. If you don't like cooking, then don't cook. If you have your money, you can always outsource cooking and cleaning and at the same time help build someone else's business (Yes, there are businesses where they cook and deliver, do housecleaning etc). We have male cooks, male housekeepers. If you want male staff, you can request for them from the company.
Every page you open on instagram these days is filled with people cooking for homes and delivering them. Some deliver nice soups from UK to America, Dubai and different places in the world. That's the beauty of technology and advancement. Your cravings can be met within the twinkling of an eye.
Cooking should never be gender specific. You don't need special brains, hands to cook, same as you don't need anything different or special to eat.
Why waste precious time on such mundane things that can easily be outsourced?
If you love cooking, that's great. You will always gladly do what you love. If you don't, then don't bother yourself. If it's noodles that you just add the spices, water and put in microwave for 5minutes to eat and stay alive, by all means do so.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

‘this Marriage Wrecked Me’ — How DNA Shows He’s Not Father Of SS ‘son' / About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of Risk Of Travelling In Nigeria / My Mother Wants To Remarry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.