Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,684 members, 7,831,120 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. (34750 Views)

Nigerian Lady Is Looking For A Sperm Donor. See Qualifications / I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) / At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by dalass(f): 9:35am On Aug 24, 2019
Lonelypacifist6:
Word We're all male children I'm the last child and I can cook major Nigeria dished this is not limited to my tribe I'm Yoruba and international dishes too because my mom is a UK certified chef.

Thanks jare. I love people with sound minds/ arguments. Not all those ones who refuse to be useful to themselves not to talk of their families simply because they are men[i][/i]

2 Likes

Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by deebrain(m): 9:36am On Aug 24, 2019
Blame the lady.
Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by Jetland(m): 9:38am On Aug 24, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:
Not everywoman knows how to cook. It does not make such woman less of a woman if she is interested she can learn or get someone to be doing the cooking. I see nothing wrong there. sad
Men should learn how to cook to complement the ladies effort cool

It's men's responsibility to take care of their families including their wives. What's women's responsibilities? would you have said the same to men that can't take care of their wives?

I know your Indomie knowledge would tell you that cooking it's not meant for wives alone, but also men. Now, if that is what your reply is, I want you to educate me; what are husbands and wife's responsibilities in their respective homes?
Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by Sunnycliff(m): 9:39am On Aug 24, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Cooking isn't a feminine attribute, take note. Most world reknown Chefs are male. A Chef is a male cook

That is a profession and a career of someone. But we are talking of feminity and it's attributes of which culinary skill is prominent.
Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by Sunnycliff(m): 9:40am On Aug 24, 2019
aviato:
When God created women, he did not write cooking on their head so carry this your archaic mindset and go and sit down, there are women out there who can't cook but have contributed more to the world than the so called cooks out there.

There are many women with outstanding world records yet they cook well for their families and husbands.

Cooking is part of feminity as family defence from intruders is a core attribute of masculinity
Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by meobizy(f): 9:41am On Aug 24, 2019
In a world of seven billion individuals I’ll shun the female and find another.
Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by Lonelypacifist6: 9:45am On Aug 24, 2019
Meliian:

You're an idiot just like your father.
You're stupid just like your mother.
Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by yeyeosoronga: 9:49am On Aug 24, 2019
henryobinna:
yea... 21st century men need to learn to stop buying gifts for the women and also doing all those manly stuffs for her, because we're 21st century men.

utterly makes sense... nice idea

Women are making their own money and also buy gifts for their men.
What manly stuffs do men do? Take out the thrash? Change a bulb? Women do same and more. Or mow the lawn? Even men outsource that.
Many men can't even change a tyre these days, talkmore of changing another person's own. Is it putting on the generator?, when the gens have keys these days.
Only few men know how to change the plug of a generator and will have to get a gen repair guy to do it. So what manly thing is there that is so unique that men do? Even your blokos has been replaced by dildos and vibrators and here you are still talking about cooking.
When you talk of manly things, perhaps that can be applicable abroad where many do DIY to save costs as artisans are very expensive, paint their homes (women do too), fix plumbing issues, change parts in broken down appliances etc. But that's not applicable in nigeria. How many men can fix a plumbing problem and not call a plumber? How many have painted their homes themselves? Etc
There are more important things to this life o.
Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by henryobinna(m): 9:56am On Aug 24, 2019
yeyeosoronga:

What manly stuffs do men do? Take out the thrash? Change a bulb? Women do same and more. Or mow the lawn? Even men outsource that.
Many men can't even change a tyre these days, talkmore of changing another person's own. Is it putting on the generator?, when the gens have keys these days.
Only few men know how to change the plug of a generator and will have to get a gen repair guy to do it. So what manly thing is there that is so unique that men do? Even your blokos has been replaced by dildos and vibrators and here you are still talking about cooking.
ok, carry on and live with what you believe.

but don't cry when you're dumped for not being a woman...
Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by halogate: 9:57am On Aug 24, 2019
yeyeosoronga:

..abeg talk with sense jare!
Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by yeyeosoronga: 10:02am On Aug 24, 2019
halogate:

..abeg talk with sense jare!

You have started using your paraga again this early morning..
Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by dkronicle(m): 10:04am On Aug 24, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:
Not everywoman knows how to cook. It does not make such woman less of a woman if she is interested she can learn or get someone to be doing the cooking. I see nothing wrong there. sad

If i cook for a pregnant woman she will just vomit the baby
Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by stormborn28(m): 10:11am On Aug 24, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:
hahahahahaaaaas.....you should have added.... Men should learn how to grow pvssies too...

Nonsense everywhere
Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by Esthered: 10:14am On Aug 24, 2019
lordweezy:
If your woman only has sex and food to contribute then I suggest you to dissociate.

A woman must be kind to enable relationship or marriage work, what is kindness ? A kind person knows the condition of a situation and thinks how best to salvage it, a kind person doesn’t waste another’s sweat cause she recognize how hard life or wealth can be and so will always think how to support to earn more, w[b]omen naturally think when they demand from a man and he gives you that he is a mumu,[/b] some people give because they feel it’s their way of showing kindness , but any woman who is not kind,whole hearted loving, pls I know we confuse respect to be love, it’s two different things but a woman must never give excuse or I don’t know how to cook cause if the guy says I don’t know how to marry e go be like relationship abuse

Please I think you should reassess the type of women you deal with as I don't have that mentality by default. Receiving for a man for me is a privilege as the act may have been borne out of love or altruism.
Not a bad idea if she can afford a cook and work on other areas of her strength to make the marriage work especially if he knew prior to marriage that the kitchen isn't her forte.
Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by phil0(m): 10:20am On Aug 24, 2019
is that even possible
Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by halogate: 10:21am On Aug 24, 2019
yeyeosoronga:

You have started using your paraga again this early morning..
..actually it's Smirnoff ice and its cos domestic work is done.
.there's more to life u say?..oya eat only indomie for the next 6months let's see how far u can take it.
..don't wash ur clothes or clean ur room for one month.
..leave ur toilet unwashed for the next 3 months..
when u are satisfied with the results..then I'll take u serious
Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by Esthered: 10:25am On Aug 24, 2019
Jetland:

It's men's responsibility to take care of their families including their wives. What's women's responsibilities? would you have said the same to men that can't take care of their wives?

I know your Indomie knowledge would tell you that cooking it's not meant for wives alone, but also men. Now, if that is what your reply is, I want you to educate me; what are husbands and wife's responsibilities in their respective homes?

The care you mean, is it financial care as women are now in the labour force to support the home front. Therefore if they're both working to improve/sustain their standard of living as a family, they'll have to define their roles as the sole duty of providing is shared and she can't be expected to do all in the house.
The reason I don't want to reckon with the saying of Calabar women knowing how to cook but don't run world class restaurants but pride in cooking skills sad
All these men saying that a woman who can't cook stands no chance, when they find themselves in saner climes, cooking skills will never be a top prerequisite to be considered for marriage. All Nigerian ladies should therefore aim to relocate to saner climes. grin
Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by milanseedorf(m): 10:25am On Aug 24, 2019
A wise man once said, "love fades away but hunger doesn't". Legends will understand
Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by gideonvalor98(m): 10:31am On Aug 24, 2019
I use to have a girl like that too during my undergraduate days. I don't just get it while a lady won't be able to cook...as in what have you been doing during your teenage/early adult stage....some of them are in the habit of running from home when it's time to cook or going out to irrelevant places...most secondary school sef do teach student home economics and again YouTube is there where you will watch videos of how to prepare different delicacies. If you can't cook as a lady despite all the tools available for in this modern era, that means you are not serious and ready build a family
Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by gideonvalor98(m): 10:33am On Aug 24, 2019
gideonvalor98:
I use to have a girl like that too during my undergraduate days. I don't just get it while a lady won't be able to cook...as in what have you been doing during your teenage/early adult stage....some of them are in the habit of running from home when it's time to cook or going out to irrelevant places...most secondary school sef do teach student home economics and again YouTube is there where you will watch videos of how to prepare different delicacies. If you can't cook as a lady despite all the tools available for you in this modern era, that means you are not serious and ready to build a family
Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:36am On Aug 24, 2019
Offpoint:

As a woman What the hell were you doing for good 23 years that your mom has been cooking?

Please some opinion should be kept within oneself.

Even the so advanced world you guys try to emulate are assisting their parents in doing common chores.
Every individual should learn how to do chores irrespective of gender.
Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by OlawaleBammie: 10:38am On Aug 24, 2019
ednut1:
As a man can't you cook also
Are u just waking up to write this soo as a man u should b doing d cooking always?? walahi aye ti dorikodo. if i can cook does dat mean she should nt b able to cook??
Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:38am On Aug 24, 2019
DenreleDave:

Dear I can cook.. Will u marry me??
Yes so when can I come and pay your groom price

1 Like

Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by OlawaleBammie: 10:39am On Aug 24, 2019
AstroG:
Am so disappointed that this is coming from you of all people cry cry

she said she's a feminist, a nigeria version soo wat did u expect?
Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by ednut1(m): 10:41am On Aug 24, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

Are u just waking up to write this soo as a man u should b doing d cooking always?? walahi aye ti dorikodo. if i can cook does dat mean she should nt b able to cook??
u teach am noni.
Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:41am On Aug 24, 2019
henryobinna:
yea... 21st century men need to learn to stop buying gifts for the women and also doing all those manly stuffs for her, because we're 21st century men.

utterly makes sense... nice idea
I have nothing against this.
I have never been in support of only guys buying gifts for their women.
So the joke is on you. cheesy
Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:42am On Aug 24, 2019
DenreleDave:

Dear I can cook.. Will u marry me??
Yes, So when can I come and pay your groomprice cheesy to your mamamia smiley
Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by poseidon12: 10:43am On Aug 24, 2019
Both men and women should learn how to cook their own food. You don't have to be expert cooks but a responsible human being should be able to fix their food when necessary.
I would consider anyone that does not know how to cook as irresponsible.
Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by stormborn28(m): 10:44am On Aug 24, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:

I am not, but the thing is that not every lady enjoys cooking so no need to force them. To some cooking comes as a natural talent to some it does not.
Bit then again cooking should not be a gender thing in the 21st century world so men need to learn how to cook too.
it is like for me saying not every man man like working to take care of the family... If you don't know, cooking is mandatory for every lady so as family responsibility is mandatory for every man
Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:46am On Aug 24, 2019
Jetland:

It's men's responsibility to take care of their families including their wives . What's women's responsibilities? would you have said the same to men that can't take care of their wives?

@bold, not anymore times have changed and are changing, I see the bold as a collective effort from both individuals. Women now work so they should bring something to the table cool
Everybody has their blueprint I do not believe in society's defined roles enter marriage let you and your wife dtermine your own roles and responsibilities.
You must not follow the bandwagon.
stormborn28:
it is like for me saying not every man man like working to take care of the family... If you don't know, cooking is mandatory for every lady so as family responsibility is mandatory for every man
What century do you live in.
Read what I told the other person I quoted with you.

1 Like

Re: When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. by poseidon12: 10:48am On Aug 24, 2019
missjo:
It's embarrassing that anyone,i mean anyone, should not be able to prepare the food which they themselves require to continue living. Men inclusive.

Exactly. If I were in a position to hire, I will not hire anyone that does not know how to prepare their own food. I would consider such a person as very irresponsible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

White Lady And Her Nigerian Husband Celebrate 5th Wedding Anniversary (Photo) / Court Dissolves Marriage Of Woman Who Collects N500 From Husband Before Sex / My Mother Wants To Remarry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.