Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Apple Buys A Nigerian-owned ICT Firm For $1b (368b). - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Apple Buys A Nigerian-owned ICT Firm For $1b (368b). (616 Views)

World Bank Suspends Isah Kantigi And His Firm For Bribery / Meet Nigerian Man Who Sold His Startup To Apple For $1B / Apple buys a Nigerian-owned ICT firm for $1 billion. PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apple Buys A Nigerian-owned ICT Firm For $1b (368b). by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 24, 2019
Apple buys a Nigerian-owned ICT firm for $1b (N368b).
The US most celebrated brand, Apple, has bought Nigeria’s Chinedu Echeruo’s HopStop.com.

According to The Wall Street Journal’s publication, AllThingsDigital, it informed that though the term of the deal has not been disclosed officially, HopStop has been compared to Israel’s Waze, which was recently acquired by Google for $1 billion.

Founded in 2005, HopStop.com makes mobile applications for both iOS and Android that covers over 300 cities and that helps people get directions or find nearby subway stations and bus stops.
Echeruo, formerly an analyst at investment banks and hedge funds, who founded HopStop, is now chairman of the Board for the app firm.

The move, according to market intelligence, is seen as Apple’s plan to bolster its map offering especially given Google’s recent acquisition of Waze.

Re: Apple Buys A Nigerian-owned ICT Firm For $1b (368b). by daddytime(m): 1:39pm On Aug 24, 2019
While the other fake Fintech gurus chose to bring upon us all shame and reproach, you have chosen right to do us proud. I salute you...Well done bro.
Re: Apple Buys A Nigerian-owned ICT Firm For $1b (368b). by terryflexy: 1:43pm On Aug 24, 2019
I am very happy for him, i hope he remember hustling guy like me, to lean and impact to our society
Re: Apple Buys A Nigerian-owned ICT Firm For $1b (368b). by damtan(m): 2:47pm On Aug 24, 2019
Wow.
It won't amaze me if he starts another tech biz and build it up in a few years. This man is a genius
Re: Apple Buys A Nigerian-owned ICT Firm For $1b (368b). by healthserve(m): 3:55pm On Aug 24, 2019
daddytime:
While the other fake Fintech gurus chose to bring upon us all shame and reproach, you have chosen right to do us proud. I salute you...Well done bro.

good news isn't sweet, where's the traffic here? grin

(1) (Reply)

How To Turn $100 Into $1 Million, According To 9 Self-made Millionaires / Get Your Business Website For As Low As 40k With Special Services / Half Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.