Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,776 members, 7,824,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

5 Things You Should Know About Danfo Bus - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Things You Should Know About Danfo Bus (516 Views)

Oyinbo Danfo Bus Conductor In Lagos (Skit) / Bus Conductor Sanitizes Passengers Before Boarding Danfo Bus (photo) / Danfo Bus That Has TV Inside (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things You Should Know About Danfo Bus by ericotrips(m): 6:58pm On Aug 24, 2019
Yellow commercial buses dubbed “danfo” are visible on every inch of Lagos’ volatile landscape. They are usually Volkswagen Transporters (van) fitted with steel frames and wooden planks for seats.

Journeys in them can be memorable still it’s always a bumpy ride.

Here are 5 things you should know about danfo bus.

1. THE CONDUCTORS AND DRIVERS ARE NOT GOOD LISTENERS
You probably told the conductor your destination before boarding. The bus is set in motion and you suddenly find yourself at Fadeyi instead of Onipanu.

To avoid this practice, learn to say “owa” when you reach your stop, be attentive.

I heard an Indian say this once, it was hilarious.

2. THERE CAN BE FIGHTS
If you’re on the go and notice some men harassing the driver, remain calm. They are “agberos” that need to wet their beaks. In few cases when the drivers or conductors don’t meet their requests, the touts remove the bus wipers, side mirrors or whatever they lay their hands on.

This can lead to small and sometimes big fights.

3. THE DRIVERS KNOW MULTIPLE ROUTES
Each danfo driver knows at least three ways to get anywhere in Lagos. Perhaps, you find yourself in an unfamiliar environment and wonder if this is a kidnap operation.

Don’t bother, they are only on the fastest route. You don’t have to take my word for it, if still in doubt ask the person next to you.

4. YOU MUST BE VIGILANT
It’s not safe to sleep, be alert! Valuables get stolen in the buses frequently. If you notice any funny movements in your pockets exercise caution and ensure your bags are within eye view.

Note: You should be vigilant but don’t be a snub, Lagosians are very friendly people and one might start a conversation. If you’re not interested, maturely dismiss the topic.

5. ENJOY THE JOURNEY
Try avoiding anything that will certainly upset you. Don’t fight with the conductor, he can ruin your day.
If anyone tries to intimidate you, show your “street” side. Other than that, keep it moving.

Also, you’re no peace advocate, if you see people hauling insults at each other don’t interfere. Entertain yourself because it could be the day’s work talking.

Did you know that danfo drivers behave differently when they cross from the mainland to the island?

They suddenly obey traffic rules, stop at designated bus stops and are polite.

Learn more about my Lasgidi Adventures https://ericotrips./2018/09/27/5-things-you-should-know-about-danfo-buses

Think I forgot anything? Feel free to add yours.

Re: 5 Things You Should Know About Danfo Bus by Phayie(m): 5:50pm On Aug 25, 2019
You're very on point!

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Should Know About Danfo Bus by ericotrips(m): 8:42am On Aug 26, 2019
Phayie:
You're very on point!
cool

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help / Thread For Launch America Journey Into Space (video + Photos) / IELTS Exam Preparation Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.