Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Nicolas Pepe Officially Dribbles Past Van Dijk To Shatter His 50-Game Record - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nicolas Pepe Officially Dribbles Past Van Dijk To Shatter His 50-Game Record (64179 Views)

Nicolas Pepe Scores 2 Free-Kicks, Stunned Fans React (Photos) / Nicolas Pepe Becomes Africa's Most Expensive Player / NBA Teammates Pranked A Basketballer By Filling His ₦50.6m Audi R8 With Popcorn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nicolas Pepe Officially Dribbles Past Van Dijk To Shatter His 50-Game Record by Nobody: 1:22am On Aug 30, 2019
m140:

Mr man Wetin this guy do you na.... VVD is the best player in ucl , besting messi and Ronaldo. VVD is underated, now he deserves this than messi, messi should just forget this awards, he has had enough, even when he doesn't worth it he was given, cant forget 2010 lailai
Let me show how he is well overhyped!!

Re: Nicolas Pepe Officially Dribbles Past Van Dijk To Shatter His 50-Game Record by EbukaHades10(m): 3:15am On Aug 30, 2019
eni4real:
quote from Wikipedia "According to UEFA, the award "recognise[s] the best player, irrespective of his nationality, playing for a football club within the territory of a UEFA member association during the previous season."[2] Players are judged by their performances in all competitions, domestic and international, and at club and national team levels throughout the season.[2]"

How was he overhyped?
Re: Nicolas Pepe Officially Dribbles Past Van Dijk To Shatter His 50-Game Record by m140(m): 6:50am On Aug 30, 2019
eni4real:
Still can't see how
Re: Nicolas Pepe Officially Dribbles Past Van Dijk To Shatter His 50-Game Record by Adjoyvi9: 7:04am On Aug 30, 2019
m140:
Still can't see how

That guy is just a pained bitter Barcelona fan.
Re: Nicolas Pepe Officially Dribbles Past Van Dijk To Shatter His 50-Game Record by m140(m): 7:09am On Aug 30, 2019
Adjoyvi9:

That guy is just a pained bitter Barcelona fan.
If i show my mention , you will laff tire. Dont know some barca fans dey hate like that, even was referring to himself as sensless and being a disgrace to his family cus i said messi is overrated. Was like messi dey feed me or e know me.
Re: Nicolas Pepe Officially Dribbles Past Van Dijk To Shatter His 50-Game Record by Adjoyvi9: 8:34am On Aug 30, 2019
m140:

If i show my mention , you will laff tire. Dont know some barca fans dey hate like that, even was referring to himself as sensless and being a disgrace to his family cus i said messi is overrated. Was like messi dey feed me or e know me.

Dat defeat pain them gan
Re: Nicolas Pepe Officially Dribbles Past Van Dijk To Shatter His 50-Game Record by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 30, 2019
m140:

Still can't see how
According to that stat, VVD is >>>>Ronaldo+Mane+Salah+Allison combined!!!
Wawu!!!
Gerrard is so unlucky to play in another era... This is an era to take all glories from Origi remarkable come-back!!

VVD is close to being better than those big 4 players abeg!!
I see a goalkeeper winning the next Ballon d'or!!!

This particular one is given to VVD already!!!

The pattern is very obvious.... The overhype is legendary!!
Re: Nicolas Pepe Officially Dribbles Past Van Dijk To Shatter His 50-Game Record by m140(m): 11:18am On Aug 30, 2019
eni4real:
According to that stat, VVD is >>>>Ronaldo+Mane+Salah+Allison combined!!!
Wawu!!!
Gerrard is so unlucky to play in another era... This is an era to take all glories from Origi remarkable come-back!!

VVD is close to being better than those big 4 players abeg!!
I see a goalkeeper winning the next Ballon d'or!!!

This particular one is given to VVD already!!!

The pattern is very obvious.... The overhype is legendary!!
Mr forget this overhype thing joor , messi too is overhyped thats why he couldn't win trophies with national team. VVD sabi paaa. VVD better messi last season. Take it or leave it, he is been rewarded already for his good work, if messi deserves it he would be given.
Re: Nicolas Pepe Officially Dribbles Past Van Dijk To Shatter His 50-Game Record by m140(m): 11:20am On Aug 30, 2019
Adjoyvi9:

Dat defeat pain them gan
VVD sabi, na cus liverpool remove barca na him oooo
Re: Nicolas Pepe Officially Dribbles Past Van Dijk To Shatter His 50-Game Record by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 30, 2019
m140:

Mr forget this overhype thing joor , messi too is overhyped thats why he couldn't win trophies with national team. VVD sabi paaa. VVD better messi last season. Take it or leave it, he is been rewarded already for his good work, if messi deserves it he would be given.
How can someone that score average of 43 goals every season for 14 consecutive seasons be overhyped??
Re: Nicolas Pepe Officially Dribbles Past Van Dijk To Shatter His 50-Game Record by EbukaHades10(m): 11:26am On Aug 30, 2019
eni4real:
How can someone that score average of 43 goals every season for 14 consecutive seasons be overhyped??
Cus he's an attacker. Defenders and Goalkeepers don't get the credit they deserve.

If it was Becker, would you have said he was overhyped
Re: Nicolas Pepe Officially Dribbles Past Van Dijk To Shatter His 50-Game Record by m140(m): 6:48pm On Aug 30, 2019
eni4real:
Its laliga na,copa deray, they boost am, why he no dey score for world cup like that , where the world is involved
Re: Nicolas Pepe Officially Dribbles Past Van Dijk To Shatter His 50-Game Record by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 30, 2019
m140:

Its laliga na,copa deray, they boost am, why he no dey score for world cup like that , where the world is involved
Tell me another player in 119 years history of La liga that has done that!!!
DSTV/Internet have made people rude that they can't respect GOATs of the sport...

Someone like you should be hailing Rashida Yekini kinda players!!! . You don't deserve to watch those that are the greatest of the game!!

He play from the midfield in Argentina.. .. Despite that he won the World cup golden ball... Only Legends win that!!!

He did not score as many goal?? Are you saying Harry Kane is better than him because he scored 6, or James Rodriguez is better than him??

If he has a balanced team like Spain, you know what Messi is capable of doing... He is a once in a generation kind of player!! Even George Weah, the greatest African player will not talk about Messi the way you disrespectfully talk about him!!!
Re: Nicolas Pepe Officially Dribbles Past Van Dijk To Shatter His 50-Game Record by m140(m): 10:58am On Aug 31, 2019
eni4real:
Tell me another player in 119 years history of La liga that has done that!!!
DSTV/Internet have made people rude that they can't respect GOATs of the sport...

Someone like you should be hailing Rashida Yekini kinda players!!! . You don't deserve to watch those that are the greatest of the game!!

He play from the midfield in Argentina.. .. Despite that he won the World cup golden ball... Only Legends win that!!!

He did not score as many goal?? Are you saying Harry Kane is better than him because he scored 6, or James Rodriguez is better than him??

If he has a balanced team like Spain, you know what Messi is capable of doing... He is a once in a generation kind of player!! Even George Weah, the greatest African player will not talk about Messi the way you disrespectfully talk about him!!!
Imagine, how old are you? Mr have been watching laliga for a very long time. Football is entertainment joor and stop all this messi hype. How many goals did Maradona scored in his life time. Same with ronaldinho. A lot like that , tap in na goal na. Goat that didn't win a wc. Nonsense goat. Cr7 and m10 aint goat in football as am concern , you can call them legend of club football cus thats were they are special . The most precious trophy in the game , bro them no fit win am . Despite their goal scoring club records, hiw many goals them score for wc . Do you know how many appearances they both had . Messi is your own goat not mine . Same to cr7 . I will always R9 anytime any day cus he did well for club and country.
Re: Nicolas Pepe Officially Dribbles Past Van Dijk To Shatter His 50-Game Record by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 31, 2019
m140:

Imagine, how old are you? Mr have been watching laliga for a very long time. Football is entertainment joor and stop all this messi hype. How many goals did Maradona scored in his life time. Same with ronaldinho. A lot like that , tap in na goal na. Goat that didn't win a wc. Nonsense goat. Cr7 and m10 aint goat in football as am concern , you can call them legend of club football cus thats were they are special . The most precious trophy in the game , bro them no fit win am . Despite their goal scoring club records, hiw many goals them score for wc . Do you know how many appearances they both had . Messi is your own goat not mine . Same to cr7 . I will always R9 anytime any day cus he did well for club and country.
Someone like you will call Thomas Muller the GOAT, because he score more World cup goals than Ronaldo and Messi!!!
James Rodriguez was a superstar of 2014 World cup! Where is he now?? How good is he now??
Harry Kane won a World Cup Golden boot, I guess he is automatically better than Messi now...

Messi has a World Cup golden ball, scoring 4 goals in 2014 World cup. I guess that answer your funny question!!!

The fact that Ronaldo has not been lucky individually in the World cup do not take anything away from him!!! He is the best!!

I am sure you are not better than Legends and Coaches that tag Messi and Ronaldo as the GOATs of football.. .

Maradona was great in his time, Pele was great in his Pre-Competitive era, but Messi and Ronaldo has taken football to a height no one may reach ever!!!

I wish football is like Athletics where Stat and records are everything... If Sprint is like football, someone like you will say Carl Lewis or Michael Johnson is greater than Usain Bolt because they dominated Sprint in the last century!!!

Remove your Nostalgia glasses and see that Messi and Cristiano are the GOATs!!!

Meanwhile, i want you to Google Ferdinand opinion on the UEFA best player award... It captures all points I've raised since the beginning of our 'arguments'!
Re: Nicolas Pepe Officially Dribbles Past Van Dijk To Shatter His 50-Game Record by m140(m): 4:53pm On Aug 31, 2019
eni4real:
Someone like you will call Thomas Muller the GOAT, because he score more World cup goals than Ronaldo and Messi!!!
James Rodriguez was a superstar of 2014 World cup! Where is he now?? How good is he now??
Harry Kane won a World Cup Golden boot, I guess he is automatically better than Messi now...

Messi has a World Cup golden ball, scoring 4 goals in 2014 World cup. I guess that answer your funny question!!!
Being a sportman , the most prestigious cup must be in your gallery before you can be called goat to me , wc is the most prestigious in football anytime any day , this guys aint close to people like Maradona, pele, r9, zidane... the list is just endless

The fact that Ronaldo has not been lucky individually in the World cup do not take anything away from him!!! He is the best!!

I am sure you are not better than Legends and Coaches that tag Messi and Ronaldo as the GOATs of football.. .

Maradona was great in his time, Pele was great in his Pre-Competitive era, but Messi and Ronaldo has taken football to a height no one may reach ever!!!

I wish football is like Athletics where Stat and records are everything... If Sprint is like football, someone like you will say Carl Lewis or Michael Johnson is greater than Usain Bolt because they dominated Sprint in the last century!!!

Meanwhile, i want you to Google Ferdinand opinion on the UEFA best player award... It captures all points I've raised since the beginning of our 'arguments'!
Re: Nicolas Pepe Officially Dribbles Past Van Dijk To Shatter His 50-Game Record by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 31, 2019
[quote author=m140 post=81792124][/quote] Maradona was only at his peak in 86.. He never played at the top for 15 years.. He had players that could win a World Cup final even when he was marked out of the game by the Germans!!! 'Valdano, Buruchaga, Brown' scored the goals that crowned Argentina... Stop sounding as if Maradona scored a hatrick in the World cup final...
Apart from that World cup, there is nothing excellent about Maradona that will make him better than Messi. He peaked in 86 won the SerieA in 87 and then never reached that top level until drug issues come up!! Stop the overhype.. He was an iconic player but that does not make him better than Messi... How many UCL did he win?? Nothing!!! Even Griezmann won a World Cup as a protagonist!! !

Pele was great. But for a player that had his career between 1958-1970 .. I must say that he was the best player of the Pre-Competitive era!

R9 was very good. Very talented.. But he had one of the best Brazil teammates in history.. Ronaldinho(World best), Rivaldo(another World best), Cafu(Arguably best RB in history), Lucio, Marcos, Emerson, Denilson(the step-iver guy), Emerson, and later Kaka(another World best), Maicon.. .. R9 was blessed.. It was not difficult for him to express himself.. He even won a world cup without playing at all in 1994 That is to tell you how talented his Brazil generation has been... He is a brilliant and highly talented player... But how many UCL did he win as a professional player?? Nothing!!! Even Mbappe has a World Cup since he play in a stacked team.. Put Mbappe in Argentina team, he will not either the World cup!! Yes, I can assure you..

I hope you will not say Didier Drogba is not the GOAT of Ivory Coast because he has no international trophy??
Ivory Coast won shortly after his retirement.. I guess he is overrated.. Yaya Toure should have been the Captain, a long time right?? ?

Once again, remove your Nostalgia glasses and come to understanding that you will not see any player better than Messi or Ronaldo in the next 50 years!! !

They are the GOATs!!!
Re: Nicolas Pepe Officially Dribbles Past Van Dijk To Shatter His 50-Game Record by m140(m): 7:57pm On Aug 31, 2019
eni4real:
Maradona was only at his peak in 86.. He never played at the top for 15 years.. He had players that could win a World Cup final even when he was marked out of the game by the Germans!!! 'Valdano, Buruchaga, Brown' scored the goals that crowned Argentina... Stop sounding as if Maradona scored a hatrick in the World cup final...
Apart from that World cup, there is nothing excellent about Maradona that will make him better than Messi. He peaked in 86 won the SerieA in 87 and then never reached that top level until drug issues come up!! Stop the overhype.. He was an iconic player but that does not make him better than Messi... How many UCL did he win?? Nothing!!! Even Griezmann won a World Cup as a protagonist!! !

Pele was great. But for a player that had his career between 1958-1970 .. I must say that he was the best player of the Pre-Competitive era!

R9 was very good. Very talented.. But he had one of the best Brazil teammates in history.. Ronaldinho(World best), Rivaldo(another World best), Cafu(Arguably best RB in history), Lucio, Marcos, Emerson, Denilson(the step-iver guy), Emerson, and later Kaka(another World best), Maicon.. .. R9 was blessed.. It was not difficult for him to express himself.. He even won a world cup without playing at all in 1994 That is to tell you how talented his Brazil generation has been... He is a brilliant and highly talented player... But how many UCL did he win as a professional player?? Nothing!!! Even Mbappe has a World Cup since he play in a stacked team.. Put Mbappe in Argentina team, he will not either the World cup!! Yes, I can assure you..

I hope you will not say Didier Drogba is not the GOAT of Ivory Coast because he has no international trophy??
Ivory Coast won shortly after his retirement.. I guess he is overrated.. Yaya Toure should have been the Captain, a long time right?? ?

Once again, remove your Nostalgia glasses and come to understanding that you will not see any player better than Messi or Ronaldo in the next 50 years!! !

They are the GOATs!!!
So messi had mumu players playing with him at barca, iniesta, xavi busquet, ayeimi, he even had better midfielder player along him than cr7 and r9 , mr carry this messi matter away jare, messi this messi that, he played with maria , aguero, lavezzi, mascherano , what are you even saying, cr7 never had players like that along side him b4 he won europa, which is even much competitive than copa america. Mr man messi is only great in barca jersy, dont ever compare him with r9, r9! He had no rival during his era , no rival, with his explosive pattern , he saw three wc finals, messi will exchange all his ucl for a wc am telling you. R9 has broken records in different leagues pa, messi just barca. C my brother to me messi cant be goat cus he never had the most precious biggest and most appreciated trophy in football, my brother no be him type . He had good players with him in the national team than cr7 got , but when it comes to talent please don't ever compare him with R9, thats disrespect
Re: Nicolas Pepe Officially Dribbles Past Van Dijk To Shatter His 50-Game Record by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 31, 2019
m140:

So messi had mumu players playing with him at barca, iniesta, xavi busquet, ayeimi, he even had better midfielder player along him than cr7 and r9 , mr carry this messi matter away jare, messi this messi that, he played with maria , aguero, lavezzi, mascherano , what are you even saying, cr7 never had players like that along side him b4 he won europa, which is even much competitive than copa america. Mr man messi is only great in barca jersy, dont ever compare him with r9, r9! He had no rival during his era , no rival, with his explosive pattern , he saw three wc finals, messi will exchange all his ucl for a wc am telling you. R9 has broken records in different leagues pa, messi just barca. C my brother to me messi cant be goat cus he never had the most precious biggest and most appreciated trophy in football, my brother no be him type . He had good players with him in the national team than cr7 got , but when it comes to talent please don't ever compare him with R9, thats disrespect
How many Ballon d'or did Di Maria, Lavezzi, Aguero, won?? We are talking about Rivaldo, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Roberto Carlos.. Arguably best ever in their positions... You are talking about players who are shadows of themselves in the national team.... How many of them has a World Cup golden ball or World Cup golden boot I mentioned R9 National team teammates, you are mentioning Messi Barcelona teammates.. How is that an analogy?? After Iniesta, Xavi has left Barack, Messi still produce 50 goals+, 20 assists+.. Which player has ever done that At least you ve been watching football for a long time tell me one player that has done that!!!

Miroslav Klopp is the highest goal scorer in the history of World cup, according to you, he is the GOAT because he won the World cup and is still the most prolific in the history of World cup!!!

Abeg carry your World cup hype and go...

Asamoah Gyan must be better than Salah in your book because he is a better World cup performer!!!

Kanu is a failure and cannot be considered as Nigerian GOAT because he has no international trophy

George Weah is a fraud because he has no international trophy

Cruyff can't be the Netherland GOAT because he has no international trophy since Van Basten, Rjikarrd and Gullit won the Euro in 1988!! One of them should be the Netherland GOAT!!!

Fernando Torres is better than Raul because he won the World cup, Euros (he even scored in 08 and 12 finals and won 1 Golden boot).., Raul is just a club Legend!!!

Just think about it, your analogy is flawed!!!
Re: Nicolas Pepe Officially Dribbles Past Van Dijk To Shatter His 50-Game Record by m140(m): 9:39am On Sep 01, 2019
eni4real:
How many Ballon d'or did Di Maria, Lavezzi, Aguero, won?? We are talking about Rivaldo, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Roberto Carlos.. Arguably best ever in their positions... You are talking about players who are shadows of themselves in the national team.... How many of them has a World Cup golden ball or World Cup golden boot I mentioned R9 National team teammates, you are mentioning Messi Barcelona teammates.. How is that an analogy?? After Iniesta, Xavi has left Barack, Messi still produce 50 goals+, 20 assists+.. Which player has ever done that At least you ve been watching football for a long time tell me one player that has done that!!!

Miroslav Klopp is the highest goal scorer in the history of World cup, according to you, he is the GOAT because he won the World cup and is still the most prolific in the history of World cup!!!

Abeg carry your World cup hype and go...

Asamoah Gyan must be better than Salah in your book because he is a better World cup performer!!!

Kanu is a failure and cannot be considered as Nigerian GOAT because he has no international trophy

George Weah is a fraud because he has no international trophy

Cruyff can't be the Netherland GOAT because he has no international trophy since Van Basten, Rjikarrd and Gullit won the Euro in 1988!! One of them should be the Netherland GOAT!!!

Fernando Torres is better than Raul because he won the World cup, Euros (he even scored in 08 and 12 finals and won 1 Golden boot).., Raul is just a club Legend!!!

Just think about it, your analogy is flawed!!!
Which kind flawed, how many ballon d' or did ronaldinho, rivaldo ,kaka , cafu and carlos won when r9 was in his prime, even Atlanta 96 rivaldo came from bench against Nigeria, the game favored Nigerian team then cause r9 was substituted ,mr man R9 no be messi mate i beg , you can keep arguing that since you watch modern, no player ever played the game ever had the explosiveness r9 had . R9 ! You were saying he was able to produce 50 goals after iniesta and xavi , my brother did he leave barca, all players are playing to him, he should have tried another league na, even cr7 cant score the way he scored in laliga in other leagues, the no of goals r9 did in a season in laliga wearing barca shirt was lower to goal ratio he had in seria A. Forlan couldn't florish in England but came to England scoring lots of goals amongst which team mates. If messi had played other leagues now wont argue that with you laliga is very cheap....
Those players you mentioned up there weah, gullit ,kanu are great players in their time, but saying messi is a goat without having winning the wc , mr i disagree with you 100%, i rate r9 over him anytime any day . Wc na small tournament ni , WC . Mr messi can't win it cus he only plays in barca team where they play for him, again its easier for him to score for him in laliga and create a lot of assists in laliga where mumu defends plenty. Wc is world shows biggest tournament, close sef get good goal records for wc, if they talk of players that made the tournament wonderful likes of m10 cant be mentioned. Nothing you can do to that.
I just noticed you kids that watch football now , social media hype on players has eaten deep into ur view of the beautiful game. You were the one bringing goal stats to being the best players na. I rate zidane over m10 anytime anyday. Did gyan win wc ni. Weah not as special as some guys in this game , again George did play with good players at all in the national team , it would have helped him too , assuming it were now social media hypes club players a lot , most times they play very little for their national teams, all this big transfers now its just nonsense. What is neymar playing to worth 200m plus , that nonsense he is playing. Bro .... can argue this well , messi can't play outside barca. R9 did very well very well everywhere.
Re: Nicolas Pepe Officially Dribbles Past Van Dijk To Shatter His 50-Game Record by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 01, 2019
m140:

Which kind flawed, how many ballon d' or did ronaldinho, rivaldo ,kaka , cafu and carlos won when r9 was in his prime, even Atlanta 96 rivaldo came from bench against Nigeria, the game favored Nigerian team then cause r9 was substituted ,mr man R9 no be messi mate i beg , you can keep arguing that since you watch modern, no player ever played the game ever had the explosiveness r9 had . R9 ! You were saying he was able to produce 50 goals after iniesta and xavi , my brother did he leave barca, all players are playing to him, he should have tried another league na, even cr7 cant score the way he scored in laliga in other leagues, the no of goals r9 did in a season in laliga wearing barca shirt was lower to goal ratio he had in seria A. Forlan couldn't florish in England but came to England scoring lots of goals amongst which team mates. If messi had played other leagues now wont argue that with you laliga is very cheap....
Those players you mentioned up there weah, gullit ,kanu are great players in their time, but saying messi is a goat without having winning the wc , mr i disagree with you 100%, i rate r9 over him anytime any day . Wc na small tournament ni , WC . Mr messi can't win it cus he only plays in barca team where they play for him, again its easier for him to score for him in laliga and create a lot of assists in laliga where mumu defends plenty. Wc is world shows biggest tournament, close sef get good goal records for wc, if they talk of players that made the tournament wonderful likes of m10 cant be mentioned. Nothing you can do to that.
I just noticed you kids that watch football now , social media hype on players has eaten deep into ur view of the beautiful game. You were the one bringing goal stats to being the best players na. I rate zidane over m10 anytime anyday. Did gyan win wc ni. Weah not as special as some guys in this game , again George did play with good players at all in the national team , it would have helped him too , assuming it were now social media hypes club players a lot , most times they play very little for their national teams, all this big transfers now its just nonsense. What is neymar playing to worth 200m plus , that nonsense he is playing. Bro .... can argue this well , messi can't play outside barca. R9 did very well very well everywhere.
They are Ballon d'or materials. That show how lucky R9 was to have them..

Brazil vs England quarter final was dominated by Rivaldo and Ronaldinho in 2002 World cup.. R9 had a quiet game.. You can imagine if he was relying on a Higuain in such a match...

Roberto Carlos (Best LB in history)
Cafu( Arguably Beast RB in history)
Rivaldo(1 Ballon d'or, 1 other top 3 nomination)
Ronaldinho(1 Ballon d'or, 1 nomination, 1 FIFA award), apart from awards, he is a one man army!!
Kaka( Another Ballon d'or winner)

A stacked team, a stacked generation.. If Neymar has all these top quality teammates, he will have 2 World cup already!!! I guess, Neymar is automatically better than Messi and Ronaldo because of that!! !

Stop overhyping the World cup. Henry won it as a 20 year old.... He could not win it as a peaked player despite belonging to a stacked team!!!

I guess Henry is better than Cruyff too!! !

Carry your hype away!!! World cup is won by a whole team and not by individuals.. You can't use World cup victory to judge who is better or should be the GOAT!!!

I am 100% sure that Giroud never reach Drogba's level!!! But guess who has won the World cup!!

Umtiti will not get to Maldini's level. Guess who has won the World cup

How many World cup did Lee Yashin win?? Why is he called the GOAT of Goalkeepers??! Someone like you will say he is lesser than Neuer or Lloris because of World cup titles??
Abegi!

I guess you know football more than Diouf who recently said " Messi is better than Pele and Maradona".
Google is your friend!!!

You are more professional than Diouf...
You said Messi in La Liga... How many goals did your R9 scored in La Liga, SerieA, Eredivise and UCL combined?? He is highly talented, yes. He was ruined by injury, Yes, He was ruined by weight gain, yes!! He never had 15 years consistency, yes! He had no UCL, yes.. He won 2 World cup in a highly stacked team, yes!! If Samuel Eto'o has the same teamates at National level, he will win 3 World cup.. confirm!!! Stop the overhype!!!! R9 had Arguably best teammates in history of Brazil football.. (1970 Brazil and 1982 Brazil teams are the exception tho)!
Re: Nicolas Pepe Officially Dribbles Past Van Dijk To Shatter His 50-Game Record by m140(m): 2:54pm On Sep 01, 2019
eni4real:
They are Ballon d'or materials. That show how lucky R9 was to have them..

Brazil vs England quarter final was dominated by Rivaldo and Ronaldinho in 2002 World cup.. R9 had a quiet game.. You can imagine if he was relying on a Higuain in such a match...

Roberto Carlos (Best LB in history)
Cafu( Arguably Beast RB in history)
Rivaldo(1 Ballon d'or, 1 other top 3 nomination)
Ronaldinho(1 Ballon d'or, 1 nomination, 1 FIFA award), apart from awards, he is a one man army!!
Kaka( Another Ballon d'or winner)

A stacked team, a stacked generation.. If Neymar has all these top quality teammates, he will have 2 World cup already!!! I guess, Neymar is automatically better than Messi and Ronaldo because of that!! !

Stop overhyping the World cup. Henry won it as a 20 year old.... He could not win it as a peaked player despite belonging to a stacked team!!!

I guess Henry is better than Cruyff too!! !

Carry your hype away!!! World cup is won by a whole team and not by individuals.. You can't use World cup victory to judge who is better or should be the GOAT!!!

I am 100% sure that Giroud never reach Drogba's level!!! But guess who has won the World cup!!

Umtiti will not get to Maldini's level. Guess who has won the World cup

How many World cup did Lee Yashin win?? Why is he called the GOAT of Goalkeepers??! Someone like you will say he is lesser than Neuer or Lloris because of World cup titles??
Abegi!

I guess you know football more than Diouf who recently said " Messi is better than Pele and Maradona".
Google is your friend!!!

You are more professional than Diouf...
You said Messi in La Liga... How many goals did your R9 scored in La Liga, SerieA, Eredivise and UCL combined?? He is highly talented, yes. He was ruined by injury, Yes, He was ruined by weight gain, yes!! He never had 15 years consistency, yes! He had no UCL, yes.. He won 2 World cup in a highly stacked team, yes!! If Samuel Eto'o has the same teamates at National level, he will win 3 World cup.. confirm!!! Stop the overhype!!!! R9 had Arguably best teammates in history of Brazil football.. (1970 Brazil and 1982 Brazil teams are the exception tho)!
What makes messi better than R9.
Ronaldo played against tougher defenders in history of the sport, when football was still very hot, era where you see crazy defenders not now . A lot has made the sport easier my friend . See the way defenders tackled scores then too now , football is now easy. And your messi played in one team. Higuain that broke seria A goal record for a season. That higuain is not good enough. Keep deceiving yourself there , if not for platini and blatter , messi would have lost the second ballon d'or he won. Everything was just barca and messi was favored. Champions league that year he didn't win , world cup he scored no goal. If messi can't play outside barca , he is not a genuine goat, r9 played in psv na , how many players with him then, he was just too much, explosiveness, pace, skills, techniques, goal sense ,both foot feint, balance , i swear messi cant match that, i watch messi play i watch r9 play . Messi played with top guns in Argentina team , Aguero, maria , mascherano they are very good players doing well in their team, that guy na scam, cr7 never even got half of that squad , he still won europa. So , they should shift barca ti Argentina for him. That guy is a scam i swear . If you watch R9 play you won't say messi is better. If greece could win europa with those players, leceister city with those players, and messi you called a goat couldn't win with aguero,
Carlos Tevez ,
Diego Milito, dont forget this is 2010 squad milito was red hot, this ones in midfield Juan Sebastian Veron
Javier Mascherano
Jonas Gutierrez
Angel Di Maria
Maximiliano Rodriguez
Javier Pastore
Defense , samuel walter , heinz, demichelis just imagine , what squad does he want , ..... please just forget this messi r9 argument that guy is a flop outside barca. Even burdisso was part of their defense then bro they were even one of the favorites to win 2010 , messi went and score not even a goal and called him a goat with those players. Check 2010 holland , uruguay team that got to semifinals and finals they dont have a squad as hot as this. Go check yourself and your messi is in this squad. What has he won outside barca as you called him a goat, ordinary copa america he didn't win with this squad again, that unpopular tournament.
Go check korea japan, francr is a very complete team they were dropped in group stage, same with germany in the last tournament so .... Croatia i france 98, how many popular players do they have but they played well, bro say another thing ooo, am here.
Since messi never won wc it is overhyped to you.
Re: Nicolas Pepe Officially Dribbles Past Van Dijk To Shatter His 50-Game Record by m140(m): 3:44pm On Sep 01, 2019
eni4real:

Is Ferdinand the only defender that played well during his time, he is just a jealous one like you, saying who is watching defenders that guy us is high. He is only jealous cus he never went close to winning that kind of award.
Re: Nicolas Pepe Officially Dribbles Past Van Dijk To Shatter His 50-Game Record by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 01, 2019
m140:

Ronaldo played against tougher defenders in history of the sport, when football was still very hot, era where you see crazy defenders not now . A lot has made the sport easier my friend . See the way defenders tackled scores then too now , football is now easy. And your messi played in one team. Higuain that broke seria A goal record for a season. That higuain is not good enough. Keep deceiving yourself there , if not for platini and blatter , messi would have lost the second ballon d'or he won. Everything was just barca and messi was favored. Champions league that year he didn't win , world cup he scored no goal. If messi can't play outside barca , he is not a genuine goat, r9 played in psv na , how many players with him then, he was just too much, explosiveness, pace, skills, techniques, goal sense ,both foot feint, balance , i swear messi cant match that, i watch messi play i watch r9 play . Messi played with top guns in Argentina team , Aguero, maria , mascherano they are very good players doing well in their team, that guy na scam, cr7 never even got half of that squad , he still won europa. So , they should shift barca ti Argentina for him. That guy is a scam i swear . If you watch R9 play you won't say messi is better. If greece could win europa with those players, leceister city with those players, and messi you called a goat couldn't win with aguero,
Carlos Tevez ,
Diego Milito, dont forget this is 2010 squad milito was red hot, this ones in midfield Juan Sebastian Veron
Javier Mascherano
Jonas Gutierrez
Angel Di Maria
Maximiliano Rodriguez
Javier Pastore
Defense , samuel walter , heinz, demichelis just imagine , what squad does he want , ..... please just forget this messi r9 argument that guy is a flop outside barca. Even burdisso was part of their defense then bro they were even one of the favorites to win 2010 , messi went and score not even a goal and called him a goat with those players. Check 2010 holland , uruguay team that got to semifinals and finals they dont have a squad as hot as this. Go check yourself and your messi is in this squad. What has he won outside barca as you called him a goat, ordinary copa america he didn't win with this squad again, that unpopular tournament.
Go check korea japan, francr is a very complete team they were dropped in group stage, same with germany in the last tournament so .... Croatia i france 98, how many popular players do they have but they played well, bro say another thing ooo, am here.
It is becoming a back and forth argument...
Messi won a world Cup golden ball, scoring 4 goals with most MOTM awards in 2014 World cup!!!
. If that is not good enough for you then it means you prefer Griezmann to Ribery... Since Ribery has no international trophy!!
Pele played only in the Brazilian League in 98% of his career! I don't know why Messi faithfulness to Barcelona become an issue now...
You did not say Xavi, Iniesta, Sergio Ramos, Paul Scholes etc are bad players because they plated in one league all their active careers. But you keep blasting Messi for this!! You are just echoing CR7 theory, that dies not mean he is right..

Maldini never played for another club, I don't know why you guys never criticize him.. .

Anyway only Messi get such treatment because of his GOAT stat...

If La liga is that poor, how come Higuain did not set the goal record there instead of in SerieA just answer me. And you used that as an index of how good Higuain.
Just ask Juventus, Milan and Chelsea fans.. They will tell you the essence of Higuain!!! It is not about being great just once... 15 great seasons is the standard now!! !

I am not going to talk about Messi 2010 Ballon d'or because the same criteria applied in Ronaldo 2013 Ballon d'or. It was strictly an individual award and was not based on team trophies ALONE..

How many popular player did France had in 98?? Really.. I think the problem here is that, club football was not visible to us in Africa until in the 2000's when digital TV came along...
France 98-00 team is regarded as the best/complete team in history together with Brazil 70, Spain 08-12 and Barcelona 08-10!!!!

Do you know that Zizou did not score in the whole tournament until the final... His contribution was more on the creative part... All players include defenders were world class..
Fabian Barthez, Thuram, Petit, Makalele, Viera, Zizou, Deschamp(c), Pires, Henry Trezeguet, Wiltord etc just to mention a few.. It was a stacked team...
A team that destroyed another stacked team with peak R9. C'mon you can't be serious!!!
Re: Nicolas Pepe Officially Dribbles Past Van Dijk To Shatter His 50-Game Record by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 01, 2019
m140:

Is Ferdinand the only defender that played well during his time, he is just a jealous one like you, saying who is watching defenders that guy us is high. He is only jealous cus he never went close to winning that kind of award.
Once again you have more football knowledge than Ferdinand!!!

He said "not against a player who is scoring 50 goals+ a season, a stat that was never heard of until 15years ago"
Re: Nicolas Pepe Officially Dribbles Past Van Dijk To Shatter His 50-Game Record by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 01, 2019
m140:

Carlos Tevez ,
Javier Mascherano
Jonas Gutierrez
Angel Di Maria
Maximiliano Rodriguez
Javier Pastore
Are you referring to the same team coached by Maradona The most successful coach in history

1 Like

Re: Nicolas Pepe Officially Dribbles Past Van Dijk To Shatter His 50-Game Record by m140(m): 6:50pm On Sep 01, 2019
eni4real:
Once again you have more football knowledge than Ferdinand!!!

He said "not against a player who is scoring 50 goals+ a season, a stat that was never heard of until 15years ago"
Anyone can have football knowledge than Ferdinand, cus he is once a footballer doesn't mean he knows all. I disagree with him , is football all about goals alone , is it only the striker that plays the game of football. Its a team work .so any player in any position can win it.
Re: Nicolas Pepe Officially Dribbles Past Van Dijk To Shatter His 50-Game Record by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 01, 2019
m140:

Anyone can have football knowledge than Ferdinand, cus he is once a footballer doesn't mean he knows all. I disagree with him , is football all about goals alone , is it only the striker that plays the game of football. Its a team work .so any player in any position can win it.
Really?? You have football knowledge more than a GOAT of defender!! Man united defence GOAT??

Which aspect of football do you know more than him??

Attack, midfield, defence goalkeeping, management, dressing room, transfer, training, form, diet, contribution?? C'mon..

Even football journalist know that they are mere analyst and theorist... They will never have 10% knowledge of what football profession entails compared to the real professionals !!!

Sorry to say, Osimhen knows football more than me and you!!! Let alone GOAT of Man united defence like Ferdinand!! You are very funny grin grin
Re: Nicolas Pepe Officially Dribbles Past Van Dijk To Shatter His 50-Game Record by m140(m): 7:14pm On Sep 01, 2019
eni4real:
It is becoming a back and forth argument...
Messi won a world Cup golden ball, scoring 4 goals with most MOTM awards in 2014 World cup!!!
. If that is not good enough for you then it means you prefer Griezmann to Ribery... Since Ribery has no international trophy!!
Pele played only in the Brazilian League in 98% of his career! I don't know why Messi faithfulness to Barcelona become an issue now...
You did not say Xavi, Iniesta, Sergio Ramos, Paul Scholes etc are bad players because they plated in one league all their active careers. But you keep blasting Messi for this!! You are just echoing CR7 theory, that dies not mean he is right..

Maldini never played for another club, I don't know why you guys never criticize him.. .

Anyway only Messi get such treatment because of his GOAT stat...

If La liga is that poor, how come Higuain did not set the goal record there instead of in SerieA just answer me. And you used that as an index of how good Higuain.
Just ask Juventus, Milan and Chelsea fans.. They will tell you the essence of Higuain!!! It is not about being great just once... 15 great seasons is the standard now!! !

I am not going to talk about Messi 2010 Ballon d'or because the same criteria applied in Ronaldo 2013 Ballon d'or. It was strictly an individual award and was not based on team trophies ALONE..

How many popular player did France had in 98?? Really.. I think the problem here is that, club football was not visible to us in Africa until in the 2000's when digital TV came along...
France 98-00 team is regarded as the best/complete team in history together with Brazil 70, Spain 08-12 and Barcelona 08-10!!!!

Do you know that Zizou did not score in the whole tournament until the final... His contribution was more on the creative part... All players include defenders were world class..
Fabian Barthez, Thuram, Petit, Makalele, Viera, Zizou, Deschamp(c), Pires, Henry Trezeguet, Wiltord etc just to mention a few.. It was a stacked team...
A team that destroyed another stacked team with peak R9. C'mon you can't be serious!!!

Pele played in a club ,he did well for both club and country, this messi did not do. Again messi was better than wesley for 2010 you must be joking. People like you are the ones making the effort of mid fielders look like nothing cus of the goals strikers scores now. I can tell you well that brazil played better than France in France 98 wc. France ain't the best team for that tournament. Bros you only going to google to bring stats, please use YouTube well i beg, its like you didn't really watch this matches live. So higuain hasn't been scoring in laliga. Okay leave higuain, what about milito, tevez and aguero. Xavi, iniesta ,ramos did well for club and country did messi do such. This generation sha, these guys won wc, europa mehn. Was there a time Argentina doesn't have good players. Messi just only good on barca shirt i will keep saying this. I prefer mbappe to griezman and ribery anytime anyday,Well composed and shots well. His contribution at the attack is better off ribery. Its been very vital at that young age. He played well. You didn't made mention of greece team 2004 Europe , they won the trophy with wat set of players, if messi was in that team people like you would have said he singled handed won it for them. Since xavi iniesta left how many ucl has barca won , his goals stat should have won another one na. 2010 was wesley, ucl ,wc .... during zizous , r9 prime messi wont win a balloon d'or one e no go win. R9 to messi, R9 not a one club wonder ooo, i beg you
Re: Nicolas Pepe Officially Dribbles Past Van Dijk To Shatter His 50-Game Record by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 01, 2019
m140:

Pele played in a club ,he did well for both club and country, this messi did not do. Again messi was better than wesley for 2010 you must be joking. People like you are the ones making the effort of mid fielders look like nothing cus of the goals strikers scores now. I can tell you well that brazil played better than France in France 98 wc. France ain't the best team for that tournament. Bros you only going to google to bring stats, please use YouTube well i beg, its like you didn't really watch this matches live. So higuain hasn't been scoring in laliga. Okay leave higuain, what about milito, tevez and aguero. Xavi, iniesta ,ramos did well for club and country did messi do such. This generation sha, these guys won wc, europa mehn. Was there a time Argentina doesn't have good players. Messi just only good on barca shirt i will keep saying this. I prefer mbappe to griezman and ribery anytime anyday,Well composed and shots well. His contribution at the attack is better off ribery. Its been very vital at that young age. He played well. You didn't made mention of greece team 2004 Europe , they won the trophy with wat set of players, if messi was in that team people like you would have said he singled handed won it for them. Since xavi iniesta left how many ucl has barca won , his goals stat should have won another one na. 2010 was wesley, ucl ,wc .... during zizous , r9 prime messi wont win a balloon d'or one e no go win. R9 to messi, R9 not a one club wonder ooo, i beg you
For both club and country?? Brazil won 1962 World cup without Pele after he was injured, playing just 1 game in the group stage!!

He had a team that could win the World cup without him...

Amarillo replaced him and still score 4 goals in the tournament... Garrincha became the star of the team and end up win the World cup golden ball!!!

I agree that Pele is the best player of the Pre-Competitive era but the '3' world cup trophies was not just won by him!!!

Mbappe- like in 1958
Dembele - like in 1962
Flopped In 1966 (of course the team was getting old)
R9-like, in 1970 ( Jarzinho scored in all games of the World cup Golden boot tho)..

Pele is a reflection of a golden generation of Brazil he did not win the "3" World cup trophies on his own ability!!!
Re: Nicolas Pepe Officially Dribbles Past Van Dijk To Shatter His 50-Game Record by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 01, 2019
m140:

I am waiting for the day you will call Drogba a flop and an international disgrace because he could not win an international trophy for Cote dvoire!! He will never be the Ivory Coast GOAT

I am waiting for the day you will call Cruyff a fake Netherland GOAT for not winning the World cup despite having the World cup golden ball!!!

I am waiting for the day you will call Puskas a fake Hungarian GOAT, because he fail to win the World cup despite having the World cup golden boot

I am waiting for the day you will say that Bobby Charlton is better than Eusebio because he won the World cup!!!

I am waiting for the day you will say Kanu is just club player and an international disgrace for not winning an international trophy.. He will never be the GOAT of Nigerian football..

I am waiting for the day you will say Varane far better than Maldini for winning the World cup.. Maldini will never be a GOAT of a defender, he is just an Ac Milan Legend!! !

I am waiting for the day you will rate Pavard over Sagnol..

Or Lucas Digne over Abidal because of World cup trophy!!! I am waiting...
Re: Nicolas Pepe Officially Dribbles Past Van Dijk To Shatter His 50-Game Record by m140(m): 8:02pm On Sep 01, 2019
eni4real:
For both club and country?? Brazil won 1962 World cup without Pele after he was injured, playing just 1 game in the group stage!!

He had a team that could win the World cup without him...

Amarillo replaced him and still score 4 goals in the tournament... Garrincha became the star of the team and end up win the World cup golden ball!!!

I agree that Pele is the best player of the Pre-Competitive era but the '3' world cup trophies was not just won by him!!!

Mbappe- like in 1958
Dembele - like in 1962
Flopped In 1966 (of course the team was getting old)
R9-like, in 1970 ( Jarzinho scored in all games of the World cup Golden boot tho)..

Pele is a reflection of a golden generation of Brazil he did not win the "3" World cup trophies on his own ability!!!
Those guys are goat in their country. But overall football remove messi and cr7. Maradona, pele, r9,r10,z10 those that played well for country and club side , not just one club alone please.
Individually R9 >>>M10 thats mine. Am not telling you to agree with me., but thats what i see.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Meet The Top 10 Sexiest Premier League Footballers, Ronaldo Is Just 123rd (Pics) / Deontay Wilder Sends Scathing Message To Anthony Joshua After Andy Ruiz Defeat / Pictures Of Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar And Others In 40 Years Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.