Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,449 members, 7,850,568 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:42 AM

Gov Ayade Knighted By Catholic Church, Promises Greater Service To Humanity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gov Ayade Knighted By Catholic Church, Promises Greater Service To Humanity (350 Views)

Pope Francis Issues Dire Warning To Humanity ( Pics) / Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos / Adewale Martins: Mbaka May Be Barred From Preaching By Catholic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Ayade Knighted By Catholic Church, Promises Greater Service To Humanity by offiong187: 6:12pm On Aug 25, 2019
Gov Ayade Knighted by Catholic Church, promises greater service to humanity

Cross River State Governor, Professor Ben Ayade was at the weekend inducted into the noble order of the Knight of St. John of the Catholic Church.

The event took place at the Sacred Heart Cathedral, the seat of the Metropolitan Arch-Diocese of Calabar.
Speaking after a thanksgiving service, Ayade indicated that his new status as a Knight dwarfs
all other achievements he has attained in his life.

He described his investiture as "a very solemn thing and very emotional thing. It is a rededication of my life and service to humanity.

“I think it is the highest point one can rise to when you have risen above the physical, the material and the mundane and worldly things. It is highly edifying in spirit and in soul.

“From the lectures I got during my initiation process, it is obvious that the knight of St.John is about charity, empathy and brotherhood. Brotherhood in the sense of provision and support for humanity.This is actually a call for greater service to humanity and winning of souls for God.”

He expressed gratitude to God for His favours and blessing in his life, saying nothing could be more rewarding than serving God.
His words: "My Knighthood represents a new life, a new journey towards God, putting everything I have towards the attainment of the whole essence of mankind; bringing value to humanity and getting closer to God.

"I'm very lucky that God has allowed me attain heights-university, PhD, Professor, Lawyer, Senator and now governor. I have never spent a day in the hospital. God has been fair enough to me.

“I have passed 50 years and it is time for me to know that the journey to my end is shorter than where I am coming from. All the achievements would not have been possible without God, so it is time for God.”
While pledging to continue to provide quality leadership to the people of Cross River, the governor enthused that knighthood is inspirational and a platform to get closer to God.

"I will use my office as the governor to serve God and humanity. Irrespective of religion, God is the ultimate. That is why I chose spiritual growth, spiritual highness above other considerations. In all the titles I have acquired, none means more to me than "Sir" Ben Ayade.”

Re: Gov Ayade Knighted By Catholic Church, Promises Greater Service To Humanity by Officialgarri: 6:19pm On Aug 25, 2019
Did he not see how humble Amaechi looked when being Knighted?

Why does this one now look like an Undertaker or the Butcher of a fraternity?
Re: Gov Ayade Knighted By Catholic Church, Promises Greater Service To Humanity by offiong187: 6:20pm On Aug 25, 2019
Lol. How do butchers of confraternity look?
Re: Gov Ayade Knighted By Catholic Church, Promises Greater Service To Humanity by Officialgarri: 6:21pm On Aug 25, 2019
offiong187:
Lol. How do butchers of confraternity look?
Like the image you posted
Re: Gov Ayade Knighted By Catholic Church, Promises Greater Service To Humanity by Homeboiy: 6:40pm On Aug 25, 2019
They still get governor for CRS
Re: Gov Ayade Knighted By Catholic Church, Promises Greater Service To Humanity by offiong187: 8:37pm On Aug 25, 2019
Experience has taught you well my friend

(1) (Reply)

Pastor E.A Adeboye Speaks On RUGA At CAN Security Summit / Ladies Seen Receiving Deliverance By Water From A Pipe By A Man Of God / A Pastor Who Claims To Be Jesus Christ Dies After 30 Days Fasting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.