Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,303 members, 7,819,025 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Is it wise to celebrate wedding ceremony excessively? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is it wise to celebrate wedding ceremony excessively? (699 Views)

Photos From Wedding Ceremony Of Delta Man And His Two Pregnant Brides / My 8days Old Baby Sucks Breast Excessively / Is It Wise For A Man To Marry A Divorcee Who Has 3 Little Kids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is it wise to celebrate wedding ceremony excessively? by Smile4mee01: 9:06pm On Aug 25, 2019
These days its frequent to see or read news like

Wife stabs husband to death.
Husband use wife for ritual.
Wife poisons husband to elope with boyfriend.
Husband discovers all his children are not his after 25 yrs of marriage.
Etc

All marriages often start out happy with celebration and often many prayers. Is it not wise to rather keep things on the low and better observe and then celebrate 30,40 or 50 yrs of marriage.

Regardless of how well you claim to know your spouse you never really know the future. Let's not over spittualize
These things. Most failed marriages had pastors/Imams bless the marriage and elders advice. Some even do councelling.

A colleague at work had an elaborate wedding 2 yrs ago. Had a Big Big wedding blessed with a child . Things went south. They divorced. Just last month he was sacked. While I am unhappy about what happened , it forces me to think deep if an elaborate excessively happy dancing couple is needed.
Re: Is it wise to celebrate wedding ceremony excessively? by Nigga44: 9:54pm On Aug 25, 2019
Lolz
Re: Is it wise to celebrate wedding ceremony excessively? by Smile4mee01: 10:13pm On Aug 25, 2019
Nigga44:
Lolz

Brother... my thinking be as e get abi.

The whole matter weak me.
Re: Is it wise to celebrate wedding ceremony excessively? by mysticwarrior(m): 6:26am On Aug 26, 2019
Celebrate a low budget wedding, after the marriage take a reasonable amount of money go to old peoples home, give them bags of rice, tuber of yams, garri, give them money, bottles of Honey, bags of bottled water, adult diapers, After that knee down with your wife let the old people pray for your marriage to last beyond old age, peaceful marriage, happy marriage, everlasting love in the marriage, understanding between each other, financial upliftment, stability, prosperity, good children that will grow up and take good care of you in your old age. My brother if you can do this, then you have laid a good foundation for happy marriage, "the prayer of happy old men and women is powerful and very very effective.
Re: Is it wise to celebrate wedding ceremony excessively? by babythug(f): 2:36pm On Aug 26, 2019
To each his own in my opinion.

The mode of celebrating the marriage or wedding isn’t a determinant in the success of a marriage!

What is loud and elaborate to you might be simple to another especially when cost is not a problem!

Many Europeans and even Nigerians have had simple and inexpensive ceremonies but still got separated shortly after or years after.
The success of a marriage is more to do with the characters of the couple and their determination to make it work or otherwise

Sometimes you give it a good shot but it still turns out shitty!

Just do your best and leave the rest

2 Likes

Re: Is it wise to celebrate wedding ceremony excessively? by babythug(f): 2:39pm On Aug 26, 2019
mysticwarrior:
Celebrate a low budget wedding, after the marriage take a reasonable amount of money go to old peoples home, give them bags of rice, tuber of yams, garri, give them money, bottles of Honey, bags of bottled water, adult diapers, After that knee down with your wife let the old people pray for your marriage to last beyond old age, peaceful marriage, happy marriage, everlasting love in the marriage, understanding between each other, financial upliftment, stability, prosperity, good children that will grow up and take good care of you in your old age. My brother if you can do this, then you have laid a good foundation for happy marriage, "the prayer of happy old men and women is powerful and very very effective.

Good idea but still not necessarily the key to a successful marriage!

Afterall the old people in the couple’s own family Would have prayed for the success of the marriage so to speak!

Moreso one can have an elaborate wedding and still visit old people’s home with gifts
Re: Is it wise to celebrate wedding ceremony excessively? by mysticwarrior(m): 4:24pm On Aug 26, 2019
babythug:

Good idea but still not necessarily the key to a successful marriage!

Afterall the old people in the couple’s own family Would have prayed for the success of the marriage so to speak!

Moreso one can have an elaborate wedding and still visit old people’s home with gifts
yes you are right, you can spend a lot on a wedding and still give to the old, but note that note every old people in your family wish you well, they may not like your spouse and pray for you physically but go behind to use diabolic means to wreck your marriage, family witches na them.
Re: Is it wise to celebrate wedding ceremony excessively? by larryking540: 4:33pm On Aug 26, 2019
it's cool to celebrate a big wedding but pls my father said I should tell u not to borrow even if u wan borrow it should not b more than 5k,
Re: Is it wise to celebrate wedding ceremony excessively? by larryking540: 4:35pm On Aug 26, 2019
mysticwarrior:
yes you are right, you can spend a lot on a wedding and still give to the old, but note that note every old people in your family wish you well, they may not like your spouse and pray for you physically but go behind to use diabolic means to wreck your marriage, family witches na them.
I tire o,
pastor don pray for d wedding, u wan still go meet old people, u like problem sha,except say ur pastor na small boy, no problem u fit meet d old people make day break egg for ur head
Re: Is it wise to celebrate wedding ceremony excessively? by mysticwarrior(m): 7:41pm On Aug 26, 2019
larryking540:

I tire o,
pastor don pray for d wedding, u wan still go meet old people, u like problem sha,except say ur pastor na small boy, no problem u fit meet d old people make day break egg for ur head
dey there make pant dey wear you, there are fake pastors everywhere now if you don't know, some of these pastors sleep with married women and will still use that hand to pray for you, oga wake up.
Re: Is it wise to celebrate wedding ceremony excessively? by larryking540: 11:24pm On Aug 26, 2019
mysticwarrior:
dey there make pant dey wear you, there are fake pastors everywhere now if you don't know, some of these pastors sleep with married women and will still use that hand to pray for you, oga wake up.
in as much there are fake pastors around, there are also some genuine ones search properly, if people could come from far and near to tb Joshua church, accommodating both foreigners and locals in 9ja, will u tag him a fake pastor?,
sometimes we don't have to generalize, the government are bad doesn't mean the whole government of every nation is also bad
Re: Is it wise to celebrate wedding ceremony excessively? by centilad(m): 7:00am On Aug 27, 2019
Spy/Watch your staff/kids/nannies.. even in your absence over Wi-Fi Wireless CCTV Camera
08128410762 Call/WhatsApp

(1) (Reply)

Inalilahi Wainailaihirojiuna / About To Buy A New Tv, What Brand Will You Want Me To Go For? / Psychic Reading For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.