Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,680 members, 7,809,575 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

What Viable Business Can N500k Start In Port Harcourt? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Viable Business Can N500k Start In Port Harcourt? (37017 Views)

Which Viable Business Can I Start With N150k To N200k? / 16 Businesses To Start In Nigeria With N50,000 Or Less / What Viable Business Can I Start With About N20 Million In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Viable Business Can N500k Start In Port Harcourt? by ednut1(m): 9:52pm On Aug 27, 2019
Iamgrey5:
I believe they pay the rate immediately your money is deducted if you buy the t bills directly through the primary market.

There are 90 days, 180days and 365 days

Rates are discounted, So whatever rate is given is divided by 12

And the rate is not fixed, it fluctuates with inflation.

What you describe is how interest is paid a fixed deposit account.
a 90day tbill at current rate gives him 11k interest. What the hell is that gonna do

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Viable Business Can N500k Start In Port Harcourt? by Elfather12: 9:53pm On Aug 27, 2019
Try and get a small shop near any major junction like Rumuokoro , Rumuagholu or any junction u are closed to , go to onitcha market, buy plastic containers like water drums rubber plates bowls, just start with that first.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Viable Business Can N500k Start In Port Harcourt? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 27, 2019
nextstep:
The best "business" with 500k in this Buhari era is just fixed deposits/treasury bills where you're guaranteed interest with very little risk.

Everything else, in my opinion, will cause you to work too hard for too little gain. After all the businesses you can start with 500k today, you are lucky to see consistent 2-5k profit weekly. Reason am: 500k @12% = 60k. Just my own sha...

U do realize the 12% profit on t-bills is on a per annum cruise?
meaning the 60k u are looking at is what he will spend for a year while his 500k is tied down at the bank....

no let the guy result to buying sniper when the 60k remain 500naira by the second month oooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Viable Business Can N500k Start In Port Harcourt? by osazsky(m): 9:55pm On Aug 27, 2019
Kids that have not seen anything will just be shouting 500k na money meanwhile thier parents still give them money to go and pay nepa bill,pls go into agric ,buying and selling considering ur capital, instead of renting a shop look for buyers and be supplying them from d north very lucrative

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Viable Business Can N500k Start In Port Harcourt? by Iamgrey5(m): 9:56pm On Aug 27, 2019
ednut1:
a 90day tbill at current rate gives him 11k interest. What the hell is that gonna do
It's something now grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Viable Business Can N500k Start In Port Harcourt? by Destiny6979(m): 9:57pm On Aug 27, 2019
U can as well go to nasarawa state and buy melon for storage and thank me later

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Viable Business Can N500k Start In Port Harcourt? by akp202(m): 9:58pm On Aug 27, 2019
colestephan86:

Palm oil. Start Palm oil business , you will thank me latter
could u elaborate on this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Viable Business Can N500k Start In Port Harcourt? by osazsky(m): 9:58pm On Aug 27, 2019
ednut1:
the guy still dey sch ignore him maybe he heard 12% from one of his fellow friends who is studying accounting,treasury bill is not for d poor and u use only spare money on it,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Viable Business Can N500k Start In Port Harcourt? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 27, 2019
osazsky:
Nobody should mention treasury bill here,its not for the poor u only enjoy it when u invest 27m and above cuz they normally spread d interest I have a friend who used 27m,he gets monies in 100 with his capital still intact but I still fill it's for lazy people sha
You really don't need millions to have investments here and there. There are different portfolios if you visit a Merchant Bank. FSDH holdings has a portfolio called 'Treasury Bill Fund' and you can start with as low as 5k a month, per annum. I can't recall the interest rate, but it should be around 11% if I am not exaggerating. You should check them out sha.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Viable Business Can N500k Start In Port Harcourt? by Logobenz3: 9:59pm On Aug 27, 2019
osazsky:
Kids that have not seen anything will just be shouting 500k na money meanwhile thier parents still give them money to go and pay nepa bill,pls go into agric ,buying and selling considering ur capital, instead of renting a shop look for buyers and be supplying them from d north very lucrative
500k no be small money but a guy said "imagine 500k can't start a mouth watering business.that naija is finished"
That is what triggered my laughter.

Watch your mouth!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Viable Business Can N500k Start In Port Harcourt? by jubrilcastle(m): 10:00pm On Aug 27, 2019
talk2oxii:
Please I Need Help; What Viable Business Can #500k Start In Portharcourt

I lost my bank job of over 4 years early this year. My efforts towards securing another job since then has been futile. I've invested in all sorts of online business but none yielded reasonably.

I have resolved to set up a business with my only savings of N500k here in Port Harcourt.

Great Nairalanders especially those resident in Port Harcourt, I've come for your advice. What business (NOT ONLINE) can I start with my 500k savings here in Port Harcourt?.

God bless as you advise
Car washing business. I know back then it's lucrative. Though I'm no longer in ph. Try and make more inquiry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Viable Business Can N500k Start In Port Harcourt? by Joevics(m): 10:01pm On Aug 27, 2019
Wheezy123:

Start up a blog with atleast 20k, designing the blog is another thing as everything will cost approximately 70-100k. Post consistently and make your blog lively and interesting. The more traffic you get, the more your money piles up. The least average blogger earns atleast $500 dollars per month.
Yea. Its that easy. Just write contents and you will become a millionaire.

Let me ask you. Are you a millionaire?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Viable Business Can N500k Start In Port Harcourt? by Grupo(m): 10:02pm On Aug 27, 2019
nextstep:
The best "business" with 500k in this Buhari era is just fixed deposits/treasury bills where you're guaranteed interest with very little risk.

Everything else, in my opinion, will cause you to work too hard for too little gain. After all the businesses you can start with 500k today, you are lucky to see consistent 2-5k profit weekly. Reason am: 500k @12% = 60k. Just my own sha...

Hope you know the 12% is for one year, right?

Can you live on 60k for one year?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Viable Business Can N500k Start In Port Harcourt? by osazsky(m): 10:03pm On Aug 27, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
You really don't need millions to have investments here and there. There are different portfolios if you visit a Merchant Bank. FSDH holdings has a portfolio called 'Treasury Bill Fund' and you can start with as low as 5k a month, per annum. I can't recall the interest rate, but it should be around 11% if I am not exaggerating. You should check them out sha.
oga u only go into treasury bill with spear money,someone said he has only 500k u are saying treasury bill which is 6k every month when u spread it,y not advice him to buy shares with d 500k and wait

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Viable Business Can N500k Start In Port Harcourt? by alizma: 10:03pm On Aug 27, 2019
talk2oxii:

I lost my bank job of over 4 years early this year. My efforts towards securing another job since then has been futile. I've invested in all sorts of online business but none yielded reasonably.

I have resolved to set up a business with my only savings of N500k here in Port Harcourt.

Great Nairalanders especially those resident in Port Harcourt, I've come for your advice. What business (NOT ONLINE) can I start with my 500k savings here in Port Harcourt?.

God bless as you advise
Are you good in business or you want to go into business because you are out of job? If you are good in business. Choose a location for us to meet and discuss or share your contact

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Viable Business Can N500k Start In Port Harcourt? by osazsky(m): 10:05pm On Aug 27, 2019
Joevics:

Yea. Its that easy. Just write contents and you will become a millionaire.

Let me ask you. Are you a millionaire?
Nigerians will just be causing confusion, he didn't see the part were he said he has done many things online and it didn't work for him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Viable Business Can N500k Start In Port Harcourt? by Britishcoins(m): 10:05pm On Aug 27, 2019
ednut1:
Bros be careful o. 500k self cant do any better business in this 9ja o. Lord help us

It is a lie, 500k can do much unless the guy is married with many kids to feed. I started my business with just 350k yesterday made it a month and my profit is above 50k. It is just God's grace and having knowledge about business because I went to apprenticeship. With my determination and God's grace my shop will soon have branches. The secret of any successful business is God and good location.... Cheer

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Viable Business Can N500k Start In Port Harcourt? by Jimasun: 10:06pm On Aug 27, 2019
Wheezy123:

Start up a blog with atleast 20k, designing the blog is another thing as everything will cost approximately 70-100k. Post consistently and make your blog lively and interesting. The more traffic you get, the more your money piles up. The least average blogger earns atleast $500 dollars per month.
A blog can't cost more than 20k if he starts small

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Viable Business Can N500k Start In Port Harcourt? by Jimasun: 10:07pm On Aug 27, 2019
osazsky:
Nigerians will just be causing confusion, he didn't see the part were he said he has done many things online and it didn't work for him
Because it failed before doesn't mean it would fail again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Viable Business Can N500k Start In Port Harcourt? by osazsky(m): 10:09pm On Aug 27, 2019
Britishcoins:

It is a lie, 500k can do much unless the guy is married with many kids to feed. I started my business with just 350k yesterday made it a month and my profit is above 50k. It is just God's grace and having knowledge about business because I went to apprenticeship. With my determination and God's grace my shop will soon have branches. The secret of any successful business is God and good location.... Cheer
ignore those people,just leave them make them dey rant

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Viable Business Can N500k Start In Port Harcourt? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 27, 2019
osazsky:
oga u only go into treasury bill with spear money,someone said he has only 500k u are saying treasury bill which is 6k every month when u spread it,y not advice him to buy shares and wait
My comment was to change your initial stand that investments are for the rich. Treasury Bill is a government bond. The one I mentioned is Treasury Bill Fund. Both are different.

That said, there are portfolios he, or anyone could go for. It's actually better than leaving your money in your savings account that does not yield interest for you at the end of the day/year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Viable Business Can N500k Start In Port Harcourt? by Joevics(m): 10:10pm On Aug 27, 2019
talk2oxii:

God bless as you advise

Start service businesses. I will advice investing in a laundry and barbing shop.
* The laundry can cost you about 300k. You can run it yourself.

*Open a barbing shop with the remaining 200k and have the barber pay you a fixed amount weekly.

However if you want to invest the whole money in a single business, then I will advice you open a boutique.
All the guys I know in trans Amadi that had boutiques are big boys today with very large stores.

500k can go a long way in establishing a big shop. You should always consider the location for all the stated businesses.

Good luck.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Viable Business Can N500k Start In Port Harcourt? by Offpoint: 10:11pm On Aug 27, 2019
talk2oxii:
Lalasticlala please help me get this to the right audience
I would have given you some good online business you can start if you have a laptop, but since you said NO ONLINE biz I'll pass.

If you can risk less than $50 quote me... note you're not paying me the money. you're going to do everything yourself before dem term me scammer.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Viable Business Can N500k Start In Port Harcourt? by osazsky(m): 10:15pm On Aug 27, 2019
Joevics:

Start service businesses. I will advice investing in a laundry and barbing shop.
* The laundry can cost you about 300k. You can run it yourself.

*Open a barbing shop with the remaining 200k and have the barber pay you a fixed amount weekly.

However if you want to invest the whole money in a single business, then I will advice you open a boutique.
All the guys I know in trans Amadi that had boutiques are big boys today with very large stores.

500k can go a long way in establishing a big shop. You should always consider the location for all the stated businesses.

Good luck.
nice one,but for d laundry he has to be hardworking, and light issue too cuz of ironing,he can get s good hisence automatic washing machine for 70k, and its friendly with even small gen but what of ironing considering d fact dat nepa nor dey exist again
Re: What Viable Business Can N500k Start In Port Harcourt? by Binsugar10: 10:17pm On Aug 27, 2019
talk2oxii:

God bless as you advise
Dear,
With 500k, you can do much even in this economy.
What if I tell you that you can make at least 100k each month by investing 350k.
You might think it's a scam or not possible.
It's 100% legit and possibly!
Exportation will surprise you.
The most important things you need here to start include;
1. A good Knowledge of the products and business (I can get you ther).
2. A registered business with both CAC (corporate affairs commission and NEPC (Nigerian exporting promoting council.
3. Register with any b2b platform of your choice (but I would recommend globalbuyersonline to fit your budget).
4. A mobile phone to answer calls
5. Internet enabled device (your Android device can do the work needed)
6. email address.
7. Business or personal bank account.
If your are interested, I will explain more in detail.

2 Likes

Re: What Viable Business Can N500k Start In Port Harcourt? by osazsky(m): 10:19pm On Aug 27, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
My comment was to change your initial stand that investments are for the rich. Treasury Bill is a government bond. The one I mentioned is Treasury Bill Fund. Both are different.

That said, there are portfolios he, or anyone could go for. It's actually better than leaving your money in your savings account that does not yield interest for you at the end of the day/year.
there are businesses u will do with 500k if u are hard working u can b making 60k every month I just feel 6k a month is too small for someone who has worked in d bank before ,,
Re: What Viable Business Can N500k Start In Port Harcourt? by Johnjnr(m): 10:19pm On Aug 27, 2019
You are looking for advice on nairaland, hahahhahahaahha. Persons that have something to tell you won't even comment, 99% of persons advising you don't even have a business.
You can not give what you don't have.
For you not to know what to do with 500k I bet you, you may not succeed in business. even legit businesses fail talk more of this once am seeing.

Note 500k is even too much to start a business.

Make I advice you, commot 5k from that money buy this books I recommend, no be person go advice you.

The richest man in Babylon
Zero to one
Think and grow rich
The intelligent investor
Increasing your financial intelligence
Rich dad poor dad.

No tell me thank you

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Viable Business Can N500k Start In Port Harcourt? by Logobenz3: 10:22pm On Aug 27, 2019
Johnjnr:
You are looking for advice on nairaland, hahahhahahaahha. Persons that have something to tell you won't even comment, 99% of persons advising you don't even have a business.
You can not give what you don't have.
For you not to know what to do with 500k I bet you, you may not succeed in business. even legit businesses fail talk more of this once am seeing.

Note 500k is even too much to start a business.

Make I advice you, commot 5k from that money buy this books I recommend, no be person go advice you.

The richest man in Babylon
Zero to one
Think and grow rich
The intelligent investor
Increasing your financial intelligence
Rich dad poor dad.

No tell me thank you
lol,thank you.
Them no dey show person business!
Sad truth I swear.Na for him to look for what he can do,learn and adapt.
Finished!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Viable Business Can N500k Start In Port Harcourt? by Iamgrey5(m): 10:22pm On Aug 27, 2019
osazsky:
the guy still dey sch ignore him maybe he heard 12% from one of his fellow friends who is studying accounting,treasury bill is not for d poor and u use only spare money on it,
Is something wrong with your abilities to read?

I simply left him because I felt he understood my point.

90 days is quite different from 365 days

I said rate are paid upfront not the way ednut described it.

Rates are discounted.

Hence, 500000× 9.7%(current rates)÷ 12× 3(90 days) but interest is paid upfront.

489000 is deducted from his account instead of 500000 once the bid is successful.

What he described is how interest rate is paid on fixed deposit account by commercial banks.

cc ednut1

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

(HOT) How to Make MONEY the way BANKS do using VTU / Countries With The Highest Number Of Millionaires In Africa In 2023 / Fatima Dangote Glows At Her Bridal Shower (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.