Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

What's The Big Fuse About Ikoyi Registry - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's The Big Fuse About Ikoyi Registry (1824 Views)

Beautiful Lady Weds Her Oyinbo Husband At The Ikoyi Registry Lagos (Pics/Video) / Foreigner Flies To Nigeria To Wed His Lover At Ikoyi Registry (video) / 22-Year-Old Man Marries His 48-Year-Old Oyibo Girlfriend At Ikoyi Registry Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Big Fuse About Ikoyi Registry by Capriconaziz(m): 6:59pm On Aug 26, 2019
My fiancee is causing drama because i refused her request to do our registry at Ikoyi registry. She even threatened to quit the relationship if i don't bend to her wish. Sometimes i used to wonder who will be the man in the home. Pls what's the big deal about Ikoyi registry that other marriage registries don't have?
Re: What's The Big Fuse About Ikoyi Registry by faithfull18(f): 7:14pm On Aug 26, 2019
Capriconaziz:
My fiancee is causing drama because i refused her request to do our registry at Ikoyi registry. She even threatened to quit the relationship if i don't bend to her wish. Sometimes i used to wonder who will be the man in the home. Pls what's the big deal about Ikoyi registry that other marriage registries don't have?
Na wa o. It's popular.
Re: What's The Big Fuse About Ikoyi Registry by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 26, 2019
Capriconaziz:

No biggie... it’s just a trending thing.. she will want you guys to snap in front of that green sign board like others do... but mostly shaa People do it cos some embassy accepts marriage documentation from there more than other local government..
Re: What's The Big Fuse About Ikoyi Registry by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 26, 2019
Slay queens like it there.
Re: What's The Big Fuse About Ikoyi Registry by biggy00000(m): 4:37am On Aug 27, 2019
Bros insist u don't want Ikoyi registry. Although, you would have to compromise some other things for that o.
Also, your location/ reason can determine how much resistance you can mount.
Besides, what is the itinerary for your wedding -- registry; reception OR registry, church and reception?
If it is the latter, you might need only marriage licence from your LG(DEPENDING ON THE CHURCH TO CONDUCT THE WEDDING)
for her to "threaten" calling off the wedding for something as trivial as IKOYI REGISTRY; you two still need counselling / plenty books to read.

ALL THE BEST IN YOUR NEW DAWN. HAPPY MARRIED LIFE
Re: What's The Big Fuse About Ikoyi Registry by Capriconaziz(m): 6:25am On Aug 27, 2019
biggy00000:
Bros insist u don't want Ikoyi registry. Although, you would have to compromise some other things for that o.
Also, your location/ reason can determine how much resistance you can mount.
Besides, what is the itinerary for your wedding -- registry; reception OR registry, church and reception?
If it is the latter, you might need only marriage licence from your LG(DEPENDING ON THE CHURCH TO CONDUCT THE WEDDING)
for her to "threaten" calling off the wedding for something as trivial as IKOYI REGISTRY; you two still need counselling / plenty books to read.

ALL THE BEST IN YOUR NEW DAWN. HAPPY MARRIED LIFE

Bro. Its only traditional wedding and registry but d registry comes first. She stays in Ikorodu and they have a very unpredictable road on a weekday coupled with how some family members will cause delay on that day. Am also to provide transportation for them which is on d high side for me. I wanted a lowkey wedding but women always have other paparazzi plans during wedding not minding ur pocket and stress.
Re: What's The Big Fuse About Ikoyi Registry by Capriconaziz(m): 6:27am On Aug 27, 2019
1StopRudeness:

No biggie... it’s just a trending thing.. she will want you guys to snap in front of that green sign board like others do... but mostly shaa People do it cos some embassy accepts marriage documentation from there more than other local government..

So people living outside Lagos and Abuja must run down to Ikoyi bcoz of the benefit they can get from Ikoyi federal registry
Re: What's The Big Fuse About Ikoyi Registry by pocohantas(f): 6:33am On Aug 27, 2019
About 3wks ago, you were here to ask how it is being married to an Urhobo lady.

Today you are back again with Ikoyi registry palava? Una never even marry, 2 threads in one month. You'll soon get what you seek.

No big deal about Ikoyi Registry, but that is where slay kings marry their foreign ancestors. Maybe embassies accept it more.

Your wife is probably a slay-queen, she wants to snap near that green signboard and post for SM validation.

Pictures of green signboard attached;

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Big Fuse About Ikoyi Registry by loveliveshere: 6:39am On Aug 27, 2019
pocohantas:

Today you are back again with Ikoyi registry palava?

Una never even marry, 2 threads in one month. You'll soon get what you seek.

No big deal about Ikoyi Registry. That is where slay kings marry their foreign ancestors. Maybe embassies accept it more.

Your last paragraph is making me laugh out loud. grin grin
Re: What's The Big Fuse About Ikoyi Registry by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 27, 2019
Capriconaziz:

So people living outside Lagos and Abuja must run down to Ikoyi bcoz of the benefit they can get from Ikoyi federal registry

See Oga.. u can always do ur wedding at amadioha or sambisa forest local government and u are good to go...cos u might never get the desire or need to relocate abroad... u might even want to travel and not need ikoyi cos some embassy dont ask specifically for ikoyi’s marriage documentation...I know United States, Germany always ask for ikoyi.. some don’t

.so enjoy ur wedding in ur local government close to u... the stress of wedding is already too much to now add traveling down down to lagos just to sign document...but if it is needed in the future... u can always marry all over again at ikoyi... by then what you need it for will drive u faster and u won’t see it as stress
Re: What's The Big Fuse About Ikoyi Registry by biggy00000(m): 8:29am On Aug 27, 2019
Capriconaziz:

Bro. Its only traditional wedding and registry but d registry comes first. She stays in Ikorodu and they have a very unpredictable road on a weekday coupled with how some family members will cause delay on that day. Am also to provide transportation for them which is on d high side for me. I wanted a lowkey wedding but women always have other paparazzi plans during wedding not minding ur pocket and stress.

You have good reason(finance) to decline Ikoyi suggestion/request.
Marriage is about compromise, understanding and forgiveness. I sincerely hope she sees your reasons as genuine and quit the "Threat".
Re: What's The Big Fuse About Ikoyi Registry by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 27, 2019
pocohantas:

Today you are back again with Ikoyi registry palava? Una never even marry, 2 threads in one month. You'll soon get what you seek.

No big deal about Ikoyi Registry. That is where slay kings marry their foreign ancestors. Maybe embassies accept it more.

Your wife is probably a slay-queen, she wants to snap near that green signboard and post for SM validation.

Pictures of green signboard attached;
I literally fell off my chair.

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Advice Is Needed On Wedding Decision / Is She Doing It Somewhere Else?? / Hi Everyone Its My First Time Here , I Need Your Advice Please Guys Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.